Rate This Thread - Why did your team cancel their game?.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-14-2017, 06:37 AM
plantmanky's Avatar
plantmanky plantmanky is offline
Starter
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Garden of BGR
Posts: 1,202
Likes: 23
Liked 260 Times in 178 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
I think the best idea would be to penalize teams that cancel games by taking away a certain amount of points.
Its been discussed, and when its two KYMSFA teams, it is possible, if they sign a game contract. Show me a school that actually has a signed game contract.

When its a non member team, only thing we can do is say tell teams they have a precedent to cancel games. Schedule at your own risk. No different than we tell teams that are non members that are breaking regulation rules, play at your own risk.
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #32  
Old 08-14-2017, 06:38 AM
plantmanky's Avatar
plantmanky plantmanky is offline
Starter
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Garden of BGR
Posts: 1,202
Likes: 23
Liked 260 Times in 178 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Bossdaddy 4115 View Post
Well I hate to get this started again, but look how the teams in the kymsfa did Corbin and I believe northern Pulaski. They up and started a new conference and left Corbin setting without a full schedule. The only way to totally control it is to force all team in kymsfa to a conference within a 100 mile radius, then penalize them for canceling, but the kymsfa can't control a no show if they are not in the system. So coaches don't schedule with teams not involved with kymsfa. Corbin has filled there schedule and have traveled two hours away to play Bowling Green, and almost two hours to play Scott county, also had to pick up some games against Tn teams that they won't even get points for, but they are not avoiding competition like the teams that started new conference and left them out. Hopefully come playoff time we get a shot at a couple teams that screwed us over. Go Hounds
So many things not correct in this post.
Likes: (1)
Single Wing 77 (08-14-2017)
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-14-2017, 06:39 AM
plantmanky's Avatar
plantmanky plantmanky is offline
Starter
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Garden of BGR
Posts: 1,202
Likes: 23
Liked 260 Times in 178 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Coach_Lockwood View Post
Actually I believe you can get points for out of state teams. Just have to let the people
Involved knownso they can find the school size.

I.E. the Battle for the Bridges bowl that happened pitted KY vs IN teams.
Not worth your time with this one.
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-14-2017, 08:35 AM
RunItUpTheGut's Avatar
RunItUpTheGut RunItUpTheGut is offline
MOD



Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bowling Green
Posts: 26,452
Likes: 6,573
Liked 7,458 Times in 5,159 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by Bossdaddy 4115 View Post
Well I hate to get this started again, but look how the teams in the kymsfa did Corbin and I believe northern Pulaski. They up and started a new conference and left Corbin setting without a full schedule. The only way to totally control it is to force all team in kymsfa to a conference within a 100 mile radius, then penalize them for canceling, but the kymsfa can't control a no show if they are not in the system. So coaches don't schedule with teams not involved with kymsfa. Corbin has filled there schedule and have traveled two hours away to play Bowling Green, and almost two hours to play Scott county, also had to pick up some games against Tn teams that they won't even get points for, but they are not avoiding competition like the teams that started new conference and left them out. Hopefully come playoff time we get a shot at a couple teams that screwed us over. Go Hounds
Looks like corbin should of had some contracts made. You simply can't complain as a team or school when you leave yourself open to the liabilities
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-14-2017, 09:19 AM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 571
Likes: 66
Liked 228 Times in 130 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
Again I'll say it. The men who are leading our children should be men of their word. If they don't have enough backbone to stand and deliver on what they say, their not worthy of coaching the sport. That being said, it is what it is. If I were a coach now days, I would make sure that a contract was signed for any game I scheduled.
Likes: (1)
Bossdaddy 4115 (08-14-2017)
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-14-2017, 10:18 AM
Bossdaddy 4115 Bossdaddy 4115 is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 21
Likes: 2
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bossdaddy 4115 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
So many things not correct in this post.
What's not true
Send a private message to Bossdaddy 4115 Add Bossdaddy 4115 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-14-2017, 10:36 AM
plantmanky's Avatar
plantmanky plantmanky is offline
Starter
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Garden of BGR
Posts: 1,202
Likes: 23
Liked 260 Times in 178 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Bossdaddy 4115 View Post
What's not true

Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-14-2017, 05:06 PM
Bossdaddy 4115 Bossdaddy 4115 is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 21
Likes: 2
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bossdaddy 4115 is on a distinguished road
Default
What I thought
Send a private message to Bossdaddy 4115 Add Bossdaddy 4115 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-14-2017, 08:16 PM
plantmanky's Avatar
plantmanky plantmanky is offline
Starter
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Garden of BGR
Posts: 1,202
Likes: 23
Liked 260 Times in 178 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Bossdaddy 4115 View Post
What I thought
Its already been pointed out to you, im sure you can read right?
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-14-2017, 11:48 PM
RunItUpTheGut's Avatar
RunItUpTheGut RunItUpTheGut is offline
MOD



Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bowling Green
Posts: 26,452
Likes: 6,573
Liked 7,458 Times in 5,159 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
Again I'll say it. The men who are leading our children should be men of their word. If they don't have enough backbone to stand and deliver on what they say, their not worthy of coaching the sport. That being said, it is what it is. If I were a coach now days, I would make sure that a contract was signed for any game I scheduled.
If what happened is what you all say what happened, than I agree it was a shitty move on their parts but still cant feel sympathy for Corbin when they didn't have a contract regulating the conference and signed by all schools.
We were doing that 20 years ago. Not sure why this has changed now.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-15-2017, 12:57 AM
Schoolpolitics Schoolpolitics is offline
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Schoolpolitics is on a distinguished road
Default
I say we get more politics involved. Need just a little more at the grade school level
Send a private message to Schoolpolitics Add Schoolpolitics to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-15-2017, 07:23 AM
footballfever footballfever is offline
Starter
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SE KY
Posts: 1,114
Likes: 98
Liked 525 Times in 325 Posts
footballfever is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
If what happened is what you all say what happened, than I agree it was a shitty move on their parts but still cant feel sympathy for Corbin when they didn't have a contract regulating the conference and signed by all schools.
We were doing that 20 years ago. Not sure why this has changed now.
Middle schools didn't sign contracts 20 years ago. Also, didn't Corbin and others schools kick Whitley out of their conference a few years ago?
Send a private message to footballfever Add footballfever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Middle School Sports » Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.