View Poll Results: Who Wins It?
Paintsville 22 53.66%
Hazard 19 46.34%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Rate This Thread - Paintsville @ Hazard **1A State Semi Finals**.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-19-2016, 02:02 AM
swampdonkey swampdonkey is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Paintsville, KY
Posts: 292
Likes: 100
Liked 99 Times in 73 Posts
swampdonkey is on a distinguished road
Default Paintsville @ Hazard **1A State Semi Finals**
Who Wins it?
Send a private message to swampdonkey Add swampdonkey to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #2  
Old 11-19-2016, 05:14 AM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17,225
Likes: 7,438
Liked 3,231 Times in 2,544 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
looks like Hazard is going back to Bowling Green
__________________
Likes: (1)
Gargamel (11-19-2016)
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page
  #3  
Old 11-19-2016, 05:51 AM
BigMelon63's Avatar
BigMelon63 BigMelon63 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Paintsville
Posts: 609
Likes: 1,811
Liked 206 Times in 152 Posts
BigMelon63 is on a distinguished road
Default
Not so fast my friend!! Lol!!
Likes: (1)
pjdoug (11-20-2016)
Send a private message to BigMelon63 Add BigMelon63 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #4  
Old 11-19-2016, 06:44 AM
Scotty_Bronson Scotty_Bronson is online now
State Champion

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,641
Likes: 37
Liked 1,315 Times in 973 Posts
Scotty_Bronson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Well, I have said all year that the Rams and Tigers were playing eachother for the "Real State Title", not just me, but many others as well. Word must have got down to Hazard on that, bc they completely shut Pikeville down. i have massive respect for both programs ans tbh, could care less who wins, I think Paintsville peaked a couple weeks early, imo. The Paintsville team that I saw last night, didnt have near the intensity they had in the regular season. They're goina need 4 quarters of football to win this game. If Hazard can contain Phelps and the big play, they will win.

Which brings me to my next point. I have alot of respect for Chirico, but with all the tallent they have, Im not sold on their play selection. In two games agains my Rams, I may have saw 4 or 5 different plays, jet sweep, delay, iso, offtackle. Now, it worked twice last nice with Phelps 40+ yard TD and he had another 25-30 yard run. But he was kept in check outside of those two plays. I dont feel Allen is used enough in the running game and there's not enough variety. From what I have seen in two games against Paintsville, they dont put alot of big drives together and punch it in. I look for Hazard to be a little more diverse, contain Phelps(no easy task) and win this game. Its going to take someone else stepping up for Paintsville to get to BG.

Hazard 28
Paintsville 21

Dawgs are peaking at the right time.
Likes: (1)
Gargamel (11-19-2016)
Send a private message to Scotty_Bronson Add Scotty_Bronson to Your Contacts Top of page
  #5  
Old 11-19-2016, 06:47 AM
Granny Bear's Avatar
Granny Bear Granny Bear is offline
BGR Staff



Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: "In the deep dark hills....."
Posts: 16,574
Likes: 6,790
Liked 5,856 Times in 3,707 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default
I think you are right Scotty, but after watching last night's game, I am pulled toward Paintsville. That was the best game I have seen all year!!!

I hope the Tigers pull it out.
__________________
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page
  #6  
Old 11-19-2016, 07:21 AM
mysonis55's Avatar
mysonis55 mysonis55 is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,486
Likes: 423
Liked 1,627 Times in 1,175 Posts
mysonis55 is on a distinguished road
Default
It would be nice to see the Dawgs represent east again. I still think the title is Beechwoods for the taking.
Send a private message to mysonis55 Add mysonis55 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #7  
Old 11-19-2016, 08:44 AM
BelfryPride's Avatar
BelfryPride BelfryPride is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals



Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 21,449
Likes: 808
Liked 491 Times in 311 Posts
BelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to BelfryPride
Default
Paintsville!
__________________
Likes: (3)
BigMelon63 (11-19-2016), Doc-Holiday (11-19-2016), swampdonkey (11-19-2016)
Send a private message to BelfryPride Add BelfryPride to Your Contacts Top of page
  #8  
Old 11-19-2016, 08:46 AM
KyGurl's Avatar
KyGurl KyGurl is offline
Starter
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Emerald Shores
Posts: 1,427
Likes: 161
Liked 89 Times in 74 Posts
KyGurl is on a distinguished road
Default
Hazard bulldogs !!! Go blue and gold !!!!
Likes: (1)
Blue-N-Gold (11-20-2016)
Send a private message to KyGurl Add KyGurl to Your Contacts Top of page
  #9  
Old 11-19-2016, 08:52 AM
Skipjack's Avatar
Skipjack Skipjack is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lexington
Posts: 27
Likes: 36
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Skipjack is on a distinguished road
Default
Paintsville rolls on to BG
Likes: (3)
AnotherPirateTD (11-21-2016), BigMelon63 (11-19-2016), Doc-Holiday (11-19-2016)
Send a private message to Skipjack Add Skipjack to Your Contacts Top of page
  #10  
Old 11-19-2016, 09:07 AM
mysonis55's Avatar
mysonis55 mysonis55 is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,486
Likes: 423
Liked 1,627 Times in 1,175 Posts
mysonis55 is on a distinguished road
Default
Hazard, Hazard, Hazard!!!! Come on Dawgs, do it for my late mother in law.
Send a private message to mysonis55 Add mysonis55 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #11  
Old 11-19-2016, 09:20 AM
Hazard_dad Hazard_dad is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 42
Likes: 2
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Hazard_dad is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Skipjack View Post
Paintsville rolls on to BG
Sounds like the same talk pikeville had.
Send a private message to Hazard_dad Add Hazard_dad to Your Contacts Top of page
  #12  
Old 11-19-2016, 09:36 AM
Easy Wind Easy Wind is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 350
Likes: 324
Liked 61 Times in 47 Posts
Easy Wind is on a distinguished road
Default
I may be wrong, but think home field advantage will be the difference.
Hazard--34
Paintsville--30
Likes: (1)
KyGurl (11-25-2016)
Send a private message to Easy Wind Add Easy Wind to Your Contacts Top of page
  #13  
Old 11-19-2016, 09:48 AM
Redneck Redneck is offline
BGR Mafia

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Paintsville
Posts: 5,294
Likes: 177
Liked 315 Times in 195 Posts
Redneck is on a distinguished road
Default
I watched the Hazard/Williamsburg on WYMT last week. I was really impressed with Hazard's run game. Their Oline gets to their blocks and stick with it, making holes for the RB a coal truck could drive thru. Sounds like they did a fine job against a very good Pikeville D as well, I think WYMT said Smith had 38 carries over 200 yards and 5 TD's.

We gotta tackle. Plain and simple. Fight off those blocks, hit low, wrap up, swarm to the ball carrier. Watching Smith reminds me of Daric Pugh. He's big, strong, great balance, cant arm tackle him or hit him up high, he also has enough speed to break a long one. I couldn't tell by watching the Dawgs and Jackets on tv what kind of speed Hazard has in the secondary. If it is suspect, I could see us possibly spreading Phelps out with the Allen boys and opening up our pass game, be hard for Hazard to cover all 3. Morris is a good QB, just had an off night last night against the Rams. As far as our run game goes, some think we are too predictable. It's worked every game we have played. If the Oline does their job, it doesn't matter if you know what is coming or not, and this Oline has done a **** fine job all year.

This game is gonna be a war. Hazard has peaked at the right time and are playing some dang good football. I think this one will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes.
Send a private message to Redneck Add Redneck to Your Contacts Top of page
  #14  
Old 11-19-2016, 11:03 AM
Blue_Bird96 Blue_Bird96 is offline
Asst. Coach
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,921
Likes: 337
Liked 355 Times in 275 Posts
Blue_Bird96 will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Scotty_Bronson View Post
Well, I have said all year that the Rams and Tigers were playing eachother for the "Real State Title", not just me, but many others as well. Word must have got down to Hazard on that, bc they completely shut Pikeville down. i have massive respect for both programs ans tbh, could care less who wins, I think Paintsville peaked a couple weeks early, imo. The Paintsville team that I saw last night, didnt have near the intensity they had in the regular season. They're goina need 4 quarters of football to win this game. If Hazard can contain Phelps and the big play, they will win.

Which brings me to my next point. I have alot of respect for Chirico, but with all the tallent they have, Im not sold on their play selection. In two games agains my Rams, I may have saw 4 or 5 different plays, jet sweep, delay, iso, offtackle. Now, it worked twice last nice with Phelps 40+ yard TD and he had another 25-30 yard run. But he was kept in check outside of those two plays. I dont feel Allen is used enough in the running game and there's not enough variety. From what I have seen in two games against Paintsville, they dont put alot of big drives together and punch it in. I look for Hazard to be a little more diverse, contain Phelps(no easy task) and win this game. Its going to take someone else stepping up for Paintsville to get to BG.

Hazard 28
Paintsville 21

Dawgs are peaking at the right time.
Dawgs are peaking at the right time for sure. I think what gives Paintsville the edge IS who they beat last night! The caliber of team that they beat twice this year in close ones that took not 1 but 2 of the best defensive stands I've seen in High School Football this year. Raceland is a VERY GOOD passing team with a solid Run game with strong lines and Great Run Defense! We need to also look at BOTH Rams TD's that were products of Paintsville special team! The long snap giving it to Raceland on our 1 and the punt return ran all over every inch of the field to find pay dirt! ZERO points came from a Drive down the field! This Paintsville Defense is NO JOKE! We all enjoy touchdowns but this side of the ball will win this game for the TIGERS! Smith will get some yards just like KP but They won't come easy!
Likes: (1)
MtnHSFootballFan (11-19-2016)
Send a private message to Blue_Bird96 Add Blue_Bird96 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #15  
Old 11-19-2016, 11:59 AM
Doc-Holiday's Avatar
Doc-Holiday Doc-Holiday is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 18
Likes: 26
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Doc-Holiday is on a distinguished road
Default
I've not watched Hazard play this year. Traditionally they are a really good football squad. Like I said on a few other posts, I believe Paintsville is playing a caliber of football I've not seen in a while... They know that and it fuels them, they want to be put down as Paintsville High School's best team. Also they go into every game believing they will win. Great bunch of kids. They will be hard to beat no matter where they play. Go Tigers!!!
Likes: (1)
BigMelon63 (11-19-2016)
Send a private message to Doc-Holiday Add Doc-Holiday to Your Contacts Top of page
  #16  
Old 11-19-2016, 12:13 PM
doubledown doubledown is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 378
Likes: 90
Liked 77 Times in 61 Posts
doubledown is on a distinguished road
Default
Sitting here watching replay of the Hazard-Pikeviile game and Hazard looking really good.
going to be a big test for Tigers playing on the road but so far they have found a way to win. P-ville 28-- Hazard 21
GO Tigers
Likes: (2)
BigMelon63 (11-19-2016), Doc-Holiday (11-19-2016)
Send a private message to doubledown Add doubledown to Your Contacts Top of page
  #17  
Old 11-19-2016, 12:17 PM
Ramcat77's Avatar
Ramcat77 Ramcat77 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 670
Likes: 246
Liked 241 Times in 177 Posts
Ramcat77 is on a distinguished road
Default
I think Paintsville's lack of a quality passing game could hurt.
Send a private message to Ramcat77 Add Ramcat77 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #18  
Old 11-19-2016, 03:19 PM
Blue_Bird96 Blue_Bird96 is offline
Asst. Coach
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,921
Likes: 337
Liked 355 Times in 275 Posts
Blue_Bird96 will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Easy Wind View Post
I may be wrong, but think home field advantage will be the difference.
Hazard--34
Paintsville--30
Home field advantage does help a lot in state semi games because typically the driving distance! Most visiting teams fan base shows up a little light! This won't be one of those times! The amount of Paintsville fans that were in the stands last night at Home, will be in the stands in Hazard Friday Night! Think we're gonna see a couple things from Paintsville this Friday that even us Tiger fans haven't seen! This team is AMPED right now! Best Tiger Defense that I've seen in a LOT of years!
Send a private message to Blue_Bird96 Add Blue_Bird96 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #19  
Old 11-19-2016, 03:36 PM
OffTheHook's Avatar
OffTheHook OffTheHook is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: RIGHT ABOVE YOU !!!!!!!
Posts: 11,972
Likes: 365
Liked 907 Times in 641 Posts
OffTheHook has a spectacular aura aboutOffTheHook has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by Ramcat77 View Post
I think Paintsville's lack of a quality passing game could hurt.
Two games against Raceland.
7 touchdowns
4...via the pass..???
Likes: (1)
Doc-Holiday (11-22-2016)
Send a private message to OffTheHook Add OffTheHook to Your Contacts Top of page
  #20  
Old 11-19-2016, 03:40 PM
Hazard_dad Hazard_dad is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 42
Likes: 2
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Hazard_dad is on a distinguished road
Default
Watched the last 2 games for both teams and I like the match ups. Paintsville will only win if they can pass it deep every play. The defense is only weak to the deep ball. The short pass is something hazard defends very well. Hazards run defense is also top notch.

On the offensive side hazard will grind you down and as long as they stay away from fumbling the ball they will not lose this game. Their o line is to big and physical to stop.

Mark it down
Hazard 35
Paintsville 21
Likes: (1)
KyGurl (11-25-2016)
Send a private message to Hazard_dad Add Hazard_dad to Your Contacts Top of page
  #21  
Old 11-19-2016, 03:49 PM
Granny Bear's Avatar
Granny Bear Granny Bear is offline
BGR Staff



Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: "In the deep dark hills....."
Posts: 16,574
Likes: 6,790
Liked 5,856 Times in 3,707 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default
This is nothing against Raceland at all, but I found myself really rooting for Paintsville last night. There is one thing that sort of bothers me about that game though. Paintsville's defense was solid and consistent in the first half, but it went down some in the second half. If they are going to beat Hazard, they have to be consistent for both halves of the game.
__________________
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page
  #22  
Old 11-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Hazard_dad Hazard_dad is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 42
Likes: 2
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Hazard_dad is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
This is nothing against Raceland at all, but I found myself really rooting for Paintsville last night. There is one thing that sort of bothers me about that game though. Paintsville's defense was solid and consistent in the first half, but it went down some in the second half. If they are going to beat Hazard, they have to be consistent for both halves of the game.

Hazards are sometimes slow starters and more of a second half team. I personally hope they play the same way.
Send a private message to Hazard_dad Add Hazard_dad to Your Contacts Top of page
  #23  
Old 11-19-2016, 06:47 PM
Blue_Bird96 Blue_Bird96 is offline
Asst. Coach
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,921
Likes: 337
Liked 355 Times in 275 Posts
Blue_Bird96 will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Hazard_dad View Post
Hazards are sometimes slow starters and more of a second half team. I personally hope they play the same way.
If their slow to start in this one they may find themselves in too big of a hole to climb out of the 2nd half!
Send a private message to Blue_Bird96 Add Blue_Bird96 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #24  
Old 11-19-2016, 06:50 PM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is offline
Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,075
Likes: 137
Liked 410 Times in 264 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
I'm gonna go with the tigers in a close one. One mistake and phelps is gone.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #25  
Old 11-19-2016, 08:48 PM
swampdonkey swampdonkey is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Paintsville, KY
Posts: 292
Likes: 100
Liked 99 Times in 73 Posts
swampdonkey is on a distinguished road
Default
Just watched film of last nights Pikeville/Hazard game and there's no denying that they look good. I will also say that Pikeville must have gotten some bad water or something because they weren't playing like a Pikeville team normally does either. Many contributing factors as to why this game the way it did but aside from stating the obvious (Corey Smith had a monster of a game), Hazard's Line outplayed every lineman on Pikeville's squad last night, and Hazard's line will not be able to do that to Paintsville's guys up front. Also, Pikeville had a complete lack of an offense last night. There line was beaten so bad on evey snap that Charles had absolutely no chance at getting anything. I truly believe that while Corey Smith may be the best running back we have faced thus far, Kent Phelps is certainly the best back they have faced. Momentum is huge in the playoffs, but It will take more than some momentum coming off of last nights game to put the tigers under. I think Phelps will put this one away earlier than anyone expects, or it will be a bitter brawl till the final whistle.
Send a private message to swampdonkey Add swampdonkey to Your Contacts Top of page
  #26  
Old 11-19-2016, 08:48 PM
EJ2005 EJ2005 is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 32
Likes: 1
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
EJ2005 is on a distinguished road
Default
Paintsville 28-24
Send a private message to EJ2005 Add EJ2005 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #27  
Old 11-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Hazard_dad Hazard_dad is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 42
Likes: 2
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Hazard_dad is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
Just watched film of last nights Pikeville/Hazard game and there's no denying that they look good. I will also say that Pikeville must have gotten some bad water or something because they weren't playing like a Pikeville team normally does either. Many contributing factors as to why this game the way it did but aside from stating the obvious (Corey Smith had a monster of a game), Hazard's Line outplayed every lineman on Pikeville's squad last night, and Hazard's line will not be able to do that to Paintsville's guys up front. Also, Pikeville had a complete lack of an offense last night. There line was beaten so bad on evey snap that Charles had absolutely no chance at getting anything. I truly believe that while Corey Smith may be the best running back we have faced thus far, Kent Phelps is certainly the best back they have faced. Momentum is huge in the playoffs, but It will take more than some momentum coming off of last nights game to put the tigers under. I think Phelps will put this one away earlier than anyone expects, or it will be a bitter brawl till the final whistle.


I tell ya what I think, hazards size up front is going to put paintsville 5 yards back every play. They're big, strong, and I think come Friday they'll prove they want it more.
Send a private message to Hazard_dad Add Hazard_dad to Your Contacts Top of page
  #28  
Old 11-19-2016, 09:37 PM
swampdonkey swampdonkey is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Paintsville, KY
Posts: 292
Likes: 100
Liked 99 Times in 73 Posts
swampdonkey is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Hazard_dad View Post
I tell ya what I think, hazards size up front is going to put paintsville 5 yards back every play. They're big, strong, and I think come Friday they'll prove they want it more.
You have no idea how concerned I am with what you think
Send a private message to swampdonkey Add swampdonkey to Your Contacts Top of page
  #29  
Old 11-19-2016, 10:16 PM
baller55's Avatar
baller55 baller55 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 170
Likes: 49
Liked 60 Times in 32 Posts
baller55 is on a distinguished road
Default
Paintsville in a close game!
Send a private message to baller55 Add baller55 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #30  
Old 11-19-2016, 10:23 PM
Spud6's Avatar
Spud6 Spud6 is offline
Moderator


Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Big EKY
Posts: 14,739
Likes: 422
Liked 843 Times in 666 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Default
I expect this to be an extremely close game, but I just think it's Paintisville year.
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page
Closed Thread

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 01:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.