Rate This Thread - 14th Region 2019.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:15 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
dkrude is on a distinguished road
Looks like Faulkner got a transfer from Hazard, a young power hitter. Heard she was the DH for the varsity towards the end of the season.
Send a private message to dkrude Add dkrude to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:21 AM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
eballer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DarkHorse99 View Post
Well an unknown coach versus a coach that doesnít know are two different things.... an unknown coach to the program may be the best option. Ya know...bust up the political BS and plays the best players to win the most games. Saylor, even despite his flaws, would not hire a coach that is ignorant to the game itself. Heís part of the KHSAA governing committee so I doubt he would want to make himself or our county be the laughing stock of athletics.
preach preach preach
ONLYIKNOW (03-04-2019)
Send a private message to eballer Add eballer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:25 AM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Ever View Post
Well Reds Fan if you want me to be all technical I guess I can be.

#1- PCC has the best pitcher in the region, Kim Hughes.

#2- PCC has the best catcher in the region, Jamie Pollard.

We all know it all starts at the pitcher catcher slots. Perry has the best 2.

Now everyone knows that all the other coaches in the region are either older than dirt and just plain worn out or dont have the head coaching experience needed to be a championship coach. Bobby Ratliff has to be the best coach in the region by far (he has the youth, coaching ability, and the college baseball pedigree that none of the others have and not to mention he has the best hair. Perry Central is the favorite. Facts are facts.
not really any facts, besides the good hair.
ONLYIKNOW (03-04-2019)
Send a private message to eballer Add eballer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:47 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ONLYIKNOW is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Ole Man View Post
Wolfe is the team to beat. Wolfe is returning basically everyone. They do lose their 3rd basemen, but still, that can be filled. Trust me, Estill takes a big step back. Wolfe, Jackson City, and Breathitt is without a doubt the toughest District out there.
I possibly see Wolfe winning It. But if Estill new coach plays to the strengths she has. I can see Estill squeaking thru with a win. Better not forget about Jackson City!! Very well coached team that could slide in.
Send a private message to ONLYIKNOW Add ONLYIKNOW to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:23 PM
Water Boy
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Smokescreen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ONLYIKNOW View Post
I possibly see Wolfe winning It. But if Estill new coach plays to the strengths she has. I can see Estill squeaking thru with a win. Better not forget about Jackson City!! Very well coached team that could slide in.
Agree, Jackson City will be in the mix.
Send a private message to Smokescreen Add Smokescreen to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:26 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
diamond gems is on a distinguished road
Kentucky Prep Top 10 14th Region teams and players:
1. Wolfe
2. Estill
3. Jackson City
4. Letcher
5. Perry
6. Knott
7. Lee
8. Breathitt
9. Powell
10. Hazard

1. Hailey Smith-Wolfe
2. Jamie Pollard-Perry
3. McKayla Rucker-Powell
4. Alyssa Franklin-Letcher
5. Kaylee Riddell- Estill
6. Emily Branham-Powell
7. Riley Turner-Jackson City
8. Brooklyn Baker-Knott
8. Emilee Eversole-Perry
8. Kiely Flynn-Estill
8. Mia Hale-Estill
Send a private message to diamond gems Add diamond gems to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:54 PM
Statistician
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
rebounder8 is on a distinguished road
You can have outstanding hitting in fast pitch softball, but if your up against state caliber pitching, hitting is second. The 14th region has not reached the pinnacle of top 5 pitchers in the state yet. Great pitching always super seeds great hitting. Facts are facts and maybe someday we will see that one pitcher int the 14th region that can carry their team to state final game...I sure hope so..
Send a private message to rebounder8 Add rebounder8 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:41 PM
Scout Team
Liked 133 Times in 99 Posts
Bulldogs4Ever is on a distinguished road
All the best athletes play basketball in the 14th region and dont play softball. If the better athletes would start young pitching the proper way, they would catch up.
Send a private message to Bulldogs4Ever Add Bulldogs4Ever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:03 PM
Scout Team
Liked 74 Times in 41 Posts
Reds#1Fan is on a distinguished road
Forget making the state finals letís win a game or 2 in the tournament before we think about the finals.
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:19 PM
Home of the Chicago Cubs!

Liked 1,389 Times in 1,150 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
So I'm confused on something. Jim McAlister (great guy) has Wolfe at #1 and Estill at #2 in his 14th region preseason rankings but in region's 13-16, he has Estill at 6 and Wolfe at like 8 or 9.

Speaking of Estill, Estill's JV beat Estill's varsity 6-4 in a scrimmage the other day. Judging by the gamechanger stats, it doesn't look like Riddle didn't play.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:35 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bball24/7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Strikeout King View Post
So I'm confused on something. Jim McAlister (great guy) has Wolfe at #1 and Estill at #2 in his 14th region preseason rankings but in region's 13-16, he has Estill at 6 and Wolfe at like 8 or 9.

Speaking of Estill, Estill's JV beat Estill's varsity 6-4 in a scrimmage the other day. Judging by the gamechanger stats, it doesn't look like Riddle didn't play.
The rankings that has Wolfe ranked as #1 was not McAlisters personal rankings. Those were voted on by coaches in those regions. The other rankings were the ones McAlister personally did.

The Estill Scrimmage wasn't JV versus Varsity. It was mixed and some players switched in and out. Kaylee did not play.
Send a private message to Bball24/7 Add Bball24/7 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:15 AM
Scout Team
Why didnít Riddle play?
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:23 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Reds#1Fan View Post
Why didnít Riddle play?
I was wondering same thing. Was told she had some dental work done.
Send a private message to ONLYIKNOW Add ONLYIKNOW to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:37 PM
Scout Team

Now everyone knows that all the other coaches in the region are either older than dirt and just plain worn out or dont have the head coaching experience needed to be a championship coach. Bobby Ratliff has to be the best coach in the region by far (he has the youth, coaching ability, and the college baseball pedigree that none of the others have and not to mention he has the best hair. Perry Central is the favorite. Facts are facts.
Well if you have the best pitcher, catcher, and coach you canít lose to Morgan County 6-2. Morgan hasnít had a good season in several years.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:25 AM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ONLYIKNOW View Post
I was wondering same thing. Was told she had some dental work done.
She had her wisdom teeth removed, but she will be playing in the game today against Fleming County.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 76 Times in 54 Posts
The Weatherman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dkrude View Post
Looks like Faulkner got a transfer from Hazard, a young power hitter. Heard she was the DH for the varsity towards the end of the season.
Hazard played Floyd last night and wasn't missing anyone. I'm not sure who you are referring to, but the dawgs were out in full force.
Send a private message to The Weatherman Add The Weatherman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:50 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 76 Times in 54 Posts
The Weatherman is on a distinguished road
Well if you have the best pitcher, catcher, and coach you canít lose to Morgan County 6-2. Morgan hasnít had a good season in several years.
Perry is in rebuilding mode after losing the 5 seniors from last year and another starter suffering a knee injury. We have a freshman pitcher that will do well once she gets some experience. Coach Ratliff knows the game and will do great things. I don't think our team is top five in the region. We probably fall somewhere between 6-8 and that is premature knowing the season is just getting underway. I think by the end of the season we are strides better than we are now and will compete with Hazard for the district championship.
Send a private message to The Weatherman Add The Weatherman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:52 PM
Statistician
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
14th region fanman is on a distinguished road

Facts are they have lost to a very average Morgan County team and a very average Breathitt County team by a combined score of 17-8
If you have the
Best pitcher in the region
Best Catcher in the region
Best coach in the region
You shouldnít be 0-2 against Morgan and Breathitt. Facts are facts
ONLYIKNOW (04-02-2019)
Send a private message to 14th region fanman Add 14th region fanman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:35 PM
Scout Team
These early regular season games dont amount to a can of beans. Perry will beat the cornbread out of these region teams by the end of the year.
Send a private message to Bulldogs4Ever Add Bulldogs4Ever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:05 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
diamond gems is on a distinguished road
Last time I checked there is 9 players out in the field. The majority of this Perry team had never played a varsity game. They are going to drop some of these games early in the season but by the end of the year they will be very competitive. Iím not saying theyíre gonna win region but I do think they will win their district and could pull off a win in the region.
ONLYIKNOW (04-02-2019)
Send a private message to diamond gems Add diamond gems to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:55 PM
Water Boy
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Lowdown is on a distinguished road
We shall see....Ratliff is a great coach...but wondering about the pitcher and catcher being all that....but, you can have the best pitcher in the region...but poor defense and no hitting...absolutely gets you nowhere. Even with a good pitcher.
ONLYIKNOW (04-02-2019)
Send a private message to Lowdown Add Lowdown to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:34 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Budsqueezer is on a distinguished road
14th is definately weakest Region in the state in softball. Not even close.....
Send a private message to Budsqueezer Add Budsqueezer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:43 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
dkrude is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Weatherman View Post
Hazard played Floyd last night and wasn't missing anyone. I'm not sure who you are referring to, but the dawgs were out in full force.
Dawgs did lose a girl from last years team, the Wickline girl transferred to Powell just before basketball season, she was one of the eighth graders that William pulled up last year when Candi was on a trip. She was the DH for the rest of the season for them. She was hitting 4th and playing 1st base for Powell last night at Johnson Central.
Send a private message to dkrude Add dkrude to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:02 PM
Statistician
Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
basketballx2 is on a distinguished road
How is it that a Perry has the most talent and the best coach in the state? Lol maybe he needs to win something before we crown him the King. Perry didnít win last year with a proven pitcher and a couple of solid hitters that arenít there anymore. Why would they be the favorite now?
To my knowledge the last time Perry Central had a great team was when the school was first built in 2005. They won the first 4 years district straight , 3 years straight region and the Pikeville invitational. Not seen anything much since then.
Send a private message to basketballx2 Add basketballx2 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:39 PM
Scout Team
Well one reason why is the little league program was a Hazard ran feeder program for a long time, county kids didnt participate. Perry County also didnt have a middle school program for a very long time either. There is plenty county participation in the league and theres a middle school team. In a year or two, Perry will be where they need to be.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:02 PM
Scout Team
Wolfe has started the season really well. They beat a really good Johnson central team at Johnson Central tonight.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bulldogs4ever View Post
these early regular season games dont amount to a can of beans. Perry will beat the cornbread out of these region teams by the end of the year.
🤔🤷*♂️🤦🏻🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old 04-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
These early regular season games dont amount to a can of beans. Perry will beat the cornbread out of these region teams by the end of the year.
Bet

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Softball