Rate This Thread - OBI's New Coach.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:31 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 88 Times in 67 Posts
cchsfan4life is on a distinguished road
Default OBI's New Coach
I'm hearing a lot of rumors that OBI could be hiring a coach with multiple regional championship's. If this is true.....then the 13th region and 49th district better watch out!!
Defender (03-09-2019), rojas (03-08-2019)
Send a private message to cchsfan4life Add cchsfan4life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Starter
Liked 438 Times in 301 Posts
Van Hagar is on a distinguished road
Are his initials Robert Marcum?
Defender (03-09-2019), ky playmaker (03-08-2019)
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Lamont Sanford is on a distinguished road
Rah Rho...Scoobie...How? What? When? Where? Who? See no hear no do no...
Send a private message to Lamont Sanford Add Lamont Sanford to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:16 PM
Scout Team
Liked 133 Times in 99 Posts
Bulldogs4Ever is on a distinguished road
Aint nobody going to OBI to coach
Send a private message to Bulldogs4Ever Add Bulldogs4Ever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 614 Times in 395 Posts
walterwhite will become famous soon enough
There is mutual interest, so this is not just idle chatter. Look for further developments!
Send a private message to walterwhite Add walterwhite to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:58 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
JayTiger is on a distinguished road
I was told March 6th Robert was at OBI hosting a meeting with the ball player's and some outside player's that was looking to come to OBI if Robert took the coaching job. It's all in to a few questionable facts if Robert takes the job or not but it would be something that would take a little time to sort out the X O's to celebrate to a agreement. Could see announcement with in the next month.. I guess CC nation is getting a little nervous over the situation. More details to come!
Defender (03-09-2019), walterwhite (03-09-2019)
Send a private message to JayTiger Add JayTiger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Statistician
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
JustThinking is on a distinguished road
If OBI can hire Marcum it would be a great hire. If they can't work things out OBI needs to look at someone who played there and has Head Coaching Experience. There are a few of these people around who would be great fits also.
Send a private message to JustThinking Add JustThinking to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Scout Team
Liked 68 Times in 63 Posts
Rainingthrees is on a distinguished road
If they make this hire I'd say OBI would become the Cordia of the 13th region!
Send a private message to Rainingthrees Add Rainingthrees to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Water Boy
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Wayne_ is on a distinguished road
It would shock me if Marcum accepted the position. I donít think he has retired from his job yet. I would think they would need to have something in place to get a couple new players and pay big money to make it happen. I hope he does, I would love to see Marcum and his team beat the supers favorite son, Gray.
basketball101 (03-09-2019), Defender (03-09-2019), JustThinking (03-11-2019)
Send a private message to Wayne_ Add Wayne_ to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:00 AM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Lamont Sanford is on a distinguished road
I heard they are on full lockdown mode to stop any transfers, even preparing to block any kid from other schools that may want to join up if Marcum is named. It's odd because of all the shucking and jiving pulled to get the girl from south eligible for the district tournament, seems a tad bit hypocritical to me. One would think with the dominating future of the Tigers who've already been penciled in to win the next two regional championships that no kid would ever consider leaving, looks like they'd welcome the challenge.
Send a private message to Lamont Sanford Add Lamont Sanford to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:25 PM
Equipment Manager
I don't really see where they could lock any kid down from transferring from another school or even have a fight to challenge with. A new kid transfer in to OBI would come eilgible immediate with it having room n board on campus with no rule violation broken. So I guess CC can't try their best to lock what ever but the only thing I could see them locking down would the gym doors to keep all kids leaving Gray for Marcum..lol
Send a private message to JayTiger Add JayTiger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:48 PM
Starter
Liked 241 Times in 190 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JayTiger View Post
I don't really see where they could lock any kid down from transferring from another school or even have a fight to challenge with. A new kid transfer in to OBI would come eilgible immediate with it having room n board on campus with no rule violation broken. So I guess CC can't try their best to lock what ever but the only thing I could see them locking down would the gym doors to keep all kids leaving Gray for Marcum..lol
A Clay County kid would leave home to go stay in a dorm at OBI? A lot of these teens run back home from college. I can't see them doing it in high school, especially when Oneida isn't exactly Lexington or Richmond.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:51 AM
Statistician
Originally Posted by Wayne_ View Post
It would shock me if Marcum accepted the position. I donít think he has retired from his job yet. I would think they would need to have something in place to get a couple new players and pay big money to make it happen. I hope he does, I would love to see Marcum and his team beat the supers favorite son, Gray.
I agree, if Marcum had wanted the OBI Job he would have accepted last time it was open. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think so.
Send a private message to JustThinking Add JustThinking to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Allcity33 is on a distinguished road
Iíd like to see Coach Marcum coaching again. He seemed to have gotten a raw deal.
Lila (05-11-2019)
Send a private message to Allcity33 Add Allcity33 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Statistician
Any names flying around other than Marcum ?
Old 03-12-2019, 02:22 PM
Scout Team
Heard Ritchie Farmer may do it.
Send a private message to Bulldogs4Ever Add Bulldogs4Ever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 81 Times in 68 Posts
JerryGarcia is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Ever View Post
Surely not 🤔🤔
Send a private message to JerryGarcia Add JerryGarcia to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Ever View Post
Surely you are kidding. No Way that would happen.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:18 PM
Scout Team
Heard today from a very good source that job is Marcum's if he wants it and will have a few tigers join him if he takes it.
Send a private message to Rainingthrees Add Rainingthrees to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:41 PM
Head Coach
Liked 205 Times in 142 Posts
LOOKAYANNER is on a distinguished road
Everything Cordia got criticized for by so many during Rhodes time there, and which eventually got them place on probation, would be perfectly legal at OBI. I donít know how many high schools in the state have a campus and dorms like they do at OBI but Iíve often wondered why they havenít utilize that advantage a little more in their sports programs. Maybe a guy like Marcum is what they need.
Send a private message to LOOKAYANNER Add LOOKAYANNER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:58 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
MrBasketball78 is on a distinguished road
Marcum to OBI would for sure be interesting. I hope we see it happen.
Send a private message to MrBasketball78 Add MrBasketball78 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:31 AM
Starter
Liked 241 Times in 190 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LOOKAYANNER View Post
Everything Cordia got criticized for by so many during Rhodes time there, and which eventually got them place on probation, would be perfectly legal at OBI. I donít know how many high schools in the state have a campus and dorms like they do at OBI but Iíve often wondered why they havenít utilize that advantage a little more in their sports programs. Maybe a guy like Marcum is what they need.
I always heard Cordia had a dorm.

LOTTS CREEK, Ky. (WYMT) - Several members of an Eastern Kentucky high school basketball program are upset after social workers questioned them Wednesday at school.

Nine players and an assistant coach from the Cordia boys basketball team answered questions about sex, drugs and money.

Two officials from the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services showed up at the school Wednesday afternoon and spent hours questioning the players and coach, who all live in a dorm near the school.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:54 PM
Statistician
Who ever OBI gives the job to, has a great opportunity to have a very good program. They have wonderful facilities, a beautiful up to date campus. The right hire could do wonders for the school on the State and National Level. It takes a special person to Coach and be successful at Oneida. One must put God 1st and Himself second, anything else will not work.
Nygfan106wins (04-23-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,837 Times in 1,974 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HCS View Post
I always heard Cordia had a dorm.

LOTTS CREEK, Ky. (WYMT) - Several members of an Eastern Kentucky high school basketball program are upset after social workers questioned them Wednesday at school.

Nine players and an assistant coach from the Cordia boys basketball team answered questions about sex, drugs and money.

Two officials from the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services showed up at the school Wednesday afternoon and spent hours questioning the players and coach, who all live in a dorm near the school.
They do.

But OBI is a private school with boarding status if I'm not mistaken.

There is actually a transfer exception for boarding school students.

While there are dorms on the Lotts Creek Community School campus, Cordia is not a boarding school and all of their transfers have to be legit or tested in court.
Send a private message to zaga_fan Add zaga_fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:27 AM
Statistician
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
nedreader is on a distinguished road
Which players are rumored to be transferring if Marcum takes the job? Everyone knows Gray has at least one ďride or dieĒ from his elementary coaching days. The Langdon kid had a breakout year but still doesnít get the ball enough and didnít get to play enough as a sophomore either. BTW, Langdon is not Grayís ďride or dieĒ Iím talking about. Clay has several kids out of shape...one perimeter player in particular.
Wheatfarmer (03-20-2019)
Send a private message to nedreader Add nedreader to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:18 AM
Statistician
Originally Posted by nedreader View Post
Which players are rumored to be transferring if Marcum takes the job? Everyone knows Gray has at least one ďride or dieĒ from his elementary coaching days. The Langdon kid had a breakout year but still doesnít get the ball enough and didnít get to play enough as a sophomore either. BTW, Langdon is not Grayís ďride or dieĒ Iím talking about. Clay has several kids out of shape...one perimeter player in particular.
That would be interesting to know. I find it hard to believe any player would leave Clay Co, for OBI. Clay is a Regional Contender next year. Over the years, let's say last 20 how many has left Clay to play at Oneida ? I don't remember any but could be wrong. Someone closer to the OBI situation please answer question ?
Old 03-14-2019, 11:31 AM
Scout Team
I kind of doubt the Ritchie rumor is true but a friend of mine told me that they were showing Heston Beverly around yesterday. He would turn OBI into a basketball gold mine .
Old 03-14-2019, 04:59 PM
Scout Team
Liked 108 Times in 88 Posts
ArJay is on a distinguished road
Now if they cold just get a McDonalds up there. Seriously they don’t have a great location up there.

Last edited by ArJay; 03-14-2019 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:56 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by JustThinking View Post
That would be interesting to know. I find it hard to believe any player would leave Clay Co, for OBI. Clay is a Regional Contender next year. Over the years, let's say last 20 how many has left Clay to play at Oneida ? I don't remember any but could be wrong. Someone closer to the OBI situation please answer question ?
Everything wasn't smooth on that team, some jealously with some of the players went on and I'm not saying who would leave but a couple would go in a heartbeat to play for marcum to get away from playing with a couple of other kids for another year is what I was told (from someone very close to the Clay team). Things could get smoothed over but there is some feuding in the ranks.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:37 PM
Equipment Manager
A little feuding going on .. Where have you been for the last two yrs. Feuding has been going and will still continue until the 2020 season is over. To many parents in the locker rooms calling the shots and making private phone calls and visits to the coach and demanding their (🌟 player) should be getting the ball more or more shots n headlines in the weekly paper. It's drama and drama all around the basketball program with this parent n that parent pointing fingers. I feel sorry for Coach Gray it's a jungle in Manchester for the last two yrs. Heck just go to some of the games you got parents spread all over the place because of the anger 😡😡 not wanting to even set in the same section as the other parent is in because of jealously and afraid some kid is going to out do the other it's a joke. #1 first step for a new coach or coach Gray is get some BALLS and some guts and take over his team and put the parents back in the stands playing which ever kid u desires that has earned 💯 the spot and play. Bobby Keith is what built CC nation and name and I promise you if he was still alive today n coaching this none since would not be taking place today because it would be his way or the highway didn't matter who your parents was or what position or title they held in Clay county and if it took three county's away to get the star player to make the team it was done n nobody had a problem with it. So of CC wants to fix the problem then quit pointing fingers and just sit back and let the black gold play for each other !!

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball