Rate This Thread - Invasion of the USA.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:33 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,485 Times in 1,067 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Of all the Presidents we've had since Eisenhower, (and I remember them all) Trump has more chin than his predecessors all put together. And that includes Ronald Reagan, whom had his presidency been in 2016 rather than 1980, would have faired MUCH worse under the same conditions to which Trump has been subjected.

Said conditions, being the fact that the US Congress is in all out war with itself. A fact, that is made all the more bizarre when one considers that Republicans are still in denial about. Meanwhile the Speaker of the House is a true bleeding heart lib incapable of lucidity, much less fair and open governance. And he has opposed the President in every way could. And in looking at the Senate Majority Leader's thoughts and actions, it would seem he is equally oblivious to the war, and in denial about the devastating barrage of insanity launched daily from the left.

It was more than high time that a strong leader with traditional values stepped up to shake things up in DC. 'Drain the swamp' is far more meaningful an idea than some glib campaign phrase, as identity politics based on political correctness have taken over the daily operations of the federal government. I've used the analogy of the Titanic before, but it still fits the situation before us. As the ship slid down into the icy blackness, up on deck the band played music. An act if you ask me of insanity. In no lesser degree, is this mad push we see from Congress to force Americans into globalism. Only in the imaginations of liberals could a world without borders work.

As predicted, MR Trump has had to take on the media and the establishment. And the task has been daunting. We do need more (new) Republicans in Congress, and that is job one which we must see to accomplishing as the first order of business. After November 7th, we can then turn our attention to turning back this invasion. And I did call this obvious threat out in post #3 above. But Americans are so naïve and sleepy these days that I wonder what in the world could ever wake them up.

BTW, though an entirely predictable outcome, I have my suspicions about how these so-called caravans got started in the first place. Especially two weeks before the midterms.
How is promising to veto budget bills that fail to fund a border wall and then signing budget bills that contain no such funding constitute "taking on the establishment?" And why are Hillary Clinton and the long list of criminals from the Obama administration not facing serious criminal investigations? I live here and I don't see much evidence of swamp drainage.

Every US president faces formidable challenges. Trump's habit of publicly insulting potential allies and members of his own cabinet have not helped his cause. And why is a US president Tweeting around the clock?

Ronald Reagan understood the power and the limitations of the presidency will and used the power effectively to advance his agenda in the face of overwhelming opposition. Donald Trump could learn a lot from studying the Reagan presidency.

Trump asked for and was awarded a very tough job, but the obstacles that he faces are certainly not historically unprecedented.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:35 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
Liberal judges ruling unpopular constitutional laws constitutional are man bored dog stories. It happens, but very rarely.
that should have been "man bites dog stories."
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:52 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,005 Times in 839 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
How is promising to veto budget bills that fail to fund a border wall and then signing budget bills that contain no such funding constitute "taking on the establishment?" And why are Hillary Clinton and the long list of criminals from the Obama administration not facing serious criminal investigations? I live here and I don't see much evidence of swamp drainage.

Every US president faces formidable challenges. Trump's habit of publicly insulting potential allies and members of his own cabinet have not helped his cause. And why is a US president Tweeting around the clock?

Ronald Reagan understood the power and the limitations of the presidency will and used the power effectively to advance his agenda in the face of overwhelming opposition. Donald Trump could learn a lot from studying the Reagan presidency.

Trump asked for and was awarded a very tough job, but the obstacles that he faces are certainly not historically unprecedented.

Trump did thankfully, ask for the job. And for all except the last two paragraphs, your post would have been smack on. That is if you'd posted it back in 1985.

But this is 2018 and we're hopefully coming off an era of historic contempt and racial unrest. All courtesy of the inflammatory rhetoric that then President of the United States used (No not President Trump; President Obama) to inspire unrest among the minorities the entire 8 years of his misadministration. So much anarchy was afoot during the Obama era that the restoration of law and order necessarily became an integral part of the Trump campaign. Trump won, and immediately the CBC formally turned their collective backs on Trump before he could even take office. (Which BTW, cut major ice with the RINO's who capitulated to the race-first minded Dems, and continue to do so) And more than 65 Dems boycotted his inauguration. But all Dems as far as I know, are sworn charter members of "La Résistance." And since that time things have only gotten much worse. No President has ever faced anything like this. Google this question and see what comes up; 'Who is the most hated president in history.'

That cauldron, boiling and seething with rebellion, is what awaited President Trump. IMHO he's done an unbelievable job against enemies on every hand who'd party like it was 1999 if they could figure out how to bring him down. Governing under such madness would be impossible for most. And though contrasts are helpful to understand how bad things really are, administrative comparisons made to past eras are dubious at best.

Because he was an actor, Reagan wasn't taken seriously by the establishment of the day. There was some resolve among the elite to spurn Reagan. Still, not one Democrat publicly spoke out announcing his intent to resist or otherwise oppose Reagan with his last breath on policy and purview. In fact, Speaker O'Neill was an outspoken but loyal opposition leader, and even he still worked with Reagan on his agenda. Paul Ryan on the other hand is a quintessential weasel, and Republicans should have demanded his departure after the first year of Trump's term. Why? Because he has not worked with the President at all, opposing him in fact on everything. I wouldn't be shocked if Ryan admitted one day soon that his political philosophies are actually more aligned with Democrats than Republicans. He ought to go ahead and change his party affiliation in any event. And that, not to mention the political carnage littering the landscape left behind by the rabid chipmunks led by Schumer and Pelosi.

The last I checked, this nation's Congress was responsible for funding appropriations and budgets. Trump at least, knows the hand he's been dealt and has played that hand admirably. In any case I'm sure the President would like to preserve as much of the regular machinations of the federal government, and therefore the Republic, as he possibly can. The elections are next week and he has focused rightly in my view, to get rid of as many flaming libs as possible in using the elective process. In the meantime he has tried to hold his majority together while giving the globalists surrounding him ample opportunity to have a much needed change of heart. And yet in the face of historic opposition to my knowledge, Trump has yet to commit a notable mistake as President. In fact, all of those who've mistakenly or wishfully insisted he has, have had to walk around with egg on their faces following. It is incumbent upon the President of any era to work with the people's representatives, if he at all can possibly do so. He tried. Now it's time to take the gloves off and it's safe to say he will.

Let the man work.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:51 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Motley View Post
A liberal federal judge will rule a constitutional amendment constitutional? Say it ain't so.
The framers did not intend the 14th Amendment as cover for enterprising thieves to establish tours for pregnant women. So the obvious outcome of their imminent births would mean automatic citizenship for the child and therefore the Mother. Not to mention the 'chain' of unvetted neer-do-wells to follow. Nor did they intend to expose the citizenry of this land, to pay for every need of border crashing pregnant women just because they set one foot on US soil.

But if your heart bleeds purple koolaid, why not write the immigration service and offer to donate space in your house for some of these folk Motley? Lead by example for a change.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:44 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Trump did thankfully, ask for the job. And for all except the last two paragraphs, your post would have been smack on. That is if you'd posted it back in 1985.

But this is 2018 and we're hopefully coming off an era of historic contempt and racial unrest. All courtesy of the inflammatory rhetoric that then President of the United States used (No not President Trump; President Obama) to inspire unrest among the minorities the entire 8 years of his misadministration. So much anarchy was afoot during the Obama era that the restoration of law and order necessarily became an integral part of the Trump campaign. Trump won, and immediately the CBC formally turned their collective backs on Trump before he could even take office. (Which BTW, cut major ice with the RINO's who capitulated to the race-first minded Dems, and continue to do so) And more than 65 Dems boycotted his inauguration. But all Dems as far as I know, are sworn charter members of "La Résistance." And since that time things have only gotten much worse. No President has ever faced anything like this. Google this question and see what comes up; 'Who is the most hated president in history.'

That cauldron, boiling and seething with rebellion, is what awaited President Trump. IMHO he's done an unbelievable job against enemies on every hand who'd party like it was 1999 if they could figure out how to bring him down. Governing under such madness would be impossible for most. And though contrasts are helpful to understand how bad things really are, administrative comparisons made to past eras are dubious at best.

Because he was an actor, Reagan wasn't taken seriously by the establishment of the day. There was some resolve among the elite to spurn Reagan. Still, not one Democrat publicly spoke out announcing his intent to resist or otherwise oppose Reagan with his last breath on policy and purview. In fact, Speaker O'Neill was an outspoken but loyal opposition leader, and even he still worked with Reagan on his agenda. Paul Ryan on the other hand is a quintessential weasel, and Republicans should have demanded his departure after the first year of Trump's term. Why? Because he has not worked with the President at all, opposing him in fact on everything. I wouldn't be shocked if Ryan admitted one day soon that his political philosophies are actually more aligned with Democrats than Republicans. He ought to go ahead and change his party affiliation in any event. And that, not to mention the political carnage littering the landscape left behind by the rabid chipmunks led by Schumer and Pelosi.

The last I checked, this nation's Congress was responsible for funding appropriations and budgets. Trump at least, knows the hand he's been dealt and has played that hand admirably. In any case I'm sure the President would like to preserve as much of the regular machinations of the federal government, and therefore the Republic, as he possibly can. The elections are next week and he has focused rightly in my view, to get rid of as many flaming libs as possible in using the elective process. In the meantime he has tried to hold his majority together while giving the globalists surrounding him ample opportunity to have a much needed change of heart. And yet in the face of historic opposition to my knowledge, Trump has yet to commit a notable mistake as President. In fact, all of those who've mistakenly or wishfully insisted he has, have had to walk around with egg on their faces following. It is incumbent upon the President of any era to work with the people's representatives, if he at all can possibly do so. He tried. Now it's time to take the gloves off and it's safe to say he will.

Let the man work.
Pleas for pity are not a good campaign strategy, TRT. This nation has enough victims and most Americans do not view the most powerful political leader on the face of planet Earth as a victim. Trump was a victor in 2016, not a victim. I don't feel sorry for him and neither should anybody else.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:59 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Pleas for pity are not a good campaign strategy, TRT. This nation has enough victims and most Americans do not view the most powerful political leader on the face of planet Earth as a victim. Trump was a victor in 2016, not a victim. I don't feel sorry for him and neither should anybody else.

I wonder how many people reading my post would come to the conclusion that I was seeking pity for the President? I was lauding his courage and his successes, not making excuses for anything. My inferred point about the state of affairs in the US which he must deal with daily was this; owing to our confused state of prioritizing, we're basically down the drain. But IF Republicans can hold serve next week, we might slow the freefall into oblivion down a bit.

In any case, in nary a one of the arguments I've made on here have I in any way suggested that the efforts of MR Trump will affect the ultimate time table for this county's demise from the perspective of prophesy. That's a done deal because God has already seen it. Christians say God has foreseen the end of all things, and has recorded the events of the end in His Word, the Bible. It's true that God has known every detail history might record from the get-go. But I have a slightly different perspective on that. I say that the constraints of time effects only God's creation, that would be us. But not Himself. And because God lives outside of time, He did not necessarily have to look forward per se. He can see the beginning, and simultaneously He can see the end, or anything in between. Sort of like us looking at a wall mural. Man's history is just there for Him to see. Not only that, God takes an active part in the affairs of men.

With that in mind though I do not believe the timetable as seen by the Almighty can be altered, I said that I hope it will prove to have been the case that Trump's Presidency slowed the rush to destruction down a bit. If for no other reason than for the sakes of those who are not yet saved. Though I freely admit it does me good to see the plans of the left thwarted. I'm no hero worshipper, but I will fight for truth to the end. I believe that is the Christian's charge, which I intend to fulfill to the best of my ability. In any case the closer mankind comes to his destiny, the more corrupt and godless he will become. Thus my contention that the forces arrayed against this President are unlike those of the past.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Statistician
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
2face is on a distinguished road
let Soros pay for the babies free stuff
Send a private message to 2face Add 2face to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:41 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by 2face View Post
let Soros pay for the babies free stuff

Yeah but that's not how libs operate. They're here to tell everybody else what to do.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Politics and Current Events