Rate This Thread - Bell Co @ Corbin 11/16 Region Championship.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 12:49 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 4,075 Times in 2,989 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Bell is going to see something special come Friday night and Iím not giving any hints either. Only looked at my prediction

Corbin 64
Bell County 16
campbellfield (11-11-2018)
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-11-2018, 01:05 AM
Head Coach
Liked 884 Times in 633 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by campbellfield View Post
Hacked by a friend. Could a mod please delete that post. Sorry.
I thought that was a little out of place for you.
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2018, 01:07 AM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by 64SUR View Post
Bell is going to see something special come Friday night and Iím not giving any hints either. Only looked at my prediction

Corbin 64
Bell County 16
You talking about that big stud that just got eligible? Iím gonna get the guys from mayfield to run the IMTU simulator with him plugged in. Hounds by 90
64SUR (11-11-2018), rookie57 (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Cattleman is on a distinguished road
Here go the Corbin fans, go ahead, those scores are nothing more than bulletin board material. Hounds are not that good to do that to a somewhat improved Bell team. I do think Hounds increase win margin by a touchdown.
Send a private message to Cattleman Add Cattleman to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Statistician
Liked 42 Times in 29 Posts
HOFER is on a distinguished road
Will Dudley play the qb both ways again? Surely there's someone else on that team that can play defense and let him rest.
BobcatForever (11-11-2018)
Send a private message to HOFER Add HOFER to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by HOFER View Post
Will Dudley play the qb both ways again? Surely there's someone else on that team that can play defense and let him rest.
One would think. But at the same time. Steely is very fast. Able to beat you deep consistently. He almost ran the kick off back. And now add goose, who also has an incredible deep threat ability. You about have to have him on defense for his speed alone. Not to mention heís very good on defense. Itís catch 22 in that situation for them.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Water Boy
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Football Scout is on a distinguished road
I feel this could be a dangerous game for Corbin. I think Corbin will win but it will be close for 3 quarters. Iím going Corbin 35-21
Send a private message to Football Scout Add Football Scout to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by Football Scout View Post
I feel this could be a dangerous game for Corbin. I think Corbin will win but it will be close for 3 quarters. Iím going Corbin 35-21
No doubt about it, itís a dangerous game. It should be. Itís the region championship. But Corbin will prevail. Just need a clean game.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:49 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 196 Times in 101 Posts
Mayfieldsportsfan is on a distinguished road
Pulling for the Hounds in this one.
Send a private message to Mayfieldsportsfan Add Mayfieldsportsfan to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2018, 09:56 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
BellCOUNTYfaithfull is on a distinguished road
What position does this kid play if u donít mine me asking
Send a private message to BellCOUNTYfaithfull Add BellCOUNTYfaithfull to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Statistician
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
dragon_slayer is on a distinguished road
Corbin 20
Bell County 14
Send a private message to dragon_slayer Add dragon_slayer to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2018, 10:01 PM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by BellCOUNTYfaithfull View Post
What position does this kid play if u donít mine me asking
What kid?

If referring to my earlier comment. It was an inside joke Corbin and mayfield had going on with each other. But the IMTU grading system does have Corbin winning by 24
BobcatForever (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 10:32 PM
Head Coach
CalPreps shows Corbin winning by 10 on a neutral field. But I will say this, I hate CalPreps and how they do it.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:28 PM
Statistician
Liked 57 Times in 40 Posts
campbellfield is on a distinguished road
It is a dangerous game for Corbin, I hope both teams will play fair and not intentionally ugly it up. Corbin will have more speed back this game and arguably our best athlete. Catches most anything thrown his direction. Question is...will Corbin stick with the power running game like the last meeting or go more balanced or go constantly to the air? I think any of the 3 would work with Estep appearing to be healthy. Most donít understand that we were missing Gosselin, our #1 weapon in the passing game and could also run it or even throw a pass out of the backfield and Estep probably shouldnít have even been playing with his injury. Estep has ran less than 10 times since Mayfield...correct me if Iím wrong please. This probably wonít resemble the hounds from the 1st meeting or it might since it worked.
Rumors are that ole Dud will be packing his bags for a move to Williamsburg after this one. That would be interesting if it becomes fact.
Send a private message to campbellfield Add campbellfield to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2018, 11:33 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,688 Times in 2,900 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
It is a dangerous game for Corbin, I hope both teams will play fair and not intentionally ugly it up. Corbin will have more speed back this game and arguably our best athlete. Catches most anything thrown his direction. Question is...will Corbin stick with the power running game like the last meeting or go more balanced or go constantly to the air? I think any of the 3 would work with Estep appearing to be healthy. Most donít understand that we were missing Gosselin, our #1 weapon in the passing game and could also run it or even throw a pass out of the backfield and Estep probably shouldnít have even been playing with his injury. Estep has ran less than 10 times since Mayfield...correct me if Iím wrong please. This probably wonít resemble the hounds from the 1st meeting or it might since it worked.
Rumors are that ole Dud will be packing his bags for a move to Williamsburg after this one. That would be interesting if it becomes fact.
Word gets around fast. Hurry and win so he can go to work
Old 11-11-2018, 11:35 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Word gets around fast. Hurry and win so he can go to work
I donít believe it at all...but it would be interesting if it did happen.
Send a private message to campbellfield Add campbellfield to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2018, 11:38 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 69 Times in 51 Posts
Rip/Spin is on a distinguished road

Is this for real? Why would he leave Bell again? I would think with the realignment coming, Bell is setting pretty good with only Belfry and Ashland to worry about in the East.
Send a private message to Rip/Spin Add Rip/Spin to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by Rip/Spin View Post
Is this for real? Why would he leave Bell again? I would think with the realignment coming, Bell is setting pretty good with only Belfry and Ashland to worry about in the East.
We should leave this to an appropriate thread instead of hijacking this one...but I have heard this from a couple people and check the Whitley thread some people hint at it.

Itís Bell week take 2, back to the game!

Last edited by campbellfield; 11-11-2018 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-12-2018, 12:33 AM
2011 56th District Champs

Liked 693 Times in 546 Posts
LeeCoUKFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LeeCoUKFan Send a message via Yahoo to LeeCoUKFan Send a message via Skype™ to LeeCoUKFan
I will be rooting for the boys from Log Mountain, but I still don't think they have enough to get over the hump. I do think this will be a slightly closer game. Here's hoping the zebras stay out of it!

Corbin - 35

Bell County - 21

LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
bcpc (11-12-2018)
Send a private message to LeeCoUKFan Add LeeCoUKFan to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Head Coach
I think youíre pretty close with Estep. Still not 100% health though I donít believe. But no I donít tbink he should have played in some of those games. But Iím not the coach either and donít have the insight they do being with him everyday. But I see why he played against bell. We needed the home field throughout the Playoffs.

But you asked a question Iíve been wondering myself. Bell canít stop our power run. It was evident. Now will we go with it all game and keep our playbook pretty close to us for next week? Will bell prepare for our run in anticipation we are going to roll that way? I donít know? But I tbink itís kind of a double edged sword for them. If you bring everyone up to play our power run then weíll burn you deep all night. No doubt about it. Or do you play back and give up the 7 and 8 yd runs all night? Itís a problem for them. They could just line up according to our personnel, but that leads to a lot of mistakes and you only have a short time to do it with our offense. Plus, haddix is a mastermind at disguising plays. Personally Iím not worried about our offense. Iím just wondering how we take their big plays out? A bell poster said they didnít use- Frazier I tbink is his name- a lot. But still not to worried. I am worried though, that when we bust up their play, or have everyone covered, how do we contain their QB? On those plays? A lot of their scores came on those.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:52 AM
2nd String
Liked 206 Times in 149 Posts
Bossdaddy 4115 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
I think youíre pretty close with Estep. Still not 100% health though I donít believe. But no I donít tbink he should have played in some of those games. But Iím not the coach either and donít have the insight they do being with him everyday. But I see why he played against bell. We needed the home field throughout the Playoffs.

But you asked a question Iíve been wondering myself. Bell canít stop our power run. It was evident. Now will we go with it all game and keep our playbook pretty close to us for next week? Will bell prepare for our run in anticipation we are going to roll that way? I donít know? But I tbink itís kind of a double edged sword for them. If you bring everyone up to play our power run then weíll burn you deep all night. No doubt about it. Or do you play back and give up the 7 and 8 yd runs all night? Itís a problem for them. They could just line up according to our personnel, but that leads to a lot of mistakes and you only have a short time to do it with our offense. Plus, haddix is a mastermind at disguising plays. Personally Iím not worried about our offense. Iím just wondering how we take their big plays out? A bell poster said they didnít use- Frazier I tbink is his name- a lot. But still not to worried. I am worried though, that when we bust up their play, or have everyone covered, how do we contain their QB? On those plays? A lot of their scores came on those.
25 will have him covered
Send a private message to Bossdaddy 4115 Add Bossdaddy 4115 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2018, 05:09 AM
Suspended
Liked 124 Times in 95 Posts
chs crazy is on a distinguished road
Rumors are that ole Dud will be packing his bags for a move to Williamsburg after this one.
Great Iíll have to buy a cat and put out rat poison around the house, usually happy to see him leave Bell Co but heís always moved away not closer
Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Starter
Liked 209 Times in 140 Posts
WhyLie is on a distinguished road
Our top season goal was to beat Corbin in this game. It will be a difficult task, however that is why we play. Corbin says we will not see the same Corbin team and I can promise you the same from Bell, you will not see the same Bell team. Going to be fun to watch. Is it Friday yet?

On another note , Dudley will not leave Bell for Whitley or anyone. His mind set is winning games. With his schedule (which I donít like) and the realignment he is right where he wants to be. Putting up wins. So donít waste anyoneís time posting he is even interested in those jobs.
Send a private message to WhyLie Add WhyLie to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2018, 09:31 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by WhyLie View Post
Our top season goal was to beat Corbin in this game. It will be a difficult task, however that is why we play. Corbin says we will not see the same Corbin team and I can promise you the same from Bell, you will not see the same Bell team. Going to be fun to watch. Is it Friday yet?

On another note , Dudley will not leave Bell for Whitley or anyone. His mind set is winning games. With his schedule (which I donít like) and the realignment he is right where he wants to be. Putting up wins. So donít waste anyoneís time posting he is even interested in those jobs.
Dudley won't coach much longer, but will likely end his coaching career in Southeastern Kentucky
Old 11-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Head Coach

Liked 1,099 Times in 777 Posts
Demarcus ware is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WhyLie View Post

Dudley likes money. Make no mistake about it, if money comes hollering he will answer.
Send a private message to Demarcus ware Add Demarcus ware to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2018, 09:55 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Demarcus ware View Post
Dudley likes money. Make no mistake about it, if money comes hollering he will answer.
That's for sure. I would never say never when it comes to Dudley.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:13 AM
Scout Team
Liked 101 Times in 81 Posts
ArJay is on a distinguished road
This game is hard to predict. In the last game had Bell played mistake-free football and Corbin played like they did the game would have been a lot closer and bell may have won. If Corbin had played mistake-free football and Bell played like they did the game would have been a lot worse. But I believe Bell has continued to improve in certain areas and I'm sure Corbin has to. The only thing that will shock me is if the game isn't fairly close.
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2018, 11:27 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by ArJay View Post
This game is hard to predict. In the last game had Bell played mistake-free football and Corbin played like they did the game would have been a lot closer and bell may have won. If Corbin had played mistake-free football and Bell played like they did the game would have been a lot worse. But I believe Bell has continued to improve in certain areas and I'm sure Corbin has to. The only thing that will shock me is if the game isn't fairly close.
I't hard to bet against Dudley in the playoffs, but I expect Corbin to win this one.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
STIFFY is on a distinguished road
Bell 28 Corbin 24. Hoping for a game worth watching instead of the undisciplined game we saw from both teams last time around
Send a private message to STIFFY Add STIFFY to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Statistician
Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts
FootballFan1999 is on a distinguished road
People keep saying this isn't the same Bell team as before.. I agree.. I think Bell may have gotten slightly worse. Breathitt moved the ball all first half, so did Estill. And those teams are both awful. Breathitt is a snap over the QB's head from going up 14-0 on Bell. I'm sure Corbin gets Bell's best Friday, but I don't think Bell has gotten better.
Send a private message to FootballFan1999 Add FootballFan1999 to Your Contacts Top of page
Closed Thread

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football