Rate This Thread - Whitley County Coaching Search.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
blueandgreen is on a distinguished road
Perfect example of why no one likes Corbin a coaching vacancy comes open all the corbin clowns are trying to tell that school system who they should hire and how to start running their teams. Maybe just maybe if the kids were left alone and attended the school in the district they are supposed to be in then the surrounding schools could have really good teams also. It took hiring some guy away from corbin to help them start winning again 1980 is a long time ago, a really long time ago they've been no different than every other school close by till recently
Send a private message to blueandgreen Add blueandgreen to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:01 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Skipbaylessjr is on a distinguished road
When was the last time North Laurel won a state title in football? A region title? Oh yeah thatís right I guess they havenít.
Send a private message to Skipbaylessjr Add Skipbaylessjr to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:59 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
HardToBeat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blueandgreen View Post
Perfect example of why no one likes Corbin a coaching vacancy comes open all the corbin clowns are trying to tell that school system who they should hire and how to start running their teams. Maybe just maybe if the kids were left alone and attended the school in the district they are supposed to be in then the surrounding schools could have really good teams also. It took hiring some guy away from corbin to help them start winning again 1980 is a long time ago, a really long time ago they've been no different than every other school close by till recently
True
Send a private message to HardToBeat Add HardToBeat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:06 PM
Statistician
Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts
FootballFan1999 is on a distinguished road
Yeah I wouldn't listen to a team that has had success either, they obviously have no idea what they're talking about.
Send a private message to FootballFan1999 Add FootballFan1999 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:28 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,690 Times in 2,902 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by FootballFan1999 View Post
Yeah I wouldn't listen to a team that has had success either, they obviously have no idea what they're talking about.
Especially when they have success because they have your players.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:01 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 123 Times in 85 Posts
The Spread is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Have a program that's worth playing for and your kids won't leave.

OR play the political game watch your kids play elsewhere while fans complain about it on a message board. 😎
Send a private message to The Spread Add The Spread to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:13 PM
Statistician
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
2face is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Spread View Post
Have a program that's worth playing for and your kids won't leave.

OR play the political game watch your kids play elsewhere while fans complain about it on a message board. 😎
most programs dont have the free benifit of jobs, housing, tuition free, etc to offer like corbutt
Send a private message to 2face Add 2face to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:31 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by 2face View Post
most programs dont have the free benifit of jobs, housing, tuition free, etc to offer like corbutt
You said something half way smart again
Old 11-14-2018, 03:37 PM
Statistician
You think Whitley doesn't have kids capable of winning games on their team right now?
Send a private message to FootballFan1999 Add FootballFan1999 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:42 PM
Statistician
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
2face is on a distinguished road
If Whitley played corbutts district schedule and region Than Iíd say they have just as much success
Send a private message to 2face Add 2face to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:48 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

You think Whitley doesn't have kids capable of winning games on their team right now?
I know they do. They'd have a lot more if they had the right leadership.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:04 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 32 Times in 22 Posts
Running Back is on a distinguished road
Just like to add I am a bell fan and have been for years. Been a backer and supporter had my own kid gone through the program. Donít always agree with everything that happens but I support the kids and the program. Had specific contact with many in the program over time. Wayne Mills is a outstanding person and coach. I watched my own kid have interaction with him and others over his years of assistant and head coach at Bell. Iíd say that was 10 or 12 years anyway. He is a big believer and driver in the weight room. My boy loved him as a coach and still does to this day. I have all the respect for him and his coaching abilities. People will always have their own opinions but mine are from years of knowing him. Whitley or any other program would benefit in making the hire if it comes to that if he even wants the job. I know he has a son playing there at Corbin for him now.
Send a private message to Running Back Add Running Back to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:07 PM
Starter
Liked 324 Times in 221 Posts
Iam4thecats is on a distinguished road
I don't think he wants to move again, but I know a guy who would take Whitley to heights they have never been. Paul Rains.
Send a private message to Iam4thecats Add Iam4thecats to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Starter
Liked 450 Times in 287 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
So, when Whitley County ďstealsĒ your coach in a month or so are you gonna troll threads looking to spew hate against them? Biggest rumor Iíve heard is that Larkey is gonna be the guy at Whitley. Heíll be a perfect fit. He plays kids based on their last name then complains when the players leave.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:31 PM
Starter
Liked 450 Times in 287 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 2face View Post
If Whitley played corbutts district schedule and region Than Iíd say they have just as much success
Yeah, but they wouldnít. The team that came second in our district ran the clock on Whitley.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:30 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Skipbaylessjr is on a distinguished road
Making that hire would put them in the same place as their last coach. Plus donít kid yourself, Larkey wants no part of playing Corbin once a year.
Send a private message to Skipbaylessjr Add Skipbaylessjr to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:35 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Running Back View Post
Just like to add I am a bell fan and have been for years. Been a backer and supporter had my own kid gone through the program. Donít always agree with everything that happens but I support the kids and the program. Had specific contact with many in the program over time. Wayne Mills is a outstanding person and coach. I watched my own kid have interaction with him and others over his years of assistant and head coach at Bell. Iíd say that was 10 or 12 years anyway. He is a big believer and driver in the weight room. My boy loved him as a coach and still does to this day. I have all the respect for him and his coaching abilities. People will always have their own opinions but mine are from years of knowing him. Whitley or any other program would benefit in making the hire if it comes to that if he even wants the job. I know he has a son playing there at Corbin for him now.
He wants the job but they don't want him.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:36 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
I don't think he wants to move again, but I know a guy who would take Whitley to heights they have never been. Paul Rains.
What is he doing now?
Old 11-14-2018, 05:37 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
So, when Whitley County ďstealsĒ your coach in a month or so are you gonna troll threads looking to spew hate against them? Biggest rumor Iíve heard is that Larkey is gonna be the guy at Whitley. Heíll be a perfect fit. He plays kids based on their last name then complains when the players leave.
Larkey will go to Corbin before he goes to Whitley.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:38 PM
RETIRED

Liked 8,018 Times in 5,549 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
Lolololol
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:41 PM
Head Coach
Liked 884 Times in 633 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Itís not stealing them when your middle school coaches get their plays off madden and the kids realize they are smarter than them. They figure out they have no chance before they get in HS. Hahaha.
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:50 PM
Suspended
Liked 124 Times in 95 Posts
chs crazy is on a distinguished road

Last edited by Strikeout King; 11-14-2018 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Not allowed
Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:13 PM
2nd String
Liked 357 Times in 191 Posts
cherokee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 64SUR View Post
I got a cousin in Texas and he is interested in the coaching job who do I contact Pjdoug

Hey 64 you guys stop by on the way back from Knoxville have not seen Rex in a long time we will knock down a few, hope he knows what he is applying for.
Send a private message to cherokee Add cherokee to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:27 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 4,075 Times in 2,989 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Hey 64 you guys stop by on the way back from Knoxville have not seen Rex in a long time we will knock down a few, hope he knows what he is applying for.
Waiting on the plane to land he will be glad to see you for sure. I will be driving him up north early tomorrow morning to Covington Catholic and back to the airport at 8.00 in Knoxville, He got a game in Austin Friday night He is applying on line for the Whitley job for a backup plan if it donít work out up north. We will be at youíre house around 7.30 tonight
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:28 PM
Statistician
I know they do. They'd have a lot more if they had the right leadership.
Thatís exactly what Iím saying. Kinda line the baseball hire at Whitley. Bring someone in whoís not tied into Whitley or has never been in anyway and watch good things happen. Whether thatís a coach currently at corbin, at any school surrounding. As long as he has no ties to Whitley.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:28 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWdoUY5IgrE
Old 11-14-2018, 07:45 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Thatís exactly what Iím saying. Kinda line the baseball hire at Whitley. Bring someone in whoís not tied into Whitley or has never been in anyway and watch good things happen. Whether thatís a coach currently at corbin, at any school surrounding. As long as he has no ties to Whitley.
I agreed with you until you said Corbin. lol...Go to Tennessee and get a coach
Old 11-14-2018, 08:19 PM
Starter
Liked 324 Times in 221 Posts
Iam4thecats is on a distinguished road
What is he doing now?
He has a house in Stamping Ground near Georgetown and didn't coach this year.
Send a private message to Iam4thecats Add Iam4thecats to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:30 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by 64SUR View Post
Waiting on the plane to land he will be glad to see you for sure. I will be driving him up north early tomorrow morning to Covington Catholic and back to the airport at 8.00 in Knoxville, He got a game in Austin Friday night He is applying on line for the Whitley job for a backup plan if it donít work out up north. We will be at youíre house around 7.30 tonight
I hope you can't drink beer because your nose is so long from telling lies.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:30 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
He has a house in Stamping Ground near Georgetown and didn't coach this year.
He is probably through coaching.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football