Rate This Thread - 13th region rumors..

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Suspended
Liked 132 Times in 90 Posts
Big Hammer is on a distinguished road
Hazards coach has one strength and that's the ability to get players from RWCombs. If he can't hold these players I think he might be dead in the water. Sorry to go off topic just thought someone on here might have info
Send a private message to Big Hammer Add Big Hammer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 04-16-2017, 12:12 PM
Scout Team
Liked 28 Times in 24 Posts
hchs fan is on a distinguished road
wow wow wow
Send a private message to hchs fan Add hchs fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:38 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 69 Times in 57 Posts
Olred is on a distinguished road
I'm closer to the rumors of the 13th but had heard that about Caudill to Leslie but I don't know that to be true or anything more than rumors. Most transfer rumors in the 13th rarely come true but it seems that the 14th has more action behind things so who knows.
Send a private message to Olred Add Olred to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:34 PM
Cheerleader
Who will be Corbin's new coach?
Send a private message to Olred Add Olred to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 321 Times in 252 Posts
ky playmaker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Olred View Post
Who will be Corbin's new coach?
Troy Lee Thomas
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 499 Times in 361 Posts
insideinfo is on a distinguished road
The rumor from the streets of Barbourville,is that Vermillon was more interested in being a best friend, than coaching. The problem with Knox is not the parents, they would be tickled to death with anyone that could show the program was moving in a positive way. For the life of me I don't know what they saw in any of the last three hires. They turned down coach jones the last three times. They turned down Steve Warren the last couple time and they turned down Roy Bowling the first time. Any of these would be an improvement. And how to you turn down a coach who has one a state championship. SMH
Send a private message to insideinfo Add insideinfo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:11 PM
Cheerleader
Insideinfo I agree with everything you said, but when you do hire someone I would think you give them more than a year. I didn't know about coach Jones as that would have been a very good hire in my opinion.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Cheerleader
Kyplaymaker, that would be karma for me. I said to many things when he was here!!!
Old 04-17-2017, 06:57 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 499 Times in 361 Posts
insideinfo is on a distinguished road
Insideinfo I agree with everything you said, but when you do hire someone I would think you give them more than a year. I didn't know about coach Jones as that would have been a very good hire in my opinion.
I agree 100%.
Send a private message to insideinfo Add insideinfo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:19 PM
MOD

Liked 7,450 Times in 5,155 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Looney parents are everywhere, but without an administration to appropriately run things the nuts begin to run the asylum. Vermillion can sometimes go a little far but she deserved time to see what she could have done. I just wonder how desperate someone must be to apply for this job now knowing how little support you get.
I would definitely steer clear from that job.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:23 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Coach03 is on a distinguished road
It has been said on here before but the main problem with Knox is the AD. I don't know how someone who has yet to make a successful hire has been able to keep that job that long. SMH
Send a private message to Coach03 Add Coach03 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Scout Team
Well
Send a private message to hchs fan Add hchs fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:23 AM
Scout Team
Liked 94 Times in 70 Posts
Bobcat4years is an unknown quantity at this point
Steve Warren would be a good hire!
He is a great man and loves kids. JMO
Send a private message to Bobcat4years Add Bobcat4years to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Statistician
Liked 49 Times in 39 Posts
jamesdeane is on a distinguished road
Here is what Knox Central's Coach Vermillion said per The Times Tribune.

"I am not what the players or parents want at this position, and I saw that,” Vermillion said in a statement. “I wish everyone the best and hope that they find someone to fit their desires as a head coach. I am unsure as to what the future holds for me, yet I am sure that I am retiring from the business of organizing and during time, energy and resources into a program just for someone to come in behind me and look like a superstar. “If the opportunity arises in a girls’ basketball program where the community is searching for a coach to help shape young athletes into better athletes, but more importantly, better students/ future citizens, then I will take it,” she added. “Until that point, I have a beautiful little girl, who is already enjoying Mommy being home more. God Bless everyone whom I was in contact with, for in the end, he is bigger than anything we humans can manifest.”

Last edited by jamesdeane; 04-20-2017 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Spelling
Send a private message to jamesdeane Add jamesdeane to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:19 PM
Scout Team
Wow
Old 04-20-2017, 08:45 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,230 Times in 1,720 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by insideinfo View Post
The rumor from the streets of Barbourville,is that Vermillon was more interested in being a best friend, than coaching. The problem with Knox is not the parents, they would be tickled to death with anyone that could show the program was moving in a positive way. For the life of me I don't know what they saw in any of the last three hires. They turned down coach jones the last three times. They turned down Steve Warren the last couple time and they turned down Roy Bowling the first time. Any of these would be an improvement. And how to you turn down a coach who has one a state championship. SMH
one ?
Old 04-21-2017, 10:47 AM
Statistician
Liked 39 Times in 34 Posts
JerryGarcia is on a distinguished road
Has Harlan Ind hired a coach? Thought maybe I had missed hearing this
Send a private message to JerryGarcia Add JerryGarcia to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:57 AM
MOD

RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jamesdeane View Post

"I am not what the players or parents want at this position, and I saw that,” Vermillion said in a statement. “I wish everyone the best and hope that they find someone to fit their desires as a head coach. I am unsure as to what the future holds for me, yet I am sure that I am retiring from the business of organizing and during time, energy and resources into a program just for someone to come in behind me and look like a superstar. “If the opportunity arises in a girls’ basketball program where the community is searching for a coach to help shape young athletes into better athletes, but more importantly, better students/ future citizens, then I will take it,” she added. “Until that point, I have a beautiful little girl, who is already enjoying Mommy being home more. God Bless everyone whom I was in contact with, for in the end, he is bigger than anything we humans can manifest.”
Haha good for her.
Kind of shined a light on the parent problem big time.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
dragon_slayer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JerryGarcia View Post
Has Harlan Ind hired a coach? Thought maybe I had missed hearing this
It is too quite there....someone is getting ready to get shafted.
Send a private message to dragon_slayer Add dragon_slayer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:31 PM
Scout Team
Lol no need get in big hurry to hire basketball coach
Old 04-22-2017, 12:40 PM
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Prime.Time is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jamesdeane View Post

Gained a lot of respect for her for being that open about things!
Send a private message to Prime.Time Add Prime.Time to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:05 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Coach03 is on a distinguished road
It is all to quite... Someone needs to make a hire.
Send a private message to Coach03 Add Coach03 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:36 AM
Scout Team
they probally wont be no hires anytime soon I don't thank I can be surprised
Old 04-26-2017, 09:42 PM
Scout Team
Any hires or rumors of hiring or anything going on in 13th region
Old 04-26-2017, 11:10 PM
Statistician
Liked 29 Times in 21 Posts
Megget is on a distinguished road
I have known coach Vermillion for a few years now and I will say she is a great person and I really believe she will be a great coach .She just needs to find the right school where politics are not a factor, probably not easy to find. Best of luck coach! !!
Send a private message to Megget Add Megget to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:12 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 321 Times in 252 Posts
ky playmaker is on a distinguished road
13th region just got a lot more interesting
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:08 PM
Scout Team
why is 13th region a lot more interesting now what going on what have you heard or been told that I don't know about
Old 05-22-2017, 07:13 PM
Statistician
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Maroons is an unknown quantity at this point
Macy Gibson was in uniform today. For South Laurel.
Send a private message to Maroons Add Maroons to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:20 PM
Scout Team
Where she from
Old 05-23-2017, 12:31 AM
MOD

Not sure who Wilson will hire as assistant at Corbin now. Maybe a former girls or boys player from around his era at Corbin?
I know the assistant he wanted was turned down by Corbin principal/super.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Girls Basketball