Rate This Thread - Bell County 2018.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 07-14-2018, 03:09 PM
HCS HCS is offline
Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 100
Liked 211 Times in 167 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Default
Harlan County lost 19 of 22 starters - sounds like they should just forfeit to Bell...
Likes: (1)
BellCo18 (07-14-2018)
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #62  
Old 07-14-2018, 04:04 PM
jamesdeane jamesdeane is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 276
Likes: 2
Liked 81 Times in 58 Posts
jamesdeane is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
I dont know who their non-conference games are, so maybe plausible if its a weaker schedule.. I've heard it is, but I haven't seen it so I wont speculate. But I'd almost 100% guarantee they'll lose to Corbin and probably Casey (I think its @ casey this year) in district play. It was a shoot out last year between bell and Casey and I believe it was at bell. Casey has steadily improved every year, while I don't know what they lost or gained, I still believe it will be a tough game for bell driving all that way to play there. Plus, just as Bell "is getting better" so is Coach Stonebreaker and Casey. That man has done the impossible over there. So 8-2 in the reg season isn't that far off if its a weak schedule. They still wont make it out of the 2nd round, which im pretty sure is way below the standards of the old days......
Bell's 2018 Schedule
Aug 17, 18 Middlesboro away 7:30 PM
Aug 24, 18 Letcher County Central away 7:30 PM
Aug 31, 18 Pike County Central home 7:30 PM
Sep 14, 18 Whitley County home 7:30 PM
Sep 21, 18 McCreary Central home 7:30 PM
Sep 28, 18 Casey County away 7:30 PM
Oct 5, 18 Clay County home 7:30 PM
Oct 12, 18 Corbin away 7:30 PM
Oct 19, 18 Jackson County home 7:30 PM
Oct 26, 18 Harlan County away 7:30 PM
Likes: (1)
BellCo18 (07-14-2018)
Send a private message to jamesdeane Add jamesdeane to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-14-2018, 06:05 PM
BellCo18 BellCo18 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 172
Likes: 103
Liked 44 Times in 31 Posts
BellCo18 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by jamesdeane View Post
Bell's 2018 Schedule
Aug 17, 18 Middlesboro away 7:30 PM
Aug 24, 18 Letcher County Central away 7:30 PM
Aug 31, 18 Pike County Central home 7:30 PM
Sep 14, 18 Whitley County home 7:30 PM
Sep 21, 18 McCreary Central home 7:30 PM
Sep 28, 18 Casey County away 7:30 PM
Oct 5, 18 Clay County home 7:30 PM
Oct 12, 18 Corbin away 7:30 PM
Oct 19, 18 Jackson County home 7:30 PM
Oct 26, 18 Harlan County away 7:30 PM
Very winnable schedule. Casey and Corbin will be the 2 hardest opponents and will be on the road.
Send a private message to BellCo18 Add BellCo18 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-14-2018, 08:35 PM
HCS HCS is offline
Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 100
Liked 211 Times in 167 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Default
You may be right since both are rebuilding, but I'd be surprised to see Casey County ahead of Whitley County and Harlan County.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-14-2018, 11:13 PM
Bobcat4years Bobcat4years is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 722
Likes: 40
Liked 144 Times in 103 Posts
Bobcat4years is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
We will be undefeated going into Oct 12th.. Mark it Down!!!
Likes: (3)
BellCo18 (07-15-2018), BellCOUNTYfaithfull (07-16-2018), DarthVader (07-16-2018)
Send a private message to Bobcat4years Add Bobcat4years to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-16-2018, 05:07 PM
bcpc bcpc is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 820
Likes: 216
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts
bcpc is on a distinguished road
Default
Who is your loss to?
Send a private message to bcpc Add bcpc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-16-2018, 05:36 PM
DarthVader's Avatar
DarthVader DarthVader is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 324
Likes: 103
Liked 115 Times in 77 Posts
DarthVader is on a distinguished road
Default
It will take every X, every O, every Jimmy, and every Joe for the Hounds to get past The Cats!

In all honesty, The Dud has a fairly easy schedule up until the Corbin game, his kids will come in extremely confident and ready to go. Anyone that thinks Corbin will simply walk all over Bell County this year may be in for a surprise. If he can control the ball, it could be a game.
Send a private message to DarthVader Add DarthVader to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-16-2018, 07:30 PM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is offline
Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,114
Likes: 142
Liked 432 Times in 277 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
It will take every X, every O, every Jimmy, and every Joe for the Hounds to get past The Cats!

In all honesty, The Dud has a fairly easy schedule up until the Corbin game, his kids will come in extremely confident and ready to go. Anyone that thinks Corbin will simply walk all over Bell County this year may be in for a surprise. If he can control the ball, it could be a game.

I expect to see improvement, but the game will never be in doubt. Corbin wins by 28 plus, possibly still a running clock.
Likes: (2)
chs crazy (07-16-2018), Hatz (07-16-2018)
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-16-2018, 09:54 PM
chs crazy chs crazy is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 484
Likes: 140
Liked 124 Times in 95 Posts
chs crazy is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
It will take every X, every O, every Jimmy, and every Joe for the Hounds to get past The Cats!

In all honesty, The Dud has a fairly easy schedule up until the Corbin game, his kids will come in extremely confident and ready to go. Anyone that thinks Corbin will simply walk all over Bell County this year may be in for a surprise. If he can control the ball, it could be a game.
Get this through your head that large pay check he gets isnít indicative of the season your gonna have. As far as playing Corbin I wouldnít be making any large bets with that line of reasoning unless your getting a large point spread like 50!!
Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-16-2018, 10:16 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,267
Likes: 7,439
Liked 3,482 Times in 2,738 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
I dont know who their non-conference games are, so maybe plausible if its a weaker schedule.. I've heard it is, but I haven't seen it so I wont speculate. But I'd almost 100% guarantee they'll lose to Corbin and probably Casey (I think its @ casey this year) in district play. It was a shoot out last year between bell and Casey and I believe it was at bell. Casey has steadily improved every year, while I don't know what they lost or gained, I still believe it will be a tough game for bell driving all that way to play there. Plus, just as Bell "is getting better" so is Coach Stonebreaker and Casey. That man has done the impossible over there. So 8-2 in the reg season isn't that far off if its a weak schedule. They still wont make it out of the 2nd round, which im pretty sure is way below the standards of the old days......
Don't cry like a little girl when Dudley spanks you. lol
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-16-2018, 10:18 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,267
Likes: 7,439
Liked 3,482 Times in 2,738 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by BellCo18 View Post
Whitley Co lost Coach Frazier. That team won't be the same this year.

__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-16-2018, 10:21 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,267
Likes: 7,439
Liked 3,482 Times in 2,738 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by HCS View Post
You may be right since both are rebuilding, but I'd be surprised to see Casey County ahead of Whitley County and Harlan County.
I would too.
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-16-2018, 10:23 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,267
Likes: 7,439
Liked 3,482 Times in 2,738 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
I expect to see improvement, but the game will never be in doubt. Corbin wins by 28 plus, possibly still a running clock.
not gonna happen. remember I said so.
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-17-2018, 12:27 AM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is offline
Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,114
Likes: 142
Liked 432 Times in 277 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
not gonna happen. remember I said so.
Iíll put it this way. The Corbin/Bell points spread will be bigger than the Corbin/Whitley points spread. Corbin will win both.
Likes: (1)
chs crazy (07-17-2018)
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-17-2018, 12:38 AM
chs crazy chs crazy is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 484
Likes: 140
Liked 124 Times in 95 Posts
chs crazy is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
Iíll put it this way. The Corbin/Bell points spread will be bigger than the Corbin/Whitley points spread. Corbin will win both.
Bbbbbbut the Dudís been back a whole year now
Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-17-2018, 12:41 AM
chs crazy chs crazy is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 484
Likes: 140
Liked 124 Times in 95 Posts
chs crazy is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Still got that Red and Gray T-shirt waiting on you Dougie
Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-17-2018, 02:09 AM
Do-double-gg's Avatar
Do-double-gg Do-double-gg is offline
Head Coach

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lawrence County-Louisa
Posts: 3,126
Likes: 1,081
Liked 874 Times in 630 Posts
Do-double-gg is on a distinguished road
Default
One huge thing people always over look and underestimate with situations like this and a coach with the reputation and resume like he has is new talent. When you have a coach who is a proven winner and has championship rings on his finger kids and their parents will want to follow him. They know that a coach like him and the program he runs he will get the best possible out of their kid. I'm sure there is a ton of Bell alumni living in surrounding counties and even in north eastern Tennessee and even probably western Virginia who will jump at the chance for their kid to play for him. With a coach like this every year people make heir predictions but then get surprised by the new talent. A team coached by someone like him can improve and rebound faster then the average team.Don't be surprised if Bell shocks some people this year.
Send a private message to Do-double-gg Add Do-double-gg to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-17-2018, 09:07 AM
Granny Bear's Avatar
Granny Bear Granny Bear is offline
BGR Staff



Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: "In the deep dark hills....."
Posts: 16,978
Likes: 6,906
Liked 6,008 Times in 3,808 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default
I agree!! I look for Bell to make a mark this season; not sure about the Corbin game. That will be a good one to watch.

Where have you been?????
__________________
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-17-2018, 09:42 AM
E's Army E's Army is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17,061
Likes: 517
Liked 2,711 Times in 1,953 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Default
If Dudley has any magic left Bell should win at least 8 in the regular season.
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-17-2018, 10:30 AM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,267
Likes: 7,439
Liked 3,482 Times in 2,738 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
Iíll put it this way. The Corbin/Bell points spread will be bigger than the Corbin/Whitley points spread. Corbin will win both.
When Corbin wins Whitley County wins. Corbin won't put a running clock on Bell County.
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 07-17-2018, 10:32 AM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,267
Likes: 7,439
Liked 3,482 Times in 2,738 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by chs crazy View Post
Bbbbbbut the Dudís been back a whole year now
That's long enough to recruit players just like your coach did.
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-17-2018, 10:33 AM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,267
Likes: 7,439
Liked 3,482 Times in 2,738 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by chs crazy View Post
Still got that Red and Gray T-shirt waiting on you Dougie
You'll be waiting for a very long time
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 AM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,267
Likes: 7,439
Liked 3,482 Times in 2,738 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by E's Army View Post
If Dudley has any magic left Bell should win at least 8 in the regular season.
I think they will win at least 8.
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-17-2018, 12:23 PM
chs crazy chs crazy is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 484
Likes: 140
Liked 124 Times in 95 Posts
chs crazy is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Do-double-gg View Post
One huge thing people always over look and underestimate with situations like this and a coach with the reputation and resume like he has is new talent. When you have a coach who is a proven winner and has championship rings on his finger kids and their parents will want to follow him. They know that a coach like him and the program he runs he will get the best possible out of their kid. I'm sure there is a ton of Bell alumni living in surrounding counties and even in north eastern Tennessee and even probably western Virginia who will jump at the chance for their kid to play for him. With a coach like this every year people make heir predictions but then get surprised by the new talent. A team coached by someone like him can improve and rebound faster then the average team.Don't be surprised if Bell shocks some people this year.
Your overlooking the fact that the area and areas around it has changed since Dud was last there. Harlan has its own high school that is doing very well and has a quality coach, won a regional championship last year. Knox Central has slowly but steadily built a decent program. Just donít see kids leaving those areas for him like they used to. Time will tell and thatís the point not sure heís gonna invest enough time to bring it back, from everything Iíve heard this year and next the heís done!
Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-17-2018, 12:25 PM
chs crazy chs crazy is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 484
Likes: 140
Liked 124 Times in 95 Posts
chs crazy is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Corbin won't put a running clock on Bell County.
Prolly not then again itís wouldnít surprise me either
Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-17-2018, 12:26 PM
chs crazy chs crazy is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 484
Likes: 140
Liked 124 Times in 95 Posts
chs crazy is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
That's long enough to recruit players just like your coach did.

Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-17-2018, 12:28 PM
chs crazy chs crazy is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 484
Likes: 140
Liked 124 Times in 95 Posts
chs crazy is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
You'll be waiting for a very long time
I can wait
Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 07-17-2018, 02:00 PM
ArJay ArJay is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 536
Likes: 11
Liked 100 Times in 80 Posts
ArJay is on a distinguished road
Default
A lot of people are hoping Bell won't come back to the top of the mountain, but its coming fellas. The Ole Man can coach. The team looked good yesterday morning. Bigger, stronger, faster than last year. I don't think we are there yet, but we are making leaps not steps forward.
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 07-17-2018, 06:21 PM
bcpc bcpc is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 820
Likes: 216
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts
bcpc is on a distinguished road
Default
Schedule Corbin next year..... Donít tuck your tail and run. Thatís all I gotta say about that.... Itís funny to me with a schedule like yíall got the next 2 years that you are already on the top!! Quit making yourself look like a big hound dog... Yíall kittens.... The Haddix Hounds own Bell... 0 losses.
Send a private message to bcpc Add bcpc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 07-17-2018, 06:27 PM
bcpc bcpc is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 820
Likes: 216
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts
bcpc is on a distinguished road
Default
Since ol dud is scared to play, I predict that Haddix will be the only coach in history to win Every single game against him. Put that on your fingers and strut around awhile... .000
Send a private message to bcpc Add bcpc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.