Rate This Thread - The Word "Dixie" Removed From Dolly's Dixie Stampede.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:42 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,180 Times in 810 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default The Word "Dixie" Removed From Dolly's Dixie Stampede
DIXIE REMOVED FROM PIGEON FORGE!
POSTED: 09 JAN , 2018
Shocking news hit Pigeon Forge this week from Dolly Parton’s World Choice Investments LLC, which operates the numerous attractions and shows that contain Dolly’s name. They announced that they are dropping the word “Dixie” from their most popular dinner show, Dixie Stampede! It will now just be known as “Dolly Parton’s Stampede.”

World Choice Investments LLC put out a press release attempting to explain the namechange by stating that it is due to the expansion of their shows and to “remove any confusion or concerns about our shows and will help our efforts to expand into new cities.”

There have been no changes to the actual show mentioned yet, but their press release stats “the production team is hard at work updating the existing shows for 2018.”

They have already removed Dixie from their website address as it is now https://dpstampede.com. Their logo and everything else has been updated as well to reflect the new name. The Dixie Belle Saloon has been changed to “Saloon” and the “Dixie Belles” are now just referred to as “Belles”. They have literally removed every reference to “Dixie” throughout their new website. Even the show information doesn’t mention anything about competition between the North & South (just refers to a “Main Event”) or anything in reference to Dixie or the Civil War. We’ll have to wait until they reopen for the season on January 19 to see what changes have been made to the show.

“Dixie” is history.

http://www.pigeonforgetnguide.com/ne...-pigeon-forge/
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:42 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 347 Times in 245 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Better rename Dixie Highway then.
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:59 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
Better rename Dixie Highway then.
I'm sure that one is coming too. I think we should eliminate the word "south" from our vocabulary as well.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 121 Times in 96 Posts
TheHotSnakes is on a distinguished road
I've never understood the appeal of that. It's average food and an average show.

Granted it's been several years since I have been there, but the only thing I remember being good was the soup (potato maybe?) but that's it. Maybe that's just not my jam, but I don't understand why people flock to it.
Send a private message to TheHotSnakes Add TheHotSnakes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:43 PM

Liked 867 Times in 681 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
As a young man, I can only imagine how the world will look when I’m in my 50s.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 121 Times in 96 Posts
TheHotSnakes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spud6 View Post
As a young man, I can only imagine how the world will look when I’m in my 50s.
I hope for flying cars.

And lots of robots.
Spud6 (01-11-2018)
Send a private message to TheHotSnakes Add TheHotSnakes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Liked 867 Times in 681 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TheHotSnakes View Post
I hope for flying cars.

And lots of robots.
Idk about the robots. But I had a class where we talked about how AI taking over the industry and taking away work from everyone else. Scary to think about honestly.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » General Discussions