Rate This Thread - Cameron Turner to PCC.....

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:06 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
catsrule is on a distinguished road
Default Cameron Turner to PCC....
Heard a rumor that Jackson City's Cam Turner has now enrolled at PCC. Any truth to it?
Send a private message to catsrule Add catsrule to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
RaisedByBlue is on a distinguished road
Kind of difficult to find truth in this considering his father is the baseball coach at Jackson City. But, I wouldn't doubt it a bit. The kid is one of the top 5 players in the region. He's just overlooked because of where he plays. The move would make the rich even richer at PCC. He would add another Arm to their rotation with Cottongame, Fields, Dixon, and Couch among others. If this is true, that puts them in the driver's seat.
Send a private message to RaisedByBlue Add RaisedByBlue to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 731 Times in 555 Posts
bac2369 is on a distinguished road
Turner resigned at Jackson city months ago...
Send a private message to bac2369 Add bac2369 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Starter
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Bluecat is on a distinguished road
Rumor is true
Send a private message to Bluecat Add Bluecat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:19 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well, looks like the Turners are chasing a region championship. Canít say I blame them. Does this put Perry at the top as the odds on favorite?
Send a private message to RaisedByBlue Add RaisedByBlue to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:31 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
blueandgreen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RaisedByBlue View Post
Well, looks like the Turners are chasing a region championship. Canít say I blame them. Does this put Perry at the top as the odds on favorite?
Honestly as bad as it hurts to admit it most likely gonna be between Perry and Knox, North has just lost to much our of our pitching rotation but I hope I'm wrong, good luck I'm ready to pllllllllaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy ball.
Send a private message to blueandgreen Add blueandgreen to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:05 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 60 Times in 46 Posts
Easy Wind is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blueandgreen View Post
Honestly as bad as it hurts to admit it most likely gonna be between Perry and Knox, North has just lost to much our of our pitching rotation but I hope I'm wrong, good luck I'm ready to pllllllllaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy ball.
Last time I checked, Perry and Knox were in different regions.

I would say it comes down to Perry and Hazard as usual. With Perry now having the slight advantage. But Hazard has had their number the last few years.
Send a private message to Easy Wind Add Easy Wind to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:15 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
CrosbyField is on a distinguished road
From outside your Region, thought Hazard looked pretty darn good for such a young team in the State Tournament last year.
Send a private message to CrosbyField Add CrosbyField to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Starter
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Bluecat is on a distinguished road
Who will be coaching Jackson now with Turner leaving?
Send a private message to Bluecat Add Bluecat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Starter
Liked 300 Times in 220 Posts
The_Rock is on a distinguished road
Head Coach - Derrick Turner
Assistants - Byron Bellamy, Micheal Bellamy, and Merv Combs.
Pitching Coach - Nate Hoskins
Send a private message to The_Rock Add The_Rock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
catsrule is on a distinguished road
Ken Duff will take over as head coach. Derrick Turner and Derek Goff being assistants.
Send a private message to catsrule Add catsrule to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Statistician
Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts
jumpshooter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jumpshooter
Honestly, I do not think this gives Perry a much better chance of winning the region. They were the favorite before the transfer and they are still the favorite, IMO. This addition does not put them that much further ahead than they already were.
Send a private message to jumpshooter Add jumpshooter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:41 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
StrictlyBusiness is on a distinguished road
I don't know how getting one of the top 5 players in the region for the last 3 years wouldn't make Perry better? Watched this kid shut out Estill out last year on their senior night at Estill and his team last year was basically him and his brother and then a bunch of middle schoolers. Just don't understand how you could get that, I do think that Perry is the favorite, but I think the addition of him put them over the edge.
Send a private message to StrictlyBusiness Add StrictlyBusiness to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:34 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This just puts another Horse in the stable. He basically replaces Conley in the lineup. Probably doesn't have quite the bat or the swing as Conley had but he fills the void and role that Conley played on last season's regional runner up team.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:44 AM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RaisedByBlue View Post
This just puts another Horse in the stable. He basically replaces Conley in the lineup. Probably doesn't have quite the bat or the swing as Conley had but he fills the void and role that Conley played on last season's regional runner up team.
I think he might be better in the field than Conley was
Send a private message to StrictlyBusiness Add StrictlyBusiness to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Statistician
Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts
jumpshooter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jumpshooter
Originally Posted by StrictlyBusiness View Post
I don't know how getting one of the top 5 players in the region for the last 3 years wouldn't make Perry better? Watched this kid shut out Estill out last year on their senior night at Estill and his team last year was basically him and his brother and then a bunch of middle schoolers. Just don't understand how you could get that, I do think that Perry is the favorite, but I think the addition of him put them over the edge.
Vested interest much? Is the kid a good player? yeah, he is solid, but he is not going to give PCC an advantage that they did not already have.
Send a private message to jumpshooter Add jumpshooter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:14 PM
Scout Team
Liked 97 Times in 71 Posts
Bulldogs4Ever is on a distinguished road
Anytime you pick up a kid that has the tools as the Turner kid you are gonna improve as a team. Sounds like someones butt hurt or jealous of the kid.
Send a private message to Bulldogs4Ever Add Bulldogs4Ever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:32 AM
Starter
Liked 319 Times in 235 Posts
baseball1974 is on a distinguished road
Who is Ken Duff?
Send a private message to baseball1974 Add baseball1974 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:48 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
He was one of Jackson's assistant coaches last year, has a kid on the team as well
Old 02-21-2018, 12:42 AM
Starter
Liked 319 Times in 235 Posts
baseball1974 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by StrictlyBusiness View Post
He was one of Jackson's assistant coaches last year, has a kid on the team as well
Has he ever coached before?
Send a private message to baseball1974 Add baseball1974 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Baseball