Rate This Thread - 13th Region Baseball.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:51 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Big Red Machine is on a distinguished road
Knox didn't look good last night at Clay, but you can see their potential. Clay finally showed a little fight last night. When Clay hits they can beat anyone in the region. They are like most teams in the region though, you never know which team is going to show up. I do feel like 6 or 7 teams could win the region this year. Its probably the most even it's been in a long time. North and South have been dominant so long it's nice to have several teams in the running for a regional title.
MHS Parent4Life (04-21-2017)
Send a private message to Big Red Machine Add Big Red Machine to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:01 AM
MOD

Liked 7,395 Times in 5,103 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by baller1989 View Post
I've never been a fan of Adams! But with your last comment, about finding coaches, I believe we are seeing that around the tri-county area too often. Schools hiring teachers and making them fill positions for extra curricular activities... instead of looking for a coach that just so happens has his teaching cert? it would require a little more work for the administration to seek those out but yet the sport would represent the school in a more positive manner and the school would benefit more in the long run when the sport is flourishing, but Adams has done what other coaches at Whitley have done in the past with talent and squashed it away? I guess, my question is that why does administration not see what the fans see? Why does the administration think that this is ok? It's not just Whitley... It is everywhere nowadays, so I'm not just taking hits on the Colonels, but it is like everything is ok for spring sports to suck, as long as Football is doing well all is good?
Thats exactly the problem and it's prevalent in a lot of schools in this region.
I've never been shy about it, on here or in person. Siler is not the right AD Whitley needs. Politics at play at its finest. And I just don't like adams as a man or coach. It is what it is.
If they want better results, it starts with themselves at whitley.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:50 PM
Statistician
Liked 43 Times in 20 Posts
rudedogky is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FlippedOut View Post
Bobcat4years you may be right, you posted on another thread Mboro would cancel game till Tyler was available. I was on the field last night and it was playable. We cancel it till today when we all knew it was going to rain today and tomorrow. Tyler can't pitch them all coach.
So tonight has been cancelled because apparently there are no umpires available.
Send a private message to rudedogky Add rudedogky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
FlippedOut is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MHS Parent4Life View Post
Guys, you're blowing it out of proportion. First off, not saying Middlesboro is great, but HC isn't even as good as in years past. What I mean is, Middlesboro has beaten much better HC teams with much less than Tyler McCullough. Matthew Mike pitched last year in the 9-0 victory.

Like another poster said, this game means very little in the scheme of things. Whether Middlesboro wins or loses, they will still face HC in the district finals with McCullough on the mound. This game is pretty meaningless. There is no reason for the Middlesboro staff to run from it. I do understand HC's desire not to face him though.
Looks like the coach doesn't share the same view as you do MHSparent
Send a private message to FlippedOut Add FlippedOut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:25 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 312 Times in 244 Posts
ky playmaker is on a distinguished road
North gets beat by south tonite at north. Plot thickens.
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Statistician
Liked 43 Times in 20 Posts
rudedogky is on a distinguished road
Ironically Pineville and Red Bird had had umpires
Send a private message to rudedogky Add rudedogky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by rudedogky View Post
Ironically Pineville and Red Bird had had umpires
It could have been played the date it was scheduled. I was on the field that night, so I don't have to take anyone's word. It was playable.
Send a private message to FlippedOut Add FlippedOut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM
Scout Team
Liked 83 Times in 63 Posts
MHS Parent4Life is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Red Machine View Post
Knox didn't look good last night at Clay, but you can see their potential. Clay finally showed a little fight last night. When Clay hits they can beat anyone in the region. They are like most teams in the region though, you never know which team is going to show up. I do feel like 6 or 7 teams could win the region this year. Its probably the most even it's been in a long time. North and South have been dominant so long it's nice to have several teams in the running for a regional title.
Clay is usually a pretty good fastball hitting team. They can usually get things rolling on occasion.
Send a private message to MHS Parent4Life Add MHS Parent4Life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Cheerleader
At the end of the day I think we will see same teams competing for the region title.
Old Today, 03:49 PM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Football_Maniac is on a distinguished road
As usual. Flipped Out (...not a Middlesboro Supporter-just a Middlesboro Bit(her) sharing more information than they know. Check around, find out why the game wasn't played. The original date had been moved and got moved about 3-4 times. First two not for weather. Keep stirring. MHS baseball is in fine shape. And will be for a while. Region Champs next year for sure. This year is a good possibility. Depends on seeding and draws. As it does every year. Some teams playing good ball right now but with the weather-not sure anyone can do much.
Send a private message to Football_Maniac Add Football_Maniac to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:31 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LCbballfan is on a distinguished road
I know there is a coach in London who someone interested in winning should hire.
Send a private message to LCbballfan Add LCbballfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:00 PM
Scout Team
Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts
hchs fan is on a distinguished road
Who is the coach
Send a private message to hchs fan Add hchs fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:03 PM
Statistician
Liked 50 Times in 42 Posts
ArJay is on a distinguished road
Them yellow jackets can play some baseball. That's what they hang their hat on over in the crater. Hats off to them.
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:12 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LCbballfan is on a distinguished road
The coach is Dickie Booth. He coaches at a small middle school. I know he played D1 and coached college as well. He does great work with a lot of the older boys in the off season.
Send a private message to LCbballfan Add LCbballfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:50 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Prime.Time is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LCbballfan View Post
The coach is Dickie Booth. He coaches at a small middle school. I know he played D1 and coached college as well. He does great work with a lot of the older boys in the off season.
Where did he play and who does he coach?
Send a private message to Prime.Time Add Prime.Time to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Baseball