Rate This Thread - Napping Morgue Employee Cremated Alive By Mistake.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 1,002 Times in 674 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default Napping Morgue Employee Cremated Alive By Mistake
By David Foster Last updated Dec 6, 2017

Macomb, Michigan | An employee of the Macomb County morgue died this morning, after being accidentally cremated by one of his coworkers.

According to the Macomb county medical examiner, 48-year old Henri Paul Johnson decided to take a nap on a stretcher after working for sixteen hours straight.

While he was sleeping, another employee mistook him for the corpse of a 52-year old car accident victim and carried him to the crematory.

Before anyone could notice the mistake, he had already been exposed to temperatures ranging between 1400 to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit and reduced to ashes.

Jenna Davis, one of Henri Johnsonís coworkers, says she heard him scream for about 15 seconds after the crematory was activated.

ďAt first, we didnít understand where the sound was coming from. When we realised what was happening, it was too late. We shut down the heating system, but he was already dead.Ē

Ms. Davis claims that the young coworker who caused the accident was a new employee, and had forgotten to check for the toe tag to make sure he had the right body.

The police has opened an investigation to determine the exact circumstances surrounding Mr Johnsonís death.

Investigators have not ruled out the possibility of filing criminal charges against the employee who caused his death.

The young man could possibly be accused of criminal negligence causing death.

http://www.abcnews-us.com/2017/12/05...-taking-a-nap/
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:33 PM
MOD

Liked 7,810 Times in 5,392 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
How is this even remotely possible. There are so many questions here
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:40 PM

Liked 811 Times in 638 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
I here a lawsuit and a fired employee, no pun intended.

This is just sad
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Scout Team
Liked 118 Times in 96 Posts
Motley is on a distinguished road
Fake story, fake news.
Send a private message to Motley Add Motley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:05 AM

Liked 811 Times in 638 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Motley View Post
Fake story, fake news.
I hope so. I would hope no company is this bad.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:30 AM
Hall of Fame

MACOMB COUNTY, Michigan -- The headline is a scorcher ó It claims a Macomb County morgue employee was accidentally cremated when he took a nap and was mistaken for the dead, CBS Detroit reports. Phone lines lit up Wednesday at the County Medical Examiner's Office and the prosecutor's office as employees tried to reassure everyone the report was all fake.

"We don't do cremations here at all Ö and nobody who works here has been cremated," said Denise Calhoun, a Macomb Medical Examiner office worker.

"Why would they write this? I just wish someone had better things to do with their time."

The report is on a website with an abc news graphic and URL, and it's written by a man identified as David Foster. Close observers will see the website URL for the story has -us.com at the end, which is different than the actual abcnews.go.com site.

An email to the real ABC News seeking comment was not immediately returned.

The fake story was circulating on Facebook. It said 48-year old Henri Paul Johnson decided to take a nap on a stretcher after working for 16 hours straight.

"While he was sleeping, another employee mistook him for the corpse of a 52-year old car accident victim and carried him to the crematory. Ms. Davis claims that the young coworker who caused the accident was a new employee, and had forgotten to check for the toe tag to make sure he had the right body."

The report says criminal charges are being considered.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michiga...-taking-a-nap/
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Hall of Fame

Motley is correct. Before I posted the story I looked at the website, and it had the ABC name and logo so, I thought it was legit. I was wrong.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Scout Team
Liked 118 Times in 96 Posts
Motley is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Westside View Post
Motley is correct. Before I posted the story I looked at the website, and it had the ABC name and logo so, I thought it was legit. I was wrong.
I read this story and kept telling myself there was no way it was true, and then I saw it on Snopes that it was circulating a while. Crazy how the fake news sites can look so real now.
Spud6 (12-08-2017), Westside (12-08-2017)
Send a private message to Motley Add Motley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:00 PM
MOD

Liked 7,810 Times in 5,392 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Lol, fake news strikes again
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » General Discussions