Rate This Thread - Pulaski County Football Rebuild or Relaod?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:32 PM
Statistician
Liked 28 Times in 26 Posts
jumperdogpete is on a distinguished road
Default Pulaski County Football Rebuild or Relaod?
Four straight state championship games -but how does losing 13 seniors effect them, thoughts? I think they will be fine , may take a few games but they still have talent.
Send a private message to jumperdogpete Add jumperdogpete to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Starter
Liked 577 Times in 331 Posts
papagrit is on a distinguished road
Pulaski County, in my own opinion and from watching them solely from 2008 to present, can go either way. I've watched some teams (since 2008) that were expected to go far not reach fan expectations, and some teams that less was expected from go farther than anyone expected except for the most rabid PC fan. I'd say they will be alright, but, for them to get on the big stage again this fall would be one of those years that they overachieve after losing so much good talent. If they make it again, good for them. The one thing they have benefited from at PC for the past decade with each team is the stability a sound head coach provides in Hines. I really don't know what to expect from them down there this year.
Send a private message to papagrit Add papagrit to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Water Boy
Liked 25 Times in 11 Posts
BJN0502 is on a distinguished road
I know in a previous thread I took an unwarranted shout at Pulaski and their success. It was based off of another poster not related to PC and out of frustration because of the perceived attack. However, that being said I believe PC will reload. I say this based on what they have returning at quarterback and at their skill positions, along with a very special lineman. PC has always had the size which leads me to believe their offensive line will be fine and with Wiley back at QB for his junior year, you have a seasoned vet. The Sloan kid is special in his own right already and with a season under his belt he will be that much better. Plus the experience of watching a young man like Jake Johnson work, he will have an idea of what is needed to be done to become great. I believe Pulaski will be a contender in 5a for years to come and look for them to reach Bowling Green from the east many more times to come. Not a snarky post I promise. A legit feeling.
Send a private message to BJN0502 Add BJN0502 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:12 AM
Water Boy
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
CowboyDad is on a distinguished road
Rebuild. Cain is a heck of a QB to build around but losing Johnson was a bigger blow than losing Hall under center a couple years and Maxey was a huge play maker on defense. Those two aren't the only weapons they had, but you had to have an answer for them.

Insanely, the "rebuild" year could easily be a year any program would want.
Send a private message to CowboyDad Add CowboyDad to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Mark_my_words is on a distinguished road
Only time will tell with this group of maroons. Many expected a big drop last season due to graduation, although last years team answered the bell and got better every week. Losing a once in a lifetime athlete like Johnson will hurt, but there is still a lot of talent on the team, as well as a VERY good freshman class upcoming. I have even heard rumors that several kids that didn't play last year are returning to football, the big one being Danny Butt. Pulaski will return to the top soon, with talented groups all the way down to the youth leagues.
Send a private message to Mark_my_words Add Mark_my_words to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:08 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
GoldenSpirit is on a distinguished road
That's going to be something to see. Not many teams can loose 13 players and still be a top contender.
Send a private message to GoldenSpirit Add GoldenSpirit to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:38 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 3,668 Times in 2,040 Posts
EKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really nice
As long as Hines is at Pulaski and their Middle School program is rocking and rolling they will continue to remain at a very high level.

I dont expect the run of Finals to continue, but they will be a Top 25 overall program in KY with their fair share of wins and deep playoff pushes.
adopted purple (03-30-2017)
Send a private message to EKUAlum05 Add EKUAlum05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:29 PM
Starter
Liked 89 Times in 80 Posts
hoghead is on a distinguished road
Great Program and Great Coach They reload. But there in a Class that the very hard to win in 5A
Send a private message to hoghead Add hoghead to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:07 PM
2011 56th District Champs

Liked 641 Times in 505 Posts
LeeCoUKFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LeeCoUKFan Send a message via Yahoo to LeeCoUKFan Send a message via Skype™ to LeeCoUKFan
It is definitely considered a rebuilding year, but with the work that is being put in at the middle school level and below, Pulaski is at the point now where they can practically just reload. They should still be good enough to make the Region Championship.

LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Send a private message to LeeCoUKFan Add LeeCoUKFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football