Rate This Thread - Middlesboro Job Open?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:17 PM
2nd String
Liked 184 Times in 122 Posts
WhyLie is on a distinguished road
Default Middlesboro Job Open?
Word out of Pineville is they have hired Middlesboro's coach Russell Thompson to a assistant principal's job. Can anyone from Middlesboro confirm.
Send a private message to WhyLie Add WhyLie to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 98 Times in 71 Posts
FlippedOut is on a distinguished road
It is official. It is hard when you lose a good coach, but even harder when you lose a good person and teacher as well. Best of luck to Coach. He will be hard to replace.
JacketFan4Life (07-19-2014)
Send a private message to FlippedOut Add FlippedOut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Head Coach
Liked 515 Times in 373 Posts
insideinfo is on a distinguished road
What's the deal at Middlesboro? Seems to me that everyone is either leaving or trying to leave.
Send a private message to insideinfo Add insideinfo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Cheerleader
We have lost some of the best teachers, students and student athletes. One word, "Leadership". Coach Thompson is a huge loss for our school and program.
Send a private message to FlippedOut Add FlippedOut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:05 AM
Statistician
Liked 73 Times in 53 Posts
Flicka is on a distinguished road
This school has about 3 months of a sports program left. FB will have this year to be competitive, after that, all sports including football will fall off the map at Middlesboro. I have never seen this many departures on both sides of the spectrum in a long time. (Adults and students) Middlesboro needs to rethink what is happening there.
Send a private message to Flicka Add Flicka to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:18 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 429 Times in 314 Posts
HDE is on a distinguished road
What athletes left, besides Green and Frazier?
Send a private message to HDE Add HDE to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:33 AM
Cheerleader
John Millet. BB player.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:44 PM
2nd String
Liked 175 Times in 135 Posts
Bobcats 9108 is on a distinguished road
Wow. What is in the water at the Boro?
Send a private message to Bobcats 9108 Add Bobcats 9108 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:00 AM
Water Boy
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
luvspugs is on a distinguished road
^^^The arrogance of that superintendent is what's up in the 'boro. He thinks he is the King of Middlesboro, but in the end, he will be proven the court gesture (AKA, the Fool).
Send a private message to luvspugs Add luvspugs to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:40 AM
Statistician
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
KyBoy24 is on a distinguished road
Any word on who may get the coaching job? Will it be in house or outside the district?
Send a private message to KyBoy24 Add KyBoy24 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:07 AM
2nd String
Originally Posted by KyBoy24 View Post
Any word on who may get the coaching job? Will it be in house or outside the district?
Who knows? I guess only the Super lol.
Send a private message to Bobcats 9108 Add Bobcats 9108 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:08 AM
Scout Team
Liked 96 Times in 74 Posts
MHS Parent4Life is on a distinguished road
Middlesboro athletics will be just fine. Very few of these departures were done so because of a dislike for MHS or the administration.

Debbie Green is from Harlan. Harlan County has great facilities. Her getting hired there was not a surprise. Yes losing her daughter was unfortunate but it was a given that she would leave to play for her mother. Likewise, it was a given the Elgie Green wouldn't coach against his wife and daughter. They are good people. Their character will be missed more than there coaching influence. Debbie had some good years about a decade ago but Elgie struggled to get Middlesboro over the hump. No doubt about it, the Green girl will be missed. She is a great player and a great student. But make no mistake, Middlesboro can and will move on. There is a great group of female athletes emerging in the system and I expect all female teams to see improvement this year.

In losing Russell Thompson, the system lost a solid teacher and a hard worker. Russell left to take a position in administration at his alma mater with the ability to direct the athletic program he was once a part of. On top of that, it will be for more pay. MHS is happy for Russell. He is getting what he has worked hard for. He did not leave to escape the "wrath" of the MHS administration or because he disliked being at MHS. It was an opportunity to return to his home and move up professionally.

As far as the athletes moving, like I said, the program is bigger than any single athlete. Middlesboro won many district and regional championships before Green, Millett, or Frazier.
JacketFan4Life (07-19-2014), RisingJackets (07-22-2014)
Send a private message to MHS Parent4Life Add MHS Parent4Life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:15 AM
2nd String
You are correct the program is bigger than any SINGLE athlete. But you named three and I hear more to come. Baseball will take the hardest hit. Millett and Frazier and now that Brock is playing football, you will not find anyone that thinks he can make it without surgery. Baseball loses him also, look out. There will be no district championships in any sport in that school for some time in the future. MHS you may think everything is good on the inside, but from out here it looks as if everyone is running for higher ground. If you think that Thompson left for that reason only, wake up man. Why do you think the Greens left? Wake up.
Send a private message to WhyLie Add WhyLie to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:33 AM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by WhyLie View Post
You are correct the program is bigger than any SINGLE athlete. But you named three and I hear more to come. Baseball will take the hardest hit. Millett and Frazier and now that Brock is playing football, you will not find anyone that thinks he can make it without surgery. Baseball loses him also, look out. There will be no district championships in any sport in that school for some time in the future. MHS you may think everything is good on the inside, but from out here it looks as if everyone is running for higher ground. If you think that Thompson left for that reason only, wake up man. Why do you think the Greens left? Wake up.
With the Greens, we really only lost the player. The coaches were mediocre for the past 10 years. As I stated early, people of good character, but not great coaches.

Millett has not withdrawn. He may very well do so, but he hasn't yet.

Frazier is a good kid. I don't want to say anything bad about him. If he isn't already throwing right now, he wouldn't have played catcher at Middlesboro next year. His arm was less than healthy (by a longshot) at the end of the year by his own admission. He never quite understood the necessity to rehab through specificity. I hope he has learned in that regard. He will be an asset to their football program though.

How much worse can Brock get hurt? It is my understanding that he already has a torn rotator cuff and a torn labrum. He played the entire baseball season with that. Obviously, I wish he would have had it repaired for recruiting purposes but the kid is a warrior. My understanding is if he gets injured early, he will still have plenty of time (he needs 5 months) to get back for baseball. Remember, even if he can barely throw, that matches what he was able to do this year. We had some kids with half the injury that Jake has that couldn't handle the pain and wouldn't dare gut through it like Jake has. I wish the best for him and I'd hope you would to. But I'm betting you're hoping for a injury so that you can get on the message boards and say "told you so".

I know the scuttle butt around Russell's departure. There were other things that aided his move. However, if you think he wouldn't have left a perfect teaching/coaching situation for administration/significantly higher pay at the high school in which he graduated from, then you need to wake up.

You've been trying to rock the boat at MHS for some time now. Doesn't it ever get old?
Send a private message to MHS Parent4Life Add MHS Parent4Life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:36 AM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by WhyLie View Post
Steve Ely came running to Middlesboro. Assistant Principal at BCHS and AD came running to sinking ship Middlesboro.

Let me guess, Bell didn't want him anyway? haha

He was only an administrator in the system for about 10 years. It took them that long to get him out.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:51 AM
2nd String
It nevers get old, but you guys are rocking enough of the boat by yourself. What happens to his shoulder, complete teat will include ligaments ect and 1 year rehab. My question to you is who is looking out for the best interest of the kid. He should have it fixed now for baseball. I would never wish for injury of a kid, Middlesboro is doing that with playing an injured kid.

I have talked to Thompson in the last couple days and you should if you want the answers.

As far as Frazier everyone here knows why he is here now, and without bringing up old wounds for the family we want to say thank you.

According to Milletts dad he is gone, period.

You can try to explain all this away, but these athletes would have helped your school and they have left.

PM for more info if you want it.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:03 AM
2nd String
Originally Posted by MHS Parent4Life View Post
Steve Ely came running to Middlesboro. Assistant Principal at BCHS and AD came running to sinking ship Middlesboro.

Let me guess, Bell didn't want him anyway? haha

He was only an administrator in the system for about 10 years. It took them that long to get him out.
Ealy is a good man and person we wished he would stay, but that is not the only Bell person you want to bring in to try to right the sinking ship. We can help but not all will go. Ealy will help but by himself can not fix it. LOL
Old 07-18-2014, 08:05 AM
2nd String
You are a stat guy,Keep the stats on the sports programs win/loses the next 3 years. Then get back to me.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Scout Team
Liked 120 Times in 86 Posts
Craze JACKET man is on a distinguished road
Millett would be a good hire for BB..
Send a private message to Craze JACKET man Add Craze JACKET man to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Scout Team
Liked 120 Times in 86 Posts
Craze JACKET man is on a distinguished road
It looks as if Bell and the Jackets have people jumping ship..
Send a private message to Craze JACKET man Add Craze JACKET man to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:23 AM
2nd String
Originally Posted by Craze JACKET man View Post
It looks as if Bell and the Jackets have people jumping ship..
Jacket Man is a stand up guy, tell me is there any truth to the story that Middlesboro has had 14 jobs open that they have to fill? all four schools. This year.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Water Boy
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Captain Jack is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MHS Parent4Life View Post
With the Greens, we really only lost the player. The coaches were mediocre for the past 10 years. As I stated early, people of good character, but not great coaches.

Millett has not withdrawn. He may very well do so, but he hasn't yet.

Frazier is a good kid. I don't want to say anything bad about him. If he isn't already throwing right now, he wouldn't have played catcher at Middlesboro next year. His arm was less than healthy (by a longshot) at the end of the year by his own admission. He never quite understood the necessity to rehab through specificity. I hope he has learned in that regard. He will be an asset to their football program though.

How much worse can Brock get hurt? It is my understanding that he already has a torn rotator cuff and a torn labrum. He played the entire baseball season with that. Obviously, I wish he would have had it repaired for recruiting purposes but the kid is a warrior. My understanding is if he gets injured early, he will still have plenty of time (he needs 5 months) to get back for baseball. Remember, even if he can barely throw, that matches what he was able to do this year. We had some kids with half the injury that Jake has that couldn't handle the pain and wouldn't dare gut through it like Jake has. I wish the best for him and I'd hope you would to. But I'm betting you're hoping for a injury so that you can get on the message boards and say "told you so".

I know the scuttle butt around Russell's departure. There were other things that aided his move. However, if you think he wouldn't have left a perfect teaching/coaching situation for administration/significantly higher pay at the high school in which he graduated from, then you need to wake up.

You've been trying to rock the boat at MHS for some time now. Doesn't it ever get old?
Frazier hurt his back in the Union/Tn game in the snow which affected his throwing it was not the previous injury. He started at catcher the Friday night before the district tournament and did an outstanding job. He never saw the field again. Through his own admission, he told his dad that he was done. The coaches NEVER worked with him in bringing him back from the back injury, they threw him to the side. The rehabilitation that he did came from Donnie Grigsby. That's a FACT.

You better check in on how long it takes to recover from what's about to happen to Brock. It's a shame that no one cares enough about him to get his shoulder fixed, coaches that is.

Word is on the street that Millett did not want to play for the baseball coaches and that he wanted to leave. His dad is still teaching in Middlesboro but Millett is going to Knoxville.

Debbie Green may be from Harlan, but her husband is from Middlesboro. I don't think the reason the Green's left were for better facilities.
The 12-16 jobs available in Middlesboro would not be available if they were happy where they were working. Can you explain why so many jobs in a small city school district are open? I can. The administration.
luvspugs (07-18-2014)
Send a private message to Captain Jack Add Captain Jack to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Statistician
Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
watcher is on a distinguished road
They are some kind of problem at Middlesboro. I am not sure if its the new Super or Principal. I have heard both. I use to be a big Middlesboro follower, but have lost interest with all the changes. I don't expect them to be world beaters until there is new administration. I do know the real reason why Thompson started looking, and it did have to do with the administration. The earth will keep turning and teams will keep playing in Middlesboro even with poor administration. So quit making such a big deal, They are other districts with bad leadership and they are still have sports teams.
Send a private message to watcher Add watcher to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:19 PM
Statistician
Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
watcher is on a distinguished road
I am glad to see someone sticking up for administration. I know you know better but glad someone at least stuck up for them.
Send a private message to watcher Add watcher to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Water Boy
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
luvspugs is on a distinguished road
It is a pitiful shame that one man has the power to disassemble a winning program (football) and discourage so many other coaches, athletes, etc. to the point that people decide to abandon ship. Once the people in Middlesboro, and specifically the SCHOOL BOARD wake up and smell the rancid coffee, that superintendent will have done much damage to the Jackets athletic programs. It will take YEARS to rebuild.
Send a private message to luvspugs Add luvspugs to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:38 PM
2nd String
Originally Posted by luvspugs View Post
It is a pitiful shame that one man has the power to disassemble a winning program (football) and discourage so many other coaches, athletes, etc. to the point that people decide to abandon ship. Once the people in Middlesboro, and specifically the SCHOOL BOARD wake up and smell the rancid coffee, that superintendent will have done much damage to the Jackets athletic programs. It will take YEARS to rebuild.
They may not ever get out of it.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:31 PM
MOD

Liked 7,886 Times in 5,449 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Have Mboro call me. For 80000 a year ill be a janitor and coach a little football.
Give me 2 years and we will be in bowling green.

I do however play by my own rules, including but not limited to recruiting.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Scout Team
Liked 224 Times in 153 Posts
TopCat is on a distinguished road
In bowling green watching??? lol
Send a private message to TopCat Add TopCat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Xerxes is on a distinguished road
Who will get this job?
Send a private message to Xerxes Add Xerxes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Starter
Liked 469 Times in 259 Posts
Bear_Paw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bear_Paw View Post
I don't really have a dog in this fight, we'll actually I do...Frazier is a good friend of mine and I'll stand up for him to the end, but the same person that told me Frazier would lose his job the night before it happened also told me Thompson's fate was decided as well. Also I have been told that A very talented lady jacket would be wearing other colors next year. With what happened after the Clay loss and before the district tournament I wouldn't be surprised.

I think the 52nd district and local football could have a much different look in 14-15, from a player and coaching standpoint.
I don't mean to lay claim to being Nostrildumas but looks the the post I made on March 8th is holding true on all accounts.....
Send a private message to Bear_Paw Add Bear_Paw to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball