Rate This Thread - Breathitt County Baseball (John Turner).

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:53 AM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Night Train is on a distinguished road
Default Breathitt County Baseball (John Turner)
What is Breathitt County waiting on?

Breathitt has a great baseball mind right in their back yard. Itís time to pull the trigger and hire John Turner. 4 district titles at JCS is no small feat and with Breathittís roster being loaded with young impact players, regional titles are just one coach away.

Make the short trip to Panbowl and letís get John Turner back in the dugout!
Highwayman82 (09-30-2019)
Send a private message to Night Train Add Night Train to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:58 AM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Highwayman82 is on a distinguished road
I agree with Night Train best man for the job. BHS needs to make it happen. It would be a complete mistake to not hire him.
Send a private message to Highwayman82 Add Highwayman82 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:29 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 56 Times in 47 Posts
jumpshooter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jumpshooter
Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
What is Breathitt County waiting on?

Breathitt has a great baseball mind right in their back yard. Itís time to pull the trigger and hire John Turner. 4 district titles at JCS is no small feat and with Breathittís roster being loaded with young impact players, regional titles are just one coach away.

Make the short trip to Panbowl and letís get John Turner back in the dugout!
Slow down there, big guy. How many Region tournament games did he win in those years? It's not about district titles unless you make some noise in the big tournament.
rawlingsfan (10-01-2019)
Send a private message to jumpshooter Add jumpshooter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:06 PM
Starter
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Bluecat is on a distinguished road
Breathitt needs to find someone that will be loyal to the program and not be looking to leave. A couple of the last hires have already jumped ship. Bring in someone who will stay.
Send a private message to Bluecat Add Bluecat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:41 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 49 Times in 38 Posts
rawlingsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jumpshooter View Post
Slow down there, big guy. How many Region tournament games did he win in those years? It's not about district titles unless you make some noise in the big tournament.
I agree. How much weight does winning arguably the worst baseball district in the state of KY, in one of the worst baseball regions carry? No regional titles since 1978 among it's current members. TeWayne definitely had the program on the rise, now he is at the largest school in the 14th, Hazard is Hazard. Estill and KCC are very talented and well-coached. Powell and LCC have larger enrollments and are in good hands now. BC has some talent, but they'll always be 3rd on campus behind football and basketball.
catsrule (10-01-2019)
Send a private message to rawlingsfan Add rawlingsfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:22 AM
Statistician
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
catsrule is on a distinguished road
Didn't he jump ship from Jackson City to go after a title as an assistant at PCC?
Send a private message to catsrule Add catsrule to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 02:04 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
StrictlyBusiness is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
Didn't he jump ship from Jackson City to go after a title as an assistant at PCC?
No he didnít. Youngest son wanted a move to PCC after the older two brothers graduated. So he went with his son like most would. Wasnít chasing an assistant job from what I understand
Send a private message to StrictlyBusiness Add StrictlyBusiness to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:39 PM
Scout Team
Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts
mandan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rawlingsfan View Post
I agree. How much weight does winning arguably the worst baseball district in the state of KY, in one of the worst baseball regions carry? No regional titles since 1978 among it's current members. TeWayne definitely had the program on the rise, now he is at the largest school in the 14th, Hazard is Hazard. Estill and KCC are very talented and well-coached. Powell and LCC have larger enrollments and are in good hands now. BC has some talent, but they'll always be 3rd on campus behind football and basketball.
...and rumors are that the District is about to get worse. I'm hearing Jackson doesn't have enough kids or finances to have a baseball team for 2020. Transportation cutbacks already occurring for sports teams.
Send a private message to mandan Add mandan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:38 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 252 Times in 200 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
How many does Jackson have in high school? Hard to believe there are still two schools less than a half mile from each other.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Statistician
Maybe 50ish?

I would like to see Buckhorn come down into the 55th.
Send a private message to catsrule Add catsrule to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 252 Times in 200 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
I think there were 80 last year.
If you take Buckhorn out, it leaves only three schools in the 54th.
With Riverside, Jackson, JBS, Riverside and others not fielding teams at times it gets tricky to have decent tournaments. The 14th should add a couple of teams.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:23 PM
Water Boy
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
9Lives is on a distinguished road
Jackson City is around 95 or so students 9-12 I do believe. As for the baseball team rumor that is not true , the baseball coach is actually looking forward to next season adding a few younger players and only losing 1 senior. As for the travel
Cut backs, this isn’t the first time a smaller school has used some conservative tactics in a year. I don’t think JCS and it’s supporters will be in a hurry to to close or anything else considering they are the 3rd ranked school Academically in the entire state of Kentucky. Now back to the topic at hand, is John Turner a done deal at Breathitt?
Send a private message to 9Lives Add 9Lives to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:25 AM
Statistician
I think the actual number is 91. (more than I thought). I'm sure there is a little worry about having enough to play this season. They only dressed 10 or so last year. And if they graduated 1, that only leaves 9. As far as younger players go, I just don't see many coming out. But maybe I'm wrong.

Congrats on your academic success. But it's hard to compare schools with such a difference in student numbers. Only having 20 seniors definitely makes it easier.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:52 AM
Water Boy
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I think the actual number is 91. (more than I thought). I'm sure there is a little worry about having enough to play this season. They only dressed 10 or so last year. And if they graduated 1, that only leaves 9. As far as younger players go, I just don't see many coming out. But maybe I'm wrong.

Congrats on your academic success. But it's hard to compare schools with such a difference in student numbers. Only having 20 seniors definitely makes it easier.
Zero worry, and actually a smaller student population means less room for error.
Send a private message to 9Lives Add 9Lives to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:06 AM
Statistician
I hope you're right. But not what I'm hearing. Word around the soccer pitch last night was their best player may not play, and if he does, he wont be pitching. IDK, just repeating what I've heard.

I understand about the less room for error but you have to see it's easier to get 20 ready for a test than it is 200.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:04 PM
Water Boy
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I hope you're right. But not what I'm hearing. Word around the soccer pitch last night was their best player may not play, and if he does, he wont be pitching. IDK, just repeating what I've heard.

I understand about the less room for error but you have to see it's easier to get 20 ready for a test than it is 200.
If it was so easy, the top 25 would be full of small schools.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:04 PM
Statistician
I didn't say it was easy, just EASIER. And I've not seen the rankings, but I'd bet most of the top are either...…… small schools, magnet schools, private schools or independent schools.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:20 PM
Statistician
And that's not taking anything away from Jackson City. Glad to see a 14th region school in the top of the state.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:42 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Comfort is on a distinguished road
Jackson City will have a baseball team this year. There coaches and players are ready to get started. They will surprise some people this year.
Send a private message to Comfort Add Comfort to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:50 PM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
SAD SAM is on a distinguished road
Pretty obvious who you are chump are you really that jealous of a small school
Send a private message to SAD SAM Add SAD SAM to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:44 AM
Statistician
Yep. Lol
Old 10-05-2019, 07:45 PM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
HollerRat is on a distinguished road
This isnít a spelling bee guys. If Breathitt wants to make a good hire thereís only one choice and thatís John Turner
Highwayman82 (10-06-2019)
Send a private message to HollerRat Add HollerRat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:22 AM
Water Boy
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Wildcat100 is on a distinguished road
Only JCS would turn this thread into an Academic meet lol. John Turner has been offered the Breathitt job.

Will he lace up the cleats again?
Highwayman82 (10-07-2019)
Send a private message to Wildcat100 Add Wildcat100 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Statistician
I heard that former coach Justin Combs has shown some interest. And at least 1 teacher I spoke to, said he would be the next coach.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:49 PM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I heard that former coach Justin Combs has shown some interest. And at least 1 teacher I spoke to, said he would be the next coach.
Justin Combs the football coach? Looks like Breathitt is back to its old tricks only worried about being a football school
catsrule (10-07-2019), Wildcat100 (10-07-2019)
Send a private message to HollerRat Add HollerRat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:55 PM
Scout Team
Liked 86 Times in 50 Posts
Reds#1Fan is on a distinguished road
I think hiring Combs would be a mistake, Breathitt is moving in the right direction but need to find someone that is focused on Baseball.
HollerRat (10-09-2019)
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:03 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Blue Lips is on a distinguished road
Biggest troll move ever. John Turner pulls a Rick Pitino. He leaves (Little Brother) JCS and ends up at (Big Brother) Breathitt. The stars are aligning
Send a private message to Blue Lips Add Blue Lips to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:52 PM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Lips View Post
Biggest troll move ever. John Turner pulls a Rick Pitino. He leaves (Little Brother) JCS and ends up at (Big Brother) Breathitt. The stars are aligning
I thought Turner had been out of coaching for a couple years. Did he coach at JC last year?
Old 10-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Statistician
I think he was an assistant at PCC 2 years ago. And didn't do any coaching last year.
HollerRat (10-09-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Base_Ball is on a distinguished road
Heck of a hire for Breathitt if they are interested
Send a private message to Base_Ball Add Base_Ball to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Baseball