Rate This Thread - Hazard 80 Martin County 63.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 12-09-2019, 05:00 PM
BGR Mafia

Liked 421 Times in 246 Posts
Redneck is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jaguarhoundbird View Post
I'm confused by this. So he can impress coaches and play well enough for offers against elite talent in AAU, but can't dominate in high school ball against 6'2" centers? Not knocking the kid or saying he can't play, but I'm trying to understand the logic. Are you saying he doesn't try as hard, or doesn't care while playing high school games because coaches aren't watching?
Iím guessing what he means is when he plays with AAU, the other teams arenít keying on him, whereas around here heís getting doubled on the offensive side of the floor and no one takes it to him on the defensive side.
Send a private message to Redneck Add Redneck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 12-09-2019, 05:26 PM
Statistician
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
blueandgoldfan is on a distinguished road
In regards to the Hazard-Bryan Station game, things changed after the half when Al went zone. The Defenders didn't know what to do with it. Plus, their shooting cooled off.
Send a private message to blueandgoldfan Add blueandgoldfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Booger Branch Bandit is on a distinguished road
Nobody comes into Hazard and leaves feeling good about the officiating.
Send a private message to Booger Branch Bandit Add Booger Branch Bandit to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:21 PM
Head Coach
Liked 413 Times in 314 Posts
Blue_Bird96 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Freedom sport View Post
Last year Dingess averaged 9 points a game, so far with Martin County he has had close to 20 points every game. Sounds to me like that is pretty consistent.
We probably need more than 1 game to see what a player avgís. If not we could say Paintsvilleís C. Fuget avg over 40pts consistently this season. So Dingess had 20pts vs Hazard? I didnít get to see the Box scores but thatís pretty impressive!!
Send a private message to Blue_Bird96 Add Blue_Bird96 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:49 PM
Statistician
Liked 68 Times in 45 Posts
BallFan1952 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Reds#1Fan View Post
Hazard is for sure the best team in the 14th when they play out of region teams at home. Bryan Station go the welcome mat put out for them yesterday. I there was several Tís called and a ton of questionable at best calls in Hazards favor. Not at all saying Hazard isnít good, but Big Al knows how to ďprepareĒ for out of region teams.
Big Al is perfecting his ďHome CookingĒ with his little zebra buddies to the point that descent teams will probably not reschedule with him and Hazard. Thereís to many good schools with great coaches out there to play to put up with Big Alís Home Cooking. Coaches start with nothing and leave with a reputation....
Send a private message to BallFan1952 Add BallFan1952 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:49 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Freedom sport is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird96 View Post
We probably need more than 1 game to see what a player avgís. If not we could say Paintsvilleís C. Fuget avg over 40pts consistently this season. So Dingess had 20pts vs Hazard? I didnít get to see the Box scores but thatís pretty impressive!!
Martin County has had 3 games not 1
Send a private message to Freedom sport Add Freedom sport to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Starter
Liked 107 Times in 83 Posts
Creeker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
I’m guessing what he means is when he plays with AAU, the other teams aren’t keying on him, whereas around here he’s getting doubled on the offensive side of the floor and no one takes it to him on the defensive side.
The point was, on James' AAU team he is surrounded by 12-13 other kids that are receiving offers from DI colleges, some mid-major, some major... That's not something he has at Martin Co. Like you said, around here the other teams are keyed in on him and hacking and beating and banging him the entire game...
Send a private message to Creeker Add Creeker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:13 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
The Eagle Knows is on a distinguished road
According to the KHSAA stats, Brady Dingess has played in 3 games this year and has scored 54 points in those 3 games with a 18 point average per game.

I saw the LC game and Brady dropped 19 points and lead his team well. Brady is the real deal and the Cards are getting warmed up.....
Send a private message to The Eagle Knows Add The Eagle Knows to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:22 PM
BGR Mafia

Liked 421 Times in 246 Posts
Redneck is on a distinguished road
Not to hijack the Hazard/Martin County game thread, but how did Paintsville do up there Saturday. I know Perry beat them, but you mentioned Fugate. Did he play Saturday?
Send a private message to Redneck Add Redneck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball