Rate This Thread - 15th region rankings 4/15/ 2019.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:22 PM
Statistician
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Warriorhawk17 is on a distinguished road
Default 15th region rankings 4/15/ 2019
1. Johnson central
2. Lawrence county
3. Belfry
4. Paintsville
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Pikeville
7. Pike county central
8. Shelby Valley
9. Floyd county central
10. Prestonsburg
11. Phelps
12. Magoffin county
13. Betsy layne
14. East Ridge
15. Jenkins
Send a private message to Warriorhawk17 Add Warriorhawk17 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:30 AM
Statistician
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
fewfirstchoice is on a distinguished road
The top 2 have seemed to have distanced themselves from the rest. Paintsville is still the 3rd best team in the region followed by Sheldon Clark. Belfry hasnít played anyone but you probably have to put them 5th I guess.

How about all the young talent in the 15th. The freshman class has a ton of great players. Canít wait to see them in a few years.
Send a private message to fewfirstchoice Add fewfirstchoice to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:43 AM
Starter
Liked 412 Times in 305 Posts
OutlawJoseyWales is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Warriorhawk17 View Post
1. Johnson central
2. Lawrence county
3. Belfry
4. Paintsville
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Pikeville
7. Pike county central
8. Shelby Valley
9. Floyd county central
10. Prestonsburg
11. Phelps
12. Magoffin county
13. Betsy layne
14. East Ridge
15. Jenkins

Belfry had a terrible weekend....going 0-2. Breakdowns in every facet of the game...pitching, hitting and defensively.
Send a private message to OutlawJoseyWales Add OutlawJoseyWales to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:09 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Asual42 is on a distinguished road
Lawrence is the best team in the region for sure, they have the best pitching staff by far bryce blevins is a Stud! Defensively they are the best. They have a stud catcher, a great infield, outfield is decent but their Center fielder makes it look a lot better he's really good. They will win the region mark it down.
Send a private message to Asual42 Add Asual42 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:51 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by Asual42 View Post
Lawrence is the best team in the region for sure, they have the best pitching staff by far bryce blevins is a Stud! Defensively they are the best. They have a stud catcher, a great infield, outfield is decent but their Center fielder makes it look a lot better he's really good. They will win the region mark it down.
You have to go by whatís happened on the field to this point. While I think Lawrence Co is a great team with great players. Johnson Central has a better record ďtheir schedules are about the same except JC district is tougherĒ andJC has a win against a team that has beat Lawrence Co. To say one is definitely better then the other canít be done. Both are great teams and I believe the region will come down to those 2 but Paintsville and Sheldon Clark are dangerous.

Johnson Central has a TEAM era. hovering around 2 and a TEAM batting average of .400. Their defense is as good as anyoneís. Both these teams are great and one will more then likely win region letís just sit back and enough it.

Also both teams have great kids on them.
Send a private message to fewfirstchoice Add fewfirstchoice to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:34 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 91 Times in 72 Posts
LCHSbulldogsalum is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
You have to go by whatís happened on the field to this point. While I think Lawrence Co is a great team with great players. Johnson Central has a better record ďtheir schedules are about the same except JC district is tougherĒ andJC has a win against a team that has beat Lawrence Co. To say one is definitely better then the other canít be done. Both are great teams and I believe the region will come down to those 2 but Paintsville and Sheldon Clark are dangerous.

Johnson Central has a TEAM era. hovering around 2 and a TEAM batting average of .400. Their defense is as good as anyoneís. Both these teams are great and one will more then likely win region letís just sit back and enough it.

Also both teams have great kids on them.

And you were saying this same type of stuff last year when you were part of the LC program. Knock it off. We get it. It's whoever your kid is wearing the jersey of.
philbilly2009 (04-17-2019)
Send a private message to LCHSbulldogsalum Add LCHSbulldogsalum to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:41 PM
Statistician
Iím stating facts. If you donít like it donít read it. Its pretty simple.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:16 AM
Cheerleader
Iím stating facts. If you donít like it donít read it. Its pretty simple.
Yes, it is very simple to understand. The schedules, up to this point, are not any different when you add up the wins/losses of the opponents both LC and JC have played.

Why weren't you singing the praises of JC last year?
Send a private message to LCHSbulldogsalum Add LCHSbulldogsalum to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:20 AM
Cheerleader
...JC has a win against a team that has beat Lawrence Co.
Which team?

LC has lost to Apollo and Ashland....that's it. Why do you continue to spew misinformation like this?
Old 04-17-2019, 11:44 AM
Hall of Fame

Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Liked 1,441 Times in 1,006 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by LCHSbulldogsalum View Post
Which team?

LC has lost to Apollo and Ashland....that's it. Why do you continue to spew misinformation like this?
Uh, excuse me, I don't know who fewfirst is, but I have not seen him post one negative word about any player or any team. All I have seen is compliments thrown to both parties. Don't understand doging him on anything.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:52 AM
Hall of Fame

And you were saying this same type of stuff last year when you were part of the LC program. Knock it off. We get it. It's whoever your kid is wearing the jersey of.
Ok , After I ponder on this, I get it now:

(A)You're upset because he said that both teams have great kids?

(B)You're mad because he said the 57th district is a tougher district? That's pretty much indisputable, right?

(C) You're mad because he said he thought the region will come down to these two teams?

(D) You're mad because he said Lawrence Co. was a GREAT team and had GREAT kids?

(E) You're mad because he said that everyone should enjoy the show of two GREAT team?

(F) You're mad because he quoted team stats, that are available on the KHSAA web site?

Sheesh, you been nipping in the native water supply again?
fewfirstchoice (04-17-2019), Tigersfan (04-17-2019)
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:53 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by Bob Seger View Post
Ok , After I ponder on this, I get it now:

(A)You're upset because he said that both teams have great kids?

(B)You're mad because he said the 57th district is a tougher district? That's pretty much indisputable, right?

(C) You're mad because he said he thought the region will come down to these two teams?

(D) You're mad because he said Lawrence Co. was a GREAT team and had GREAT kids?

(E) You're mad because he said that everyone should enjoy the show of two GREAT team?

(F) You're mad because he quoted team stats, that are available on the KHSAA web site?

Sheesh, you been nipping in the native water supply again?

Perhaps the statement that a team JC beat also beat LC.....which isn't true, unless it's on a schedule I'm not aware of Bobby......that was his false statement that he has yet to back up. Be careful, his kid may transfer to another 15th region school next year.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:32 AM
Hall of Fame

Perhaps the statement that a team JC beat also beat LC.....which isn't true, unless it's on a schedule I'm not aware of Bobby......that was his false statement that he has yet to back up. Be careful, his kid may transfer to another 15th region school next year.
Yeah, after I think about it, I'm leaning toward your way of thinking. Really, I don't blame you for being so upset..It would make me boiling mad for someone to start throwing all those nice compliments towards my team and players too..I would be furious.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Statistician
I didnít say JC beat LC. I said JC as a win over a team which LC lost to. Which is incorrect. I looked at the results wrong of the Eastern games in Mrytle beach, my apologies.

As far as schedule goes you have to look at it as to who you have played so far. Not who you have coming up. Everyone knows in Ky in the spring you may play 0 games or 6 games a week with this weather.

I guess the ideal of parents doing what they feel is best with their child angers some people.

It may be to a school outside the 15th who knows 🤷🏻*♂️
Old Yesterday, 12:17 AM
Cheerleader
I didnít say JC beat LC. I said JC as a win over a team which LC lost to. Which is incorrect. I looked at the results wrong of the Eastern games in Mrytle beach, my apologies.

As far as schedule goes you have to look at it as to who you have played so far. Not who you have coming up. Everyone knows in Ky in the spring you may play 0 games or 6 games a week with this weather.

I guess the ideal of parents doing what they feel is best with their child angers some people.

It may be to a school outside the 15th who knows 🤷🏻*♂️

You are making this a habit of misstating and misreading. I never said you said that JC beat LC....go back, look.....see for yourself......And when I compare schedules, I also look at the records of the teams that each side plays........JC doesn't have a tougher schedule to this point in the season. Sorry.
Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
Mister D is on a distinguished road
I think the bottom line without all the random chippyness is LC and JC both have talent, experience and depth. They look to all around be the two favorites in the region without much to separate them. But in a one game loser goes home format like the regional tourney Pikeville, Paintsville, or Sheldon Clark could pull an upset. I think Paintsville has the best chance to win the region of those 3 teams because they can overwhelm you with their offense.
Send a private message to Mister D Add Mister D to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM
Hall of Fame

I dont ever remember a JC team putting up the gaudy offensive stats that this team is putting up...We have always had great pitching, but not the offensive fire power that has been displayed thus so far to go with it.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Baseball