Rate This Thread - Lacrosse in Eastern Ky.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:13 PM
2nd String
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Bleacher_Creature_10 is on a distinguished road
Default Lacrosse in Eastern Ky
I was watching a couple of college lacrosse games recently on ESPN and got to wondering why lacrosse isn't played in Eastern Ky. Is it lack of knowledge about the game itself? Lack of interest? Lack of athletic department funds? When I was in high school we took a survey of sports that we would like to see added and soccer and lacrosse were the top choices. In fact a group of us nearly had the AD talked into fielding a team. The reason we were unable, according to the AD, was that the logistics of it were going to cost the school and the board of education a tremendous amount of money for travel. The closest teams at the time were in Lexington. Do you think that we will begin to see a growth in the sport particularly in the eastern part of the state? Have you heard of any schools expressing interest in fielding a team?
Send a private message to Bleacher_Creature_10 Add Bleacher_Creature_10 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:21 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 554 Times in 392 Posts
Jarons will become famous soon enoughJarons will become famous soon enough
I think it is a combination of lack of knowledge of the game, lack of interest, and lack of money. Youth lacrosse is very popular where I live in Eastern North Carolina, it is almost as popular as youth football. However, the equipment is quite expensive. I checked about my son playing, the cost of the equipment costs over $200 to start out.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:15 PM
2nd String
Liked 158 Times in 121 Posts
Gitback Coach is an unknown quantity at this point
Football equipment costs much more than $200 per player, but most football teams are subsidized.
Send a private message to Gitback Coach Add Gitback Coach to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » All other sports