Rate This Thread - Corbin vs Bell County Updates.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 08:39 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 630 Times in 454 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
Are you serious??
Yes I am serious. And thatís not hearsay. I know for a fact. Haddix called and asked because he had heard from multiple people they werenít going to and they told him it wouldnít be open to them. So they set in the last row of the bleachers on our side
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:41 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,958 Times in 3,779 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Wow! That's pretty bad.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:57 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,646 Times in 1,902 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Lot of love between these two
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 10-13-2017, 09:00 PM
Head Coach
Liked 519 Times in 375 Posts
insideinfo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
Corbin coaches were locked out of press box by BC. Setting a row behind us eating popcorn now. I guess they might as well enjoy the view and openness of it hahah. I was hoping they werenít going to run up the score too bad but now I hope they do after that classless act
Classless is about all you can say!!! I also heard they treated Coach Mills pretty bad at a middle school game earlier this year.
Send a private message to insideinfo Add insideinfo to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 10-13-2017, 09:07 PM
Statistician
Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
HOFER is on a distinguished road
Wow you gotta be kidding me. I can't believe the fans and boosters put up with something like that. I'd be embarrassed.
Send a private message to HOFER Add HOFER to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 10-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 62 Times in 45 Posts
Rip/Spin is on a distinguished road
I was told Casey coaches were in the top row of the visitors side when they played Bell. Smoke may want to confirm or deny that.
Send a private message to Rip/Spin Add Rip/Spin to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 10-13-2017, 09:24 PM
MOD

Liked 7,956 Times in 5,499 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Corbin coaches were locked out of press box by BC. Setting a row behind us eating popcorn now. I guess they might as well enjoy the view and openness of it hahah. I was hoping they werenít going to run up the score too bad but now I hope they do after that classless act
Haddix should have hung a 100 on them. He could have. No excuse for that bull
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 10-13-2017, 09:38 PM
2nd String
Liked 159 Times in 108 Posts
bcpc is on a distinguished road
Lots of classless acts this week by the grumpy ol man. It is a fact that Corbin's coaches were not allowed on press box. Said there wasn't enuf room. Bell had 2 coaches up there that took up 30' of space
Send a private message to bcpc Add bcpc to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 10-13-2017, 09:44 PM
Statistician
Liked 77 Times in 56 Posts
jamesdeane is on a distinguished road
Corbin was also told originally that they couldn't dress in the visitor's locker room, that they needed to dress at the baseball field. I was told that Bell's principal had to get involved before Corbin was allowed in the visitor's locker room.
Send a private message to jamesdeane Add jamesdeane to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 10-13-2017, 09:51 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 630 Times in 454 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Wow I didnít know that about the locker rooms. I know half the team was standing outside by the concession stand during the half. So it must have been small either way. Iím pretty sure our radio guys where up in the box, I bet that was awkward! Haha. I donít know about the casey coaches either. I didnít see them, but I wasnít looking for them either. Corbin could have probably put up 70 if they wanted to, and I wished they would have, but Iím glad they didnít. As has been said on here before, itís not the kids fault, no need to demoralize them. And that running clock kills ya. I did see a lot of sportsmanship on the field though. A lot of Corbin guys helping BC up off the field and probably vice versa. Btw BC, NICE playing field, 1st time Iíve actially seen it in person
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 10-13-2017, 09:52 PM
2nd String
Liked 266 Times in 193 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Rip/Spin View Post
I was told Casey coaches were in the top row of the visitors side when they played Bell. Smoke may want to confirm or deny that.
I was definitely going to go watch. Lol...But Boyle game was closer and I figured I knew how this one would go. Game went similar to what I expected except I thought Bell would get a legit TD against first team, just 1 possibly, and then another late against JV. Unfortunately, or maybe not that, but I went to a "Judgement House" (huge play put on at a local church) with my youngest boy. We had our bonfire tonight before homecoming, not sure if coach stayed for it or went to Bell...I know at least one that was thinking about it. Heck, no game tonight and game tomorrow so might as well go watch some football. Wish I had of got to go. They were gonna open the press box for me...
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 10-13-2017, 10:00 PM
2nd String
Liked 266 Times in 193 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow I didnít know that about the locker rooms. I know half the team was standing outside by the concession stand during the half. So it must have been small either way. Iím pretty sure our radio guys where up in the box, I bet that was awkward! Haha. I donít know about the casey coaches either. I didnít see them, but I wasnít looking for them either. Corbin could have probably put up 70 if they wanted to, and I wished they would have, but Iím glad they didnít. As has been said on here before, itís not the kids fault, no need to demoralize them. And that running clock kills ya. I did see a lot of sportsmanship on the field though. A lot of Corbin guys helping BC up off the field and probably vice versa. Btw BC, NICE playing field, 1st time Iíve actially seen it in person
Their facilities are top notch, field, etc.. First time I walked on Corbin's years ago couldn't believe how soft and carpety your natural grass was. I prefer it to play on, but the upkeep is a lot of work of course. Seriously our radio guys and Bell's radio guys are very cordial and friendly to each other. But of course we aren't the crazy rivals like you guys. Truly wouldn't put any animosity on their radio guys though, they are class acts. Now Corbin didn't give me room to record, at all, 2 years ago, the first time. Game film. Went to every window and was told no room...Dudes...so our radio guys broadcast from one doorway, and I recorded gamefilm from another. The next time, playoff, to your credit, we were given at least some room. No reason not to be cordial to each other. There are supposed to be ONLY 3 guys up top at our place, 2 coaches, and a camera guy/gal, then our 2 coaches, and we get 2 camera people. We never fuss about someone having an extra camera guy or gal up at our place, and give room. Then room in our booth for your radio guys, our P/A guy and clock keeper, and our radio guys. I think we should all agree to allow the other guy the same, or everyone will just start locking each other out. I'll be up there with a camera in 2 weeks, watching us try to compete. Sizemore is going to be tough to deal with. Always is, love that kid.
Hound05 (10-14-2017)
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page
Closed Thread

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football