Rate This Thread - 14th Region Predictions.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:41 AM
Scout Team
Liked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Default 14th Region Predictions
Who are top 10 players in 14th Region?

Who are top 5 teams in 14th Region?
Send a private message to Wolverine Add Wolverine to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:46 PM
Head Coach
Liked 269 Times in 211 Posts
fatpatfan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Who are top 10 players in 14th Region?

Who are top 5 teams in 14th Region?

woof baby, ole fatpat gettin a lil worried about you.

Teams:
#1 - Knott
#2 - Hazard
#3 - Breathitt
#4 - Perry
#5 - Lotts Creek

Players:
#1 - Couch, KCC
#2 - Couch, KCC
#3 - Slone, KCC
#4 - McGuire, KCC
#5 - Whitaker, KCC
#6 thru #10 - Don't matter

#breakingitdown More mash taters please!!!
Send a private message to fatpatfan Add fatpatfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
JustThinking is on a distinguished road
Knott Co. has to be #1 in the Region with Whitaker moving to Knott Co. My question why did he leave Leslie ??? Several Whitakers have played at Leslie including his Grand Dad.
Send a private message to JustThinking Add JustThinking to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sparks will fly is on a distinguished road
It’s my understanding the move has to do with his Mom’s family...nothing to do with Leslie or the Whitaker’s
Send a private message to sparks will fly Add sparks will fly to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
eky.sports.fan is on a distinguished road
1) To close to call:
a) Hazard – Bennett could make them best in region, return all key players from last year including solid PG Wade Pelfrey.
b) Knott Co. – The recent transfer of Whitaker may give them edge over Hazard, C- Josh McGuire will be the best inside player in region this year and they return 3 other starters
3) Breathitt Co – Last years 55th District Champs return most of their scoring including, Tualbee and Fugate and back from injury is Kyle Fraley, plus a strong bench Coach Noble has had a full year now to get in his system.
4) Perry County Central – Noah Back is one of best shooters in the state so you can’t overlook the ‘Dores with him in the lineup – lost a lot from last year’s team but return enough to go with Back to be a strong contender
5) Cordia – Very athletic and decent size, the Lions can beat anyone on a given night, could surprise
6) Letcher Co. Central – Return Kincer and Stidham, so scoring will be there
7) Estill County – The defendant champs lost leading scorer Bonny and Doty twins inside, but return Joe Benton and O’Hare.
8) Wolfe County – Lost 4 starters including All-Stater Devin Stone, but don’t overlook the Wolves, Soph Guard Jaz Johnson is a top 10 player in the region and will be joined by group of young but talented teammates.
9) Buckhorn – The ‘Cats were ready to make some noise before Bennett transferred, still have good skilled players including Jacob Napier Colby Bowling.
10) Powell County – Senior forward Bryce Merion leads the Pirates who have potential to climb in the region as they have several skilled bigs to go with him and Coach Fraley always has his teams ready to play.
Send a private message to eky.sports.fan Add eky.sports.fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:35 PM
Statistician
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
billsizemore63 is on a distinguished road
Got a gut feeling Perry Central and Knott will be dueling it out for the crown
Send a private message to billsizemore63 Add billsizemore63 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:32 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Bstidham47 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by billsizemore63 View Post
Got a gut feeling Perry Central and Knott will be dueling it out for the crown
Knott could be there but it’s highly unlikely that Perry makes it this season.
Send a private message to Bstidham47 Add Bstidham47 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by Bstidham47 View Post
Knott could be there but it’s highly unlikely that Perry makes it this season.
PCC will be a lot better by the season start
Send a private message to billsizemore63 Add billsizemore63 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 54 Times in 40 Posts
jacobcody2 is on a distinguished road
With PCC getting players from Cordia they will be tough to beat if they don't have chemistry issues with new players
Send a private message to jacobcody2 Add jacobcody2 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:00 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jacobcody2 View Post
With PCC getting players from Cordia they will be tough to beat if they don't have chemistry issues with new players
What players did they get?
Send a private message to Bstidham47 Add Bstidham47 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:46 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 71 Times in 52 Posts
Easy Wind is on a distinguished road
Hope PCC parents don't mind seeing their kids sit on the bench. Because Perry has 4 players coming from cordia.
Send a private message to Easy Wind Add Easy Wind to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:32 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 151 Times in 99 Posts
Buford T Justice is on a distinguished road
Technically they are only getting 1 player from cordia that was there last year. The other one they are getting was at cordia as a freshman and left and went to some school in NJ last year and he wanted to come back down here because he wasn't good enough to play where he came from. If he has not improved since he left cordia for every game he helps them win he will loose 8. He is athletic but that's about it.
Send a private message to Buford T Justice Add Buford T Justice to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:49 AM
Statistician
Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts
coalminer is on a distinguished road
Technically the other kid wouldn’t have came this way if not for cordia, so yea he counts. The whole situation stinks.
Send a private message to coalminer Add coalminer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Starter
Liked 376 Times in 230 Posts
Cat Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Breathitt will be a contender this year, in my opinion. Coach Noble is the "best" coach in the region and he will have a ton of talent and experience returning. Hazard and Knott will contend as well. If the roster doesn't change, Perry will be down, but if they get their annual recruiting class, they will be near the top as well. It should be an interesting year in the 14th.
blueandgoldfan (09-04-2018)
Send a private message to Cat Daddy Add Cat Daddy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default recruiting
I feel that the whole landscape of high school basketball is ruined by all the transfers and the recruiting of players. What happened to teams actually playing the kids that have lived in these towns their whole lives. I can honestly say that I am proud to be a Letcher Central Cougar parent because Coach Lee wins and loses with LETCHER COUNTY kids and does not have to go out and recruit to have a team. Even if we finished with 7 wins last season and finish in the bottom of the 14th this season (which is highly unlikely that we do!!!) at least we can say that we DONE IT HONEST and didn't take the low road and recruit high school kids to come and play for us!! What is wrong with all these so called "great coaches", seems like they could put a respectable team on the floor without having to go out and get new ones every year. I can understand recruiting in college but this is high school.....coach your own hometown kids and show everyone that you truly are as "great" as people think you are.
blueandgoldfan (09-05-2018), Strikeout King (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Statistician
I feel that the whole landscape of high school basketball is ruined by all the transfers and the recruiting of players. What happened to teams actually playing the kids that have lived in these towns their whole lives. I can honestly say that I am proud to be a Letcher Central Cougar parent because Coach Lee wins and loses with LETCHER COUNTY kids and does not have to go out and recruit to have a team. Even if we finished with 7 wins last season and finish in the bottom of the 14th this season (which is highly unlikely that we do!!!) at least we can say that we DONE IT HONEST and didn't take the low road and recruit high school kids to come and play for us!! What is wrong with all these so called "great coaches", seems like they could put a respectable team on the floor without having to go out and get new ones every year. I can understand recruiting in college but this is high school.....coach your own hometown kids and show everyone that you truly are as "great" as people think you are.
As a commodores fan I agree. Not fair to the kids that have waited their turn
blueandgoldfan (09-05-2018), Bstidham47 (09-04-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Scout Team
Liked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Bulldogs4Ever is on a distinguished road
PCC got players coming from Cordia????? Since when has Cordia won anything? Their players probably arent even as good as the Perry home grown kids. I dont care if they are athletic or not, they dont win. If you are a TOP player in the region like everyone says about the Frazier kid, YOU WIN. Winning sets everyone apart. The road to the 14th Region title goes through Hindman baby. I dont care if the entire Lions team transfers to Perry. They aint gonna make Perry that much better. Probably destroy what team chemistry they have already at Perry.
Send a private message to Bulldogs4Ever Add Bulldogs4Ever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:26 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Ever View Post
PCC got players coming from Cordia????? Since when has Cordia won anything? Their players probably arent even as good as the Perry home grown kids. I dont care if they are athletic or not, they dont win. If you are a TOP player in the region like everyone says about the Frazier kid, YOU WIN. Winning sets everyone apart. The road to the 14th Region title goes through Hindman baby. I dont care if the entire Lions team transfers to Perry. They aint gonna make Perry that much better. Probably destroy what team chemistry they have already at Perry.
Knott doesn’t WIN without help either lol. I do believe their point guard last year came from a neighboring county and from what I hear their new point guard is also from a different county. So Knott has no room to criticize any team in the 14th for going out and “getting help”
Old 09-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Scout Team
Yeah you right BStidham. Didnt even think about Whitaker coming from Leslie to Knott. I bet you that Knott didnt have to rent a house for him or give him a monthly allowance though. Knotts won with kids from the neighboring area and not had to bring them in from Siberia and Australia. Doubt Knott had to pay them either. I dont even consider Cam Justice a recruit. His dad got a better job. I dont know about last years PG at Knott. Not sure where he was from. If it was Issac Caudill, he might as well been a home town boy.

As for the Cordia guys, Im sure they are good ball players but let me ask you this, "Why arent they playing at Cordia?" Is Cordia not having a team this year?
Send a private message to Bulldogs4Ever Add Bulldogs4Ever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
catsrule is on a distinguished road
O'Hare back to Breathitt will be a game changer!!!!
Send a private message to catsrule Add catsrule to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Head Coach

Liked 204 Times in 155 Posts
UKisN1 will become famous soon enough
Yeah you right BStidham. Didnt even think about Whitaker coming from Leslie to Knott. I bet you that Knott didnt have to rent a house for him or give him a monthly allowance though. Knotts won with kids from the neighboring area and not had to bring them in from Siberia and Australia. Doubt Knott had to pay them either. I dont even consider Cam Justice a recruit. His dad got a better job. I dont know about last years PG at Knott. Not sure where he was from. If it was Issac Caudill, he might as well been a home town boy.

As for the Cordia guys, Im sure they are good ball players but let me ask you this, "Why arent they playing at Cordia?" Is Cordia not having a team this year?
Respectfully, Caudill was not a hometown kid. It was his choice to go to KCC.
Send a private message to UKisN1 Add UKisN1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:58 PM
Scout Team
UK, I thought Caudill went to Cowan Elementary didnt he? That isnt exactly a long haul to Knott Central. So he was probably about the same distance to both schools. I think I'd rather played at Knott Central anyway with the success they had been having with Cam Justice and companies run. BB is a heck of a coach to. But anyway, the whole Cordia thing really gets to me. Yeah I know they are kids and all and I like for all kids to do well and get an opportunity but my question is "Where are their parents?" Do they live up in Lotts Creek. If the family moves here, I am fine. If a player just shacks up with a coach or a person that helps the program, I call it recruiting.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by UKisN1 View Post
Respectfully, Caudill was not a hometown kid. It was his choice to go to KCC.
Yes it was and there is nothing wrong with that. He went as a freshman and stayed the whole time at KCC, he didn’t jump from team to team to try to win the way it is being done now.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:03 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

I think they are having a team in Cordia. They are on our schedule for two games. The players there are talented and good players but I agree that if you have to rent them a home or give them a monthly allowance it should be an automatic violation. Now with that being said if it gets them out of a bad situation to get an education fine but it shouldn’t be allowed just for athletic purposes because let’s face it Eastern Kentucky is not oozing with jobs and opportunity for great athletes.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Home of the Chicago Cubs!

Liked 1,317 Times in 1,098 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
Where did you get that info at? I've not heard nothing. If it did happen, wouldn't KHSAA make him sit a year?

BOISE STATE BRONCOS
KENTUCKY WILDCATS FOOTBALL!!!!
Send a private message to Strikeout King Add Strikeout King to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:16 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
catsrule is on a distinguished road
Moved back to Jackson this past weekend. Enrolled at BHS yesterday.

I'm not sure about KHSAA, did he have to sit out a year when he moved to Estill?
Send a private message to catsrule Add catsrule to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:42 PM
Head Coach

Stidler baby, ole fatpat told Hosky that he better be careful with that gift. No worries though cause Letcher can't get past Knott in the district, but we like your style brutha.

#alwaysroomonthepatriotbandwagon More mash taters please!!!
Send a private message to fatpatfan Add fatpatfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:51 PM
Home of the Chicago Cubs!

Liked 1,317 Times in 1,098 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
Moved back to Jackson this past weekend. Enrolled at BHS yesterday.

I'm not sure about KHSAA, did he have to sit out a year when he moved to Estill?
If I'm not mistaken he had to sit out a couple games for football before they finally got him cleared.

BOISE STATE BRONCOS
KENTUCKY WILDCATS FOOTBALL!!!!
Send a private message to Strikeout King Add Strikeout King to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:53 PM
Head Coach

Bolz, congrats to oharry making it back to jackson university. Looking forward to seeing what coach nobley has up his sleeve against Big Bizness.

#whystopinbreathittwhenallroadsleadtoknott More mash taters please!!!
Old 09-05-2018, 05:11 PM
Head Coach

Liked 204 Times in 155 Posts
UKisN1 will become famous soon enough
UK, I thought Caudill went to Cowan Elementary didnt he? That isnt exactly a long haul to Knott Central. So he was probably about the same distance to both schools. I think I'd rather played at Knott Central anyway with the success they had been having with Cam Justice and companies run. BB is a heck of a coach to. But anyway, the whole Cordia thing really gets to me. Yeah I know they are kids and all and I like for all kids to do well and get an opportunity but my question is "Where are their parents?" Do they live up in Lotts Creek. If the family moves here, I am fine. If a player just shacks up with a coach or a person that helps the program, I call it recruiting.
Nope went to Letcher Middle. Choices made by 8th graders is lot different than varsity players moving because they get butthurt or their parents do.
Bstidham47 (09-05-2018)
Send a private message to UKisN1 Add UKisN1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball