Rate This Thread - Who's the Best Squad?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:32 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
stride2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by loves2cheer View Post
GRC [traditional] they have had some very good standing tumbling in the past. And very unique routines.
Dunbar is a very good team. They have very good stunting skills. However, Sometimes I think its just the name : PLD.
Estill is a team I've seen stand out. They've made it to state many times. They constantly get disrespected & they pull through. They also have many talents from stunting to tumbling.
Lee County's cheerleaders dont compete KAPOS however I think the should. They have great talent and have great spirit on the sidelines at ballgames. They are very friendly girls. I think we should encourage them to start competing KAPOS. I think there would be a very good outcome.
Madisonville North Hopkins is also a good team. They have competed medium in the past however it think they competed small this year and got 2nd. They have very good tumbling also.
Madison Central has a good team that represents the small division very well.
Powell is still working there way up. Last year was their first year making it to state in a while. Very good. Didnt get to see them compete at state but I did at regions. They done well there. I think at state they recieved 7th in the Traditional division. Havent seen them this year, I've heard good & bad comments. We'll just have to wait until football season.

CONGRATS TO ALL TEAMS AND BEST WISHES FOR THE 2007-2008 SEASON!

I have to completly agree with this post.
Send a private message to stride2 Add stride2 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:45 AM
Statistician
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
cheerforblue is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by #1 Cheerleader View Post
there are a few squads that i think are good
Powell:They are a good team. They are working their way up and I idea that i have heard that they are doing for their rountine is really unique. I hope it works out for them. They have a good number of tumblers. For there squad it is required for them to attend gymnastics this year, so I'm pretty sure that they will have more gymnastics this year. Their stunts from state were pretty tough to do like the one where they pushed the girl up and down three times. I must have been hard. Good luck pirates!! Hope to see you girls at state again.
Estill: Estill is a good squad. They have very strong tumblers. They do get disrespected alot because they put down other teams. What is with the fued between estill and powell? I didn't particulary like there theme last year. Weren't they going to do another category?
Lee: Lee is a squad in the rising. they have not competed in the previous years but i look for them to start to.
Owsley: Is another squad in the rising. Good luck to them
Why do people always have to put something in there post about Estill putting down other teams..this is just not true. There is this little thing called rivalry and I think it is good but after games and competition it should be over. Estill does not diss other teams this is just not true....
Send a private message to cheerforblue Add cheerforblue to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:27 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cheer_region_12 is on a distinguished road
Default ??
Has anyone seen McCreary Central this year?
Send a private message to cheer_region_12 Add cheer_region_12 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cheerforblue View Post
Why do people always have to put something in there post about Estill putting down other teams..this is just not true. There is this little thing called rivalry and I think it is good but after games and competition it should be over. Estill does not diss other teams this is just not true....

They just complemented Estil..I have seen Estill put down teams before when the other teams were trying to be nice. Example last year at districts...Powell girls went to pray with them and wish them good luck and they just turned their backs and started cheering again.
Send a private message to stride2 Add stride2 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
phs1986 has a spectacular aura aboutphs1986 has a spectacular aura about
Either keep it on topic or it will be closed. This thread is about the "Best Squads"...... please ..... NO inconsiderate posts will be tolerated!!

It is being closely monitored!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com
Send a private message to phs1986 Add phs1986 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Starter
Liked 234 Times in 163 Posts
MayfieldCardinal will become famous soon enough
Graves County, no need to say more, their kapos and National title trophies speak for themselves
Send a private message to MayfieldCardinal Add MayfieldCardinal to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
allie.. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to allie..
Pike Central definitely.
Send a private message to allie.. Add allie.. to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by If...Then View Post
It shouldnt even be called cheerleading anymore, its more of a gymnastics thing. They already dropped pom poms and squads are moving from skirt uniforms to t-shirts and short shorts.
i have to agre ........ cheerleading is just that....cheerleadinggymnastics and dance aren't really cheerleading, i just mean chering is to cheer for your team and get the crowd involved. All of the dance and gymnastics are for show and they should be left out of cheering(personal opinion). If the girls want to dance or do gymnastics then they should compete or become a member of one of those teams. Cheerlading was originally cheering and stunts not all of the stuff you see today. I like to watch it but as far as cheering for a sport , should be exactly that,if you add all of the oter stuff , then you need to be an on all- star team because that's what they do, just put on a show , not cheer for a team. i know alot of people aren't going to lik this , but i'm entitled to my opinion too. But i will say good luck next year to all of the squads and always remember the main thing is to be safe and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* is on a distinguished road
Back to the title of the thread.....I get more excited watching Johnson Central's middle school squad than I do any other squad in the 15th region....even Pikeville. Belfry is also exciting to watch....they may not be the cleanest squad but they always have a lot of energy and you can tell they have fun. Or at least they pretend to...lol.
Send a private message to *SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Add *SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stride2 View Post
i have to agre ........ cheerleading is just that....cheerleadinggymnastics and dance aren't really cheerleading, i just mean chering is to cheer for your team and get the crowd involved. All of the dance and gymnastics are for show and they should be left out of cheering(personal opinion). If the girls want to dance or do gymnastics then they should compete or become a member of one of those teams. Cheerlading was originally cheering and stunts not all of the stuff you see today. I like to watch it but as far as cheering for a sport , should be exactly that,if you add all of the oter stuff , then you need to be an on all- star team because that's what they do, just put on a show , not cheer for a team. i know alot of people aren't going to lik this , but i'm entitled to my opinion too. But i will say good luck next year to all of the squads and always remember the main thing is to be safe and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just had to explain how cheerleading is supposed to be and forgot the topic but as for the best squad...........every team out there is unique in their own way , so i have to say that all squads are the best. i know that doesn't make since but one squad may be better at tumbling than another and that squad may have better stunting than the one with tumbling etc. and so forth.............i say that all squads have their strengths and weaknesses so i'm not gonna go with any particular squad because they are all special in their own way.................kudos to all cheerleaders
Old 03-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Head Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bluegrassballa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bluegrassballa
Originally Posted by cheerforblue View Post
Lets not turn another thread into one about Powell/Estill. Lets just keep it on topic so it don't get closed. I don't feel like reading another thread that deals with Powell and Estill getting in an arguement.
Send a private message to bluegrassballa Add bluegrassballa to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Scout Team
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Kosar is on a distinguished road
How does this thread even exist without Greenup being mentioned over and over again?
Send a private message to Kosar Add Kosar to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
cheer1020 is on a distinguished road
lawrence county is real good. especially after all they've been through this year. Those girls have had alot of ups and downs this year with loosing people and gaining people and starting all over. But they've kept their heart through it all and it's showing. Keep up the work girls!

BELIEVE!
Send a private message to cheer1020 Add cheer1020 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
cheer1020 is on a distinguished road
Lawrence County is real good. Especially after all they have been through. Those girls have had a lot of ups and downs this year with loosing girls and gaining girls and starting all over. But they've kept heart through it all and it really shows. Keep it up girls!

BELIEVE!
Send a private message to cheer1020 Add cheer1020 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*Central_Cheer_Chick is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to *Central_Cheer_Chick Send a message via Yahoo to *Central_Cheer_Chick
Originally Posted by Kosar View Post
How does this thread even exist without Greenup being mentioned over and over again?

I noticed that too. I love Greenup. They are better than Dunbar in my book
Send a private message to *Central_Cheer_Chick Add *Central_Cheer_Chick to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bellgo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by *Central_Cheer_Chick View Post
I noticed that too. I love Greenup. They are better than Dunbar in my book
Yeah, really weird (or not) how Greenup has not been mentioned much in this thread. May I ask, do you all on here not like Greenup?
Send a private message to bellgo Add bellgo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Statistician
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
ckns is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ckns
well north laural is always good.
dunbar lacked off a little last year on there stunts and messed up a little.
i havent saw them this year but im planing to go visit. lol
estill county yeah there pretty good.

i hope breathitt does good this year.
good luck to all teams at kapos this year.
Send a private message to ckns Add ckns to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lsu_girl21 is on a distinguished road
knott county central cheerleading is fully loaded this year....there already kicking some butt with awesome stunts, tumbling and spirit...watch out guys for em
Send a private message to lsu_girl21 Add lsu_girl21 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Suspended
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
diaperdandy is on a distinguished road
ballard bruins, louisville central
Send a private message to diaperdandy Add diaperdandy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hornetstudent55 is on a distinguished road
magoffin county.. they are great. the new girls are good too.
Send a private message to hornetstudent55 Add hornetstudent55 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
big g is on a distinguished road
Johnson central

nough said
Send a private message to big g Add big g to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cheer4ever12 is on a distinguished road
sheldon clark is lookin pretty great this year.
=]
Send a private message to cheer4ever12 Add cheer4ever12 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to *Central_Cheer_Chick Send a message via Yahoo to *Central_Cheer_Chick
I attended the Morehead Showcase today and I have to say I was quite impressed. The rest of the nation better look out for KY squads. All Pikeville teams were absolutely perfect!! Very proud of them.

Graves County was flawless! Boyd County looked promising, Barren County did quite well, McCreary did good. But I have to say that North Laurel stole the show in the school divisons! I can't wait for state.

And I saw Morehead coed and all girl, UK, and NKU's nationals routines. I still have chills. I love KY cheerleading! I'm proud of all of them
Send a private message to *Central_Cheer_Chick Add *Central_Cheer_Chick to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:00 PM
2nd String
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
IISnakE will become famous soon enough
I heard Dunbar "wallered" in a few stunt sequences.... Everyone needs to remember... anything can happen on any given day... everyone should try to put their best foot forward @ comps and leave it all out on the mat!
Send a private message to IISnakE Add IISnakE to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bring it On is on a distinguished road
Talking Cheer ,Cheer,Cheer
Its that time of the year again, when the megaphones and poms are flying. Just be warned,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you see maroon and white heading your either get on board or get out of the way. The power is the Panther. Wanna bet!!!!!
Send a private message to Bring it On Add Bring it On to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IISnakE View Post
I heard Dunbar "wallered" in a few stunt sequences.... Everyone needs to remember... anything can happen on any given day... everyone should try to put their best foot forward @ comps and leave it all out on the mat!

Yes, Dunbar had a tough day. I think 1 of 4 stunts hit. I noticed their behavior before they performed and I could tell that they weren't taking it seriously. I understand that this wasn't a real competition, but exhibition or not, you need to put 100% into all performances. Especially if you have a squad of that prestige.

I saw them warm up and everything was perfect, but it kind of fell apart on the mat. They pulled it together though and it still looked good.

Overall everyone did great. I was very proud of Pikeville and I know that they will do awesome at KAPOS as well as Nationals
Old 01-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bring it On is on a distinguished road
Talking
Originally Posted by IISnakE View Post
If you can or ever been as good as Dunbar, you would have the right to talk, to be catty, I doubt you have ever been a state or national champion. Dont worry be Happy
Send a private message to Bring it On Add Bring it On to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:57 PM
2nd String
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
IISnakE will become famous soon enough
I didn't mean my post in a "catty" way... just telling you what was seen. Don't get your poms in a wad...LOL...
Dunbar is always a contender and therefore people expect their performances to be error free. It terribly stressful to walk around with that type of target on your back... but then these girls understand that.
Ya know, comps don't give awards for reputation either... so maybe it's getting close to time for everyone to find their "big girl panties" and get ready for some fun!
Happy Cheerz back @ ya!
Send a private message to IISnakE Add IISnakE to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:18 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bring it On View Post
If you can or ever been as good as Dunbar, you would have the right to talk, to be catty, I doubt you have ever been a state or national champion. Dont worry be Happy

I am positve that she wasn't being 'catty'. She was simply stating what happened for those who were not there. And she gave some pretty good advice too. Just because you're good doesn't mean you don't have to try. Your name alone can't get you a trophy. You have to put effort behind it.

And she/he actually does have the right to talk! You know nothing about her/him so I guess you have no right to talk then either. Please don't jump to conclusions about people. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RebelYell is on a distinguished road
well I didn't get to go to regionals ..but if Dunbar wollared as Snake II said they did...then what squad has he/she coached to be SO GOOD.....and kept them from wollaring onto the floor!

GO belfry I think they will make an EXCELLENT showing at KAPOS!!
Send a private message to RebelYell Add RebelYell to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Cheerleading