Rate This Thread - OBI's New Coach.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:58 PM
Statistician
Liked 19 Times in 17 Posts
nedreader is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JayTiger View Post
A little feuding going on .. Where have you been for the last two yrs. Feuding has been going and will still continue until the 2020 season is over. To many parents in the locker rooms calling the shots and making private phone calls and visits to the coach and demanding their (🌟 player) should be getting the ball more or more shots n headlines in the weekly paper. It's drama and drama all around the basketball program with this parent n that parent pointing fingers. I feel sorry for Coach Gray it's a jungle in Manchester for the last two yrs. Heck just go to some of the games you got parents spread all over the place because of the anger 😡😡 not wanting to even set in the same section as the other parent is in because of jealously and afraid some kid is going to out do the other it's a joke. #1 first step for a new coach or coach Gray is get some BALLS and some guts and take over his team and put the parents back in the stands playing which ever kid u desires that has earned 💯 the spot and play. Bobby Keith is what built CC nation and name and I promise you if he was still alive today n coaching this none since would not be taking place today because it would be his way or the highway didn't matter who your parents was or what position or title they held in Clay county and if it took three county's away to get the star player to make the team it was done n nobody had a problem with it. So of CC wants to fix the problem then quit pointing fingers and just sit back and let the black gold play for each other !!
That’s all well and good but everyone knows how Gray got the job so why wouldn’t the parents use the same “backdoor” tactics to try to get their son more PT, shots or whatever. The fact of the matter is, the coaching staff as a whole is lacking...not just Gray. Everyone can see that Robinson is the most talented. If a coach was smart, they’d have him work on his ball handling all summer long and put the ball in his hands at the point. Let him take it every time if he can and if not, he passes. It always worked before for Clay Co...Richie, Shannon Hoskins, Stephen Asher, etc plus it’ll only help Robinson at the next level.
Send a private message to nedreader Add nedreader to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:56 AM
Statistician
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
JustThinking is on a distinguished road
You have turned a OBI Coach thread into a Clay Co. thread. I don't think Marcum wants the OBI job, if offered he has had plenty time to make up his mind. Either you want the job or not. Don't lead people on, say yes or no. JMO
Sportsfanatic2015 (03-15-2019)
Send a private message to JustThinking Add JustThinking to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:12 AM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Wayne_ is on a distinguished road
I heard Marcum didn't take the job. I was hoping that he would as he could of made that program solid.
Send a private message to Wayne_ Add Wayne_ to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:20 AM
Head Coach
Liked 418 Times in 323 Posts
ky playmaker is on a distinguished road
Is OBI job even open? I dont see it in the open job thread
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:32 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Night R is on a distinguished road
I was hoping so also, he could make a killer team down there. Hope it's not true he's not taking the job.
Send a private message to Night R Add Night R to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:35 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Night R is on a distinguished road
Robinson kid is a beast
Send a private message to Night R Add Night R to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:10 AM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Wayne_ is on a distinguished road
Yes it is open. The coach quit after their loss in the district.
Send a private message to Wayne_ Add Wayne_ to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:35 AM
2nd String
Liked 128 Times in 107 Posts
Sportsfanatic2015 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wayne_ View Post
I heard Marcum didn't take the job. I was hoping that he would as he could of made that program solid.
I agree I think Robert turned the job down. I don't know if open or not. Oneida would do well to find the right person for this job. I do believe it could be a good situation.
Send a private message to Sportsfanatic2015 Add Sportsfanatic2015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball