Rate This Thread - Greenup County Football 2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:52 AM
State Champion

Liked 1,294 Times in 955 Posts
Scotty_Bronson is an unknown quantity at this point
lot of tallent offensively, but they will live and die on their ability to play more balanced defense and be able to move the ball on the ground a little more against better teams. Raceland had virtually no legit passing attack and was able to pitch a shutout and controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball last year. who can be their ground and pound guy? their rb last year was quick and hit the hole hard. but wasnt able to "make simethin out of nothing" as the saying goes. do they have a kid that can be a work horse in the run game?
Send a private message to Scotty_Bronson Add Scotty_Bronson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:56 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 415 Times in 306 Posts
RAM-A-DEVIL is on a distinguished road
7 on 7 is meaningless. We will see who the big dogs are when the fur starts flying.
anotherfootballnut (07-17-2018)
Send a private message to RAM-A-DEVIL Add RAM-A-DEVIL to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:11 AM
Statistician
Liked 46 Times in 31 Posts
Coupon21 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Scotty_Bronson View Post
lot of tallent offensively, but they will live and die on their ability to play more balanced defense and be able to move the ball on the ground a little more against better teams. Raceland had virtually no legit passing attack and was able to pitch a shutout and controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball last year. who can be their ground and pound guy? their rb last year was quick and hit the hole hard. but wasnt able to "make simethin out of nothing" as the saying goes. do they have a kid that can be a work horse in the run game?
Halstead 194 for 1189 rushing last season with 13tds.
Send a private message to Coupon21 Add Coupon21 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:59 PM
State Champion

not saying Halstead isnt a good back. I think he should be a little more patient and use his height as an advantage much like Maurice Jones Drew did for the jags a few years back. hiding behind the line and wait for some space. is he the only rb they have?
Send a private message to Scotty_Bronson Add Scotty_Bronson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:00 PM
State Champion

seems like they have alot of tallent at wr, but Sammons seems to be better in the pocket and not in the rpo.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:38 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 260 Times in 169 Posts
Patriot1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RAM-A-DEVIL View Post
7 on 7 is meaningless. We will see who the big dogs are when the fur starts flying.
All 7 on 7 are good for are timing between quarterback and receivers plus going threw your progressions but like Ram-A-Devil said itís a different game when bodies are flying around and the rush is coming after the quarterback
EsseQuamVideri (07-26-2018), FoSho (08-07-2018), Keepnitreal (07-25-2018)
Send a private message to Patriot1 Add Patriot1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:40 AM
Statistician
Liked 33 Times in 23 Posts
EsseQuamVideri is on a distinguished road
changed my mind on posting

Last edited by EsseQuamVideri; 07-26-2018 at 09:47 AM. Reason: need not say
Send a private message to EsseQuamVideri Add EsseQuamVideri to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:16 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Friday Night is on a distinguished road
Boys looked pretty good in the scrimmage over the weekend especially knowing they had been in team camp all week.
Send a private message to Friday Night Add Friday Night to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:27 AM
Statistician
From what I hear up in North Eastern KY, this may be the team to beat. Only Johnson Central should blemish their record. I can see this team finishing second in their District and 9-1. Hosting a Playoff game will be huge for their program. Looks like things are turning around. Plus, their District gets a lot easier next year.
Send a private message to EsseQuamVideri Add EsseQuamVideri to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:50 AM
Statistician
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
KYHSFB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by EsseQuamVideri View Post
From what I hear up in North Eastern KY, this may be the team to beat. Only Johnson Central should blemish their record. I can see this team finishing second in their District and 9-1. Hosting a Playoff game will be huge for their program. Looks like things are turning around. Plus, their District gets a lot easier next year.
From what I have seen, Ashland is the team to beat in that district. Even JC.
Send a private message to KYHSFB Add KYHSFB to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 360 Times in 274 Posts
anotherfootballnut is an unknown quantity at this point
You listening to greenup fans to much , they will lose ti Ashland , jc , Raceland and one more they should beat but blow just like every other year
Send a private message to anotherfootballnut Add anotherfootballnut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by KYHSFB View Post
From what I have seen, Ashland is the team to beat in that district. Even JC.
Gotcha. I don't have anything to go on except hearsay. I didn't realize Ashland had that much coming back. I did read a sports article online about Hester. He sounds like the real deal for the Tomcats.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:53 AM
Asst. Coach
According to the Khsaa website greenup has 6 freshman on their roster !! That has to be concerning those are Phelps type numbers
Send a private message to anotherfootballnut Add anotherfootballnut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Statistician
Originally Posted by anotherfootballnut View Post
According to the Khsaa website greenup has 6 freshman on their roster !! That has to be concerning those are Phelps type numbers
Got to be wrong, they had a nice amount of freshmen at just the passing leagues from what I recall.
Send a private message to KYHSFB Add KYHSFB to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:04 PM
Asst. Coach
Confirmed by a greenup guy , they had 6 freshman at team camp
Old 08-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Statistician
confirmed by a greenup guy , they had 6 freshman at team camp
wow!!!
Old 08-09-2018, 03:48 PM
Starter
Liked 319 Times in 223 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Confirmed by a greenup guy , they had 6 freshman at team camp
Originally Posted by KYHSFB View Post
Got to be wrong, they had a nice amount of freshmen at just the passing leagues from what I recall.
wow!!!
They only had 8, 8th graders on their middle school team last year so that sounds right to me.
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:26 AM
Water Boy
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
We Hang 8 is on a distinguished road
This is the year everyone starts to realize that Greenup isnít a pretender anymore.
This Greenup team is fast and athletic.. they will easily cruise by Russell from what I saw tonight.
Send a private message to We Hang 8 Add We Hang 8 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:26 AM
Statistician
Originally Posted by We Hang 8 View Post
This is the year everyone starts to realize that Greenup isnít a pretender anymore.
This Greenup team is fast and athletic.. they will easily cruise by Russell from what I saw tonight.
Until West had their best 3 NONQB playmakers cramp out, West was clearly the better team in that game and Greenup didnít impress me. West is mostly freshman and sophomores.

West had a 17-14 lead at the half and west failed twice on the goal line to score (and I wouldnít say due to good defense, more like lack of execution). Wouldíve been a 3 score game.

I can agree that Greenup will beat Russell, but as far as contending Ashland is too good this year IMO for Greenup to take the 2 seed in their district.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:31 AM
Statistician
Liked 80 Times in 63 Posts
nekysportsfan is on a distinguished road
West Carter isn’t a bad team this year, but Greenup’s performance in the scrimmage shows that the Musketeers have a ways to go before they can compete with Ashland and maybe even Raceland. From what I saw this weekend, though, both West and Greenup will beat Russell.
Send a private message to nekysportsfan Add nekysportsfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:47 AM
Water Boy
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
BuckeyeRam is on a distinguished road
Till GC beats a Ashland or a Jc it is just same ol Greenup are they ready for that we will see I will be wishing them the best but they had a time with WC
Send a private message to BuckeyeRam Add BuckeyeRam to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football