Rate This Thread - Kentucky Football.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-05-2018, 08:06 PM
insideinfo insideinfo is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,035
Likes: 618
Liked 514 Times in 372 Posts
insideinfo is on a distinguished road
Default Kentucky Football
This years NFL draft should tell you everything about Stoops recruiting and player development. The best I remember this years senior class was suppose to Stoops best class yet.
Send a private message to insideinfo Add insideinfo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #2  
Old 05-07-2018, 09:29 AM
geauxtigers75's Avatar
geauxtigers75 geauxtigers75 is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perry County
Posts: 2,962
Likes: 376
Liked 706 Times in 501 Posts
geauxtigers75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
I've been a big Stoops supporter and I remember last year when he pretty much assured we'd have several guys drafted this season, well....Nope. With all these upperclassmen transferring and the rumors about Stoops partying, i'm a bit concerned for the long-term success of this program. Coach Brooks staff had much lower ranked prospects to work with but still has several of those guys in the NFL due to player development which just seems to be lacking with this coaching staff.
Send a private message to geauxtigers75 Add geauxtigers75 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Axel Foley Axel Foley is offline
Asst. Coach
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,583
Likes: 28
Liked 68 Times in 62 Posts
Axel Foley is on a distinguished road
Default
How can you expect to have discipline within the program when players know the Head Honcho is out carousing around?
Send a private message to Axel Foley Add Axel Foley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-09-2018, 12:51 PM
geauxtigers75's Avatar
geauxtigers75 geauxtigers75 is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perry County
Posts: 2,962
Likes: 376
Liked 706 Times in 501 Posts
geauxtigers75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Originally Posted by Axel Foley View Post
How can you expect to have discipline within the program when players know the Head Honcho is out carousing around?
This. Stoops needs to put the bottle down or keep it at his house, he has higher expectations he needs to be fulfilling. Can't be a leader if you're out-drinking the college kids you're supposed to be coaching.
Send a private message to geauxtigers75 Add geauxtigers75 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-10-2018, 09:06 PM
insideinfo insideinfo is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,035
Likes: 618
Liked 514 Times in 372 Posts
insideinfo is on a distinguished road
Default
If any of this parting stuff is true, itís time Barnhead grow a pair and send him backing before what we have built comes crashing down. If someone has to start over from scratch it will the same stuff all over again.
Send a private message to insideinfo Add insideinfo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-2018, 01:36 AM
honestjchsfan honestjchsfan is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 789
Likes: 139
Liked 223 Times in 166 Posts
honestjchsfan is on a distinguished road
Default
IMO if Stoop's doesn't win atleast 9 games this season he should be fired. He has the best RB in the SEC and a veteran O-line returning along with 9 starters on D back.
Send a private message to honestjchsfan Add honestjchsfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-30-2018, 08:24 PM
E's Army E's Army is online now
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14,355
Likes: 466
Liked 2,491 Times in 1,771 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Default
Got to have quarterback play to win in SEC. That has been sorely lacking during Stoops tenure.
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-31-2018, 12:20 PM
mantax mantax is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 371
Likes: 1
Liked 54 Times in 45 Posts
mantax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Originally Posted by E's Army View Post
Got to have quarterback play to win in SEC. That has been sorely lacking during Stoops tenure.
Has it been lacking or is it simply that he and his staff have failed in making these high level recruits successful at the collegiate level? Case in point Matt Elam and Drew Barker.
Send a private message to mantax Add mantax to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-31-2018, 12:32 PM
JustThinking JustThinking is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 32
Likes: 15
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
JustThinking is on a distinguished road
Default
Not a huge Stoops fan. QB has been a disappointment over his tenure. Maybe Wilson or Gunner can step up and deliver. Hate to keep watching them give games away.
Send a private message to JustThinking Add JustThinking to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-21-2018, 09:50 AM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 15,448
Likes: 7,439
Liked 2,812 Times in 2,208 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by insideinfo View Post
If any of this parting stuff is true, itís time Barnhead grow a pair and send him backing before what we have built comes crashing down. If someone has to start over from scratch it will the same stuff all over again.
Maybe they should send Barnhead backing. whatever that means
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-29-2018, 10:37 PM
insideinfo insideinfo is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,035
Likes: 618
Liked 514 Times in 372 Posts
insideinfo is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Maybe they should send Barnhead backing. whatever that means
All those years riding the short bus, and all they taught you was to be the grammar police on the internet.
Likes: (1)
geauxtigers75 (07-02-2018)
Send a private message to insideinfo Add insideinfo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-01-2018, 03:45 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 15,448
Likes: 7,439
Liked 2,812 Times in 2,208 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by insideinfo View Post
All those years riding the short bus, and all they taught you was to be the grammar police on the internet.

__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-05-2018, 03:41 PM
OldJacket's Avatar
OldJacket OldJacket is offline
Asst. Coach

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Williamsburg Ky
Posts: 1,601
Likes: 1,728
Liked 528 Times in 372 Posts
OldJacket is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by mantax View Post
Has it been lacking or is it simply that he and his staff have failed in making these high level recruits successful at the collegiate level? Case in point Matt Elam and Drew Barker.
Both were overrated and lacked the commitment and sacrifice it took to play at that level...I did think Elam gave them some good minutes his Sr season and if Barker doesnít get hurt maybe he gets his chance to shine, but I heard to many off season stories on both to see why things never progressed for both...
__________________
Send a private message to OldJacket Add OldJacket to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-07-2018, 01:02 AM
honestjchsfan honestjchsfan is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 789
Likes: 139
Liked 223 Times in 166 Posts
honestjchsfan is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by OldJacket View Post
Both were overrated and lacked the commitment and sacrifice it took to play at that level...I did think Elam gave them some good minutes his Sr season and if Barker doesnít get hurt maybe he gets his chance to shine, but I heard to many off season stories on both to see why things never progressed for both...
I have a friend in Alabama who subscribes to a Bama football recruiting website and he has always claimed that Bama recruited Elam to be a offensive linemen. Looking back at his UK career Elam simply played to high to be a effective NT. Judging by his size an strength, I think Elam might have made a much better interior offensive linemen. As far as Barker goes, I was at a High School game and the then Pikeville head football coach made the statement that "Baker has no chance to be a SEC level QB". The guy knew what he was talking about!
Send a private message to honestjchsfan Add honestjchsfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-07-2018, 01:25 AM
honestjchsfan honestjchsfan is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 789
Likes: 139
Liked 223 Times in 166 Posts
honestjchsfan is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by JustThinking View Post
Not a huge Stoops fan. QB has been a disappointment over his tenure. Maybe Wilson or Gunner can step up and deliver. Hate to keep watching them give games away.
Stoops gave 2 games away last year. I still don't understand the Timeout he took late in the Ole Miss game. Stoops going for 2 points in the Bowl game is another move that made very little sense to me. I will probably get ran off this website for saying that, it seems most fans are all for moves like that. To me the logical move for a coach coaching a young team was to play for OT. Stoops had the better kicker and running back on his team IMO. Plus all those OT snaps would have just been more live snaps for a young team to put under their belt. Playing a OT period on national TV win or lose is good experience for young players. I feel Stoops missed valuable teaching opportunity by going for 2 points. As a life long UK football fan it's hard to have much faith in Marks Stoops as strategic coach but I do think he has improved UK football in many areas.
Send a private message to honestjchsfan Add honestjchsfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-09-2018, 05:22 PM
Axel Foley Axel Foley is offline
Asst. Coach
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,583
Likes: 28
Liked 68 Times in 62 Posts
Axel Foley is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by honestjchsfan View Post
I have a friend in Alabama who subscribes to a Bama football recruiting website and he has always claimed that Bama recruited Elam to be a offensive linemen. Looking back at his UK career Elam simply played to high to be a effective NT. Judging by his size an strength, I think Elam might have made a much better interior offensive linemen. As far as Barker goes, I was at a High School game and the then Pikeville head football coach made the statement that "Baker has no chance to be a SEC level QB". The guy knew what he was talking about!
I said the same thing about Barker.
Send a private message to Axel Foley Add Axel Foley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Axel Foley Axel Foley is offline
Asst. Coach
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,583
Likes: 28
Liked 68 Times in 62 Posts
Axel Foley is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by honestjchsfan View Post
Stoops gave 2 games away last year. I still don't understand the Timeout he took late in the Ole Miss game. Stoops going for 2 points in the Bowl game is another move that made very little sense to me. I will probably get ran off this website for saying that, it seems most fans are all for moves like that. To me the logical move for a coach coaching a young team was to play for OT. Stoops had the better kicker and running back on his team IMO. Plus all those OT snaps would have just been more live snaps for a young team to put under their belt. Playing a OT period on national TV win or lose is good experience for young players. I feel Stoops missed valuable teaching opportunity by going for 2 points. As a life long UK football fan it's hard to have much faith in Marks Stoops as strategic coach but I do think he has improved UK football in many areas.
I agree about going for 2.
Send a private message to Axel Foley Add Axel Foley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-11-2018, 09:26 AM
OldJacket's Avatar
OldJacket OldJacket is offline
Asst. Coach

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Williamsburg Ky
Posts: 1,601
Likes: 1,728
Liked 528 Times in 372 Posts
OldJacket is on a distinguished road
Default
UK’s defense has to get better this year, the pieces should be there to have some success...
__________________
Send a private message to OldJacket Add OldJacket to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » College Sports » Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.