Rate This Thread - Bell Co @ Corbin 11/16 Region Championship.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-10-2018, 03:10 AM
BellCo18 BellCo18 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 182
Likes: 111
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
BellCo18 is on a distinguished road
Default Bell Co @ Corbin 11/16 Region Championship
Thoughts and predictions.
Send a private message to BellCo18 Add BellCo18 to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #2  
Old 11-10-2018, 03:14 AM
#55PirateFan's Avatar
#55PirateFan #55PirateFan is offline
Starter
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,207
Likes: 1,262
Liked 617 Times in 375 Posts
#55PirateFan is on a distinguished road
Default
Should be a good game. But I think Corbin wins by at least two scores. Good luck to both teams.

Corbin 35
Bell 21
Send a private message to #55PirateFan Add #55PirateFan to Your Contacts Top of page
  #3  
Old 11-10-2018, 08:45 AM
2face 2face is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 178
Likes: 0
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
2face is on a distinguished road
Default
Corbin by 28
Bell slow starts kill them
Send a private message to 2face Add 2face to Your Contacts Top of page
  #4  
Old 11-10-2018, 09:54 AM
Hound05's Avatar
Hound05 Hound05 is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Corbin, Kentucky
Posts: 2,307
Likes: 656
Liked 884 Times in 633 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Default
I think this time will be a little worse around. 40-14 Corbin.
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #5  
Old 11-10-2018, 10:39 AM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 19,131
Likes: 7,437
Liked 3,688 Times in 2,900 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Corbin 28-21. Dudley needs to hurry up and lose so he can join the Whitley County staff
__________________
Likes: (1)
Granny Bear (11-12-2018)
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page
  #6  
Old 11-10-2018, 10:40 AM
Cattleman Cattleman is offline
Equipment Manager
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 61
Likes: 1
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Cattleman is on a distinguished road
Default
I got a good friend that is a big fan of Bell, word out of there this morning is this is the best team since 08 champs. I have a very hard time believing that. The schedule has to be better than you have played to even evaluate this team. I have said it before Corbin is the only team on the schedule. Not your best team, your defense is very suspect against any competition. Corbin hasn't been tested in a while either, however I think they will beat Bell by at least 10 more points than before. Corbin wins big.
Send a private message to Cattleman Add Cattleman to Your Contacts Top of page
  #7  
Old 11-10-2018, 11:10 AM
BobcatForever's Avatar
BobcatForever BobcatForever is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 736
Likes: 976
Liked 258 Times in 161 Posts
BobcatForever is on a distinguished road
Default
I think it will be a good game I mean if you look at stats last game score was deceiving closer game than most thought but if we don't clean the penalties up going to be long night good luck to both hope it is a clean game injury free sticking with my Bobcats!!
Send a private message to BobcatForever Add BobcatForever to Your Contacts Top of page
  #8  
Old 11-10-2018, 11:25 AM
Cattleman Cattleman is offline
Equipment Manager
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 61
Likes: 1
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Cattleman is on a distinguished road
Default
Problem with stats is they don’t count. Points on the board is all that matters. I do get your point and that is why Corbin will be lazer focused this time around.
Likes: (1)
Hound05 (11-10-2018)
Send a private message to Cattleman Add Cattleman to Your Contacts Top of page
  #9  
Old 11-10-2018, 11:34 AM
FoSho FoSho is offline
Asst. Coach
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,606
Likes: 948
Liked 543 Times in 399 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
Default
Corbin - 42
Bell Co - 14
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page
  #10  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:13 PM
Patriot1 Patriot1 is offline
Starter
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,212
Likes: 1,274
Liked 666 Times in 432 Posts
Patriot1 is on a distinguished road
Default
Corbin wins, not to say anything bad about Bell but just think Corbin is a lot better team. But good luck and hope their are no injuries to any player on either team.
Likes: (1)
TheBrahmaBull (11-10-2018)
Send a private message to Patriot1 Add Patriot1 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #11  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Joe Shmo Joe Shmo is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Joe Shmo is on a distinguished road
Default
Hope to see a good competitive game. Winner of this one gets the victor of the Belfry/Boyle game, right?
Send a private message to Joe Shmo Add Joe Shmo to Your Contacts Top of page
  #12  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Warriorhawk17 Warriorhawk17 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 124
Likes: 3
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Warriorhawk17 is on a distinguished road
Default
Lets see Dudley do right run the score on this bunch?
Send a private message to Warriorhawk17 Add Warriorhawk17 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #13  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:24 PM
Rip/Spin Rip/Spin is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 385
Likes: 60
Liked 69 Times in 51 Posts
Rip/Spin is on a distinguished road
Default
Corbin 35
Bell 14

Can these teams clean up their play after the whistle this game? Hoping it's a good clean game with no injuries for either team!
Send a private message to Rip/Spin Add Rip/Spin to Your Contacts Top of page
  #14  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:36 PM
smoke1015 smoke1015 is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 962
Likes: 247
Liked 314 Times in 224 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Corbin-35
Bell-21

I see Bell figuring a way to score again, once or twice off of power, and either once or twice with their dynamic QB. But Corbin can do what Bell does, as well as effectively throw the ball, consistently. Bell can't spread you out nearly as well as Corbin, but Corbin can run power at you, if need be just as effectively as Bell. Corbin's line is better, stronger, and just "meaner", IMO. Dudley is considered an arrogant deuce on here, while I feel Haddix is a motivating deuce. :-) You can't be a perfectly nice guy and head coach football effectively anyways. My only "problem", or comic relief is when the 2 sides go to splitting hairs almost trying to explain who the "good guy" is...Probably both of them are, but in this game I pretty much say who cares about that stuff. May the best team win.
Likes: (1)
Hound05 (11-10-2018)
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #15  
Old 11-10-2018, 01:29 PM
64SUR's Avatar
64SUR 64SUR is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 23,110
Likes: 3,621
Liked 4,075 Times in 2,989 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Default

Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page
  #16  
Old 11-10-2018, 01:56 PM
BobcatForever's Avatar
BobcatForever BobcatForever is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 736
Likes: 976
Liked 258 Times in 161 Posts
BobcatForever is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by smoke1015 View Post
Corbin-35
Bell-21

I see Bell figuring a way to score again, once or twice off of power, and either once or twice with their dynamic QB. But Corbin can do what Bell does, as well as effectively throw the ball, consistently. Bell can't spread you out nearly as well as Corbin, but Corbin can run power at you, if need be just as effectively as Bell. Corbin's line is better, stronger, and just "meaner", IMO. Dudley is considered an arrogant deuce on here, while I feel Haddix is a motivating deuce. :-) You can't be a perfectly nice guy and head coach football effectively anyways. My only "problem", or comic relief is when the 2 sides go to splitting hairs almost trying to explain who the "good guy" is...Probably both of them are, but in this game I pretty much say who cares about that stuff. May the best team win.
One thing for sure smoke if we commit 167 yards in penalties again we in trouble
Send a private message to BobcatForever Add BobcatForever to Your Contacts Top of page
  #17  
Old 11-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Bigdog54 Bigdog54 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 144
Likes: 69
Liked 40 Times in 33 Posts
Bigdog54 is on a distinguished road
Default
Give me the redhounds by 28!!
Corbin is looking for another Kroger field run!
Hounds-42
Bell-14
Send a private message to Bigdog54 Add Bigdog54 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #18  
Old 11-10-2018, 08:17 PM
Hound05's Avatar
Hound05 Hound05 is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Corbin, Kentucky
Posts: 2,307
Likes: 656
Liked 884 Times in 633 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Default
Iíd almost bet the farm Corbin will mostly control their tempers in this game. Corbin- and Iím not saying I agree or disagree- has a way of getting in other teams heads. If bell doesnít control tempers, it will be a long night. Either way this game has to be more disciplined on both sides of the ball. Bell county didnít really have many sustained drives against us. They did however have 2 big plays bust open. It wasnít by luck. They just have that ability to take a broken or covered play and turn it into 6 with their QB. I have a gut feeling that #4 is going to have a long night. But all in all, bell county stopped Corbin some. But we still managed to put up 30 something on them with as crazy and slow as that game was. Which played as a big disadvantage to us. We are a fast moving offense, and it hurt. I donít think this game will be this way. Weíll try to keep the pace we want. And I still think weíll put up at least the same and maybe a little more. Bell showed on defense that they canít stop our power run. Will we center around that? I donít know?? Bell is better than they have been, largely based on two offensive players. While they are good, one very good. They alone canít beat the rest of the overall talent on the other side of the ball. Like I said, bell didnít really have to many drives on us marching down field, I think weíll do a better job shutting down the ďbig playĒ ability of bell county. This week is like past weeks somewhat, overall bell donít have the talent overall or the speed to beat the hounds IMO. So the question for me is, outside of just a horrible performance by us, will this game be a little closer for 3 qtrs like it was last time? Or will it be a bigger difference in the score? I honestly donít know. I think youíll be able to tell after the first 7 or 8 minutes. But if I had to bet, the hounds will roll with the later. Well use the game as a good stepping stone for the type of game weíll have next week, and use it to sharpen up our skills, plays, mentality
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #19  
Old 11-10-2018, 09:39 PM
BellCo18 BellCo18 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 182
Likes: 111
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
BellCo18 is on a distinguished road
Default
Corbin may win this game. But they are not good enough to win State. Last years team was much better. That will belong to Boyle Co or Belfry.
Send a private message to BellCo18 Add BellCo18 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #20  
Old 11-10-2018, 10:38 PM
BobcatForever's Avatar
BobcatForever BobcatForever is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 736
Likes: 976
Liked 258 Times in 161 Posts
BobcatForever is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
Iíd almost bet the farm Corbin will mostly control their tempers in this game. Corbin- and Iím not saying I agree or disagree- has a way of getting in other teams heads. If bell doesnít control tempers, it will be a long night. Either way this game has to be more disciplined on both sides of the ball. Bell county didnít really have many sustained drives against us. They did however have 2 big plays bust open. It wasnít by luck. They just have that ability to take a broken or covered play and turn it into 6 with their QB. I have a gut feeling that #4 is going to have a long night. But all in all, bell county stopped Corbin some. But we still managed to put up 30 something on them with as crazy and slow as that game was. Which played as a big disadvantage to us. We are a fast moving offense, and it hurt. I donít think this game will be this way. Weíll try to keep the pace we want. And I still think weíll put up at least the same and maybe a little more. Bell showed on defense that they canít stop our power run. Will we center around that? I donít know?? Bell is better than they have been, largely based on two offensive players. While they are good, one very good. They alone canít beat the rest of the overall talent on the other side of the ball. Like I said, bell didnít really have to many drives on us marching down field, I think weíll do a better job shutting down the ďbig playĒ ability of bell county. This week is like past weeks somewhat, overall bell donít have the talent overall or the speed to beat the hounds IMO. So the question for me is, outside of just a horrible performance by us, will this game be a little closer for 3 qtrs like it was last time? Or will it be a bigger difference in the score? I honestly donít know. I think youíll be able to tell after the first 7 or 8 minutes. But if I had to bet, the hounds will roll with the later. Well use the game as a good stepping stone for the type of game weíll have next week, and use it to sharpen up our skills, plays, mentality
I agree for the most part but we got some good backs that didn't play well against you all last game he let things get in his head from what I was told he is one of the best backs in 3a the frazier kid
Send a private message to BobcatForever Add BobcatForever to Your Contacts Top of page
  #21  
Old 11-10-2018, 10:41 PM
BobcatForever's Avatar
BobcatForever BobcatForever is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 736
Likes: 976
Liked 258 Times in 161 Posts
BobcatForever is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
I think this time will be a little worse around. 40-14 Corbin.
one thing we will agree on Hound is that in this one I hope refs don't dictate or take away from either team let them play to their capabilities!
Send a private message to BobcatForever Add BobcatForever to Your Contacts Top of page
  #22  
Old 11-10-2018, 11:22 PM
campbellfield campbellfield is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 218
Likes: 99
Liked 57 Times in 40 Posts
campbellfield is on a distinguished road
Default
Bell is a very good team and very well could beat us. Maybe the best team weíve played all season. We will be lucky to come out with a win in this one. Corbin should probably put in some new plays/formations and not be so one dimensional.
Send a private message to campbellfield Add campbellfield to Your Contacts Top of page
  #23  
Old 11-10-2018, 11:33 PM
BobcatForever's Avatar
BobcatForever BobcatForever is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 736
Likes: 976
Liked 258 Times in 161 Posts
BobcatForever is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by campbellfield View Post
Bell is a very good team and very well could beat us. Maybe the best team weíve played all season. We will be lucky to come out with a win in this one. Corbin should probably put in some new plays/formations and not be so one dimensional.

Send a private message to BobcatForever Add BobcatForever to Your Contacts Top of page
  #24  
Old 11-10-2018, 11:36 PM
Hound05's Avatar
Hound05 Hound05 is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Corbin, Kentucky
Posts: 2,307
Likes: 656
Liked 884 Times in 633 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by BobcatForever View Post
one thing we will agree on Hound is that in this one I hope refs don't dictate or take away from either team let them play to their capabilities!
A lot of it was on the players. Both teams. But then the refs saw an opportunity to be in the spot light and play the ďIím in controlĒ card. I will say this, as good as bell is, I think that kind of game hurt us worse. Because of the slow tempo.
Likes: (1)
BobcatForever (11-11-2018)
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #25  
Old 11-10-2018, 11:38 PM
Hound05's Avatar
Hound05 Hound05 is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Corbin, Kentucky
Posts: 2,307
Likes: 656
Liked 884 Times in 633 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by campbellfield View Post
Bell is a very good team and very well could beat us. Maybe the best team weíve played all season. We will be lucky to come out with a win in this one. Corbin should probably put in some new plays/formations and not be so one dimensional.
Hmmmm.... well that was straight out of left field. I canít tell if youíre being sarcastic and if so I donít know what for. No one from bell has really boasted. Saying it might be closer, but heck weíve said it could be worse. I wouldnít be surprised by a 14 point game nor would I be if we beat them by 30+.
Likes: (1)
BobcatForever (11-11-2018)
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #26  
Old 11-10-2018, 11:44 PM
Colts Colts is offline
Equipment Manager
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 52
Likes: 4
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Colts is on a distinguished road
Default
Corbin 42
Bell 21
Send a private message to Colts Add Colts to Your Contacts Top of page
  #27  
Old 11-11-2018, 12:19 AM
Hound05's Avatar
Hound05 Hound05 is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Corbin, Kentucky
Posts: 2,307
Likes: 656
Liked 884 Times in 633 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Corbin 42
Bell 21
Thatís very much a possibility. Although I see it being slightly lower maybe on both sides. Our D is pretty stout and hasnít gave up that much up the whole season except for MF. 35-14 was about where it was last time. But who knows other than the good lord. And we all know he rocks the red and white haha
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #28  
Old 11-11-2018, 12:20 AM
campbellfield campbellfield is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 218
Likes: 99
Liked 57 Times in 40 Posts
campbellfield is on a distinguished road
Default
Hacked by a friend. Could a mod please delete that post. Sorry.
Likes: (2)
Hound05 (11-11-2018), LauMel (11-12-2018)
Send a private message to campbellfield Add campbellfield to Your Contacts Top of page
  #29  
Old 11-11-2018, 12:23 AM
bcpc bcpc is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 857
Likes: 227
Liked 188 Times in 127 Posts
bcpc is on a distinguished road
Default
Just my prediction......
Sore Winners 49
Sore Losers 14
Haddix attempted Handshakes 3-4
Hilton attempted Handshakes 0
Haddix body guards (state funded) 0
Hilton Body guards (state funded) 2
Bell party on the C. 0
Corbin party on the C. 1
Corbin will have a missing piece back for this game. #5 will make a difference in the offense. Greer will have the D ready. Go Hounds!
Likes: (3)
Bigdog54 (11-11-2018), Bossdaddy 4115 (11-11-2018), Hound05 (11-11-2018)
Send a private message to bcpc Add bcpc to Your Contacts Top of page
  #30  
Old 11-11-2018, 12:27 AM
E's Army E's Army is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17,444
Likes: 532
Liked 2,754 Times in 1,987 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Default
Hounds by 12
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page
Closed Thread

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.