Rate This Thread - The Koran.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Beef's Avatar
Beef Beef is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals


Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 10,409
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Beef will become famous soon enoughBeef will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by TidesHoss32
and another thing genius, i said IN MY OPINION I THINK ITS A FAKE RELIGION THAT IS BASED ON KILLING..I never said it was fake in the way you said it was. I am WELL AWARE that it was created. But all of you are saying that they worship the same God as we do. That is BULLSH*T. Do Christians call their God Allah? NO, therefore it is NOT THE SAME GOD. All of you geniuses read the book of Isaiah to where it will tell you about God is the ONLY GOD. And you can try preaching all you want that they arent all extremists..Open your eyes pal, and look at whats taking place. I dont care what any of you say, we have 3000+ (and RISING) that have died because of this so called religion. And even though they are radicals, THEY ARE STILL MUSLIMS. And as far as you saying that I am uneducated, open up your HOLY BIBLE, and READ IT. So you can feel as stupid as your posts. And any of you moderators, etc that want to handle things "so much tougher than what has been said on the forum, FEEL FREE TO PM ME and handle them any way you like. At least some of us, like BFritz, Old School Dawg, etc can turn on our televisions and see whats taking place in the REAL WORLD, not this "insensitive" world that you all want to whine and complain about.
The reason that they call "their" God Allah is because that is how that it is pronounced in Arabic, thier language of choice. Both Arab Christans and Arab Jews use the word "Allah" when refering to their God.

I agree with you that they do have more extremists (or at least visible ones) but I'll get more into this later tonight or tomorrow. It is the SAME god just different beliefs about who the Savior is.

If we can keep this from getting too out of hand, this could be one of the best debates that we have ever had on BGR.
Send a private message to Beef Add Beef to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #32  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:02 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
Fritz buddy, as long as were not talking football, I agree with pretty much everything you say, lol
Originally Posted by BFritz
That's exactly what I'm asking, and thanks for pointing it out. Also, thanks for the second part, and I agree and know that many people won't have the same views as me.

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #33  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:07 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
ok ...this is my point. I have heard many "muslims" say that they reject "our" God, BECAUSE of exactly what you said. THAT is my fight. They DO NOT believe in our God BECAUSE we believe that the TRUE son of God died for us. And they dont. They believe in that whole mohammad theory. That is what I am saying. I have heard, THOUSANDS of times..If the true son of God is Jesus, then mohammad is their "savior" from THEIR God..thats what I am trying to point out..this was a point of emphasis by an inmate from the nation of islam at the prison I worked at..
Originally Posted by Beef
The reason that they call "their" God Allah is because that is how that it is pronounced in Arabic, thier language of choice. Both Arab Christans and Arab Jews use the word "Allah" when refering to their God.

I agree with you that they do have more extremists (or at least visible ones) but I'll get more into this later tonight or tomorrow. It is the SAME god just different beliefs about who the Savior is.

If we can keep this from getting too out of hand, this could be one of the best debates that we have ever had on BGR.

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #34  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TidesHoss32
and another thing genius, i said IN MY OPINION I THINK ITS A FAKE RELIGION THAT IS BASED ON KILLING..I never said it was fake in the way you said it was. I am WELL AWARE that it was created. But all of you are saying that they worship the same God as we do. That is BULLSH*T. Do Christians call their God Allah? NO, therefore it is NOT THE SAME GOD. All of you geniuses read the book of Isaiah to where it will tell you about God is the ONLY GOD. And you can try preaching all you want that they arent all extremists..Open your eyes pal, and look at whats taking place. I dont care what any of you say, we have 3000+ (and RISING) that have died because of this so called religion. And even though they are radicals, THEY ARE STILL MUSLIMS. And as far as you saying that I am uneducated, open up your HOLY BIBLE, and READ IT. So you can feel as stupid as your posts. And any of you moderators, etc that want to handle things "so much tougher than what has been said on the forum, FEEL FREE TO PM ME and handle them any way you like. At least some of us, like BFritz, Old School Dawg, etc can turn on our televisions and see whats taking place in the REAL WORLD, not this "insensitive" world that you all want to whine and complain about.
Because it's not the same God doesn't make it wrong. Why can you not see that? Who's to say what religion is right and which is wrong. The Koran was written by Allah who claimed to be a messenger of God. It has fallacies but so does the Bible. The Bible was written much like the Koran by people who had experiences with Jesus who claimed to be a messenger of God.

How do we know which is right and which is wrong anyways? Who's to say everything in the bible is 100% fact?

Adam, Enoch, Noah, Heber, Shelah, Abraham, Lot, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Jethro, David, Solomon, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Aaron, Moses, Zechariah, Jesus, and John the Baptist are mentioned in the Qur'an as prophets of God.

Like I said, the Koran and Islam religion preaches the 5 Pillars which are faith, prayer, obligatory almsgiving, fasting, and the Pilgrimage to Mecca. Most stick to these, and not what is believed to be the 6th which includes violence and destruction of non-believers.

Do you not understand that Islam DOES believe in God and simply states that Allah is just the term they refer to him as? Muhammad simply stated he was a messenger of God, very similar to Jesus.

My eyes are open. I've not been sheltered my whole life to call any other religion fake despite if I may have differences with it or not. A religion founded on belief of a God is a real relgion, and despite Islams' differences it is anything but fake. It was founded around 400 years after Christianity was preached by Jesus, and to insult people for their beliefs is no different than what radical muslims do by insulting ours.

3000 soldiers dead? I think our soldiers have killed quite a bit more than 3,000 innocent Muslims in Iraq who want nothing to do with this war.
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #35  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Qur'an 17:23
Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him . . .

Exodus 20:3
You shall have no other gods before Me
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #36  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Qur'an 7:180
And Allah's are the best names, therefore call on Him thereby, and leave alone those who violate the sanctity of His names; they shall be requited for what they did.

Exodus 20:7
You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

Qur'an 17:33
Nor take life which Allah has made sacred . . .

Exodus 20:13
You shall not kill

Qur'an 17:32
Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils). '

Exodus 20:14
You shall not commit Adultery
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #37  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Advance Eagles's Avatar
Advance Eagles Advance Eagles is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In a van down by the River
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Advance Eagles is on a distinguished road
Default
From a Red Devils point of view, as my pastor said during F-Ball season." The Devil is real we should all be affraid."

Just something to say to lighten you guys up.
Send a private message to Advance Eagles Add Advance Eagles to Your Contacts Top of page
  #38  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Similarities

-In both religions, God is considered the Ultimate creator of the Universe.
-In both religions, God has a master/servant relationship
-Have similar eschatology (pertaining to the last days or the end of the world) -- this world will come to an end someday and no-one knows when.
-A figure referred to as Satan or Antichrist (dajjal) (a figure of evil) will be defeated at the end of the world.
-After the world has ended, God will judge humans, based on their actions in compliance with a moral code, specified in the Covenant which God makes with us.
-This judgment will determine one's eternal abode, heaven or **** (bliss or punishment).
-Humans have the ability (free will) to choose between good and evil (obeying or disobeying God, complying with the moral code of the Covenant or transgressing).
-Satan (shaitan) exists, as well as evil spirits who follow him; they are the enemies of humanity.
-If a person errs or transgresses, God may forgive them, if they sincerely repent.
-Prophets brought spiritual instruction.
-There are similarities between the Quranic and biblical version of many stories, such as Adam and Eve, Moses and the children of Israel, etc.
-At the time of the end of the world, Jesus Christ will come again.
-Jesus Christ was born to the virgin Mary.
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #39  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:24 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
the first sentence of your nonsense is all I read and I needed not to go further...and another thing...THE TRUE SON OF GOD WAS JESUS. How can that be the same God that we (or at least I do anyways) believe in? Because IT ISNT. How can it be??? And another thing, as far as the comment you made about our soldiers. That is pathetic. You are pathetic. If it wasnt for OUR SOLDIERS protecting them, that whole country would be buried, and you know it. So allow ME to apologize for them not being "perfect" in engaging in warfare. And ill apologize to THEM for YOUR ignorance. I despise people like you. I really do. But that was an absolutely waste of time, what you just posted. You seem to forget, that although ALL of them (may allah bless their hearts) may not use violence, that the good **** majority have done a lot of damage to the entire world. So you can quit wasting your useless time telling me that "they arent all bad". Your probably right, although I refuse to believe any of it. Because I have had six friends to die in that cause to keep the "good muslims" from being SLAUGHTERED by the "bad" muslims. Wanna know the amazing thing about that? THEY ARE ALL MUSLIMS! And dont go saying "how do we know" if the Bible is right? How do we know? You believe what you believe, but Ill go right ahead and believe the truth.
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
Because it's not the same God doesn't make it wrong. Why can you not see that? Who's to say what religion is right and which is wrong. The Koran was written by Allah who claimed to be a messenger of God. It has fallacies but so does the Bible. The Bible was written much like the Koran by people who had experiences with Jesus who claimed to be a messenger of God.

How do we know which is right and which is wrong anyways? Who's to say everything in the bible is 100% fact?

Adam, Enoch, Noah, Heber, Shelah, Abraham, Lot, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Jethro, David, Solomon, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Aaron, Moses, Zechariah, Jesus, and John the Baptist are mentioned in the Qur'an as prophets of God.

Like I said, the Koran and Islam religion preaches the 5 Pillars which are faith, prayer, obligatory almsgiving, fasting, and the Pilgrimage to Mecca. Most stick to these, and not what is believed to be the 6th which includes violence and destruction of non-believers.

Do you not understand that Islam DOES believe in God and simply states that Allah is just the term they refer to him as? Muhammad simply stated he was a messenger of God, very similar to Jesus.

My eyes are open. I've not been sheltered my whole life to call any other religion fake despite if I may have differences with it or not. A religion founded on belief of a God is a real relgion, and despite Islams' differences it is anything but fake. It was founded around 400 years after Christianity was preached by Jesus, and to insult people for their beliefs is no different than what radical muslims do by insulting ours.

3000 soldiers dead? I think our soldiers have killed quite a bit more than 3,000 innocent Muslims in Iraq who want nothing to do with this war.

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #40  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TidesHoss32
. Dont care one thing about that punka$$ allah,.
You don't care one thing about God?
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #41  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TidesHoss32
the first sentence of your nonsense is all I read and I needed not to go further...and another thing...THE TRUE SON OF GOD WAS JESUS. How can that be the same God that we (or at least I do anyways) believe in? Because IT ISNT. How can it be??? And another thing, as far as the comment you made about our soldiers. That is pathetic. You are pathetic. If it wasnt for OUR SOLDIERS protecting them, that whole country would be buried, and you know it. So allow ME to apologize for them not being "perfect" in engaging in warfare. And ill apologize to THEM for YOUR ignorance. I despise people like you. I really do. But that was an absolutely waste of time, what you just posted. You seem to forget, that although ALL of them (may allah bless their hearts) may not use violence, that the good **** majority have done a lot of damage to the entire world. So you can quit wasting your useless time telling me that "they arent all bad". Your probably right, although I refuse to believe any of it. Because I have had six friends to die in that cause to keep the "good muslims" from being SLAUGHTERED by the "bad" muslims. Wanna know the amazing thing about that? THEY ARE ALL MUSLIMS! And dont go saying "how do we know" if the Bible is right? How do we know? You believe what you believe, but Ill go right ahead and believe the truth.
I understand why you didn't read it. It's too much for your brain to handle. Simple as that.

They believed Jesus was a prophet of God. That is not difference enough to make you go on the craziest, most insane, and ridiculous post I've ever seen on here. You called their religion fake. It's based on the belief of the same God we believe in. They just believe Jesus was a messenger much like Muhammad.

This religion doesn't claim to have a SON OF GOD as you keep saying, but just a prophet that preached similar things as Jesus.

You just said "Believe what you believe" It's no different than these people thinking their belief is the truth. How do you know what you believe in is the truth.

Also, there is no need to get personal in this discussion. If you can't handle it more maturely than you are then maybe you should leave the thread, because you're not only making a mockery of yourself but this thread that people may want to act civil in as well.
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #42  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:31 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
all I know is that they are killing our soldiers, sawing the heads off of innocent people (like the cowards they are), and flying planes into occupied buildings so they can go be with 72 virgins (although Im sure somebody will rewrite it next week and make it an even 100) in their so called Heaven. Which just cracks me the **** up.
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
Similarities

-In both religions, God is considered the Ultimate creator of the Universe.
-In both religions, God has a master/servant relationship
-Have similar eschatology (pertaining to the last days or the end of the world) -- this world will come to an end someday and no-one knows when.
-A figure referred to as Satan or Antichrist (dajjal) (a figure of evil) will be defeated at the end of the world.
-After the world has ended, God will judge humans, based on their actions in compliance with a moral code, specified in the Covenant which God makes with us.
-This judgment will determine one's eternal abode, heaven or **** (bliss or punishment).
-Humans have the ability (free will) to choose between good and evil (obeying or disobeying God, complying with the moral code of the Covenant or transgressing).
-Satan (shaitan) exists, as well as evil spirits who follow him; they are the enemies of humanity.
-If a person errs or transgresses, God may forgive them, if they sincerely repent.
-Prophets brought spiritual instruction.
-There are similarities between the Quranic and biblical version of many stories, such as Adam and Eve, Moses and the children of Israel, etc.
-At the time of the end of the world, Jesus Christ will come again.
-Jesus Christ was born to the virgin Mary.

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #43  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Midee1's Avatar
Midee1 Midee1 is offline
Administrator



Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Flatwoods, Ky
Posts: 6,945
Likes: 3
Liked 74 Times in 48 Posts
Midee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Midee1
Default
Guys this is a good heated debate. Please keep all of the petty name calling out of it. You all can debate without resorting to name calling to get your point across.
Send a private message to Midee1 Add Midee1 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #44  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TidesHoss32
all I know is that they are killing our soldiers, sawing the heads off of innocent people (like the cowards they are), and flying planes into occupied buildings so they can go be with 72 virgins (although Im sure somebody will rewrite it and make it an even 100) in their so called Heaven. Which just cracks me the **** up.
That is right. That is all you know, and it shows.

America has never killed any innocent people though right? America has a higher murder rate than the rest of the World combined, and has a dark history just like the rest of the World today.

I'm not telling you to believe in the word of Islam. That is not the point. The point I was trying to make is that because you don't believe in a religion gives you no right to completely destroy it. You obviously knew nothing about it until I began posting in this thread and it showed brightly in your first "intriguing" post in this thread.

You called it fake, and I called you out on it, and you can't explain in a LOGICAL manner how it is fake when it is based on belief of the same God and has so many similarities, and believed to be written by a Messenger of the same God we believe in.
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #45  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:37 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
I would LOVE to see you get me off of this thread. My opinions are strong. And by you saying that our soldiers have killed more than 3000 innocent people in Iraq in the way you said it, you are by God making this personal. And as far as my crazy, insane, ridiculous posts, your **** right they are. But I believe in the truth. And thats not ridiculous. I am handling this very maturely, but when your talking to someone oh, such as yourself, its very hard NOT to get bent out of shape.
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
I understand why you didn't read it. It's too much for your brain to handle. Simple as that.

They believed Jesus was a prophet of God. That is not difference enough to make you go on the craziest, most insane, and ridiculous post I've ever seen on here. You called their religion fake. It's based on the belief of the same God we believe in. They just believe Jesus was a messenger much like Muhammad.

This religion doesn't claim to have a SON OF GOD as you keep saying, but just a prophet that preached similar things as Jesus.

You just said "Believe what you believe" It's no different than these people thinking their belief is the truth. How do you know what you believe in is the truth.

Also, there is no need to get personal in this discussion. If you can't handle it more maturely than you are then maybe you should leave the thread, because you're not only making a mockery of yourself but this thread that people may want to act civil in as well.

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #46  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:39 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
I said IN MY OPINION...GO READ THE **** POST AGAIN. And ill say it again, IN MY OPINION, IT IS A RELIGION BASED ON KILLING.
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
That is right. That is all you know, and it shows.

America has never killed any innocent people though right? America has a higher murder rate than the rest of the World combined, and has a dark history just like the rest of the World today.

I'm not telling you to believe in the word of Islam. That is not the point. The point I was trying to make is that because you don't believe in a religion gives you no right to completely destroy it. You obviously knew nothing about it until I began posting in this thread and it showed brightly in your first "intriguing" post in this thread.

You called it fake, and I called you out on it, and you can't explain in a LOGICAL manner how it is fake when it is based on belief of the same God and has so many similarities, and believed to be written by a Messenger of the same God we believe in.

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #47  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Islam is not radical by simply reading the scripture of the Koran, but many Muslims have interpreted Islam in a totally corrupted way to serve their political and social agendas. Much like the current Westboro Church who shines a bad light on the Christian Religion.
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #48  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
so that whole 6th pillar thing is just something that dont exist? (see Middle East for more information)
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
Islam is not radical by simply reading the scripture of the Koran, but many Muslims have interpreted Islam in a totally corrupted way to serve their political and social agendas. Much like the current Westboro Church who shines a bad light on the Christian Religion.

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #49  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
I care about MY GOD
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
You don't care one thing about God?

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #50  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
read the 4th paragraph of your own post...MOST dont, right? Thats why the biggest war in the **** world taking place right now is being fought. Because of THOSE THAT DO.
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
Because it's not the same God doesn't make it wrong. Why can you not see that? Who's to say what religion is right and which is wrong. The Koran was written by Allah who claimed to be a messenger of God. It has fallacies but so does the Bible. The Bible was written much like the Koran by people who had experiences with Jesus who claimed to be a messenger of God.

How do we know which is right and which is wrong anyways? Who's to say everything in the bible is 100% fact?

Adam, Enoch, Noah, Heber, Shelah, Abraham, Lot, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Jethro, David, Solomon, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Aaron, Moses, Zechariah, Jesus, and John the Baptist are mentioned in the Qur'an as prophets of God.

Like I said, the Koran and Islam religion preaches the 5 Pillars which are faith, prayer, obligatory almsgiving, fasting, and the Pilgrimage to Mecca. Most stick to these, and not what is believed to be the 6th which includes violence and destruction of non-believers.

Do you not understand that Islam DOES believe in God and simply states that Allah is just the term they refer to him as? Muhammad simply stated he was a messenger of God, very similar to Jesus.

My eyes are open. I've not been sheltered my whole life to call any other religion fake despite if I may have differences with it or not. A religion founded on belief of a God is a real relgion, and despite Islams' differences it is anything but fake. It was founded around 400 years after Christianity was preached by Jesus, and to insult people for their beliefs is no different than what radical muslims do by insulting ours.

3000 soldiers dead? I think our soldiers have killed quite a bit more than 3,000 innocent Muslims in Iraq who want nothing to do with this war.

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #51  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TidesHoss32
I would LOVE to see you get me off of this thread. My opinions are strong. And by you saying that our soldiers have killed more than 3000 innocent people in Iraq in the way you said it, you are by God making this personal. And as far as my crazy, insane, ridiculous posts, your **** right they are. But I believe in the truth. And thats not ridiculous. I am handling this very maturely, but when your talking to someone oh, such as yourself, its very hard NOT to get bent out of shape.
How did I make this personal? It was a similar comparison in my opinion that America based on Christianity has killed more Muslims than they have killed us. Once again, how do you know what you believe in is the truth. Please enlighten me.

Originally Posted by TidesHoss32
I said IN MY OPINION...GO READ THE **** POST AGAIN. And ill say it again, IN MY OPINION, IT IS A RELIGION BASED ON KILLING.
It is not based on killing. I honestly have no clue where you are getting this from. There are radical Muslims much like there are radical Christians who take things out of context to make it appear bad, but there is no such religion as Radical Islam that preaches killings.

Regrettably, many terrorists groups have used the name Islam to promote their cause and this gave many non-Muslims a chance to asperse Islam and label the Muslims as terrorists. Deliberately ignored on the other hand, are terrorists who happen to be Christians or Jews.

What about the terrorist attacks on Bosnia done by Christians to promote their agendas? How do you feel about those?

Or what about the Jewish terrorists attacks in Lebanon, Israel, and Palestine that is derived from Judaism.

Does that mean it's fake?
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #52  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TidesHoss32
I care about MY GOD
Why don't you understand they believe in the same God as Christians?
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #53  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
The Quran is very clear that the believers must defend themselves but never to aggress. It is true that Islam (Submission) calls for the followers to be strong. This call however is to use the strength to secure peace, provide freedom for the society and the country but never to agress unless agressed upon.

What do you expect these Muslims in Iraq to do? Sit back and let their country be taken away from them because of an attack they had nothing to do with?

The 9/11 attacks were from terrorists who were pushed to believe by Bin Laden that religion was the key reason in doing so when in reality in was to help his political and social agendas and problems he has had with a country that has threatened his beliefs for years.
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #54  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:48 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
because the Christian Son of God was Jesus, and He died for us (well, me anyways)..
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
Why don't you understand they believe in the same God as Christians?

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #55  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TidesHoss32
because the Christian Son of God was Jesus, and He died for us (well, me anyways)..
Because they believe Jesus was a messenger like Muhammad, but yet the same God is believed to have preached to Muhammad, it's all together fake and not a real belief?
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #56  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:54 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
ok, for one, WE ARE FIGHTING FOR THOSE MUSLIMS that would get slaughtered by insurgents and terrorists So by saying that "what are these muslims in Iraq to do? We arent attacking THOSE MUSLIMS, we are attacking those terrorists, insurgents, etc..And FYI, those "horrible American soldier butchers" that have fought for your sorry ***, are attempting to train the Iraqis, and trying to stabilize the **** country. Not killing innocent muslims. Where are you getting that from???????
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
The Quran is very clear that the believers must defend themselves but never to aggress. It is true that Islam (Submission) calls for the followers to be strong. This call however is to use the strength to secure peace, provide freedom for the society and the country but never to agress unless agressed upon.

What do you expect these Muslims in Iraq to do? Sit back and let their country be taken away from them because of an attack they had nothing to do with?

The 9/11 attacks were from terrorists who were pushed to believe by Bin Laden that religion was the key reason in doing so when in reality in was to help his political and social agendas and problems he has had with a country that has threatened his beliefs for years.

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #57  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:55 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
listen...it CANNOT BE THE SAME GOD if there are different beliefs. How is it the same God??? Jesus was the SON OF GOD. Not JUST a messenger.
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
Because they believe Jesus was a messenger like Muhammad, but yet the same God is believed to have preached to Muhammad, it's all together fake and not a real belief?

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #58  
Old 02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TidesHoss32
ok, for one, WE ARE FIGHTING FOR THOSE MUSLIMS that would get slaughtered by insurgents and terrorists So by saying that "what are these muslims in Iraq to do? We arent attacking THOSE MUSLIMS, we are attacking those terrorists, insurgents, etc..And FYI, those "horrible American soldier butchers" that have fought for your sorry ***, are attempting to train the Iraqis, and trying to stabilize the **** country. Not killing innocent muslims. Where are you getting that from???????
I'm glad you've bought into everything you're being told. Why would we have not went and fought for those Muslims before 9/11 since that's what you believe? It's not our country to stabilize. It wasn't in great shape before but it's an absolute mess now. I never called soldiers horrible butchers so don't put words in my mouth. I simply stated there is no difference in a country based on Christianity killing thousands of Innocent people in their country as an attack by Muslims with an agenda on our country. They all have the right to fight back, radical or not.

Originally Posted by TidesHoss32
listen...it CANNOT BE THE SAME GOD if there are different beliefs. How is it the same God??? Jesus was the SON OF GOD. Not JUST a messenger.
Yes it can. Just because they have a different view than Jesus doesn't mean they're not preaching the same God. They believed Jesus was a messenger, and Muhammad was a messenger, FROM THE SAME GOD. Just because of their difference in opinion on the matter doesn't mean they don't worship the same God.

It also doesn't mean it's fake, nor that they are stupid for believing it.
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
  #59  
Old 02-26-2007, 04:12 PM
TidesHoss32's Avatar
TidesHoss32 TidesHoss32 is offline
Proud American


Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jenkins
Posts: 6,290
Likes: 558
Liked 272 Times in 184 Posts
TidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really niceTidesHoss32 is just really nice
Default
3000 soldiers dead? I think our soldiers have killed quite a bit more than 3,000 innocent Muslims in Iraq who want nothing to do with this war........that was what you wrote. So what exactly did you mean by that? SO your saying our soldiers have killed more than 3000 innocent civilians? Those Iraqis your talking about, the ones that are fighting against our boys, do you support them? Because from what I am reading, you do. You said radical or not, have the right to fight back. So do you support the insurgent cause? Since that is what you wrote. Thats not putting words in your mouth. That is what you wrote. And you go ahead and believe they worship the same God, you or no one else will ever convince me of it. I have spoken to pastors, and they too, will tell you that is NOT the same God. OK, Ill give you the part where there are a "few" similarities. But thats like saying that me and you are similar because we wake up in the morning.
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
I'm glad you've bought into everything you're being told. Why would we have not went and fought for those Muslims before 9/11 since that's what you believe? It's not our country to stabilize. It wasn't in great shape before but it's an absolute mess now. I never called soldiers horrible butchers so don't put words in my mouth. I simply stated there is no difference in a country based on Christianity killing thousands of Innocent people in their country as an attack by Muslims with an agenda on our country. They all have the right to fight back, radical or not.



Yes it can. Just because they have a different view than Jesus doesn't mean they're not preaching the same God. They believed Jesus was a messenger, and Muhammad was a messenger, FROM THE SAME GOD. Just because of their difference in opinion on the matter doesn't mean they don't worship the same God.

It also doesn't mean it's fake, nor that they are stupid for believing it.

Send a private message to TidesHoss32 Add TidesHoss32 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #60  
Old 02-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Disco Stu's Avatar
Disco Stu Disco Stu is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 57th District
Posts: 215
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Disco Stu is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TidesHoss32
3000 soldiers dead? I think our soldiers have killed quite a bit more than 3,000 innocent Muslims in Iraq who want nothing to do with this war........that was what you wrote. So what exactly did you mean by that? SO your saying our soldiers have killed more than 3000 innocent civilians? Those Iraqis your talking about, the ones that are fighting against our boys, do you support them? Because from what I am reading, you do. You said radical or not, have the right to fight back. So do you support the insurgent cause? Since that is what you wrote. Thats not putting words in your mouth. That is what you wrote. And you go ahead and believe they worship the same God, you or no one else will ever convince me of it. I have spoken to pastors, and they too, will tell you that is NOT the same God. OK, Ill give you the part where there are a "few" similarities. But thats like saying that me and you are similar because we wake up in the morning.
I'm not talking about US Soldiers only killing the ones who fight back. I'm talking about the ones killed in the line of fire who have nothing to do with this. I won't get into the issue of this war anymore because I am 100% against it, and I do support the troops despite the fact I disagree with most of what they're doing. That argument is for another thread.

If you're not going to be convinced that's fine. But it's unfortunate that some people won't at least let theirselves open up for a topic because of stubbornness. I'm sure pastors have told you that. Are they supposed to support other religions or bring in people to their own?

I won't judge Muslims or their religion and I won't bash it or call it fake. I once heard that we're not supposed to judge people based on anything, and it's quite ironic to me that someone preaching Christianity so hard would be the one doing the judging.
Send a private message to Disco Stu Add Disco Stu to Your Contacts Top of page
Closed Thread

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Politics and Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.