Rate This Thread - TaxSlayer Bowl Rings.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:04 PM

Liked 810 Times in 637 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Default TaxSlayer Bowl Rings
I don't know if any of you all saw or not, but our football team received bowl rings for the Taxslayer Bowl. What is your alls opinion on this? I personally am not a fan because to me it gives us a bad look at a program that's looking to gain some respect. It is kind of like a participation trophy.

But I don't know though, they may always give out rings for just making the bowl game.

Just wanted to get your alls opinions
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:50 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Liked 1,938 Times in 1,328 Posts
Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
From where our program was only a few short years ago.... to where it's at now, it feels like we've started over. This game vs. Vanderbilt was TERRIBLE!!!!! Our program was dead in the water.

Fast forward a few years, we are 7-5 and going to a New Years Eve bowl game. We beat the Heisman Trophy winner on his home field and had more fans at stadium than when the team arrived what was at the Vandy game shown above.

Other schools get their teams rings for making a Bowl game. Our basketball team gets rings for making it to the Final 4. Why not football? Their not big and flashy like a National Championship ring would be, but they were #EarnedNotGiven

2016 Class 4A State Champions!!!!!
JOHNSON CENTRAL GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!!!!
Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:55 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
These rings celebrate winning the Governor's Cup (an actual trophy) over U of L as well as making it to a Bowl game.

Did anybody see Lamar Jackson do the Heisman pose in the UK vs. U of L game???

Did anybody see Lamar Jackson fumble???

Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:43 PM

Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
^I guess I see what you are saying with getting them trophies for making the bowl game. But do others programs do that?
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:51 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Yes.... I'll attach some pics later of other programs that have done the same thing.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
Yes.... I'll attach some pics later of other programs that have done the same thing.
Thanks
Old 04-19-2017, 12:59 PM
"Based on a True Story"

From Kentucky Sports Radio's website.

This Loserville's 2015 Music City Bowl ring.

This is Florida State's 2015 Bowl ring.

Beating Loserville was our Bowl Game win. Loosing 5 straight games and seeing our program in the dumps.... then seeing our program back to beat what was at point in the season the #2 team in the Nation on their field and with a Heisman trophy winning QB. The TaxSlayer bowl was an exhibition and gave our fans a chance to party in Florida on New Years Eve.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:16 PM
Head Coach
Liked 513 Times in 371 Posts
insideinfo is on a distinguished road
Are things so bad, we are now celebrating mediocracy. For beating Louisville and losing a bowl game. Start with we should expect to beat Louisville every time we take the field, and in all honestly we should beat them at least 80% of the time. I'm all for giving rings after a bowl win, but after getting hammered the only thing you should be worried about is a long bus ride home.
Send a private message to insideinfo Add insideinfo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:12 PM

Does our basketball program players receive rings for final fours?
Old 04-19-2017, 11:13 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Originally Posted by Spud6 View Post
Does our basketball program players receive rings for final fours?
Yes.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:59 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SportsFan67 is on a distinguished road
I think making it to the Final Four is a lot more deserving of a ring than losing the Tax Slayer Bowl.
Send a private message to SportsFan67 Add SportsFan67 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by SportsFan67 View Post
I think making it to the Final Four is a lot more deserving of a ring than losing the Tax Slayer Bowl.
I agree but I was asking that just to get a sense of what the basketball team deems as deserving of a ring with its rich history.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:10 PM
MOD

Liked 7,809 Times in 5,391 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
IMHO rings should only be given to national champions.
Not conference champs, not toilet bowl Champs (especially when you lose), and def. Not for one regular season game.
It doesn't matter how many schools also do it.
This just looks retarded.
Jarons (04-21-2017)
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:28 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 562 Times in 397 Posts
Jarons will become famous soon enoughJarons will become famous soon enough
Who really wants a ring from a mid tier at best bowl that you lost?

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » College Sports » Football