Rate This Thread - Proposal to End Spring Practice.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:25 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
BCHSrebs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HCS View Post
We've got the dead period. That's enough time away. The kids are lazy enough already. Staying active is good for them.
And during the dead period, you will still find our kids putting in their own work together. Not all, but some. That is what they have chosen to do on their own. No coaches, no adults just them. Why because they have their goals and are driven and want to reach them. Nobody forcing them it's just who they are and the passion inside. I'm proud of them and the work they put in and WANT to. Football can go away in a heartbeat but that drive will last them a lifetime.
Explorer (02-28-2018)
Send a private message to BCHSrebs Add BCHSrebs to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:05 PM
2nd String
Liked 163 Times in 130 Posts
PRIDE101 is on a distinguished road
I think the dead period is for coaches to stay away and not kids doing work. It was put in place because of Coaches that stayed in kids face with 24/7 of their sport.
Send a private message to PRIDE101 Add PRIDE101 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:10 PM
Equipment Manager
Originally Posted by PRIDE101 View Post
I think the dead period is for coaches to stay away and not kids doing work. It was put in place because of Coaches that stayed in kids face with 24/7 of their sport.
But if the kids want to and take it on themselves without the coaches, why would I as a dad get in the way of my kid doing what he loves? I don't and never have forced him to do anything in football. I've always asked what he wanted to do and from there and his decision all I do is encourage. I learned years ago I'm just there to be dad and encourage. Coaches can get on em. Not my job when it comes to football.
Gitback Coach (03-01-2018)
Send a private message to BCHSrebs Add BCHSrebs to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:12 PM
Equipment Manager
Pride, TOTALLY misread your post, sorry!!! I agree with ya!
Old 02-27-2018, 10:24 PM
2nd String
Liked 163 Times in 130 Posts
PRIDE101 is on a distinguished road
I agree I am all for kids working on whatever. Just keep Coaches away so it can be fun. Lol
BCHSrebs (02-27-2018)
Send a private message to PRIDE101 Add PRIDE101 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:43 PM
Equipment Manager
I agree I am all for kids working on whatever. Just keep Coaches away so it can be fun. Lol
And what they want to work on when they want to. To me it's not so much them working but the bond they are building and making stronger. Not only as teammates but building life long friendships. I am mid 40s and still talk to a guy I not onky played soccer with at age 10 and with and against through life at least once a week. Driven to visit him in Chicago and driven to visit him in Philly. Sports builds relationships that never go away and are lifelong.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:21 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,812 Times in 2,208 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
I'll agree for once, but don't get used to it.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:29 PM
Equipment Manager
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
I'll agree for once, but don't get used to it.
Each and every day brings something new.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:16 AM
Statistician
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts
Explorer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BCHSrebs View Post
But if the kids want to and take it on themselves without the coaches, why would I as a dad get in the way of my kid doing what he loves? I don't and never have forced him to do anything in football. I've always asked what he wanted to do and from there and his decision all I do is encourage. I learned years ago I'm just there to be dad and encourage. Coaches can get on em. Not my job when it comes to football.
It would be great if all dads had this mentality.

Thank you for having this approach.
Send a private message to Explorer Add Explorer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:40 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 398 Times in 293 Posts
RAM-A-DEVIL is on a distinguished road
Get rid of it!
Send a private message to RAM-A-DEVIL Add RAM-A-DEVIL to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football