Rate This Thread - Belfry 2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:38 PM
Scout Team
Liked 91 Times in 65 Posts
irishcard16 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by tvhs-25 View Post
Belfry will probably never agree to play MC, they have to much to lose. Everyone in this area is so convinced that Belfry is 40+ points better than everyone else each year, but that is certainly not the case. Yes, 2 or 3 years ago when they had that dominating group of lineman they would have killed everyone within 60 miles of them. But now not so much, I watched both teams play this past year and it would have been very competitive. Mingo's offense was much better than Belfry's but Belfry had a better defense. Would love to see this game happen but Belfry won't because of what would happen if they were to lose, everyone around here would start praising MC instead of them. Plus it would also hurt them in terms of the WV boys that they get, if Mingo were to win they may decide to play at home instead of jumping the river
Thatís funny because I watched both teams also. I would compare MC to just a slight step above Pike Central and Lawrence Co. mostly comparable to Lawrence Co. if you watched both teams play and have this opinion you are dillusional and just want to confirm your own beliefs. Heck maybe Pikeville is scared to play Tug Valley too. Why stop with with one crazy hair brained idea. Huntington or Spring Valley gonna come win the 6a state title and defeat St X and Trinity too while we are at it?
OutlawJoseyWales (12-07-2017)
Send a private message to irishcard16 Add irishcard16 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:43 PM
Scout Team
Liked 91 Times in 65 Posts
irishcard16 will become famous soon enough
[QUOTE=irishcard16;2110529]Thatís funny because I watched both teams also. I would compare MC to just a slight step above Pike Central and Lawrence Co. mostly comparable to Lawrence Co. if you watched both teams play and have this opinion you are dillusional and just want to confirm your own beliefs. Heck maybe Pikeville is scared to play Tug Valley too. Why stop with with one crazy hair brained idea. Huntington or Spring Valley gonna come win the 6a state title and defeat St X and Trinity too while we are at it

Belfry has no need to schedule MC because there is no benefit from it, why do you think they are scheduling AAA schools out of WV? But theyíre scared right?
OutlawJoseyWales (12-07-2017)
Send a private message to irishcard16 Add irishcard16 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
tvhs-25 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by irishcard16 View Post
Thatís funny because I watched both teams also. I would compare MC to just a slight step above Pike Central and Lawrence Co. mostly comparable to Lawrence Co. if you watched both teams play and have this opinion you are dillusional and just want to confirm your own beliefs. Heck maybe Pikeville is scared to play Tug Valley too. Why stop with with one crazy hair brained idea. Huntington or Spring Valley gonna come win the 6a state title and defeat St X and Trinity too while we are at it?
If you would put MC slightly above Pike central you have no knowledge of Football. Tug beat pike central in a pre season scrimmage and I can promise Mingo is much better than Tug. And to say I'm biased against Belfry is also false because I have took up for them on this forum multiple times. I stated something that everyone around here knows but you Belfry fans are just to arrogant to admit it. Mingo would have the best offensive player on the field (Dillon) and Belfry would have the best defensive player (Wellman). It would be a great game to watch. And btw Martinsburg would give any 6A team in Ky all they could handle, after that the gap drops. Martinsburg is the only team in WV that could play with the good 6A teams in KY.
MCMiner247 (12-08-2017)
Send a private message to tvhs-25 Add tvhs-25 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Statistician
Liked 80 Times in 56 Posts
The Spread is on a distinguished road
Belfry will probably never agree to play MC, they have to much to lose. Everyone in this area is so convinced that Belfry is 40+ points better than everyone else each year, but that is certainly not the case. Yes, 2 or 3 years ago when they had that dominating group of lineman they would have killed everyone within 60 miles of them. But now not so much, I watched both teams play this past year and it would have been very competitive. Mingo's offense was much better than Belfry's but Belfry had a better defense. Would love to see this game happen but Belfry won't because of what would happen if they were to lose, everyone around here would start praising MC instead of them. Plus it would also hurt them in terms of the WV boys that they get, if Mingo were to win they may decide to play at home instead of jumping the river
You'll get banned if you keep talking like that. All Belfrys players come from Belfry and Belfry only. Regardless how many cars at Cam stadium are registered in WV. Lol
tvhs-25 (12-13-2017)
Send a private message to The Spread Add The Spread to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Statistician
Liked 65 Times in 44 Posts
Hurricane Storm is on a distinguished road
There is merit to the "nothing to gain, everything to lose" chain of thought, but I don't believe the ones that make the decisions to play take that into consideration. However, I do believe there was absolutely, no possible, zero chance, ever, of the two teams getting together while MC had the past staff. MC was quite successful with that staff, and I'm glad for that. Now with a new head coach, I do believe it could be considered.
With the district requirements in Kentucky, open dates are limited. I don't see Belfry getting away from Pikeville or Johnson Central, the Pike Co, Bowl is before WV season starts (I think. I could be wrong about that.) Plus it designed to pull in two out-of-area teams. And Belfry will continue to schedule down-state games to gauge against for playoff runs.
Send a private message to Hurricane Storm Add Hurricane Storm to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:48 PM
2nd String
Liked 271 Times in 197 Posts
OutlawJoseyWales is on a distinguished road
And to say I'm biased against Belfry is also false because I have took up for them on this forum multiple times. And btw Martinsburg would give any 6A team in Ky all they could handle, after that the gap drops. Martinsburg is the only team in WV that could play with the good 6A teams in KY.
You have 11 posts......just how much taking up for Belfry have you done??

Trinity would destroy Martinsburg.

Y'all can woulda, shoulda, coulda all you want. Fact remains that Coach Haywood has not deemed a game with the glorious Mingo Central Miners as a "Friday night light" event. Why don't you take all of these sentiments being espoused here to Coach Haywood. Voice your displeasure to him! He makes all scheduling decisions. NOT THE FAN BASE.
Send a private message to OutlawJoseyWales Add OutlawJoseyWales to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Starter
Liked 149 Times in 114 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Boy this thread has been hijacked and went off the rails.

Back on topic:
-Belfry will still be Belfry and #1 seed in D6.
-Challenges to the finals will be increased even more than 2017.
-Playoff games starting with 2nd round will be much tougher (Lex Cath or Boyle Co back to back in regional) and increase from there (at Corbin).
-Belfry will be Belfry until Haywood retires and may still be after that unless something major changes in KY High School football.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts
COACHITALL is on a distinguished road
If Belfry doesnít get an O lineman on second team then somebody needs their heads checked
Send a private message to COACHITALL Add COACHITALL to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Head Coach
Liked 714 Times in 431 Posts
bucslover68 has a spectacular aura aboutbucslover68 has a spectacular aura about
As long as Justin Marcum is willing to pay Mingo boys who were at Belfry to play at Mingo then the Miners should stay strong. It will be interesting to see if those said players will remain at Mingo once the talent goes down or will Marcum up the ante. Anyone who lives on either side of the river knows what happened with some of these kids and if you say it didn’t happen then just go back and live with your head in the sand. Remember these kids are friends and kids love to talk.
Send a private message to bucslover68 Add bucslover68 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
tvhs-25 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bucslover68 View Post
As long as Justin Marcum is willing to pay Mingo boys who were at Belfry to play at Mingo then the Miners should stay strong. It will be interesting to see if those said players will remain at Mingo once the talent goes down or will Marcum up the ante. Anyone who lives on either side of the river knows what happened with some of these kids and if you say it didnít happen then just go back and live with your head in the sand. Remember these kids are friends and kids love to talk.
From what I hear marcum is done at central, I guess he got upset because his wife didn't get the principle job
Send a private message to tvhs-25 Add tvhs-25 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Head Coach
bucslover68 has a spectacular aura aboutbucslover68 has a spectacular aura about
From what I hear marcum is done at central, I guess he got upset because his wife didn't get the principle job
Had not heard that but very possible.
Send a private message to bucslover68 Add bucslover68 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Head Coach
Let’s get something straight. This year Trinity and probably Cov Cath would run through WV like Sherman on his way to the sea....refer to the history books if you need an explanation.
And about Mingo Central...I understand the Cardinal Conference limits who you can play, but don’t worry about who Belfry plays when they played two teams from WV that were way better than anyone Mingo played.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:53 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,491 Times in 1,771 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Belfry will be Belfry. Boyle will be a hard mountain to climb with the majority of their skill people back. Corbin returns a very solid core and will be a huge factor in 3A. Never count Central out. Don't know what ETown will bring to the table next year. They were much better than they were given credit for this year.
FoSho (12-07-2017), Hatz (12-08-2017)
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:06 PM
Statistician
Liked 34 Times in 28 Posts
AngryMob is on a distinguished road
why do people on ky side still go to mcminer for photography or his dad for eye care???? quit giving these people your money and maybe they will respect us more......
Fundamentals (01-02-2018)
Send a private message to AngryMob Add AngryMob to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:10 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,812 Times in 2,208 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
The pirate ship has sailed.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Scout Team
Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E's Army View Post
Belfry will be Belfry. Boyle will be a hard mountain to climb with the majority of their skill people back. Corbin returns a very solid core and will be a huge factor in 3A. Never count Central out. Don't know what ETown will bring to the table next year. They were much better than they were given credit for this year.
Three horse race IMO for 3A next year. Boyle/Belfry/Central. Corbin has to replace their QB and find some speed. Etown was fantastic this past season but lost the house (22 seniors) and LexCath talent is nothing like it was plus they lose their best player and some key kids.
Hatz (12-08-2017)
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:21 PM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by AngryMob View Post
why do people on ky side still go to mcminer for photography or his dad for eye care???? quit giving these people your money and maybe they will respect us more......
I donít know his son per se, but I respect his work even though I donít see eye to eye with some of his thinking, but hey thatís the way the world rolls. As far as Dr. Steve he has always been great to me and my family.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:30 AM
Head Coach
Liked 473 Times in 384 Posts
99PIRATEFAN is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bucslover68 View Post
Letís get something straight. This year Trinity and probably Cov Cath would run through WV like Sherman on his way to the sea....refer to the history books if you need an explanation.
And about Mingo Central...I understand the Cardinal Conference limits who you can play, but donít worry about who Belfry plays when they played two teams from WV that were way better than anyone Mingo played.

All I can say is tell Joey to schedule Capital or Huntington or Cabell he wonít **** Winfield just about beat them Pike Central would look like a big dog in the Cardinal Conference itís not what it once ways not even close. Iíll tell what why donít little mr Wilson get his buddy Joey to schedule one of the big dogs in the big state of wv to play them in that one game they can schedule out of conference then we can talk about playing us LOL
Send a private message to 99PIRATEFAN Add 99PIRATEFAN to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Starter
Liked 149 Times in 114 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FoSho View Post
Three horse race IMO for 3A next year. Boyle/Belfry/Central. Corbin has to replace their QB and find some speed. Etown was fantastic this past season but lost the house (22 seniors) and LexCath talent is nothing like it was plus they lose their best player and some key kids.
2018 3A thoughts:
-Belfry will be better than 2017
-Boyle Co will be as good or better than 2017
-Eítown loses everyone so time will tell who they are but still may be #1 in region 1.
-Central returns several but loses huge pieces/ game changers on defense (3 leading tacklers) and their QB
-Lexington Catholic loses top rusher but returns 27 Srs and 30 Jrs including Allen at QB and 3 leading receivers
-Corbin will very good if they can fill Sizemoreís role at QB
-Waggenor, Western Hills, Casey Co fall back with losses of key players
-Russell, Powell Co, Bath Co, Bell Co step forward.

Will be an interesting final year of this alignment as several mentioned here will be moving around in 2019.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:32 AM
Head Coach
Liked 473 Times in 384 Posts
99PIRATEFAN is on a distinguished road
Good Luck to the Pirates in the future i’m out !!!!!!!
Send a private message to 99PIRATEFAN Add 99PIRATEFAN to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:40 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,721 Times in 3,617 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Post about Belfry in 2018 or don't post at all.
#55PirateFan (12-08-2017)
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 208 Times in 119 Posts
#55PirateFan is on a distinguished road
Don't sleep on the Pirates and think we're through. Just because we didn't win the gold for the first time in 5 years only means we hit a bump in the road. Reminds us of what it feels like to be on the other side. Which to me is a good thing. Gets that hunger back. Just means it's time for another run! Go Pirates.
64SUR (12-08-2017)
Send a private message to #55PirateFan Add #55PirateFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:11 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by #55PirateFan View Post
Don't sleep on the Pirates and think we're through. Just because we didn't win the gold for the first time in 5 years only means we hit a bump in the road. Reminds us of what it feels like to be on the other side. Which to me is a good thing. Gets that hunger back. Just means it's time for another run! Go Pirates.
I'm sleeping . lol. seriously, I wonder how much longer the coach will be there ?
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
I'm sleeping . lol. seriously, I wonder how much longer the coach will be there ?
Buddy it's hard to say. But I am starting to here rumors. IMO, I think he stays two more years, three at most. The 2020 class was our last to win the middle school championship. We went 15-0 and wasn't really challenged until the championship game. I think he stays until they graduate just to see if he can get another ring or two. But that's just my opinion.
Send a private message to #55PirateFan Add #55PirateFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:43 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Buddy it's hard to say. But I am starting to here rumors. IMO, I think he stays two more years, three at most. The 2020 class was our last to win the middle school championship. We went 15-0 and wasn't really challenged until the championship game. I think he stays until they graduate just to see if he can get another ring or two. But that's just my opinion.
That makes sense and you definitely have the top notch feeder program. I'm sure Haywood is probably grooming a replacement.
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:51 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
That makes sense and you definitely have the top notch feeder program. I'm sure Haywood is probably grooming a replacement.
We have a pretty good feeder system and I'm sure he's grooming a replacement. But their keeping it top secret on who it might be. I haven't heard a peep on who it may be.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Death_Valley is an unknown quantity at this point
We have a pretty good feeder system and I'm sure he's grooming a replacement. But their keeping it top secret on who it might be. I haven't heard a peep on who it may be.
Coach Varney will get the Belfry job after Haywood leaves in 2 years ..
Send a private message to Death_Valley Add Death_Valley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:46 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
Post about Belfry in 2018 or don't post at all.
bully ... I was going to message you and ask you a question if I can remember what it was. lol
Old 12-11-2017, 09:04 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,721 Times in 3,617 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Let's hope I can remember to answer it!!

Old 12-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Scout Team
Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
Hmmmm I think I heard Boyle has a decent crop of 2020 kids. I wonder how they compare to Belfrys group? Too bad Boyle used to dodge that middle school tourney or we might already know. 😬

I guess time will tell.
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football