Rate This Thread - Lex Cath 2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:55 PM
Starter
Liked 255 Times in 202 Posts
FBfan4life is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FoSho View Post
The person I mentioned did get an interview but was not chosen.

What do LexCath fans think about their new coach? I'm skeptical. Handing the keys to a Cadillac to an unproven HC is a HUGE risk.
Bill Letton wasn't really a proven HC but he was handed the keys to the Cadillac and doing well in Georgia. Former asst coach/ OC Mike Engler wasn't a proven HC, but doing real well with the Ryle program. And I know before you give me knowledge of football 101, Yes I know Bill Letton was a coach for Prestonburg way back when. Coach Smith will not be handling DC. He will hire someone else for that, as well an a new OC.
Send a private message to FBfan4life Add FBfan4life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:03 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 128 Times in 95 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FBfan4life View Post
Bill Letton wasn't really a proven HC but he was handed the keys to the Cadillac and doing well in Georgia. Former asst coach/ OC Mike Engler wasn't a proven HC, but doing real well with the Ryle program. And I know before you give me knowledge of football 101, Yes I know Bill Letton was a coach for Prestonburg way back when. Coach Smith will not be handling DC. He will hire someone else for that, as well an a new OC.
I think it's a great hire. 😊
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:17 PM
Starter
Liked 255 Times in 202 Posts
FBfan4life is on a distinguished road
I think it's a great hire. 😊
Sarcastic answer? Sure good hire but not great. Great because he has been in the retirement system for years as a teacher with the private system. Great NOT, just because now he needs to hire an OC and a DC and that is going to cost more pennies.
FoSho (02-23-2018)
Send a private message to FBfan4life Add FBfan4life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:59 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 128 Times in 95 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FBfan4life View Post
Sarcastic answer? Sure good hire but not great. Great because he has been in the retirement system for years as a teacher with the private system. Great NOT, just because now he needs to hire an OC and a DC and that is going to cost more pennies.
It was a little sarcastic but I don't wish the guy ill will. I hope he does great, just not vs the Rebels! 😬

I was just pulling your chain some. 😉

The only thing that really matters is if LexCath fans and the team are happy.
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:22 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 412 Times in 262 Posts
Jack Lambert is on a distinguished road
HC is a much different animal than just a DC.
????
Send a private message to Jack Lambert Add Jack Lambert to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football