Rate This Thread - Belfry Pirates '18 Spring practice begins Monday and The Pirates have a ton of talent.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:52 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts
COACHITALL is on a distinguished road
Default Belfry Pirates '18 Spring practice begins Monday and The Pirates have a ton of talent
Spring practice begins Monday and The Pirates have a ton of talent returning but also need to fill a few holes
Key returners on Offense:
The entire line returns and they are led by Dagen Rash, Austin Lawson, Keaton Thacker, Logan Arbogast, and Ethan Wolford
Rash has been killing the weight room while Wolford has been tearing up his opponents on the mat
The Qb will be Avery Browning and the backfield will be Peyton Hensley at FB Brett Coleman at backup and Isaac Dixson, Ben Bentley at RBs. Justin Barker at TE. The WR spot is wide open.
On Defense the Pirates will be led by Austin Fields at MLB and most likely Barker will be the other MLB and Austin Blankenship will see time as well. At OLB the Pirates return Grayson Cook and Seth Mounts. The Defensive Line will be anchored by Dylan Brown and Jacob Baisden and a few other young guys. In the secondary the Pirates return Isaiah Birchfield, Ben Bentley, and Brett Coleman. Other names who will be expected to contribute. Randall West, Brad Lowe, Kyle Webb, Jonathan Stepp, John Ashhurst, Logan McCoy, Garrett Smith, Daniel Oliver. Other names being mentioned as possible program returns Joe Chafins and Ethan Smith and both of those names returning would be huge. Belfry will be ready to get back to work and back on top
#55PirateFan (03-11-2018)
Send a private message to COACHITALL Add COACHITALL to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:49 AM
2nd String
Liked 324 Times in 242 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
Cannot wait to visit Pond Creek in Round 3 of the playoffs. We both got some work to do but it's gunna happen.

😎🏈
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:51 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,241 Times in 2,552 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by COACHITALL View Post
Spring practice begins Monday and The Pirates have a ton of talent returning but also need to fill a few holes
Key returners on Offense:
The entire line returns and they are led by Dagen Rash, Austin Lawson, Keaton Thacker, Logan Arbogast, and Ethan Wolford
Rash has been killing the weight room while Wolford has been tearing up his opponents on the mat
The Qb will be Avery Browning and the backfield will be Peyton Hensley at FB Brett Coleman at backup and Isaac Dixson, Ben Bentley at RBs. Justin Barker at TE. The WR spot is wide open.
On Defense the Pirates will be led by Austin Fields at MLB and most likely Barker will be the other MLB and Austin Blankenship will see time as well. At OLB the Pirates return Grayson Cook and Seth Mounts. The Defensive Line will be anchored by Dylan Brown and Jacob Baisden and a few other young guys. In the secondary the Pirates return Isaiah Birchfield, Ben Bentley, and Brett Coleman. Other names who will be expected to contribute. Randall West, Brad Lowe, Kyle Webb, Jonathan Stepp, John Ashhurst, Logan McCoy, Garrett Smith, Daniel Oliver. Other names being mentioned as possible program returns Joe Chafins and Ethan Smith and both of those names returning would be huge. Belfry will be ready to get back to work and back on top
Where did they get all that talent?
Old 03-11-2018, 04:34 PM
Scout Team
Liked 330 Times in 199 Posts
#55PirateFan is on a distinguished road
Cannot wait to get a little taste of Belfry football this week. Tomorrow the Pirates will start to get back on track to adding another gold trophy to their growing case. Belfry will be one of the favorites to win 3A again this year.
Send a private message to #55PirateFan Add #55PirateFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:54 PM
Scout Team
Belfrys offensive line is going to be the key. The interior line is the strongest position on our offense. The center and both guards are returning starters and in my opinion 3 of the best in the state. Going to be awfully hard stopping the Pirates from gaining 4 to 5 yards a play up the middle, especially with the talent in the backfield we'll have to go along with our Hogs up front. I think we're above average at every position on both sides of the ball except for the D-Line. Not saying they won't be above average, I just think that is the position that needs the most work and has the most to prove. And I believe they will. But again, in this Ol Mans opinion, the offensive line is where the money's at and our "Big Hogs" up front will be making plenty of it come Friday night's in the fall!
Send a private message to #55PirateFan Add #55PirateFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:10 PM
Equipment Manager
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Where did they get all that talent?
Itís all homegrown in our talent garden behind the school, where else would it come from?
#55PirateFan (03-11-2018), Patriot1 (03-12-2018)
Send a private message to COACHITALL Add COACHITALL to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:28 PM
2nd String
Liked 324 Times in 242 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
Itís all homegrown in our talent garden behind the school, where else would it come from?
It comes from Whitley County doesn't it?

Tell the truth now.

😬
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:47 AM
Statistician
Liked 12 Times in 12 Posts
EastKyPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Running back position prob the weakest part of the offense this year. Decent runners but very little power to run up the middle.
#55PirateFan (03-12-2018)
Send a private message to EastKyPride Add EastKyPride to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:29 AM
Starter
Liked 174 Times in 114 Posts
I Rule The World is on a distinguished road
Just a little town in WV....
FoSho (03-12-2018)
Send a private message to I Rule The World Add I Rule The World to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Equipment Manager
You hate us because you ainít us
Old 03-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by EastKyPride View Post
Running back position prob the weakest part of the offense this year. Decent runners but very little power to run up the middle.
While I don't think our RB position is our weakest, they are defiantly alot younger than in years past, but I think the talent is there and will surprise alot of people. With that said, I do think our interior linemen is one of the strongest areas on our team. All three returning starters, Ethan Wolford at Center and Dagan Rash and Keaton Thacker at Guards will provide plenty of running room up the middle for our young RB's. And on the outside we'll be just as good with returning starter Austin Lawson and Logan Arbogast filling the other Tackle spot. Most RB's in Kentucky would love to be able to run behind an experienced line like we'll field this year. So I think our RB's will be just fine. Don't get me wrong, you can't replace a Derek Wellman or Taveon Hunter. Those two were beasts. But as good as they were they wouldn't have gained a single yard without good line play. The Hogs up front is where the game is won and lost, IMO. So I think we'll be just fine.
EastKyPride (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Statistician
Liked 12 Times in 12 Posts
EastKyPride is an unknown quantity at this point
I think they will be fine as well. I just don't think they have the actual power back they have always had in the past. Speed will diff be an issue for opponents that's for sure. The line will open up the holes but can these back truck the defenders like we seen in the past?
Send a private message to EastKyPride Add EastKyPride to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Starter
Liked 312 Times in 231 Posts
OutlawJoseyWales is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by #55PirateFan View Post
While I don't think our RB position is our weakest, they are defiantly alot younger than in years past, but I think the talent is there and will surprise alot of people. With that said, I do think our interior linemen is one of the strongest areas on our team. All three returning starters, Ethan Wolford at Center and Dagan Rash and Keaton Thacker at Guards will provide plenty of running room up the middle for our young RB's. And on the outside we'll be just as good with returning starter Austin Lawson and Logan Arbogast filling the other Tackle spot. Most RB's in Kentucky would love to be able to run behind an experienced line like we'll field this year. So I think our RB's will be just fine. Don't get me wrong, you can't replace a Derek Wellman or Taveon Hunter. Those two were beasts. But as good as they were they wouldn't have gained a single yard without good line play. The Hogs up front is where the game is won and lost, IMO. So I think we'll be just fine.
I'm actually more concerned about our defense. In fact, IMO, with as much depth as we have on the O-Line....IMO, Lawson would be better served to transition to the defensive front. No doubt Baisden will help tremendously on the D-Line....but adding Lawson brings about some real matchup issues and keeps the lineman off our LB's. Defense is/will be our biggest question mark going into next season
Send a private message to OutlawJoseyWales Add OutlawJoseyWales to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by OutlawJoseyWales View Post
I'm actually more concerned about our defense. In fact, IMO, with as much depth as we have on the O-Line....IMO, Lawson would be better served to transition to the defensive front. No doubt Baisden will help tremendously on the D-Line....but adding Lawson brings about some real matchup issues and keeps the lineman off our LB's. Defense is/will be our biggest question mark going into next season
I felt the same way last year. I thought that Lawson, Rash, and Wolford all three should have played both ways, especially in the goal line defense packages. But that's why I'm a parent and not a coach. Lol! Coach Heywood knows what he's doing so I'll just leave it at that. I'm sure he was/is worried about his O-Line getting gassed late in games or much worse getting injured. IMO, we have a little depth on the O-Line but just not enough to take that big of a risk.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:36 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Country roads, take me home
to the place I belong .
Old 03-12-2018, 08:37 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by FoSho View Post
It comes from Whitley County doesn't it?

Tell the truth now.

😬
No. Corbin gets that talent before it could possibly make it to West Virginia.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:38 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by I Rule The World View Post
Just a little town in WV....

Old 03-12-2018, 08:38 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

You hate us because you ainít us
Whatever you want to think. lol
Old 03-12-2018, 08:40 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by OutlawJoseyWales View Post
Lawson is a common name here. maybe they did steal a Whitley County player. lol
Old 03-12-2018, 09:16 PM
Equipment Manager
Itís only March and Pjdoug is in full Belfry troll mode. I love it! Post your address and Iíll send you a shirt that says ďthereís a lil river called the Tug, players cross it to **** of Doug!Ē
#55PirateFan (03-12-2018), Granny Bear (04-21-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 09:27 PM
Scout Team
Itís only March and Pjdoug is in full Belfry troll mode. I love it! Post your address and Iíll send you a shirt that says ďthereís a lil river called the Tug, players cross it to **** of Doug!Ē
Lol
Old 03-12-2018, 09:30 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

I don't wait for March. I would seriously love the shirt, but you won't really send it, because you're lying like you do when you say you don't recruit West Virginia
Old 03-12-2018, 09:32 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

I hope you dont think I get mad. lol. I plan on coming to Pikeville soon. I hope I get a shirt while I'm there.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,377 Times in 1,399 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
I hope you dont think I get mad. lol. I plan on coming to Pikeville soon. I hope I get a shirt while I'm there.
Let me know when you are coming Doug and I will buy you a beverage!
pjdoug (03-12-2018)
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:03 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post
Let me know when you are coming Doug and I will buy you a beverage!
Will do , and I appreciate that. Should be by around the first part of April.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:05 PM
Equipment Manager
Yea jet pilot is going to buy it at Rupp, the good news pjdoug is heíll be home before the ice melts
Old 03-12-2018, 10:07 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Yea jet pilot is going to buy it at Rupp, the good news pjdoug is heíll be home before the ice melts
I want my beverage to be frosty in Pike County
Old 03-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,377 Times in 1,399 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
At least I'll be at Rupp!
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:48 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Old 03-13-2018, 08:39 PM
Head Coach
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Liked 686 Times in 281 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
bless CoachITALLs heart, he can even insult anyone right...Get your popcorn ready...heís about to prove my point for me...😂
jetpilot (03-15-2018)
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football