Rate This Thread - Wyatt Battaile of Pikeville commits to UoL.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:33 PM
Scout Team
Liked 101 Times in 78 Posts
OutsideLookingIn is on a distinguished road
Default Wyatt Battaile of Pikeville commits to UoL
Did Wyatt Baittle change his mind about Morehead and know headed to U of L?
Send a private message to OutsideLookingIn Add OutsideLookingIn to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Liked 120 Times in 90 Posts
CardinalAlum is on a distinguished road
Yes
Send a private message to CardinalAlum Add CardinalAlum to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:19 AM
Scout Team
Liked 101 Times in 75 Posts
Bulldogs4Ever is on a distinguished road
Went from getting some PT to being s full time practice player. The kid is a heck of a player, just doesnt meet the eye test for a U of L type player.
Send a private message to Bulldogs4Ever Add Bulldogs4Ever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:41 AM
Statistician
Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts
t4p3r8 is on a distinguished road
Shouldn't have to travel any further than the Pikeville Gym to find out what is in his future at UofL.
basketball101 (06-12-2018)
Send a private message to t4p3r8 Add t4p3r8 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:57 PM
2nd String
Liked 83 Times in 64 Posts
Creeker is on a distinguished road
Was he to be a scholarship player at Morehead? Says he is a preferred walk-on at U of L.
Send a private message to Creeker Add Creeker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Starbucks is on a distinguished road
I believe he was a walk on at Morehead and he will be a walk on at Louisville.
Send a private message to Starbucks Add Starbucks to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:01 PM
2nd String
^ ok, that clears that up then. thanks
Send a private message to Creeker Add Creeker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:47 AM
"Based on a True Story"

Liked 2,044 Times in 1,408 Posts
Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
The rate UofL lost players this summer and the skeleton crew of players returning, Wyatt may get some serious minutes.

Even though I despise the Dirty Birds, I hope Wyatt kills it in the ACC.

2016 Class 4A State Champions!!!!!
JOHNSON CENTRAL GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!!!!
PHSForever (06-13-2018)
Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:10 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,889 Times in 2,846 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Congratulations Wyatt Battaile
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:03 PM

Liked 843 Times in 666 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
This one just doesn’t make sense from an outsider looking in. But all it needs to do is make sense to him and his family.

Good luck to the young man!
Old 06-13-2018, 01:30 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Ever View Post
Went from getting some PT to being s full time practice player. The kid is a heck of a player, just doesnt meet the eye test for a U of L type player.
Jeff Hall from Ashland Fairview? Wyatt has a lot of upside.
Send a private message to OutsideLookingIn Add OutsideLookingIn to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Head Coach

Location: Setting sail with Capt. Morgan and never leaving dry land
Liked 1,571 Times in 948 Posts
PHSForever is on a distinguished road
Preferred walk on at UL. One year, chance for scholly his second year. No believe it was the same at Morehead too. Same as Elisha did. Can anyone really argue with him? Chance to play on TV, etc. not knocking Morehead, but when you compare the two opportunities, it was a smart choice. How many of you all basically saying this makes no sense, yet will get on a football forum and say "can't blame a kid for picking Alabama over Kentucky. Look at the programs". Be happy for he and his family instead of pretending you know better than him.
jetpilot (06-14-2018)
Send a private message to PHSForever Add PHSForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:37 PM
Head Coach

Originally Posted by t4p3r8 View Post
Shouldn't have to travel any further than the Pikeville Gym to find out what is in his future at UofL.
What exactly does that mean? You referring to the fact Elisha transferred to University of Pikeville and is now coaching high school? Wyatt has the potential. Needs to add strength and muscle to his frame to handle major D1 banging, but he has something Elisha didn't have. Height. Can't coach height, either have it or don't. As good as Elisha was, he was still a 5'11 PG going up against 6'2 and taller for most programs, and many even are 6'6, etc.
Send a private message to PHSForever Add PHSForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:30 AM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Starbucks is on a distinguished road
I wish Wyatt all the best....whether it is at Morehead, Louisville etc. Very few people understand what a D1 athlete truly is.....The time, the commitment, the effort and the level of competition on a daily basis. I would love to see one of our "mountain" boys have a "successful" four year career.....Having said that.....When was the last time that it happened? Once again....I wish Wyatt the best..Time will tell. Good Luck young man!
Send a private message to Starbucks Add Starbucks to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:34 AM
Head Coach

Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
I wish Wyatt all the best....whether it is at Morehead, Louisville etc. Very few people understand what a D1 athlete truly is.....The time, the commitment, the effort and the level of competition on a daily basis. I would love to see one of our "mountain" boys have a "successful" four year career.....Having said that.....When was the last time that it happened? Once again....I wish Wyatt the best..Time will tell. Good Luck young man!
Go look up Justin Johnson, JR Vanhoose, John Pelphry, the young man at NC State that's from Knott County, etc. All played D1, all had good careers. I don't know what you define as successful, but for me, it's getting a degree. Playing time is SO competitive, since you can only have 5 at a time on the court, so I don't focus solely on that or points scored. If they go contribute, get their degrees, and become productive members of society, that's a successful career to me. I'm positive I've missed some. I didn't include some who started off D1 but transferred ( Todd May, Elisha, etc) because that was the point. But I DO include them in that group as well.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,733 Times in 1,899 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PHSForever View Post
Go look up Justin Johnson, JR Vanhoose, John Pelphry, the young man at NC State that's from Knott County, etc. All played D1, all had good careers. I don't know what you define as successful, but for me, it's getting a degree. Playing time is SO competitive, since you can only have 5 at a time on the court, so I don't focus solely on that or points scored. If they go contribute, get their degrees, and become productive members of society, that's a successful career to me. I'm positive I've missed some. I didn't include some who started off D1 but transferred ( Todd May, Elisha, etc) because that was the point. But I DO include them in that group as well.
Braxton Beverly from Perry County.
PHSForever (06-14-2018)
Send a private message to zaga_fan Add zaga_fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:02 PM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,733 Times in 1,899 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
I've seen a lot of people questioning this decision. Me? I'm just happy this young man is doing something with his talent.

Make us proud!
PHSForever (06-14-2018)
Send a private message to zaga_fan Add zaga_fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:50 PM
2nd String
^ If he was a walk on at Morehead and is now a walk on at the U of L, I wouldn't question that for a moment. Great decision and I hope he does great there!
OutsideLookingIn (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 12:41 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Hambley is on a distinguished road
Default good move
After watching him play the last few years I gotta say I think committing to Louisville is a good move. Wyatt has never really been challenged in eastern KY, just practicing with that kind of talent is gonna develop his game. Also Louisville is rebuilding, its a perfect time to play there. Smart move.
Send a private message to Hambley Add Hambley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:54 PM
Scout Team
I look forward to watching him progress as a Cardinal.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:39 PM
Statistician
Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts
AngryMob is on a distinguished road
what the **** is wrong with yall? why would you discourage this kid? unbelievable.
PHSFAN (07-04-2018), PHSForever (06-26-2018)
Send a private message to AngryMob Add AngryMob to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:50 PM
Statistician
Liked 12 Times in 12 Posts
EastKyPride is an unknown quantity at this point
This kid is getting the chance to play at a college most ppl dream of playing at. Why hate on this kid for playing there?
Send a private message to EastKyPride Add EastKyPride to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:39 PM
Starter
Liked 247 Times in 171 Posts
new o is an unknown quantity at this point
Good Luck to Wyatt! Wish him nothing but the best!
Send a private message to new o Add new o to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball