Rate This Thread - 13th Region Summer Rankings.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-18-2017, 10:57 PM
Tri State Area Tri State Area is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 37
Likes: 71
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Tri State Area is on a distinguished road
Default
I

Last edited by Tri State Area; 06-18-2017 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Wrong place for this
Send a private message to Tri State Area Add Tri State Area to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #32  
Old 06-18-2017, 10:59 PM
Tri State Area Tri State Area is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 37
Likes: 71
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Tri State Area is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by ky playmaker View Post
That's how I got them but I think north clay hc are about even. Depends on any given day on how each team shoots the ball Any of those three can beat south or Knox on a given day too. Corbin is just a step ahead with Andrew. I hate getting beat by the kid but love his game. Best 13th has had in a lot of years

I agree. 2-6 are fairly close with KC the edge. Very athletic and skilled. But Corbin with Taylor, what they have returning, and transfers may make them too much to handle in the 13th this year.
Send a private message to Tri State Area Add Tri State Area to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-20-2017, 10:16 PM
ky playmaker ky playmaker is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,203
Likes: 111
Liked 374 Times in 293 Posts
ky playmaker is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by three View Post
I had heard that Daulton wasn't playing this year ??
sometimes u got to pull I ur old coach card and have a heart to heart
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-20-2017, 10:18 PM
ky playmaker ky playmaker is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,203
Likes: 111
Liked 374 Times in 293 Posts
ky playmaker is on a distinguished road
Default
Anybody that seen the south vs Harlan co game that has any basketball knowledge at all will tell u south won by 4 but Harlan co played to win. South played 368 kids and kept putting starters back when it would get close.
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-21-2017, 12:21 AM
HCS HCS is offline
Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,308
Likes: 101
Liked 217 Times in 171 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Default
South was up 2 at halftime and it was close the entire second half.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-21-2017, 08:57 AM
ky playmaker ky playmaker is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,203
Likes: 111
Liked 374 Times in 293 Posts
ky playmaker is on a distinguished road
Default
I was just using the Harlan co game as an example of how coaches look at and coach during summer ball. South for example never played a game all summer that the starters played more than 18-22 min of a 36-40 min running clock and played 12-14 kids. All games he played 3-4 kids that will never see the floor in a varsity game. This is not a bad thing IMO. Harlan co game and clay game and several others was south get up 10-12 and sub. Davis actually had to put starters back in in harlan co and clay game with 4-5 min to go cause they had cut it back to 2. Every coach has a diff approach in summer. Clay co coach subbed two teams of 5 most of summer
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-24-2017, 08:42 AM
Cellking Cellking is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,626
Likes: 1,689
Liked 831 Times in 539 Posts
Cellking is on a distinguished road
Default
Corbin has a legit Mr. Basketball contender on team and the Best Coach in the 13th. I think the 13th is theirs to lose. They will get a challenge from Knox, S. Laurel and N. Laurel. Never Count Clay out, they are always in the mix. My Dark Horse is Oneida Baptist, maybe they had 3 or 4 new Kids, one never knows about them.
Send a private message to Cellking Add Cellking to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-25-2017, 11:56 AM
ky playmaker ky playmaker is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,203
Likes: 111
Liked 374 Times in 293 Posts
ky playmaker is on a distinguished road
Default
Cellking Andrew is best I seen in 13th in a long time. Kid amazes me. His motor that never stops and basketball knowledge is amazing. Love watching him play the game I love.
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-25-2017, 02:41 PM
CoachNM0523 CoachNM0523 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 639
Likes: 70
Liked 161 Times in 111 Posts
CoachNM0523 is on a distinguished road
Default
Corbin will have a really nice backcourt in Taylor, Sanders, and the new kid. Eager to see who plays the 4 and 5 for the hounds. I'd think Wagner would get sometime.
Send a private message to CoachNM0523 Add CoachNM0523 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-25-2017, 03:59 PM
The Outsider The Outsider is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 449
Likes: 8
Liked 91 Times in 72 Posts
The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by ky playmaker View Post
Cellking Andrew is best I seen in 13th in a long time. Kid amazes me. His motor that never stops and basketball knowledge is amazing. Love watching him play the game I love.
Andrew must not be too highly thought of by the Laurel County Times Tribune since he couldn't manage to win one of their Trispy awards. Corbin did win a couple of individual awards though in bowling and tennis, whereas as Knox Central was completely shut out of the 30+ awards.
Likes: (1)
baller1989 (06-26-2017)
Send a private message to The Outsider Add The Outsider to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-25-2017, 05:09 PM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is online now
Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,141
Likes: 150
Liked 450 Times in 287 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
You have to have Laurel on your chest to get any love from Laurel county Les. Its a joke honestly. He is the sentinel echo's best sports reporter.
Likes: (1)
Tri State Area (06-25-2017)
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-25-2017, 07:00 PM
The Outsider The Outsider is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 449
Likes: 8
Liked 91 Times in 72 Posts
The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
You have to have Laurel on your chest to get any love from Laurel county Les. Its a joke honestly. He is the sentinel echo's best sports reporter.
I'm not sure if they do not realize how biased they come across or if they just don't care. I lot of people are fed up with it though and the advertising reps are having a hard time selling ads to the Corbin businesses because of it.
Likes: (1)
Tri State Area (06-25-2017)
Send a private message to The Outsider Add The Outsider to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-25-2017, 08:37 PM
RunItUpTheGut RunItUpTheGut is offline
RETIRED


Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 28,429
Likes: 6,982
Liked 8,018 Times in 5,549 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has disabled reputation
Default
The "trispys" are just another sad excuse for the times to involve themselves further into local athletics.
I'm not sure anyone will ever care about then not should they.
Likes: (1)
Tri State Area (06-25-2017)
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-25-2017, 10:14 PM
Tri State Area Tri State Area is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 37
Likes: 71
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Tri State Area is on a distinguished road
Default
I agree totally. And if you live past barbourville up 25E you can forget any recognition from Les for his sports reporting. Very biased.
Send a private message to Tri State Area Add Tri State Area to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-26-2017, 01:07 PM
ProudPanther ProudPanther is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 208
Likes: 4
Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
ProudPanther is on a distinguished road
Default
The fact that I've never heard of the Tripsy says a lot. haha. in fact i asked about a dozen people that i consider to be more than casual fans - and they said the only Tripsys they had heard of were as the result of too much Jim Beam.........
Send a private message to ProudPanther Add ProudPanther to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-26-2017, 02:14 PM
KyBoy24 KyBoy24 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 165
Likes: 0
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
KyBoy24 is on a distinguished road
Default
1. Corbin
2. Knox Central
3. South Laurel
4. Harlan Co.
5. Clay Co.
6. North Laurel
7. Whitley Co.
8. Bell Co.
9. Lynn Camp
10. Jackson Co/Harlan
Send a private message to KyBoy24 Add KyBoy24 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-26-2017, 03:08 PM
baller1989 baller1989 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 226
Likes: 22
Liked 43 Times in 36 Posts
baller1989 is on a distinguished road
Default
well as I agree how Corbin Times Tribune is totally biased toward Laurel County Schools, I have to disagree that you "have to have laurel across your chest" to get a trispy!! I for one thought the tripsy awards were kind of a joke cause there were little or nothing said about it and from what I gather it was for the tri-county area but only a few knew about it? I really didn't see too many results on it either other than some parents reflecting on their child's award thru facebook.... Just think it could had been more fair and unbiased? I mean there was a kid @ Corbin who led the region in stats and didn't receive an award or did he? I mean the other kid from Corbin got the Baseball award right and it wasn't the one that led the team in HR's, wins as a pitcher, etc., ??? But, I am asking for verification mainly cause only found out that from hearsay and want to be cleared up on that? Because again, it wasn't that well marketed and sold to the tri-county area and their athletes.
Send a private message to baller1989 Add baller1989 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-26-2017, 04:12 PM
ArJay ArJay is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 544
Likes: 11
Liked 101 Times in 81 Posts
ArJay is on a distinguished road
Default
Not heard much about Bell this summer but should be much improved! Hopefully the new coach will lead to better scoring teams up on the hill.
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-26-2017, 04:43 PM
The Outsider The Outsider is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 449
Likes: 8
Liked 91 Times in 72 Posts
The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by baller1989 View Post
well as I agree how Corbin Times Tribune is totally biased toward Laurel County Schools, I have to disagree that you "have to have laurel across your chest" to get a trispy!! I for one thought the tripsy awards were kind of a joke cause there were little or nothing said about it and from what I gather it was for the tri-county area but only a few knew about it? I really didn't see too many results on it either other than some parents reflecting on their child's award thru facebook.... Just think it could had been more fair and unbiased? I mean there was a kid @ Corbin who led the region in stats and didn't receive an award or did he? I mean the other kid from Corbin got the Baseball award right and it wasn't the one that led the team in HR's, wins as a pitcher, etc., ??? But, I am asking for verification mainly cause only found out that from hearsay and want to be cleared up on that? Because again, it wasn't that well marketed and sold to the tri-county area and their athletes.
Brock, who was the 13th Region Player of the year won the award.

The girl from Williamsburg should have easily won one of the 2 Major Awards considering she won the state in 1 event and finished 5th in another at the state track meet and finished 3rd in the state in Cross Country.
Likes: (2)
E's Army (08-17-2017), OldJacket (06-27-2017)
Send a private message to The Outsider Add The Outsider to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-26-2017, 09:00 PM
jamesdeane jamesdeane is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 278
Likes: 2
Liked 82 Times in 59 Posts
jamesdeane is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
Andrew must not be too highly thought of by the Laurel County Times Tribune since he couldn't manage to win one of their Trispy awards. Corbin did win a couple of individual awards though in bowling and tennis, whereas as Knox Central was completely shut out of the 30+ awards.
If this is considered hijacking the thread, feel free to delete as hijacking is not my intention. But since the tripsys have been mentioned in a couple of posts, here were the winners.


Softball: Payten Gregory, North Laurel
Girls Basketball: Ally Collett, South Laurel
Boys Basketball: Peyton Broughton, North Laurel
Girls Swimming: Parker Herren, Corbin
Boys Swimming: Keller Brown, North Laurel
Boys Bowling: Ryan Felts, Corbin
Girls Bowling: Josie Philpot, Corbin
Boys Archery: Zach Wilson, South Laurel
Girls Archery: Breanna Jones, North Laurel
Bass Fishing: Jackson Douglas/Hunter Jones, South Laurel
Boys Tennis: Chris Tan, Whitley County
Girls Tennis: Samantha Spady, Corbin
Wrestling: Payton Watson, Whitley County
Baseball: Cole Brock, Corbin
Football: Jared Grubb, South Laurel
Boys Track and Field: Dakota Steelman, North Laurel
Girls Track and Field: Selena Mattingly, Williamsburg
Girls Cross Country: Phoebe McCowan, South Laurel
Boys Cross Country: Trey Valentine, North Laurel
Boys Soccer Player: Aaron Rader, North Laurel
Girls Soccer Player: Jenna Rockwell, North Laurel
Boys Golfer: Tad Barton, South Laurel
Girls Golfer: Bailey Messer. Barbourville
Coach of the Year; Joey Marcum, South Laurel
Team of the Year: Corbin football
Cheer Team of the Year: Corbin
Girls Inspirational Story: Harleigh Grubb, Corbin
Boys Inspirational Story: Sawyer Smith, South Laurel
Lifetime Achievement Award: Jim McAlister
Girls Athlete of the Year: Leslie Dixon, South Laurel
Boys Athlete of the Year: Jared Grubb, South Laurel
Girls Player of the Year: Jenna Rockwell, North Laurel
Boys Player of the Year: Peyton Broughton, North Laurel
Send a private message to jamesdeane Add jamesdeane to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-27-2017, 01:19 PM
cchsfan4life cchsfan4life is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 383
Likes: 133
Liked 83 Times in 63 Posts
cchsfan4life is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Bobcat4years View Post
Corbin has two nice recruits ( Transfers) that put them all alone in the 13th Region.
Knox lost some key players such as Lidford, Wells and Bierman. JMO those three played the best in District and region.
That's why Knox, North, South and Clay are all about equal. Clay having the best coach and South the weakest.
Best coach??? Did Clay hire Marcum back?
Likes: (1)
Mountain (06-27-2017)
Send a private message to cchsfan4life Add cchsfan4life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-27-2017, 03:17 PM
TheProfessor33 TheProfessor33 is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 319
Likes: 21
Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
TheProfessor33 is on a distinguished road
Default
Who votes on the "trispys"?
Send a private message to TheProfessor33 Add TheProfessor33 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-27-2017, 05:06 PM
jamesdeane jamesdeane is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 278
Likes: 2
Liked 82 Times in 59 Posts
jamesdeane is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TheProfessor33 View Post
Who votes on the "trispys"?
No clue. I know it was presented by the Sentinel-Echo and the Times-Tribune newspapers. And it was suppose to recognize athletes from Laurel, Whitley, and Knox counties. From the looks of it they should have just called it the Laurel County awards.
Send a private message to jamesdeane Add jamesdeane to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-27-2017, 05:32 PM
TheProfessor33 TheProfessor33 is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 319
Likes: 21
Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
TheProfessor33 is on a distinguished road
Default
Isn't Leslie Dixon les' daughter...lol. So, it sounds like Les gave his daughter an award. Classy move Les!!
Send a private message to TheProfessor33 Add TheProfessor33 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-28-2017, 09:59 AM
baller1989 baller1989 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 226
Likes: 22
Liked 43 Times in 36 Posts
baller1989 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by jamesdeane View Post
If this is considered hijacking the thread, feel free to delete as hijacking is not my intention. But since the tripsys have been mentioned in a couple of posts, here were the winners.


Softball: Payten Gregory, North Laurel
Girls Basketball: Ally Collett, South Laurel
Boys Basketball: Peyton Broughton, North Laurel
Girls Swimming: Parker Herren, Corbin
Boys Swimming: Keller Brown, North Laurel
Boys Bowling: Ryan Felts, Corbin
Girls Bowling: Josie Philpot, Corbin
Boys Archery: Zach Wilson, South Laurel
Girls Archery: Breanna Jones, North Laurel
Bass Fishing: Jackson Douglas/Hunter Jones, South Laurel
Boys Tennis: Chris Tan, Whitley County
Girls Tennis: Samantha Spady, Corbin
Wrestling: Payton Watson, Whitley County
Baseball: Cole Brock, Corbin
Football: Jared Grubb, South Laurel
Boys Track and Field: Dakota Steelman, North Laurel
Girls Track and Field: Selena Mattingly, Williamsburg
Girls Cross Country: Phoebe McCowan, South Laurel
Boys Cross Country: Trey Valentine, North Laurel
Boys Soccer Player: Aaron Rader, North Laurel
Girls Soccer Player: Jenna Rockwell, North Laurel
Boys Golfer: Tad Barton, South Laurel
Girls Golfer: Bailey Messer. Barbourville
Coach of the Year; Joey Marcum, South Laurel
Team of the Year: Corbin football
Cheer Team of the Year: Corbin
Girls Inspirational Story: Harleigh Grubb, Corbin
Boys Inspirational Story: Sawyer Smith, South Laurel
Lifetime Achievement Award: Jim McAlister
Girls Athlete of the Year: Leslie Dixon, South Laurel
Boys Athlete of the Year: Jared Grubb, South Laurel
Girls Player of the Year: Jenna Rockwell, North Laurel
Boys Player of the Year: Peyton Broughton, North Laurel
didn't the Estep kid from Corbin receive something for baseball? and Wilson kid from Whitley receive something? like I said, I am basing this off of facebook post and unsure?
Send a private message to baller1989 Add baller1989 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-29-2017, 12:39 PM
The Outsider The Outsider is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 449
Likes: 8
Liked 91 Times in 72 Posts
The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by baller1989 View Post
didn't the Estep kid from Corbin receive something for baseball? and Wilson kid from Whitley receive something? like I said, I am basing this off of facebook post and unsure?
They were nominated but didn't win.
Likes: (1)
baller1989 (06-30-2017)
Send a private message to The Outsider Add The Outsider to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-01-2017, 03:58 AM
Legendplayer Legendplayer is offline
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Legendplayer is on a distinguished road
Default
I'm sure the Taylor kid is not worried about getting a trispy! Outside of London, nobody cares or even knows what that is. He's getting offers left and right, promise no college coach cares! That wouldn't be the highlight of his career, but others it will be all they got! He's hands down the best in region and will be a Mr. basketball top 3 finalist! Les got his pics boys and girls, but means nothing.
Send a private message to Legendplayer Add Legendplayer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-01-2017, 04:03 AM
Legendplayer Legendplayer is offline
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Legendplayer is on a distinguished road
Default
Corbin
South
Knox - always self destruct. Most overall talent tho
HC
Clay
Send a private message to Legendplayer Add Legendplayer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Ballmom1 Ballmom1 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 114
Likes: 10
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Ballmom1 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TheProfessor33 View Post
Isn't Leslie Dixon les' daughter...lol. So, it sounds like Les gave his daughter an award. Classy move Les!!
Yes, she is.

You'll have to forgive Les. He is a legend in his own mind.
Send a private message to Ballmom1 Add Ballmom1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-03-2017, 01:25 PM
HCS HCS is offline
Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,308
Likes: 101
Liked 217 Times in 171 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Default
Sports writers are used to criticism, but I don't know about including his daughter. I know every team in Kentucky would love to have her. She can play - probably the best in the 13th Region.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.