Rate This Thread - "Favorite" Fishing Rods.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:32 PM

Liked 757 Times in 592 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Default "Favorite" Fishing Rods
This is a new brand of fishing rods and reels and I recently got turned onto them and was thinking about buying one.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Or do you all have any recommendations for a spinning rod and reel combo? That's what I am currently in the market for
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:39 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 503 Times in 364 Posts
insideinfo is on a distinguished road
i recently bought a new Lews spinning reel and johnny Morris carbonlight rod to sinko fish. I've only used it a couple time but I think im going to like it.
Send a private message to insideinfo Add insideinfo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:20 AM
2nd String
Liked 76 Times in 58 Posts
Creeker is on a distinguished road
Never owned or used a Favorite rod, but I agree with insideinfo on Lew's. Hard to beat imo.
Send a private message to Creeker Add Creeker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:58 AM
All American

Liked 1,448 Times in 1,018 Posts
panther nation is on a distinguished road
Don't use spinning rods and reels anymore strictly bait casters. But when I did use them shamiono was the way to go. About all of them are good a lot depends on how much money you want to spend. A good cheap combo would be a Shakespeare and they only go up from there.

Living The Dream!!
Send a private message to panther nation Add panther nation to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:13 PM

Liked 757 Times in 592 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
I bought a Favorite spinning reel combo called the sick stick. It felt really good and the more and more I buy rods and reels I've come to the realization that the reel really doesn't matter but the rod means everything!
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » More Sports » Hunting & Fishing