Rate This Thread - Courier Journal All - State.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:35 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C2CPreps is on a distinguished road
decent list to say the least.
Send a private message to C2CPreps Add C2CPreps to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:18 PM
Statistician
Liked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Passtheball is on a distinguished road
I think when comparing players throughout the state it really comes down to their class. Not really fair to compare a 2018 kid to a 2021 kid.. The 2018 class is very strong. A lot of talent in that class. 2019 will be down but 2020 is another strong class. I like that the courier journal goes with Jr and Sr's.. They deserve the honors.
Send a private message to Passtheball Add Passtheball to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:25 PM
Starter
Liked 247 Times in 171 Posts
new o is an unknown quantity at this point
The list was pretty accurate or at least by my opinion. And you are correct, the 2018 class is loaded, 2019 will be solid but a little and then 2020 could up end being as good as 2018. So good to see so many good players in the state.
Send a private message to new o Add new o to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:37 PM
Suspended
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Megget is on a distinguished road
I wish all the coaches would vote on the all state players, I think it should be mandatory
Send a private message to Megget Add Megget to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:37 AM
Suspended
Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Maroons is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Megget View Post
I wish all the coaches would vote on the all state players, I think it should be mandatory
I agree. Shows the level of interest by the coaches. Eyes dont lie.
Megget (04-28-2017)
Send a private message to Maroons Add Maroons to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:43 AM
Head Coach
Liked 145 Times in 100 Posts
LOOKAYANNER is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by new o View Post
At the moment there is only D1 player returning to the mountains which is Green. I am sure there are a few that will play college basketball somewhere and get a free education which is what it's all about. You also left out Higgins which has to be mentioned as one of the best in the mountains.
Macie Gibson of Owsley is a D-1 caliber player. Besides averaging 29/16 for Owsley last season she is playing for the number 2 Kentucky Premier team this summer. Kentucky Premier has many teams but the top two are for players with D-1 potential. She just got back from Indianapolis for her first games and the team went 4-0 and Macie averaged a double-double as a starter.

So yes, there are more than Green that has D-1 status. Proffit of PCC also is a future D-1 player.
I will admit that Green is no doubt the best player in the mountains. She's got a great future.
Send a private message to LOOKAYANNER Add LOOKAYANNER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Girls Basketball