Rate This Thread - Andrew Taylor has WITHDREW from Furman University and is back home in Corbin.....

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 10:04 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Laker is on a distinguished road
IMO, in Kentucky, NAIA is better than D-2 bc we only have limited D-2 schools so a lot of our “high school stars” choose NAIA over D-2 bc of locality and they get a great education. My kid had multiple D-2 and NAIA offers and chose NAIA bc of the location and we thought the NAIA school was better academically. Now, that being said, NAIA nationally may be a different story but we are fortunate to have at least 5 to 6 schools each year in the MSC to compete for a national championship in NAIA. Side note, currently, NAIA div 1 can give 11 FULL scholarships where D-2 NCAA can only give 6. To me, that tells me that if I can give 11 kids schollys and you can only give 6 then my team will probably be a little better.
ky playmaker (09-23-2018)
Send a private message to Laker Add Laker to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:36 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 6,069 Times in 3,857 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by rojas View Post
I know college is not for everyone. However, my degree (agriculture) has served me very well. My wife's degrees (nursing and public health) have served her well. My daughter's degree (education) continues to serve her well. And, my son's degrees (physics and mechanical engineering) is serving him very, very well. I wouldn't call any of our educations over-rated.
Neither would I. Believe it or not but I have 2 degrees.

I'm just saying that college isn't for everyone. A lot of people would rather work at a trade or in the technical divisions than go to college. It doesn't mean they are inferior or wrong; just different.

I like different.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:24 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,688 Times in 2,900 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Leader View Post
Well well well. I guess he wasn’t getting every call at furman in practice. D1 is for the big dogs. Maybe he can go somewhere that don’t know his history. Good luck.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 40 Times in 33 Posts
Leader is on a distinguished road
Lame. Lol. Just more excuses from you corbinities period. I love being right.
Send a private message to Leader Add Leader to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-23-2018, 01:54 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,754 Times in 1,987 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
D1 can give 13 scholarships. Top end of NAIA can can compete favorably with D2. D2 has more quality teams. Barely in school a month. Should have hung in there until end of semester. Hope he didn't leave for a girlfriend who he will break up with before he has to buy her a Christmas present.
ky playmaker (09-23-2018)
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-23-2018, 02:55 PM
Statistician
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Ballmom1 is on a distinguished road
Can you say K.A.R.M.A.
Send a private message to Ballmom1 Add Ballmom1 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-23-2018, 03:14 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

May it find you.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:00 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,688 Times in 2,900 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Lame. Lol. Just more excuses from you corbinities period. I love being right.
I have no idea what a corbinitie is but I'm not one. You are lame for sure.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:41 AM
2nd String
Liked 166 Times in 133 Posts
PRIDE101 is on a distinguished road
This was expected, at least by many. I don't see him playing anywhere. He may try it again but will end up just going to school. Nothing wrong with that. The Corbinites wouldn't have any of it last year when he was playing. His personality doesn't fit with collegiate athletics. Not much of a team player.
Send a private message to PRIDE101 Add PRIDE101 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-24-2018, 12:32 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 97 Times in 70 Posts
Jaguarhoundbird is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E's Army View Post
D1 can give 13 scholarships. Top end of NAIA can can compete favorably with D2. D2 has more quality teams. Barely in school a month. Should have hung in there until end of semester. Hope he didn't leave for a girlfriend who he will break up with before he has to buy her a Christmas present.
I hear that the girlfriend is a primary reason but I'm sure they made his life miserable down there too. But you would think he expected that.
Send a private message to Jaguarhoundbird Add Jaguarhoundbird to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-24-2018, 01:34 PM
BGR Staff

Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Posters, addressing a fact such as Mr. Taylor withdrawing from Furman is allowed and subject for discussion. However, since he is a minor and considered to be a student athlete, any personal details are not subject for discussion.

The thread is getting close to that, so please be careful what you say.

Thank you!!!
Old 09-24-2018, 01:45 PM
Scout Team
Liked 144 Times in 117 Posts
Motley is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
Posters, addressing a fact such as Mr. Taylor withdrawing from Furman is allowed and subject for discussion. However, since he is a minor and considered to be a student athlete, any personal details are not subject for discussion.

Thank you!!!
Is he a minor? At this point discussing him is no different than discussing a freshman player at UK.
Send a private message to Motley Add Motley to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-24-2018, 02:05 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
I have no idea what a corbinitie is but I'm not one. You are lame for sure.
Is that the best you’ve keyboard cowboy. Lol
Old 09-24-2018, 04:11 PM
Cheerleader

Thank you!!!
He is definitely not a minor, but it's his life to do what he wishes. Why he did it, or why he's going wherever he's going should be nobody's business. You just had a huge majority just waiting to see him fail, so the comments and speculation is of no surprise.
Send a private message to Jaguarhoundbird Add Jaguarhoundbird to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-24-2018, 06:07 PM
BGR Staff

Originally Posted by Motley View Post
Is he a minor? At this point discussing him is no different than discussing a freshman player at UK.
Originally Posted by Jaguarhoundbird View Post
He is definitely not a minor, but it's his life to do what he wishes. Why he did it, or why he's going wherever he's going should be nobody's business. You just had a huge majority just waiting to see him fail, so the comments and speculation is of no surprise.
If that freshman player at UK is under 18, then he still isn't eligible to be sliced and diced on here. However, if he is over 18 then I apologize and rescind the warning.

Jaguarhoundbird, are your SURE of his age?
Old 09-24-2018, 06:28 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 103 Times in 78 Posts
Blacksmith is on a distinguished road
Neither would I. Believe it or not but I have 2 degrees.

I'm just saying that college isn't for everyone. A lot of people would rather work at a trade or in the technical divisions than go to college. It doesn't mean they are inferior or wrong; just different.

I like different.
That's exactly the way I look at it. Secondary education of some kind is great and very useful but I think it needs to fit the person and what they want to do in life.. I know people who have teaching degrees but cant stand kids So they give up teaching after a couple years..
Some kids are more hands on and I think trade school is an excellent option for them..
The old wives tale that you cant make good money with your hands is crazy..
Send a private message to Blacksmith Add Blacksmith to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-24-2018, 06:46 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 37 Times in 35 Posts
Rainingthrees is on a distinguished road

Thank you!!!

He was 19 last year I think or for sure is now and now no longer in school period, I believe that he is for sure no longer considered a minor
Send a private message to Rainingthrees Add Rainingthrees to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Cheerleader
If that freshman player at UK is under 18, then he still isn't eligible to be sliced and diced on here. However, if he is over 18 then I apologize and rescind the warning.

Jaguarhoundbird, are your SURE of his age?
Definitely not a minor, but no sense in bashing the young man, regardless why he left, or where he's going. Some people just can't let it go. Whether it be for what he said, or the fact he sent their team home. (Leader)
E's Army (09-24-2018), ky playmaker (09-25-2018), Rainingthrees (09-24-2018)
Old 09-25-2018, 01:34 AM
Cheerleader
Nope not a minor. Nope nope
Old 09-25-2018, 04:09 PM
2nd String
Liked 166 Times in 133 Posts
PRIDE101 is on a distinguished road
Nor, can they take being wrong about a hometown boy, while pumping him up to be the next coming and realizing he isn't. Slices both ways.
Send a private message to PRIDE101 Add PRIDE101 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-25-2018, 04:33 PM
Scout Team
Liked 115 Times in 84 Posts
Bulldogs4Ever is on a distinguished road
Kid was pretty dang good. Give him a break. Any of you guys get a ride to a D1 school? He was an ALL Stater as well.
Wildcatk23 (09-26-2018)
Send a private message to Bulldogs4Ever Add Bulldogs4Ever to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-25-2018, 10:39 PM
Cheerleader
Exactly. He didn’t finsh his ride. Just like Petroski he wasn’t as good as everyone thought he was couldn’t take it and came home. He’ll go somewhere where the refs will take care of him and average 30 ppg. Good luck to him.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:24 AM
Contact Stardust For Help

Liked 977 Times in 710 Posts
Wildcatk23 has a spectacular aura aboutWildcatk23 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Wildcatk23 Send a message via Yahoo to Wildcatk23
Originally Posted by PRIDE101 View Post
Nor, can they take being wrong about a hometown boy, while pumping him up to be the next coming and realizing he isn't. Slices both ways.
I guess downing Young men to make you feel better about your life is a thing? Pathetic.

Send a private message to Wildcatk23 Add Wildcatk23 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-26-2018, 01:25 AM
Contact Stardust For Help

Liked 977 Times in 710 Posts
Wildcatk23 has a spectacular aura aboutWildcatk23 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Wildcatk23 Send a message via Yahoo to Wildcatk23
Exactly. He didn’t finsh his ride. Just like Petroski he wasn’t as good as everyone thought he was couldn’t take it and came home. He’ll go somewhere where the refs will take care of him and average 30 ppg. Good luck to him.
You come off as a very sad individual who probably hasn’t excelled at anything in life. Tough.

Send a private message to Wildcatk23 Add Wildcatk23 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-26-2018, 09:05 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Bashing a 19 year old kid while hiding on a message board is a classy thing to do. What are your life accomplishments? What have you accomplished? Did you make your grade school team? Coach Petrowski had a good college career and can retire right now with his legacy as a coach secure. What can you put forth in contrast rather than being like myself a message board hero?
CoachV182 (09-26-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 10:34 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
TheProfessor33 is on a distinguished road
There’s no shame in playing college basketball at any level. The kid was a good player, but D1 basketball players are a different level. They’re bigger, faster, stronger, and quicker. I believe he lacked the quickness and athleticism to compete at that level, especially on the defensive end. I remember him playing more post defense in high school, because he lacked the quickness to stay with guards out on the perimeter. At the D1 level, 6’2 or 6’3 (whatever he was), has to be able to play perimeter defense...period. My guess is that he realized that pretty early and decided playing at the D1 level wasn’t for him. It will probably prove to be a good move for him.
Send a private message to TheProfessor33 Add TheProfessor33 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-26-2018, 10:52 AM
Head Coach
Liked 374 Times in 293 Posts
ky playmaker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TheProfessor33 View Post
There’s no shame in playing college basketball at any level. The kid was a good player, but D1 basketball players are a different level. They’re bigger, faster, stronger, and quicker. I believe he lacked the quickness and athleticism to compete at that level, especially on the defensive end. I remember him playing more post defense in high school, because he lacked the quickness to stay with guards out on the perimeter. At the D1 level, 6’2 or 6’3 (whatever he was), has to be able to play perimeter defense...period. My guess is that he realized that pretty early and decided playing at the D1 level wasn’t for him. It will probably prove to be a good move for him.
I get your point if he was going to union or something but he is going from one d1 to a bigger d1 in western ky if what I was told is true
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-26-2018, 11:15 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
TheProfessor33 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ky playmaker View Post
I get your point if he was going to union or something but he is going from one d1 to a bigger d1 in western ky if what I was told is true
If that is true, I think he will struggle to play for the reasons I mentioned. I think he’s better suited to play NAIA or D2. However, I wish him the best.
Send a private message to TheProfessor33 Add TheProfessor33 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-26-2018, 11:40 AM
Statistician
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Ballmom1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E's Army View Post
Bashing a 19 year old kid while hiding on a message board is a classy thing to do. What are your life accomplishments? What have you accomplished? Did you make your grade school team? Coach Petrowski had a good college career and can retire right now with his legacy as a coach secure. What can you put forth in contrast rather than being like myself a message board hero?
Nobody needs to be bashing a 19 year old kid, I agree. But facts are facts.

He made several huge mistakes in the way he handled certain issues and most of those were racial in nature. He was NEVER held accountable and never learned how to take responsibility for his actions. I don't know if that's why he chose to leave Furman or not but I do believe it was a factor.

As far as Petrowski's "good college career", it certainly didn't happen at LSU where he originally received a full ride. Even Dale Brown said in an interview that he had lost a lot of players to other schools, but THIS is the first time he had ever lost one back to his mother.

You know as bad as people may hate it, facts are facts.
Send a private message to Ballmom1 Add Ballmom1 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 09-26-2018, 12:42 PM
Scout Team
Liked 101 Times in 81 Posts
ArJay is on a distinguished road
I am a Bell County guy and don't care for Corbin a bit. But He is a young man who has made some mistakes that he should regret. Once upon a time I was a young man who made some mistakes that I regret. I hope he has truly understood his mistakes from last year and corrected those. As far as him leaving Furman, its not easy for kids to leave home for college. I'd say at Bell County most that do are back home within the first year. So I can't blame him for that. I wish him the best and hope he goes somewhere to get an education and enjoy playing basketball.
E's Army (10-01-2018), The Outsider (09-26-2018)
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page
Closed Thread

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball