Rate This Thread - Church 101.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:50 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 1,255 Times in 878 Posts
Spirit100 is on a distinguished road
Resilience

I AM AN INFINITE EXPRESSION OF LIFE. I AM WHOLE AND WELL.
When a plant goes through a dry period, it grows stronger because it can no longer rely on surface moisture. It has to go deep. So do I. When difficulties cause me to reach toward a deeper level of my being, I experience a stronger sense of my capacity for growth and change. During these dry periods that seem to test my inner resources, I am encouraged to stretch and extend the roots of my soul to a deeper level.

There are no situations in my life that define me. I stand in my spiritual identity and honor that part of myself. No one can take away my essential, spiritual self from me. I bounce back from any adversity with ease and grace. I am resilient!

When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into the deep water and let down your nets.”—Luke 5:4

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
jetpilot (07-21-2019)
Send a private message to Spirit100 Add Spirit100 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 07-21-2019, 11:19 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,917 Times in 1,741 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Prayer for Healing and Strength

Father, thank you that you sent your Son to bring me life
Life in the fullness
Life for eternity
Thank you that I share in Christ's resurrection life
That Christ is alive in me
And His Spirit dwells deeply in my being
Right now I receive your healing
I receive the same power that raised Christ from the grave
I receive Your life
I receive Your strength

Thank you that all things are possible for those who believe
Thank you that you are moving in me right now
May I continue to receive from you
This hour and every hour.

Amen.
Spirit100 (07-28-2019)
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Inner Peace

I ALLOW THE PEACE OF GOD TO FLOW THROUGH ME NOW.

When I feel stressed by the busyness of my day, I remember the peace of God is as close as my next thought. No matter what is happening around me, I can always choose to experience a deep inner peace. Finding peace requires no strenuous effort but only my permission and cooperation.

Exhaling all tension, I inhale peace. Peace calms my thoughts and emotions and relaxes my body. With each breath, peace fills me and radiates from me. I continue to draw from this deep well of peace as I resume my daily activities with renewed energy and a quickened awareness of the infinite presence.

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.—Philippians 4:7

-Mahatma Gandhi
Send a private message to Spirit100 Add Spirit100 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Faith

I SEE CLEARLY WITH THE EYES OF FAITH.

When American mystic Charles Fillmore called faith “the perceiving power of the mind,” he was challenging me to exercise my God-sourced authority to create my world. I now take up this power and wield it to create the kind of life my heart truly desires. I include in this vision harmonious relationships, abundant circumstances, radiant health, and spiritual awakening.

I focus my mind on success, peace, and well-being in my life and world without dictating the details of how it might come about. I entrust this all to God and feel my sense of assurance and confidence grow. I know and affirm that everything is moving in the direction of my good and all is well.

And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.—Psalm 9:10

-Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Hall of Fame

Difficult times and trials can pull the plug on our strength like water draining from a bathtub. Sometimes we have little strength to begin with, and then Satan tries to siphon off every ounce of our remaining energy and enthusiasm. When facing trial before Nero in Rome, the apostle Paul rejected Satan’s attempt to discourage him and declared that while everyone else deserted him, the Lord came and stood beside him, strengthening him.

That’s the common experience of our biblical heroes. When Daniel was about to faint, he said, “The one having the likeness of a man touched me and strengthened me” (Daniel 10:18). Moses promised, “As your days, so shall your strength be” (Deuteronomy 33:25). Isaiah said, “And to those who have no might He increases strength…. But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength” (Isaiah 40:29-31). The biblical record is clear for us to follow, we are strengthened in our inner man when we turn to God for His help and power.

We don’t have enough strength in our bodies and personalities to handle unexpected crises, but remember—there is unexpected strength from the Lord. Draw strength from Him today.

I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand/upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.

-Mahatma Gandhi

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Religion/Spirituality