Rate This Thread - University of Kentucky 7on7 June 17th.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:17 PM
2nd String
Liked 179 Times in 124 Posts
Coach_Lockwood is on a distinguished road
Default University of Kentucky 7on7 June 17th
The following teams have reserved a spot in this year's 7 on 7 tournament at the University of Kentucky on June 17th.

The tournament will be capped at 24 teams.

Advertisement outside of Kentucky is about to begin. We always try to give programs in Kentucky first shot at registering.

1 Glasgow
2 Highland Hills (IN)
3 Williamsburg
4 Lexington Catholic
5 McNabb
6 Woodford County
7 JCTMS
8 Allen
9 Northern Pulaski
10 Johnson County
11 Elkhorn
12 Letcher Central
13 Anderson County
14 Owensboro Catholic
15 North Laurel
16 Verity (Ashland)
17 Shelby East

Waiting for confirmation -
18? Barret

Anyone interested in entering needs to contact Coach Bass @

FF40212@gmail.com
Send a private message to Coach_Lockwood Add Coach_Lockwood to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:30 AM
2nd String
TOURNAMENT IS FULL!! They have 2 teams on wait list in case someone drops out.
Send a private message to Coach_Lockwood Add Coach_Lockwood to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:30 AM
Starter
Liked 269 Times in 184 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
The 7 on 7 to be held at UK on June 17 is officially full.

Teams participating -
1 Glasgow
2 Highland Hills (IN)
3 Williamsburg
4 Lexington Catholic
5 McNabb
6 Woodford County
7 JCTMS
8 Allen
9 Northern Pulaski
10 Johnson County
11 Elkhorn
12 Letcher Central
13 Anderson County
14 Owensboro Catholic
15 North Laurel
16 Verity (Ashland)
17 Shelby East
18 Grant County
19 Westport
20 Bondurant
21 Bourbon County
22 Spencer County
23 Johnson Traditional
24 Somerset Meece

Wait list -
25 Barret
26 Allen County
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:44 PM
Statistician
Liked 43 Times in 29 Posts
CoachNM0523 is on a distinguished road
Just an open ended question: how much do you think a 7 on 7 tournament helps seventh grade teams? I know teams like Williamsburg and Lex Cath traditionally spread the ball around and throw it everywhere. Teams like JC and NL typically are more of a pound in down your throat guy. Also, are the 7 on 7's for 7th and 8th combined or are they split or just for 8th? Just trying to start friendly conversation.
Send a private message to CoachNM0523 Add CoachNM0523 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:27 AM
2nd String
All of the 7on7s you see are for current 6th/7th graders. No current 8th graders are allowed to play.

I see a benefit to all teams even if your a power run team. The main reason is it helps you set up your defense against a those teams that will spread it out and with more and more teams moving to the pistol/shotgun pass/run style game in high schools it is best these kids learn to defend against it.

I know power teams that enter these strictly for the defensive practice against the pass. I mean how far are you going to go if you can stop every single run but can't stop a basic corner route?
CoachNM0523 (04-20-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 06:38 AM
2nd String
And even if it didn't help teacher your defense how to play the pass, its great for conditioning.

I have played my teams in some tourneys where other teams are made up of a lot of lineman.

Also when you look at some of these kids who will be (or are) recruited by colleges, most don't run power as sole offense anymore.

I have had kids participate in the all-star format 7on7 tourneys and have received camp invites and offers from their ability shown.

A lot of schools are now offering lineman challenges so teams can bring out the big boys/girls to get work in.

I am working on setting up a big tourney in the Louisville area for Next year that will include a lineman challenge and have a lot of teams.
Wildcat18 (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 07:30 AM
Scout Team
Liked 67 Times in 42 Posts
MR. Slate is on a distinguished road
We play to get started as a unit. Also, we go to U.K. for The atmosphere. How many kids get to go and play on Kentucky's facilities and mingle with the coaches?
It also helps our coverage and we are also starting to throw the ball a little more.
Coach_Lockwood (04-21-2017), Wildcat18 (04-21-2017)
Send a private message to MR. Slate Add MR. Slate to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:41 AM
Starter
Liked 387 Times in 263 Posts
Wildcat18 is an unknown quantity at this point
I will 2nd the conditioning. The farther you advance, specifically at UK, the more it takes a toll on a middle school kid's body and mentality. You play continuously from 10AM - 4PM with few breaks in the sunny 80 degree heat. You can differentiate between your contenders and your pretenders. The kids that are playing their best ball at the end of the day when they're dead tired are the kids who I will trust in the big games when you get into pads.
Coach_Lockwood (04-21-2017)
Send a private message to Wildcat18 Add Wildcat18 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:34 AM
Statistician
Liked 43 Times in 29 Posts
CoachNM0523 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Coach_Lockwood View Post
And even if it didn't help teacher your defense how to play the pass, its great for conditioning.

I have played my teams in some tourneys where other teams are made up of a lot of lineman.

Also when you look at some of these kids who will be (or are) recruited by colleges, most don't run power as sole offense anymore.

I have had kids participate in the all-star format 7on7 tourneys and have received camp invites and offers from their ability shown.

A lot of schools are now offering lineman challenges so teams can bring out the big boys/girls to get work in.

I am working on setting up a big tourney in the Louisville area for Next year that will include a lineman challenge and have a lot of teams.
I really like the idea of what you're going to do in Louisville. Sounds great.
Send a private message to CoachNM0523 Add CoachNM0523 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Middle School Sports » Football