Rate This Thread - How Did You Meet Your Significant Other(s) ?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:43 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,068 Times in 725 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default How Did You Meet Your Significant Other(s) ?
It's Valentines Day and love is supposed to be in the air although I don't feel it. Anyway, how did you meet your significant other? If you have more than one, God bless you, how did you meet them too?
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:54 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

I met my significant other in the work place. She actually approached me and asked me for my number as hard as that is to believe. I honestly think she regrets her decision at times, but she is darn lucky is all I can say. This June, if we make it that long, will mark 17 years that we have been together.
Spud6 (02-14-2018)
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:33 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,710 Times in 3,607 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
^Are you married?
Old 02-14-2018, 08:35 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
^Are you married?
No.

Once I feel I know her well enough we might get married. The feeling out process is still going on. It takes time.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:46 AM
BGR Staff

Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
So, I was home from college one summer and was out with my boyfriend. My ride or die girlfriend pulls up and wants us to ride with her while she chases this guy that just got out of the Army. So we got in her car and she took off making the rounds of all the normal cruising spots.......drive-ins for you older folks.

We got a coke down at one of the more popular spots, when the guy she was chasing pulls in in a yellow Thunderbird. I drove a Mustang and couldn't help but poke fun at this fairy car. lol He comes over walking the "military walk" and asks who I was. I was sitting in my boyfriend's lap and he's making a move on me! Cocky, arrogant, etc etc

I was with him a couple days later at another friend's party and we started talking. He asked me out that weekend, that was July 31st 1971. We saw each other every single day after that. That was the year of "Love Story", a tear jerker of a movie about a young couple in love. My birthday is Aug 13th, so he took me to see that movie for my birthday. I was a little teary when the lights came up in the theatre, and there he was on one knee with an engagment ring.

So, we were engaged 2 weeks after we met and married in January 1972. As cheezy as it sounds, we are still in love with each other today, 46 years later.

So, don't ask me if I believe in love at first sight! I lived it.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:47 AM
BGR Staff

Originally Posted by Westside View Post
No.

Once I feel I know her well enough we might get married. The feeling out process is still going on. It takes time.
You'd better put a ring on it!!
Old 02-14-2018, 08:51 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

So, I was home from college one summer and was out with my boyfriend. My ride or die girlfriend pulls up and wants us to ride with her while she chases this guy that just got out of the Army. So we got in her car and she took off making the rounds of all the normal cruising spots.......drive-ins for you older folks.

We got a coke down at one of the more popular spots, when the guy she was chasing pulls in in a yellow Thunderbird. I drove a Mustang and couldn't help but poke fun at this fairy car. lol He comes over walking the "military walk" and asks who I was. I was sitting in my boyfriend's lap and he's making a move on me! Cocky, arrogant, etc etc

I was with him a couple days later at another friend's party and we started talking. He asked me out that weekend, that was July 31st 1971. We saw each other every single day after that. That was the year of "Love Story", a tear jerker of a movie about a young couple in love. My birthday is Aug 13th, so he took me to see that movie for my birthday. I was a little teary when the lights came up in the theatre, and there he was on one knee with an engagment ring.

So, we were engaged 2 weeks after we met and married in January 1972. As cheezy as it sounds, we are still in love with each other today, 46 years later.

That is a great story, Granny Bear.
Granny Bear (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 08:52 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

You'd better put a ring on it!!
I agree. I need too.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:06 PM
Starter
Liked 310 Times in 215 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Walmart.
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:18 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
Walmart.
Were you all working there or shopping?
Old 02-14-2018, 12:56 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 565 Times in 399 Posts
Jarons will become famous soon enoughJarons will become famous soon enough
Working at Powell Top Floor Cafeteria at EKU. I was her student supervisor making a whole nickel an hour more. I used to tease that she only dated me for the money. Will be married 17 years in November.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:10 PM
BGR Staff

^^
You got a keeper, too!!

Or did she purchase you there??

Old 02-14-2018, 03:17 PM

Liked 831 Times in 656 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough

I got to ask, what happened with the other boyfriend? Just dipped him cold turkey?
Old 02-14-2018, 03:21 PM

Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
This will be our third valentines day together and we met by a mutual friend of ours that introduced us in the McDonald's parking lot in coal run. The rest is history, we went to Morehead that following year and that's when we began dating and haven't looked back since.

I call her the general manager and I'm the head coach, she makes the decisions and I make sure they happen.
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:35 PM
BGR Staff

^^
Sounds like a formula for a successful relationship!

Originally Posted by Spud6 View Post
I got to ask, what happened with the other boyfriend? Just dipped him cold turkey?
I wouldn't dip him in anything!! He got a job in Corbin and moved there. Married a wonderful woman and they had a large family. His job and my husband's job intersected some years down the road. They became fast and very good friends.

Both men are wonderful people!
Old 02-14-2018, 10:29 PM

^^
Sounds like a formula for a successful relationship!

I wouldn't dip him in anything!! He got a job in Corbin and moved there. Married a wonderful woman and they had a large family. His job and my husband's job intersected some years down the road. They became fast and very good friends.

Both men are wonderful people!
Well thatís an awesome story all around.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,173 Times in 1,288 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
GB, I am blown away by your story. It sounds like a movie...a very good movie. No wonder you always sound so positive and in a good mood!
Granny Bear (02-14-2018)
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:41 PM
BGR Staff

This will probably make everybody sick JP, but my whole life has been like a movie. I couldn't have gotten a better man to spend my life with had I looked for years. We just celebrated our 46th and looking forward to many many more.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:11 AM
Starter
Shopping, ran my cart into by accident and there you go.
Westside (02-15-2018)
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:12 AM
Starter
^^
You got a keeper, too!!

Or did she purchase you there??
I am definitely a clearance rack special.
Granny Bear (02-15-2018), Spud6 (02-15-2018), Westside (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 09:44 AM
BGR Staff

I kinda doubt that, and must wonder if that collision was "accidental".

Old 02-16-2018, 11:13 PM
Hall of Fame

This will probably make everybody sick JP, but my whole life has been like a movie. I couldn't have gotten a better man to spend my life with had I looked for years. We just celebrated our 46th and looking forward to many many more.

No way! Love stories like yours, they are very rare! Not being nosey, what little town were you cruising in when you encountered the yellow Thunderbird?
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:13 PM
Hall of Fame

^^^Wasn't meaning to pry GB (I feel like I need to point out that I don't know anyone from Harlan Co.) just love the small town stories of E Ky. Our small towns aren't anything like the they were back in the day. I miss that.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
BGR Staff

I miss it too JP. I didn't want to bore everybody, so check your PMs.

The little drive ins that we cruised back in the early 70s aren't even around anymore.

Kinda sad!

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » General Discussions