Rate This Thread - Who is the Greatest ROBIN to Batman?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:03 AM
This is my favorite pastime

Liked 4,650 Times in 3,196 Posts
Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
Default Who is the Greatest ROBIN to Batman?
Many Superhero's have a Super Side-Kick

Sticking with this theme in the Sports World, who was the greatest side-kick in your estimation?

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:07 AM

Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
My first, and who I consider the greatest is Scottie Pippen! Michael Jordan was arguably the greatest to ever play the game, but until Pippen came along, MJ was forced to do everything from bringing the ball up the floor, starting and finishing every play on offense, then having to make every play on defense. Once Pippen came in, MJ had the ability to let the game come to him. Pippen took a lot of pressure off of MJ, allowing both player to maximize their individual talents. IMO, MJ does not win 6 titles, maybe zero, without Pippen.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:11 AM

My 2nd choice would be Lou Gherig. Though Sweet Lou could easily argued to be even better than Babe Ruth in overall abilities, I don't think it can be debated that the world of baseball recognizes Ruth as one of the most important individuals to ever play the game, thus he overshadowed Gherig. Where Pippen could not excel when separated from Jordan, Gherig did prove that he could exist after Ruth.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,866 Times in 1,996 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
Gotta go with Pippen.
He even led the Bulls when Jordan retired the first time...

But IMO Scottie Pippen was simply the best on ball defender of all-time.
Big, strong, quick, long arms and the skill to go with it.

Phil Jackson also had the "Open Set" in which Pippen would bring the ball up the court when Michael was on the bench. That set led to a lot of people getting put on posters.

Phil tried to recreate that with Lamar Odom in LA - but Odom wasn't Pippen lol
LWC (08-22-2012), Stardust (08-21-2012)
Send a private message to zaga_fan Add zaga_fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 PM
2nd String
Liked 184 Times in 143 Posts
NothingTrivial is on a distinguished road
My first choice would be Marvin Harrison, on any other team he would have been the superstar, but with Peyton Manning he was for sure the robin in that situation.
LWC (08-22-2012), Stardust (08-22-2012)
Send a private message to NothingTrivial Add NothingTrivial to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 61 Times in 45 Posts
running_clock will become famous soon enoughrunning_clock will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by NothingTrivial View Post
My first choice would be Marvin Harrison, on any other team he would have been the superstar, but with Peyton Manning he was for sure the robin in that situation.
I would argue that on any other team he would have been the 2nd WR on the depth chart. Not saying that I'm right or anything, but I think Manning made him.
Send a private message to running_clock Add running_clock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:01 PM
2nd String
Liked 184 Times in 143 Posts
NothingTrivial is on a distinguished road
Manning may have made him...but 1100+ receptions and 120+ td's is one **** of a Robin.
LWC (08-22-2012), Stardust (08-22-2012)
Send a private message to NothingTrivial Add NothingTrivial to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by NothingTrivial View Post
Manning may have made him...but 1100+ receptions and 120+ td's is one **** of a Robin.
Considering this thread is about who is the best Robin to Batman, you are 100% correct!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:45 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 1,017 Times in 793 Posts
LWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the rough
Clyde Drexler. 10 time All-Star but still wasn't even the best player on his team.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Starter
Liked 398 Times in 220 Posts
Jumper Dad is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
My 2nd choice would be Lou Gherig. Though Sweet Lou could easily argued to be even better than Babe Ruth in overall abilities, I don't think it can be debated that the world of baseball recognizes Ruth as one of the most important individuals to ever play the game, thus he overshadowed Gherig. Where Pippen could not excel when separated from Jordan, Gherig did prove that he could exist after Ruth.

Gherig is The MAN!!! By any account he is the "Best 2nd Best" player on any team in history!

Then after Ruth left he was the best in baseball until ALS took his life.
Stardust (11-21-2012)
Send a private message to Jumper Dad Add Jumper Dad to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Professional Sports » Other