Rate This Thread - Rugby player loses testicle after final defeat.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:23 AM
This is my favorite pastime

Liked 4,650 Times in 3,196 Posts
Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
Default Rugby player loses testicle after final defeat
British rugby league player Paul Wood has lost a testicle after a collision during the English sport's showpiece final at Manchester's Old Trafford stadium on Saturday.

Wood was playing for the Warrington Wolves against Leeds Rhinos in the Super League Grand Final.

The prop sustained the injury one minute into the second half, but managed to play the rest of the match before seeking treatment.

Despite Wood's determined effort, Warrington lost the match 26-18 to 2011 champions Leeds.

Just coming out the hospital to go home... Seriously feel like I've left something?

Paul Wood

"Ruptured my right testicle, got a knee one minute into the second half, had to have it removed," tweeted the 30-year-old father of two.
Showing his sense of humor remained intact, he later tweeted: "Just coming out the hospital to go home... Seriously feel like I've left something?

"Tony Smith (Warrington coach) did say in his pre-match team talk last night 'your balls are on the line here guys!' I didn't think he meant literally."
Rugby League is similar to Rugby Union, although each team has 13 players rather than 15.

In addition to being played in Britain, the sport is also popular is Australia and New Zealand.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/08/sport/...html?hpt=hp_t3

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 AM
RETIRED

Liked 8,019 Times in 5,549 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has disabled reputation

At least he has a good attitude...
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 1,017 Times in 793 Posts
LWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the rough
Honestly, I would never play again after that.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Go Jackets!

Liked 115 Times in 94 Posts
M'boroYellowJacket is on a distinguished road
This is the weirdest thing I have heard all day
Send a private message to M'boroYellowJacket Add M'boroYellowJacket to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Tiger Pride

Liked 483 Times in 335 Posts
PaintsvilleTigerfan will become famous soon enough
He played after losing a nut? Tough man.
Do-double-gg (10-21-2012), Stardust (10-14-2012)
Send a private message to PaintsvilleTigerfan Add PaintsvilleTigerfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Statistician
Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts
bball dad is on a distinguished road
Man that's gotta hurt
Send a private message to bball dad Add bball dad to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Head Coach

Liked 893 Times in 638 Posts
Do-double-gg is on a distinguished road
LOL!!!
Send a private message to Do-double-gg Add Do-double-gg to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 77 Times in 50 Posts
baller4lyfe is on a distinguished road
I've definitely heard this one before. Rugby is a **** manly sport.

"Shelford made his Test debut for the All Blacks later that year against France in a 19–7 victory in Toulouse, and then was a notable victim of the infamous "Battle of Nantes" in the second Test. Roughly 20 minutes into the match, he was caught at the bottom of a rather aggressive ruck, and an errant French boot found its way into Shelford's groin, somehow ripping his scrotum and leaving one testicle hanging free. He also lost four teeth in the process. Incredibly, after discovering the injury to his scrotum, he calmly asked the physio to stitch up the tear and returned to the field before a blow to his head left him concussed. He was substituted and watched the remainder of the game from the grandstand where he witnessed the All Blacks lose 16–3. To this day Shelford has no memory of the game."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Shelford
Send a private message to baller4lyfe Add baller4lyfe to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Professional Sports » Other