Rate This Thread - 13th Region Predictions.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Starter
Liked 191 Times in 155 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Yeah, Middlesboro has to be top 10 with five starters back and three other kids who either started or were sixth man somewhere else.
Williamsburg could be there also.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:42 AM
Statistician
Liked 37 Times in 24 Posts
tazcat is an unknown quantity at this point
My son plays for Middlesboro and they are gonna be pretty good this year. Got all 5 starters back plus Brock from Bell and the Overbay boys from Lynn Camp. I know its summer stuff but we ran Corbin off their own floor, lost to Knox by 5 and could have won, went undefeated at LMU, beat Harlan City by 20 and competed very well in Lexington

I can understand they won't get respect cause it's been an uphill battle for the program they will have to earn it. Schedule is favorable but not a cakewalk

Not saying Middlesboro should be a region favorite but nobody better overlook them cause they have good enough players and high school.experience to beat anybody in this region on a given night.

Football is just passing the time for basketball around here these days should be a very fun season
Send a private message to tazcat Add tazcat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:22 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 63 Times in 53 Posts
ArJay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tazcat View Post
My son plays for Middlesboro and they are gonna be pretty good this year. Got all 5 starters back plus Brock from Bell and the Overbay boys from Lynn Camp. I know its summer stuff but we ran Corbin off their own floor, lost to Knox by 5 and could have won, went undefeated at LMU, beat Harlan City by 20 and competed very well in Lexington

I can understand they won't get respect cause it's been an uphill battle for the program they will have to earn it. Schedule is favorable but not a cakewalk

Not saying Middlesboro should be a region favorite but nobody better overlook them cause they have good enough players and high school.experience to beat anybody in this region on a given night.

Football is just passing the time for basketball around here these days should be a very fun season
Middlesboro is loaded with talent. They have not had anything to work with in years. They finally were going to be in good shape this year after paying younger players the last 2 or 3 years and out of know where they pick up 3 players. I donít know much about the Overbey brothers, but Brock is as athletic as anyone in the region.
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:55 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
blueandgreen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ArJay View Post
I donít know much about NL and donít put much stock into summer ball, but I did hear Bell bear them a couple times this summer. Iím surprised to see them in the top 4 or higher in rankings.
We're going to be fairly young just graduated a large senior class but they'll be some talent. Havent been impressed with Sizemore as a coach over the years but last year he done as good a job as anybody in the region. Wouldn't be surprised if my jags aren't as good as last year and win the district again.
Send a private message to blueandgreen Add blueandgreen to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:54 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 63 Times in 53 Posts
ArJay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blueandgreen View Post
We're going to be fairly young just graduated a large senior class but they'll be some talent. Havent been impressed with Sizemore as a coach over the years but last year he done as good a job as anybody in the region. Wouldn't be surprised if my jags aren't as good as last year and win the district again.
I didnít see the games. Shucks, North may have been missing some youngíuns, but I did hear Bell beat them twice.
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball