Rate This Thread - Midterms.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 11-11-2018, 01:23 AM
jetpilot jetpilot is online now
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pikeville, Ky
Posts: 6,336
Likes: 1,950
Liked 2,541 Times in 1,488 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
That is not true. Jon Tester won in Montana, Tina Smith won in Minnesota, Robert Menendez won in New Jersey, Time Kaine won in Virginia (I voted against him), Debbie Stabenow won in Michigan, Dianne Feinstein won in California - there are more.

Democrats paid little if any price for the Kavenaugh scams. It may be true that a couple of Democrats running in states won by Trump in 2016 who voted against Kavenaugh's nomination lost (McCaskill and HeitKamp), but they were expected to face stiff challenges anyway. Maybe the Kavenaugh votes were the deciding factor in those two races, I'm not sure that was the case, but Democrats did not pay a steep price for the hoaxes either way.
Yes my bad I meant red states. Add Nelson and Donnelly.
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #62  
Old 11-11-2018, 06:51 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,141
Likes: 720
Liked 1,005 Times in 839 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
There is no Democrat at any level of government who I would consider voting for, so I am not the best judge but, yes, anybody who does not have a record of continuous scandals and criminal behavior will be a stronger candidate than Hillary Clinton. Who among us would have said that Obama would have been a good candidate in 2006? He was a horrible president, but he won two terms. You are being naive if you really believe that Democrats have no chance of winning in 2020.


I mean, one has to be able to smell the coffee here. Voters are electing people like socialist and uber lib Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to the US Congress. Meanwhile Dial-a-thug offers a unique service in providing protestors, on a moment's notice, to show up at conservative's homes, or a restaurant where they and their family might be trying to eat dinner, or the Supreme Court, or the Congress as the case may be, to harass and threaten Republican government officials. That would be up to and including the Vice President and/or the Majority Leader of the US Senate no less.

The DOJ stopped enforcing the law for liberals under the corrupt Obama administration. No liberal at any level is being held accountable for any shenanigan or crime. And in case this has somehow slipped somebody's notice, we just saw 2 years of across the board Democrat stonewalling elapse. That with Republicans in control of the entire federal government. The minority Democrats were nonetheless able effectively, to shut down the Congress. And DJT has had to for all intent and purpose, govern 'around them.' But in spite of all the reckless contempt for the law, Democrats were still able to take back the House. At any rate owing to the lack of accountability, everybody from fake witnesses to super-politicized elections officials, evidently feel emboldened to defy the US Government.

Dems are for sale, and there are a lot of people who can be bought. We may be even closer to the vortex of the drain than I had feared. The US taxpayer has but one card to play; when elections are lost, whether by vote, or fraud, or a combination thereof, it's over. The power lies in the hands of voters and as I said, the choices they're making are terrifying. Just wait until the new Democrat Chairs take over the various committees once again, all this complacency will dissolve away in a matter of weeks.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic." --- Benjamin Franklin
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-12-2018, 02:56 AM
jetpilot jetpilot is online now
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pikeville, Ky
Posts: 6,336
Likes: 1,950
Liked 2,541 Times in 1,488 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
I mean, one has to be able to smell the coffee here. Voters are electing people like socialist and uber lib Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to the US Congress. Meanwhile Dial-a-thug offers a unique service in providing protestors, on a moment's notice, to show up at conservative's homes, or a restaurant where they and their family might be trying to eat dinner, or the Supreme Court, or the Congress as the case may be, to harass and threaten Republican government officials. That would be up to and including the Vice President and/or the Majority Leader of the US Senate no less.

The DOJ stopped enforcing the law for liberals under the corrupt Obama administration. No liberal at any level is being held accountable for any shenanigan or crime. And in case this has somehow slipped somebody's notice, we just saw 2 years of across the board Democrat stonewalling elapse. That with Republicans in control of the entire federal government. The minority Democrats were nonetheless able effectively, to shut down the Congress. And DJT has had to for all intent and purpose, govern 'around them.' But in spite of all the reckless contempt for the law, Democrats were still able to take back the House. At any rate owing to the lack of accountability, everybody from fake witnesses to super-politicized elections officials, evidently feel emboldened to defy the US Government.

Dems are for sale, and there are a lot of people who can be bought. We may be even closer to the vortex of the drain than I had feared. The US taxpayer has but one card to play; when elections are lost, whether by vote, or fraud, or a combination thereof, it's over. The power lies in the hands of voters and as I said, the choices they're making are terrifying. Just wait until the new Democrat Chairs take over the various committees once again, all this complacency will dissolve away in a matter of weeks.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic." --- Benjamin Franklin
Franklin borrowed that from de Tocqueville lol!

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-12-2018, 09:57 AM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,141
Likes: 720
Liked 1,005 Times in 839 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post
Franklin borrowed that from de Tocqueville lol!

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.


Yeah I've seen those arguments. Franklin was a key leader involved with the formation of America. I doubt that Tocqueville could have jumped to that deep an analysis of our infant culture even before Franklin did. Regardless which one of them said it first, the impact and accuracy of the thought was prophetic. We're seeing it all go down in real time.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-12-2018, 10:53 AM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,491
Likes: 769
Liked 1,485 Times in 1,067 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Both are great quotes, but as far as I have been able to find, neither Franklin nor de Toqueville actually said either. The quotes have been attributed to Franklin and de Toqueville so many times that the truth will probably never be known. Unfortunately, given the bias of Google, the anti-American socialists may be effectively hiding corroborating documentation from me.

My favorite variation of this theme, which is well documented, was uttered by Margaret Thatcher, "The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." We are living under the boot of socialism and our government has run out of other people's money. Sometime in the not too distant future, other people around the world will start refusing to loan the U.S. money to squander.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:19 AM
jetpilot jetpilot is online now
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pikeville, Ky
Posts: 6,336
Likes: 1,950
Liked 2,541 Times in 1,488 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
Both are great quotes, but as far as I have been able to find, neither Franklin nor de Toqueville actually said either. The quotes have been attributed to Franklin and de Toqueville so many times that the truth will probably never be known. Unfortunately, given the bias of Google, the anti-American socialists may be effectively hiding corroborating documentation from me.

My favorite variation of this theme, which is well documented, was uttered by Margaret Thatcher, "The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." We are living under the boot of socialism and our government has run out of other people's money. Sometime in the not too distant future, other people around the world will start refusing to loan the U.S. money to squander.
I wish they would hurry! But even then our own idiots will just print more.
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:51 AM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,141
Likes: 720
Liked 1,005 Times in 839 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
Both are great quotes, but as far as I have been able to find, neither Franklin nor de Toqueville actually said either. The quotes have been attributed to Franklin and de Toqueville so many times that the truth will probably never be known. Unfortunately, given the bias of Google, the anti-American socialists may be effectively hiding corroborating documentation from me.

My favorite variation of this theme, which is well documented, was uttered by Margaret Thatcher, "The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." We are living under the boot of socialism and our government has run out of other people's money. Sometime in the not too distant future, other people around the world will start refusing to loan the U.S. money to squander.


America is under threat of a socialist takeover. A majority coalition comprised of voters who've either been on the take their whole lives, or are otherwise collegiately indoctrinated liberals with no world experience on which to draw, could be forming. I don't think that threshold has been met, but anybody can see it coming. As we have seen, just one party which BTW is only partially loyal to traditional conservatism, is just not enough to keep the lunacy at bay.

The EU is already about as socialist as they come and as such are about tapped out I would think, and in no position to loan the US any real money. That just leaves China, India, Taiwan, Brazil and a few others for us to lean on. But the point is it will be a sad day in this world when Communist China and socialist Europe will hold America's financial leash because she so willingly abdicated her place in the world. As far as I can tell the fundamental transformation hasn't slowed down one bit.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-12-2018, 12:04 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,491
Likes: 769
Liked 1,485 Times in 1,067 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post
I wish they would hurry! But even then our own idiots will just print more.
I think Democrats' immigration goal is to populate this country with as many constituents as possible who have experience living in banana republics and sky high inflation rates.

When our government starts inflating our own currency to pay the unsustainable national debt as our creditors balk at throwing good money after bad, then life as we know it will end. That is the ultimate fate of banana republics and our country is quickly being transformed into a banana republic. That is evident with our immigration policies and with Democrats' efforts to steal every election that is remotely close.
Likes: (1)
jetpilot (11-12-2018)
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-12-2018, 12:53 PM
jetpilot jetpilot is online now
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pikeville, Ky
Posts: 6,336
Likes: 1,950
Liked 2,541 Times in 1,488 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
I think Democrats' immigration goal is to populate this country with as many constituents as possible who have experience living in banana republics and sky high inflation rates.

When our government starts inflating our own currency to pay the unsustainable national debt as our creditors balk at throwing good money after bad, then life as we know it will end. That is the ultimate fate of banana republics and our country is quickly being transformed into a banana republic. That is evident with our immigration policies and with Democrats' efforts to steal every election that is remotely close.
I strongly agree with every word of that. The only thing I would add is there
are plenty of Republicans hooked on spending now as well (have to promise handouts to get elected or at least not to cut the growth of all the handouts already out there), which makes your doomsday scenario all the more certain.
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-12-2018, 01:56 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,491
Likes: 769
Liked 1,485 Times in 1,067 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post
I strongly agree with every word of that. The only thing I would add is there
are plenty of Republicans hooked on spending now as well (have to promise handouts to get elected or at least not to cut the growth of all the handouts already out there), which makes your doomsday scenario all the more certain.
Most Republicans campaign exactly the way that most Democrats campaign. They boast amount how much money they have been able to get the state or federal government to spend in their home town or district.

The last time that I voted for a Democrat was after listening to a Hal Rogers campaign speech. I will never make that mistake again, but you are exactly right about Republican politicians and spending. Vote buying using government funds is how most politicians in both parties stay in office - that and by shaking down the private sector for campaign donations. Free stuff and scare tactics - the carrot and the stick.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 11-12-2018, 09:00 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,141
Likes: 720
Liked 1,005 Times in 839 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
Most Republicans campaign exactly the way that most Democrats campaign. They boast amount how much money they have been able to get the state or federal government to spend in their home town or district.

The last time that I voted for a Democrat was after listening to a Hal Rogers campaign speech. I will never make that mistake again, but you are exactly right about Republican politicians and spending. Vote buying using government funds is how most politicians in both parties stay in office - that and by shaking down the private sector for campaign donations. Free stuff and scare tactics - the carrot and the stick.


Republicans do pretty well in defending us against foreign enemies of state. But domestically, it's been a different story. Take the issue of ObamaCare and the ridiculous notion of mandating the preexisting conditions clause. At first Republicans cried foul and rightly so, because the 'well' folks whom are being forced to pay for the catastrophic costs of others associated with preexisting health issues, can no longer afford their own care.

Nonetheless Republicans in rather short order, totally jumped on board with insuring those with preexisting health issues at the same rates as their healthy peers. In other words Republicans rolled over and played dead on any resistance, insisting they would now forever take care of those with 'preexisting conditions.' They stuck the taxpayers. Incredibly, in the midterms the Dems were still able to sell voters on the idea that Republicans were going to take their social security and their health care. Dems lie, and the people buy.

The point being Republicans are so malleable to the preexisting liberal forces in government, that even though the Dems may successfully co-op Republicans into one of their causes, they can still use that cause against Republicans in elections.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Politics and Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.