Rate This Thread - Who’s some players to watch for in 1a this year?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:15 PM
Water Boy
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Frogs22 is on a distinguished road
Default Who’s some players to watch for in 1a this year?
1. Jake hyden ( Paintsville )
2. Harris Phelps ( Paintsville )
3. Isaac Mcnamee ( Pikeville )
4. Tyson Turner ( Hazard )
5. Andrew Ford ( Hazard )

Just throwing out a few names that are on my watch list this year. No particular order
Send a private message to Frogs22 Add Frogs22 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:08 PM
Statistician
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Oleballcoach is on a distinguished road
Raceland QB
Pikeville QB
Phelps at Paintsville
Hazard always seems to have a hard nose running back.
I would look for Wade Hensley to setup in right in a nice role for Pikeville.

Those would be some of mine without looking to see who is returning.
Patriot1 (06-23-2020), PHS DYNASTY (06-22-2020)
Send a private message to Oleballcoach Add Oleballcoach to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:47 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 278 Times in 179 Posts
PHS DYNASTY is on a distinguished road
Imo, look for Sophomore Carson wright of Pikeville to stud up this season, as well as Peyton Salyer. Peyton started as a Freshman last year and did a great job all season.
Gus McCrae (06-23-2020), Patriot1 (06-23-2020)
Send a private message to PHS DYNASTY Add PHS DYNASTY to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:01 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,165 Times in 1,887 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PHS DYNASTY View Post
Imo, look for Sophomore Carson wright of Pikeville to stud up this season, as well as Peyton Salyer. Peyton started as a Freshman last year and did a great job all season.
Yes Peyton Sayers and his brother Mason will be very good. Carson Wright will be a pure beast on both sides of the ball.
Pikeville is loaded again despite losing a great senior class.

Other Pikeville players to watch, and you will hear of many more:

Zac Lockhart
Nate Collins
Josh Taylor

Many others will make a name for themselves as well.
The Panthers may take a while to gel this year, but I see them rolling to Kroger again...
Gus McCrae (06-22-2020), Patriot1 (06-23-2020), PHS DYNASTY (06-22-2020)
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:24 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Should have mentioned Landon Hammock in the prior post, he was a force on the state championship team.

You will hear a bunch of other names this year for sure!

This isn't the thread, but if you saw Pikeville Middle gut Belfry Middle like 38-6 in the regional championship a couple years ago and now have more players in those classes, you know what's coming...
Gus McCrae (06-22-2020), Patriot1 (06-23-2020), PHS DYNASTY (06-22-2020)
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:28 PM
Cheerleader
All these playmakers centering around an excellent QB like Isaac McNamee will only play a big part in playing at Kroger. Zack Lockhart had a breakout season even with the ball coming Jackson Hensley and Seth Pugh's way most of the time. I think we can look for bigger and better things out of Zack this season. Kid's got excellent hands and speed.
Gus McCrae (06-23-2020), jetpilot (06-22-2020), Patriot1 (06-23-2020)
Send a private message to PHS DYNASTY Add PHS DYNASTY to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:43 PM
Statistician
Liked 95 Times in 56 Posts
Gus McCrae is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post
Should have mentioned Landon Hammock in the prior post, he was a force on the state championship team.

Absolutely ! I've been told this young man has gotten bigger, faster, and stronger in the off season. All done on his accord up to this point. Going to be a BIG contributor!
jetpilot (06-22-2020), Patriot1 (06-23-2020)
Send a private message to Gus McCrae Add Gus McCrae to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:46 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post

This isn't the thread, but if you saw Pikeville Middle gut Belfry Middle like 38-6 in the regional championship a couple years ago and now have more players in those classes, you know what's coming...
Yes. It's coming !
Gus McCrae (06-23-2020), jetpilot (06-22-2020), Patriot1 (06-23-2020)
Old 06-22-2020, 11:15 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 44 Times in 39 Posts
Warriorhawk17 is on a distinguished road
PIKEVILLE Would not of beat belfry last year if Dixon rb from belfry had played. Without a doubt.
Send a private message to Warriorhawk17 Add Warriorhawk17 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:17 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Warriorhawk17 View Post
PIKEVILLE Would not of beat belfry last year if Dixon rb from belfry had played. Without a doubt.

This is a 1A thread not a Belfry excuses thread!
Gus McCrae (06-23-2020), PHSForever (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 07:40 AM
Statistician
Liked 95 Times in 56 Posts
Gus McCrae is on a distinguished road
I think one young man should be mentioned in this conversation is the Thornsbury kid that transferred in. In watching film on hudl, he looks pretty quick at DT. He wastes no time getting into the backfield. His size is good, although he's listed height is deceptive. He looks shorter than listed, but again he's got some speed. If he plays like what i've seen, then there are some positives he brings to the table.
PHS DYNASTY (06-23-2020)
Send a private message to Gus McCrae Add Gus McCrae to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:14 AM
Head Coach
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Liked 935 Times in 400 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gus McCrae View Post
I think one young man should be mentioned in this conversation is the Thornsbury kid that transferred in. In watching film on hudl, he looks pretty quick at DT. He wastes no time getting into the backfield. His size is good, although he's listed height is deceptive. He looks shorter than listed, but again he's got some speed. If he plays like what i've seen, then there are some positives he brings to the table.
The kid is UBER talented. No question about it. With that said, I think he’s got a bit of an adjustment period ahead of him. He played in a 4-3 at Mingo. Pikeville runs a 3-4 most of the time. Judging from the film I watched. Mingo just turned Jacoby loose and let him use his athleticism to make plays. Coach Sullivan’s Defense is a much more assignment driven, technique oriented style of play that has very little room for “Freelancing”. Not saying Jacoby can’t flourish in this type of defense. He can and he will! Just gonna take some time is all...
Gus McCrae (06-23-2020), PHS DYNASTY (06-23-2020)
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 01:00 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by HAIL PIKEVILLE! View Post
The kid is UBER talented. No question about it. With that said, I think he’s got a bit of an adjustment period ahead of him. He played in a 4-3 at Mingo. Pikeville runs a 3-4 most of the time. Judging from the film I watched. Mingo just turned Jacoby loose and let him use his athleticism to make plays. Coach Sullivan’s Defense is a much more assignment driven, technique oriented style of play that has very little room for “Freelancing”. Not saying Jacoby can’t flourish in this type of defense. He can and he will! Just gonna take some time is all...
Agree. Noticed in the PCB where he made some good plays from his DT position. Ol for Pikeville responded petty well with the quickness he was bringing. Adjustment to Pikeville system will be key imo, but shouldn't be a problem. Imo, a welcomed addition the the Panther team.
Gus McCrae (06-23-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 01:33 PM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
TheBear is on a distinguished road
District One Players to Watch:

Crittenden County:
Xander Tabor
Luke Crider

Russellville:
Josh Allen
Jovari Gamble

Fulton County:
D'Avian Bradley
Broc Bridges
Max Gibbs
Send a private message to TheBear Add TheBear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:35 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
WHSALUM08 is on a distinguished road
Dominick Francis and Tyrell Hollis from Phelps. Francis had over 1300 rushing yards last season. Hollis is a speedy back looking to have a breakout year
Send a private message to WHSALUM08 Add WHSALUM08 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:24 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
sambo is on a distinguished road
Pikevilles whole team, there film guy, couple of their cheerleaders, and one of the concession stand workers. I’m hearing they all have division 1 scholarship offers.
Send a private message to sambo Add sambo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 11:05 AM
State Champion

Location: Setting sail with Capt. Morgan and never leaving dry land
Liked 1,839 Times in 1,102 Posts
PHSForever is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
Pikevilles whole team, there film guy, couple of their cheerleaders, and one of the concession stand workers. I’m hearing they all have division 1 scholarship offers.
Concession stand worker is a sleeper 5 star...
jetpilot (06-27-2020)
Send a private message to PHSForever Add PHSForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football