Rate This Thread - Fake news.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:14 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,034 Times in 867 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default Fake news
'FOX News is a right or alt-right news outlet', a false and widely stated attack premise among the left. But to be sure, FOX puts out their own share of fake news.

The FOX News parent company actually leans more to the left than they do to the right, as the programming readily demonstrates. FOX And Friends is a good show, as are Hannity and Ingraham's shows. But other than those three many people including myself, have nearly abandoned the FOX parent channel. FOX Business on the other hand, still shoots down the middle a bit better. But it is certainly not all-conservative all-the-time, as the left would have you believe.

Some of the Anchors are seemingly conservative enough, but the live reporters such as John Roberts, Trace Gallagher or Blake Burman, as well as a large ratio of the anchor's side kicks, are very decidedly liberal. So, though one might still reasonably expect to get a fairly honest entrée, washing it down with the follow-up liberal monkey puke is a no-go for me. Most of the contributors and opinion offering guests are raging libs as well. And let's at least accept this little reality as well, their presence on the shows and the content of their comments are no surprise to anybody at FOX. It's been MONTHS since Judge Napolitano has said a thing I agree with for example. But I believe these liberal contributors are brought on the shows with a very strategic plan in mind, in order to present the desired message.

At any rate how these so-called reporters present a premise, or with what nuances a report is orated on any situation, is critical to the manipulation of their viewers. For example and this drives me up the wall; When Blake Burman et-al report on the President's efforts to get Mexico to start acting more like a responsible neighbor and less like a travel agency to the US for Central America and all those neer-do-wells lurking in their midst down there, here's how they 'couch' their reports. "The President is trying to get Mexico to help the US effectuate US immigration policy."

Absolutely not true, at all. If Burman and the rest want me to believe Mexico is completely powerless to control any aspect of their border with Central America I ain't buying. Or if Burman thinks he can convince me that Mexico is powerless to stop providing free transportation for those hundreds of thousands northbound insurgents once again, I ain't buying. Mexico would not be 'helping' the US, by stemming the unfettered tide of Central Americans and whoever, travelling northward through the entire length of their sovereign nation. They'd be protecting their own sovereignty. I guarantee Mexico's immigration policy is waaay tighter than that of the USA. But to that end, Mexico have been the ones providing safe passage to the US. In fact I wouldn't exactly fall off my chair if we learned that Mexico charges for relocating these folks northward. We know for a fact Cyotes make their living in ferrying people north. It's as if they were the ones in charge of US immigration, and how many. And all we can do is whimper and take whatever they send us. It's a darn good thing Hitler didn't figure all this out or he could have just marched his army across the US Mexican border with impunity.

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:09 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sci-Fi is on a distinguished road
Fox News, liberal? Fox???? Liberal????

Chew on, O Great Beef Gnawing Echo, chew on, and call it macaroni.
Send a private message to Sci-Fi Add Sci-Fi to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:58 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
^^ Troll on, O great retread, Troll on, and call yourself a phony.

I stand by every word of my post. Further, if you could in any way refute one word of it you'd have tried.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I stand by everything, Fox is no liberal news outlet. That is for sure.
Send a private message to Sci-Fi Add Sci-Fi to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:43 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,527 Times in 1,099 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi View Post
Well I stand by everything, Fox is no liberal news outlet. That is for sure.
Fox News is not a liberal organization. The network actively campaigned for Donald Trump during most of the 2016 primary campaign and President Trump was one of the least conservative candidates in the Republican field. Fox backed Trump in the 2016 campaign because their management had the good sense not to back a career criminal for president. Fox deserves credit for helping to ensure that Hillary Clinton did not get another shot at the White House silverware.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:44 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fox should be neutral. Their bias swayed the votes of people from Hillary over to Trump. But, that won't matter. If any election is held today Trump will lose by 400+ electoral votes.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:51 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Fox should be neutral. Their bias swayed the votes of people from Hillary over to Trump. But, that won't matter. If any election is held today Trump will lose by 400+ electoral votes.

You really need to check the expiration date on that koolaid.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:22 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trump's approval ratings are atrocious. And look at all the people coming out against him. More and more people are becoming outspoken. Look at all the presidential candidates being sent to challenge Trump. Look at how he lost the house and senate. Look at how numerous states he is losing seats. Look at all the people speaking out against him that never have before. People who are no longer afraid to be bold. For example, the other day I watched Taylor Swift as she has never said a word about politics in her career and now she is getting people in droves to come out against Trump.

I don't see how in the world anyone can say that Trump is not in for a landslide loss in the 2020 election. The rich in this country have taken advantage of the poor for too long and now it's going to come to an end. No longer will the poor and middle class be on the backburner. It's happened for so many years (especially these past few) but this time we are truly in for a remarkable change.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:42 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 6,170 Times in 3,938 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
If I understand things correctly, Biden is leading to be the Democratic nominee. Trump has and will make him look terribly incompetent. That is, if Corey Booker doesn't beat him to the punch.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:01 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
If I understand things correctly, Biden is leading to be the Democratic nominee. Trump has and will make him look terribly incompetent. That is, if Corey Booker doesn't beat him to the punch.
Anyone running will destroy Trump. Like I said, all these people speaking out against Trump - some like Taylor Swift that don't even care about politics! They are going to take him down.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:46 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Anyone running will destroy Trump. Like I said, all these people speaking out against Trump - some like Taylor Swift that don't even care about politics! They are going to take him down.

Oh yeah. The Taylor Swift types are right up there with the likes of George Washington and Abe Lincoln. All those who think for themselves are gonna take her word as granite tablet worthy.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:59 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Oh yeah. The Taylor Swift types are right up there with the likes of George Washington and Abe Lincoln. All those who think for themselves are gonna take her word as granite tablet worthy.
The history books will certainly hail her as a hero. She was never outspoken about politics and now she is. That shows how bad this administration has been.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:44 AM
BGR Staff

Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Different is NOT synonymous with bad. And this administration could not be anymore different from Obama's. I see it a tremendous improvement.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:16 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

The history books will certainly hail her as a hero. She was never outspoken about politics and now she is. That shows how bad this administration has been.

List the bad stuff for us.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:40 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
List the bad stuff for us.
Decreased race relations
The great economy Obama left us with is in decline
Loss of rights
Losing on international relations
People losing welfare benefits that they need
Repeal of obamacare
Tax rates reduced for the rich
Increased racial tensions
Old 06-23-2019, 06:30 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

^^ Remember the moment Colonel Jessup admitted he ordered the code red? I rest my case.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:51 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about with Colonel Jessup. You wanted to know what declined under this administration and I told you.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:28 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

I don't know what you're talking about with Colonel Jessup. You wanted to know what declined under this administration and I told you.

Oh yes you do, I don't buy your act for a second.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:29 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What act? Seriously TRT, I'm unaware of all this.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:02 PM
BGR Staff

He might be trying to say that you can't handle the truth.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Politics and Current Events