Rate This Thread - 13th Region Predictions.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 608 Times in 391 Posts
walterwhite will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by UKCC View Post
Clay County had a reserve transfer to OBI, I believe. Havenít heard anything about Jackson County. The transfer issue goes back to a decision made a few years ago.
The two transfers were not going to play many varsity minutes with who Clay has coming back, thatís why they transferred.
Send a private message to walterwhite Add walterwhite to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:40 PM
Head Coach
Liked 367 Times in 288 Posts
ky playmaker is on a distinguished road
Clay has had a lot of kids quit or transfer the last few years. Idk the story behind all of them but itís def an issue
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:25 AM
2nd String
Liked 189 Times in 146 Posts
UKCC is on a distinguished road
Clay has had more than two kids quit or transfer. Playing time plays a slight role.
Send a private message to UKCC Add UKCC to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:29 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 83 Times in 63 Posts
cchsfan4life is on a distinguished road
It's simple......no one wants to play for someone who can't win.
Send a private message to cchsfan4life Add cchsfan4life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Scout Team
Liked 101 Times in 81 Posts
ArJay is on a distinguished road
I think this may be a make or break year for Clay and their staff. If they can win their district and have some success in the region they are headed back in the right direction. If not they have really fallen off hard. I think Bell is going to be very good despite a couple transfers too. It'll be interesting to see those 2 teams lock horns this year!
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:03 PM
Statistician
Liked 19 Times in 17 Posts
nedreader is on a distinguished road
When we start talking about IF Clay can win their district then I think they've already fallen off pretty hard. All we heard 2-3 years ago was about how this was the most talent since the late 80s/early 90s. This group is now sophomores/juniors so it's now or never I would think. How long has Gray been at the helm now?
Send a private message to nedreader Add nedreader to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:49 PM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by nedreader View Post
When we start talking about IF Clay can win their district then I think they've already fallen off pretty hard. All we heard 2-3 years ago was about how this was the most talent since the late 80s/early 90s. This group is now sophomores/juniors so it's now or never I would think. How long has Gray been at the helm now?
this will be his 3rd year I believe
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Scout Team
This does seem like a make or break year for Clay. It will be interesting to see how they do. Obviously NL lost a lot, but a lot of people seem to like them. Jackson is always dangerous as well. But that being said I'd pick Clay to win their district and see what happens in the region.
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:57 PM
Scout Team
I just heard today Bell County is going to the WYMT tournament. The Bobcats are going to be on the big screen (the one in my den). I don't know who else is in the tournament though.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:59 PM
Scout Team
Liked 43 Times in 38 Posts
clipperw is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ArJay View Post
I just heard today Bell County is going to the WYMT tournament. The Bobcats are going to be on the big screen (the one in my den). I don't know who else is in the tournament though.
Joining Bell will be:

Clay County
Floyd Central
Harlan County
Knott Central
Knox Central
Paintsville
Perry Central.
Send a private message to clipperw Add clipperw to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
factsonlyplease is on a distinguished road
North Laurel
Corbin
South Laurel: most talented but can't make it past these two again this year
Knox Central
Clay County
Send a private message to factsonlyplease Add factsonlyplease to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:53 AM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by factsonlyplease View Post
North Laurel
Corbin
South Laurel: most talented but can't make it past these two again this year
Knox Central
Clay County
North Laurel must be going to be really good and better than expected. A lot of people are picking them to do really well. It looks like the 2 Laurel County schools maybe the best in the region?
Old 09-13-2018, 10:15 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,521 Times in 2,769 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
South Laurel is the team to beat.
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:36 PM
Statistician
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
BIG TONY is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cchsfan4life View Post
It's simple......no one wants to play for someone who can't win.
Ouch!!!
Send a private message to BIG TONY Add BIG TONY to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:18 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 93 Times in 66 Posts
Jaguarhoundbird is on a distinguished road
South
Knox
Harlan county
Corbin
Clay
Middlesboro
North

Pretty big gap after 1-4 I believe.
Send a private message to Jaguarhoundbird Add Jaguarhoundbird to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:43 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by Jaguarhoundbird View Post
South
Knox
Harlan county
Corbin
Clay
Middlesboro
North

Pretty big gap after 1-4 I believe.
2 teams from Bell's district and Bell not 1 of them. I still think we have a lot of talent and will be very good this year even with some transfers.

It seems Corbin is always good no matter who they have, but how are they going to be with the players they lost last year?
Old 09-13-2018, 05:30 PM
Cheerleader
2 teams from Bell's district and Bell not 1 of them. I still think we have a lot of talent and will be very good this year even with some transfers.

It seems Corbin is always good no matter who they have, but how are they going to be with the players they lost last year?
They looked really rough in summer ball, but you can't put much stock into that at all. The chemistry issues are definitely real with them, and that will be their biggest issue.
Send a private message to Jaguarhoundbird Add Jaguarhoundbird to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:29 PM
Starter
Liked 212 Times in 168 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
I just don't see how Knox could be ranked any lower than second with four starters back, plus several reserves.
I can't imagine Corbin not being a contender. They lost a couple of very good players, but they had a lot of depth and one of the best JV teams I saw last year.
I think there's a gap after 1 and 2, but then about seven or eight teams in that group.
I think Bell could definitely be in the mix in that group after the top two, but they did look just awful in the last two district tournaments, so they have something to prove. They only lost one transfer from what I hear now. Last I heard, Partin is still at Bell for his senior year.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:32 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 608 Times in 391 Posts
walterwhite will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by nedreader View Post
This is year 3 of this term. He also served as head coach 1 other year, losing to Barbourville at home in the region semifinals!
Send a private message to walterwhite Add walterwhite to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:58 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,521 Times in 2,769 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Go Colonels!
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:04 AM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by HCS View Post
I just don't see how Knox could be ranked any lower than second with four starters back, plus several reserves.
I can't imagine Corbin not being a contender. They lost a couple of very good players, but they had a lot of depth and one of the best JV teams I saw last year.
I think there's a gap after 1 and 2, but then about seven or eight teams in that group.
I think Bell could definitely be in the mix in that group after the top two, but they did look just awful in the last two district tournaments, so they have something to prove. They only lost one transfer from what I hear now. Last I heard, Partin is still at Bell for his senior year.
Knox was ranked a little lower by some cause the turners left but are back now. He helps them. Corbin is always there. Harlan co is to far away to tell how good they will be 🤣
HCS (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 10:24 AM
Scout Team
I didn't know the Turners had come back. Them boys can play. Corbin is always good I just know they did lose a lot.
I am sure glad to hear Partin is still at Bell. Bell I think could be a top 5 team with the talent they have. Even though Middlesboro got 1 of our best young'uns. We just seemed to fall apart late last year. Hopefully this year we will get it together.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:31 AM
Starter
Originally Posted by ky playmaker View Post
Knox was ranked a little lower by some cause the turners left but are back now. He helps them. Corbin is always there. Harlan co is to far away to tell how good they will be 🤣

I know you hate that trip - I'm glad it's not as far going the other way.
Last I heard, only the oldest Turner returned, but things may have changed.
I agree about Corbin - no way to ever count them out.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:26 AM
2nd String
Liked 193 Times in 138 Posts
Bossdaddy 4115 is on a distinguished road
Ramey is the best player in 13th this season and was top two last season. It is souths to loose but the hounds and kc will give it a run. But you have to go with south cause Ramey and Cromer, best 1 2 punch.
Dietpepsidrinker (09-24-2018)
Send a private message to Bossdaddy 4115 Add Bossdaddy 4115 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Baller44 is on a distinguished road
Just going to say it one more time. If Morris does the job that I think he will Middlesboro will make a lot of noise this year. I think the All A, District, and Region are not out of the question for this group of kids. With that said it will be up to Morris to put all the parts together and keep the team intact. Going to be fun to watch Middlesboro Basketball again and even on the Girl's side as well with what I'm hearing.
Send a private message to Baller44 Add Baller44 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:43 PM
Scout Team
Middlesboro has a lot of players now. The 52nd district is shaping up to be very competitive I believe. No bad teams in the district.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:13 PM
Starter
The 52nd should be better. Lots of seniors this year I noticed - Middlesboro with eight, Bell with six and Harlan with five at last count.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Scout Team
The 52nd should be better. Lots of seniors this year I noticed - Middlesboro with eight, Bell with six and Harlan with five at last count.
Wow! we might as well enjoy being good for 1 year any way as a district!
Old 09-14-2018, 05:50 PM
Cheerleader
I know you hate that trip - I'm glad it's not as far going the other way.
Last I heard, only the oldest Turner returned, but things may have changed.
I agree about Corbin - no way to ever count them out.
Oldest Turner is the only one that came back.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:37 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
blueandgreen is on a distinguished road
North Laurel must be going to be really good and better than expected. A lot of people are picking them to do really well. It looks like the 2 Laurel County schools maybe the best in the region?
South will be very good I believe the region is theirs to lose, don't hold your breath on North Laurel I'm sure we'll be playing a bunch of middle school kids cause none of the upper classmen want to play for the coach. Wish we could run him off as quickly as he's ran some really good talent off!!
Send a private message to blueandgreen Add blueandgreen to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball