Rate This Thread - 14th Region 2017-2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:11 PM
Scout Team
Liked 94 Times in 84 Posts
hitter is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Easy Wind View Post
I see no reason why you feel the need to single out this one player. Is it because he plays at cordia? Is it b/c he is foreign? There are 100's of players who you could call out.
Sounds like you are prejudice. I didn't say anything about where he went to school or anything about him being foreign. So for u to bring it up u should have some issues. Hundreds of players aren't on the list just ten and that's who I commented on. I like him and Alice but the fact is is he's not very good
Send a private message to hitter Add hitter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:15 PM
Scout Team
Liked 94 Times in 84 Posts
hitter is on a distinguished road
Either one of the big boys from perry last year were better. I hope he does great but from what I see on his profile there are no offers
Send a private message to hitter Add hitter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:59 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 220 Times in 171 Posts
fatpatfan is on a distinguished road
Brutha Patriot Nation be knocking the bottom out of the drinks at the concessions and rolling through the region! Loaded up! #extracigars&champagnebefizzlenizzle More mash taters please!!!
Send a private message to fatpatfan Add fatpatfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Statistician
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
jumpshooter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jumpshooter
I really like Estill County chances this year. O'Hair from Breathitt was a huge pick up for football, but basketball as well. I hear that they also just got a transfer from the state of Michigan too. Do not know anything about the kid, but someone said he is 6'4''???? Can anyone confirm this?
Send a private message to jumpshooter Add jumpshooter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:47 PM
Asst. Coach
Originally Posted by jumpshooter View Post
I really like Estill County chances this year. O'Hair from Breathitt was a huge pick up for football, but basketball as well. I hear that they also just got a transfer from the state of Michigan too. Do not know anything about the kid, but someone said he is 6'4''???? Can anyone confirm this?

Since its freakin monsoonin outside at GTW, ole fatpat came in today to check the updates at Mortys. The Complex will be rockin like never before in a few short weeks. Steel beams have been installed, new popcorn machine has been ordered, and fatpat's seat has been stretched, wowza!!!

#estillcantrecruitenoughttocatchup More mash taters please!!!
Send a private message to fatpatfan Add fatpatfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:07 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bluewhite2133 is on a distinguished road
Yes, Estill got a kid from Michigan but he won’t play a role on the varsity team. Estill does have a freshman that should play quality minutes and he is about 6’4”
Send a private message to Bluewhite2133 Add Bluewhite2133 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:58 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Da Truth is on a distinguished road
This region could be wide open this year. Right now there are too many unknowns. However, I'm giving the nod to Knott. They bring size and scoring to the table plus some veteran play. Estill seems to have put several pieces of the puzzle together and that will put them in a position to cut down the nets as well. Middle of the pack would be Wolfe and Perry. I don't see any other team competing. Like I said, it's early and too many unknowns, but this is the way I see it.
Send a private message to Da Truth Add Da Truth to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Statistician
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
skydiver1 is on a distinguished road
Estill had strong guard play that could be the difference when tournament starts.
Send a private message to skydiver1 Add skydiver1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:08 AM
Asst. Coach
Shizzle freaking nizzle baby! Basketball and Patriot madness are upon us! Time to rise! #beatbedroppinghard More mash taters please!!!
Old 11-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Asst. Coach

After watching the junior barber school practice, wowza!!!

#geniuswaytogetthekidstotakeanap More mash taters please!!!
Old 11-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Asst. Coach

#busisalwaysrollin More mash taters please!!!
Old 11-15-2017, 10:20 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Ole Man is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Reds#1Fan View Post
Teams
1. KCC- With Caudill and Jones they have a really good 1-2 punch with a guard and big. Combs will be really hard to replace.
2. Estill- Estill returns everyone and rumor has it that JT O'Hair from Breathitt had transferred to Estill. If true that will give Estill 2 of the best scoring guards in the region.
3-6 (no difference)
Wolfe- returns a lot of scoring
PCC- has a ton of questions
Breathitt-been hit by transfers
Cordia- had a lot of talent coming back but who knows what's going on there or who will be there
7. Hazard- will be improved, might have a couple new kids that could help.

Top Players
1. Bonny- Estill
2. Caudill- KCC
3. Stone- Wolfe
4. Keita- Cordia
5. Jones- KCC
6. Back- PCC
7. Turner- Jackson City
8. Bennett- Buckhorn
9. Taulbee- Breathitt
10. O'Hair- *Estill

Joe Benton of Estill belongs in this conversation. Granted I don't know all the teams or players in the region too great detail, but I've watched Joe three times last year in high profile games. I can't believe that there are 10 players in the region better than Joe. I also watched quite a few games from other teams in the region. He doesn't consistently have the numbers, but the kid is something special. In the District Championship last year, I remember thinking he should have won MVP. I was really impressed with his performance. Come to find out he only scored 2 points. I feel like he will strike at any moment. He is really explosive and shifty. Joe did make the All-District team last year. He's just a Sophmore, but it is a mistake to overlook him.
Send a private message to The Ole Man Add The Ole Man to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:40 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by worker1 View Post
Oumar is a legit D1 prospect. But, more importantly, he is a great kid. I look for a big year from him.
Oumar Keita is definitely a D1 prospect. ESPN has him as the number 12 Center in the country. His scout grade is an 82, the 95th player in the country has an 82 scout grade. So he's basically a top 100 prospect in the country! He is good enough to be the best player on a State Championship team! I've never watched him play but shouldn't that make Cordia a virtual lock to win regions? I mean the kid could literally get a scholarship anywhere in the country and be playing or starting at 99% of the colleges today. If my memory is correct Cameron Justice's scout grade was an 80. ESPN lists him as the number 1 player in the state, so how in the world could he be 4th in his region?? He's the best player in the region. Once again I'm not as familiar with the region as I'd like to be, but it would seem to me that the only player in the region with a chance to contain him one on one would be Cameron Jones, and even then I think he'd be giving up some size. He's the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best player in the region, fact, and 4th is not even close.
Send a private message to The Ole Man Add The Ole Man to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:50 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grace13 View Post
That Hernandez kid from Powell can play gentlemen. I believe he will fly under the radar until the first couple of games. Watched him at Hazard and he was a monster against Hazard and PCC
I don't think he belongs in this conversation.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball