Rate This Thread - Belfry vs Sheldon Clark Region 4 AA championship (predict).

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 11-12-2005, 06:02 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 268 Times in 165 Posts
BlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really nice
Default Re: Belfry vs Sheldon Clark Region 4 AA championship (predict)
The Belfry Pirates are on my upset alert for this coming Friday night ! Sheldon Clark will bring it with all they have. This is do or die time for the Cards !
Send a private message to BlackcatAlum Add BlackcatAlum to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
former_cards_player02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to former_cards_player02
This year ive been sick and had heart problems, and all I got to say to the cards is win or loose, if my health gets worse next year I want you all to know that you made me really proud of all you guys and its been a honor to got to go to all the games this year, and lets go to Belfry and play the way we know how with heart.
Send a private message to former_cards_player02 Add former_cards_player02 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Head Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MR.INCREDIBLE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MR.INCREDIBLE Send a message via MSN to MR.INCREDIBLE Send a message via Yahoo to MR.INCREDIBLE
Originally Posted by "blackcat_student"
The Belfry Pirates are on my upset alert for this coming Friday night ! Sheldon Clark will bring it with all they have. This is do or die time for the Cards !
its do or die time for everyone, the pirates know it, they will be ready. should be good old fashioned blood and guts football next week:thumb:
Send a private message to MR.INCREDIBLE Add MR.INCREDIBLE to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Starter
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
blackcatfan_48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to blackcatfan_48
i think that belfry will win in a close one
Send a private message to blackcatfan_48 Add blackcatfan_48 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 06:52 AM
2nd String
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tomcatnation is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to tomcatnation
I see a Belfry D stepping up this week. Belfry by 2 td's.
Send a private message to tomcatnation Add tomcatnation to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 10:26 AM
BGR Staff - BGR Battle for the Bluegrass Champion

Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Batpuff will become famous soon enoughBatpuff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Batpuff Send a message via MSN to Batpuff Send a message via Yahoo to Batpuff
Well let me put my two cents worth in, from an outsider looking in at the game. To start with i know both teams have improved from the start of the year. Belfry is a great young team that makes a lot of unforced turnovers a lot like Lawrence co did this year. Sheldon Clark is also a young team, that also has unforced turnovers. The Belfry kids need to stick to what has gotten them here, and take care of the ball. But they are very vulnerable to a team that spreads them out and can do different things with there qb. Example Lawrence Co, did just that, and was only an inch from beating them. Sheldon Clark is vulnerable to the run and pass, but as of late has been stopping the run pretty good, but then teams are able to pass on them. IMO i think both teams will be throwing the ball alot more than they have all year if each team comes out and does what there suppose to do, stop the run. I look for Belfry to control the firt 1 1/2 then sheldon clark takes over, and it come down to the last drive of the game, and they try to kick a FG to win it. this is IMO>
Send a private message to Batpuff Add Batpuff to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TE#82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to TE#82
im a card fan and a former player all the sheldon clark fans remember this is belfry they still have good players and still have the same coaching staff and they will exucute when the time comes but they will have to do that at the right time in this game or they will get upset the time to shine is now for both teams or u will be in basketball season next week... i hope SC wins and i will prey but belfry has more experience than the cards are this deep in the playoffs it will be a great game with belfry winning a close hard fought game 28-21 belfry... but i hope cards win..

i love this trash talkin belfry will be fired up and the cards will to lets go cards.. whoever wins i hope they win state
Send a private message to TE#82 Add TE#82 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 11:13 AM
BGR Staff
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Tomcat68 will become famous soon enoughTomcat68 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Tomcat68 Send a message via AIM to Tomcat68 Send a message via MSN to Tomcat68 Send a message via Yahoo to Tomcat68
I think Belfry takes this one pretty easily and heads to Russell next week.
Belfry 28
Sheldon Clark 14 (one late TD)
Send a private message to Tomcat68 Add Tomcat68 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
orisonspi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by "GUPETTO"
Okay IM talking about this season.Yes they are young and they are faster but they have peaked this season with this ball club.they played better there 7-10 games then they are playing now in my opionion.This time there is much more confidence in sheldon clark. Anyone with confidence is a challenge.Belfry cannot run up the middle if the line of sheldon clark can prosecute correctly on their assignments.leslie had a hig octane offense which sheldon clark shutdown in the second half.Belfry does not have the offense that leslie had but belfry does have a better defense.Now in saying that I belief that the point of the game will soley remain on sheldon clarks ability in their line to provide a solid running attack which will win the game for sc.Last game a kickoff return destroyed sc momentum.belfry will not have any kickoff returns this game as I am sure coach Hager this week in practice will focus on special teams.belfrey does have big play potential.Therefore I believe if belfry has no big plays or just a few sc wins.
Trust me when I say Belfry has far from peaked this season..... 3/4 of the team is improving every week and we still haven't mastered the art of atckling and aissgnments on defense which has slowly been improving as well.... at this point in time Belfry hasn't put together 4 quarters of their best football...if they happen to do it this week then this game will get ugly and fast.

Comparing Belfry's offense to Leslie's isn't like comparing apples to oranges, it's like comparing apples to pumpkins because they are totally different. It takes a completely different type of performance to shut down Belfry's offense as it does LC's... LC will spread you out and beat you with finesse, Belfry packs you in an beats you with fundamentals and power. I said it before and will say it again...if SC doesn't play perfect assignment football then it's goodnight sweetheart. Thus I agree wiht your big play assumption...if SC keeps Belfry from having big plays then it means Belfry is playing right into SC's tempo.

The special teams point you makes brings up an interesting dillemma...if SC has to focus so much on the kick return game then won't that hurt them in other aspects? Also, Maynard doesn't just kill you on kickoff returns it is punts as well... that's alot of practice time you lose for a team who will have three 1,000 yard rushers and a passing game that has improved exponentially since mid-season.
Send a private message to orisonspi Add orisonspi to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
orisonspi is an unknown quantity at this point
A question for everyone....

What is the biggest difference maker in this one, Sheldon Clark's confidence or Belfry's big game experience?
Send a private message to orisonspi Add orisonspi to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PineRider4Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Belfry-28
SC-10
Send a private message to PineRider4Life Add PineRider4Life to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
XxXxRebelxXxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Cards will win by 7
Send a private message to XxXxRebelxXxX Add XxXxRebelxXxX to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think it will be a . the cards have played great this year. i think the cards will come out this week at practice and focas more on there passing game and special teams. i think they have the hart to beat the pirats and win the reginal championship this year.

go cards....
Send a private message to XxXxRebelxXxX Add XxXxRebelxXxX to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sheldon clark. i think they will come out and play there harts out if they cane play like they did in the last half of the leslie game then they will come out reginal camps...
Old 11-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
catsfan072 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to catsfan072 Send a message via MSN to catsfan072
Go Belfry!!
Send a private message to catsfan072 Add catsfan072 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
xsharpxshooterx67x is an unknown quantity at this point
I say Cardinals in a very close game. Cardinals are on a great high because they were supposed to have been beating 2 games ago, they are playing with great heart. This will be a very hard fought game by both teams. The Cardinals have nothing to lose in this game they will play with everything they have got, Belfry on the other hand has everything to lose. We were not to have gotten out of the first round, Belfry on the other hand is supposed to be the 3peat. Go Cards....
Send a private message to xsharpxshooterx67x Add xsharpxshooterx67x to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BIG JOHN is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got to believe that Belfry is on their way back to Louisville, but if those Pirate linebackers and d-backs don't wrap up and tackle those cardinal runners they'll be in for a long night.
Send a private message to BIG JOHN Add BIG JOHN to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Head Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MR.INCREDIBLE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MR.INCREDIBLE Send a message via MSN to MR.INCREDIBLE Send a message via Yahoo to MR.INCREDIBLE
Originally Posted by "xsharpxshooterx67x"
I say Cardinals in a very close game. Cardinals are on a great high because they were supposed to have been beating 2 games ago, they are playing with great heart. This will be a very hard fought game by both teams. The Cardinals have nothing to lose in this game they will play with everything they have got, Belfry on the other hand has everything to lose. We were not to have gotten out of the first round, Belfry on the other hand is supposed to be the 3peat. Go Cards....
just for the record, nobody gave belfry a chance at even winning the district this year, remember this was the year the mighty were going to fall, well as you now know, haywood didnt let that happen........i have no doubt that the cardinals have heart, but dont think for a second that belfry thinks that sheldon clark will just lay down and give them what they want because they are belfry....sheldon clark has proved they are a good team by beating some quality teams to this point, but let me say one of them was in the middle of thier worse season in many years and the other was a finesse team that doesnt match up well with a physical defense, this will no doubt be a great game between two teams who BOTH have everything to lose, not just belfry.
Send a private message to MR.INCREDIBLE Add MR.INCREDIBLE to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-13-2005, 10:28 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 509 Times in 324 Posts
BelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to BelfryPride
Well put Mr.I !!! Belfry will not overlook anyone, If anyone from SC knows anything about Coach Haywood they are smart enough to know that he will have the team ready to play and focused on the task at hand.

Both teams have the heart and desire to win this game.....

Go Pirates !!!!
Send a private message to BelfryPride Add BelfryPride to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-14-2005, 03:24 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DNTKNME is an unknown quantity at this point
Sheldon clark suprises everyone and wins big...

sc-35
belfry-14
Send a private message to DNTKNME Add DNTKNME to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-14-2005, 03:33 AM
Scout Team
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Camper is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Camper
belfry by 10
Send a private message to Camper Add Camper to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-14-2005, 03:48 AM
Starter
Liked 32 Times in 14 Posts
Pirate Pal will become famous soon enoughPirate Pal will become famous soon enough
I see four factors to Belfry winning this game:

1. DEFENSE: The pirates have to hit and hit hard. They have to stop a play at the point of impact ...NOT giving them 5 more yards by hanging onto their ankles. I'm sure that the Coaching staff will drill this all week at practice. Don't get me wrong, I know that their are a few that hit and tackle well, but it should be the entire team doing just that.

2. BALL CONTROL: We can't afford to let Sheldon Clark eat away at the clock. It's funny to say that because that is our game too. We have to give them 3 quick downs and then force them to punt (and to punt to Matt Maynard preferrably ) We all know that Coach Hager is going to have his team key on Matt, but we have to show them that Corey and Dustin are just as dangerous (which I'm sure everyone knows by now)

3. NO MISTAKES: Absolutely, positively, no mistakes...Period!!! We cannot fumble the ball. We can't give them that opportunity to get the ball back by fumbling. We can't get any stupid penalty calls either. The pirates will have to be show discipline and keep level heads.

4. FANS: Get up...Get rowdy...Get loud...Get a regional championship!!!
I believe Belfry can and WILL win this game. There will be football after Thanksgiving for the Pirates.

Belfry 38
SC 21
Send a private message to Pirate Pal Add Pirate Pal to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-14-2005, 04:26 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i-dono is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry cards...the big red machiene is to much for you friday!

Belfry- 35
Sheldon Clark-7
Send a private message to i-dono Add i-dono to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-14-2005, 04:43 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tweety is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by "i-dono"
Sorry cards...the big red machiene is to much for you friday!

Belfry- 35
Sheldon Clark-7

Send a private message to Tweety Add Tweety to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-14-2005, 07:08 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
shafter9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to shafter9
Well if you play the number games then it will be Belfry..But if you played the numbers game with Sc win against Lc...All i know is it will be a good game...!!
Send a private message to shafter9 Add shafter9 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
HappyGilmore is an unknown quantity at this point
Seems to me that Sheldon Clark is an awful confident squad for a team that got beat 38-12 a few weeks ago.:no:

Being in the Regional Finals is quite an accomplishment, but remember that the only people who felt Leslie Co. was a favorite to win the region were the folks from Leslie Co.

So take the win for what its worth. IMO, what it got SC is a trip to Pond Creek to get the smacketh layeth down on you.

All jokes aside, I think it will be a great ball game. I've just been wanting to us the layeth the smacketh down for a while now. And this little guy right here.......>>
Send a private message to HappyGilmore Add HappyGilmore to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-14-2005, 08:41 AM
Head Coach
Liked 606 Times in 362 Posts
Crossbones will become famous soon enough
I do believe Belfry is the better team. But if they don't tackle better than what they have been, it could be a long night. Another thing that to me is disappointing is Belfry not turning the knife when they have the other teams down. IMO they have let up when they get comfortable and let some teams come back on them. I honestly look for Belfry to win by atleast 2 td's.
Send a private message to Crossbones Add Crossbones to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Starter
Liked 32 Times in 14 Posts
Pirate Pal will become famous soon enoughPirate Pal will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by "HappyGilmore"
All jokes aside, I think it will be a great ball game. I've just been wanting to us the layeth the smacketh down for a while now. And this little guy right here.......>>
Does it feel better now that you got it out of your system?
Send a private message to Pirate Pal Add Pirate Pal to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
U of L is an unknown quantity at this point
This will be a very good game. It will come down to who has the ball last.. Im goin with SC on this one..
SC-20
Belfry-18
Send a private message to U of L Add U of L to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 11-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VINCE VEGA is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone remember this, this is the playoffs. these are teen age boys doing what they love to do, play football. It doesnt take whole lot to get excited for a game like this,so both teams will be ready to play believe this.

Sheldon Clark's momentiem vs. Belfrys experience is a wash!

This game boils down to execution, the team with the fewest mistakes, most big plays,and best fundamentals WINS, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!

Besides if any of these young men read this site, they will all be ready to go come friday night. Heck I havent played ball in 17 yr and ready to go.

Belfry 28
Sheldon Clark 18

ROLL BUCS! ROLL
Send a private message to VINCE VEGA Add VINCE VEGA to Your Contacts Top of page

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Classic BlueGrassRivals