Rate This Thread - Huntington @ Belfry (PCB) 8/24/18.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 09:43 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 510 Times in 324 Posts
BelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to BelfryPride
Default Huntington @ Belfry (PCB) 8/24/18
Season opener for the Pirates in the Pike County Bowl!

Thoughts?

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:16 AM
Scout Team
Liked 63 Times in 48 Posts
THINBLUELINE411 is on a distinguished road
Donít know anything about highlanders. Belfry is tough at home, but Highlanders will have abundance of talent.
Send a private message to THINBLUELINE411 Add THINBLUELINE411 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-18-2018, 01:21 PM
Statistician
Liked 65 Times in 43 Posts
AngryMob is on a distinguished road
Huntington wins this one Belfry going to be a late bloomer like classic belfry this year
Send a private message to AngryMob Add AngryMob to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-18-2018, 01:42 PM
Head Coach
Liked 165 Times in 94 Posts
PHSFAN is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to watching Darnell Wright for Huntington, the top ranked OLineman in the country who is an absolute beast.
Send a private message to PHSFAN Add PHSFAN to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-18-2018, 04:05 PM
Statistician
Liked 64 Times in 36 Posts
baller55 is on a distinguished road
Pulling for Belfry!! But this will be a tough one for them to win.
Send a private message to baller55 Add baller55 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-18-2018, 04:58 PM
Head Coach
Liked 804 Times in 487 Posts
bucslover68 has a spectacular aura aboutbucslover68 has a spectacular aura about
Wright and Tim Couch are the two highest rated national recruits BHS has played against unkess my memory is just wrong. If anyone knows anyone ranked higher than these two let us know.
Send a private message to bucslover68 Add bucslover68 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-18-2018, 05:06 PM
Head Coach
Liked 165 Times in 94 Posts
PHSFAN is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bucslover68 View Post
Wright and Tim Couch are the two highest rated national recruits BHS has played against unkess my memory is just wrong. If anyone knows anyone ranked higher than these two let us know.
I don't know much about the rankings in the mid 90s but Couch was a top 5 national recruit regardless, maybe number 1 overall and Wright is a consensus top 5 recruit in the nation so I'm gonna guess you are correct lol. Shawn Alexander might have been a top 5 nationally ranked recruit when he was at Boone County but I don't know if Belfry faced him or not.
Send a private message to PHSFAN Add PHSFAN to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-18-2018, 09:28 PM
Starter
Liked 666 Times in 432 Posts
Patriot1 is on a distinguished road
This will be a slobber knocker on both sides of the ball. Like was said before Belfry will be Belfry and get better each game and be ready for the playoffs, hope for injury free game and will be pulling for the Pirates
Send a private message to Patriot1 Add Patriot1 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-19-2018, 01:43 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Location: greater is HE that is in ME, than he that is in the world.
Liked 412 Times in 290 Posts
cuppett777 will become famous soon enough
Hopefully this year if Belfry gets the big lead,they can hang on...Is Wymt Showing it and what time?
Send a private message to cuppett777 Add cuppett777 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-19-2018, 09:40 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,754 Times in 1,987 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Belfry by 7.
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-19-2018, 10:39 AM
State Champion

Liked 205 Times in 153 Posts
king360 will become famous soon enough
If belfrys offensive line can give #32 a hole to run through they win this game. That kid is lightning fast.
Send a private message to king360 Add king360 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-19-2018, 01:11 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Eastside is on a distinguished road
this game will depend upon Belfry's front line and linebackers on def. Huntington's line is big and experienced. if they can't, will be high scoring game and who doesn't make the most turnovers will win this one
Send a private message to Eastside Add Eastside to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-19-2018, 02:24 PM
Starter
Liked 395 Times in 288 Posts
OutlawJoseyWales is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by king360 View Post
If belfrys offensive line can give #32 a hole to run through they win this game. That kid is lightning fast.

He is lightning fast no doubt.

This is an extremely difficult opener for this Belfry squad. Huntington is loaded with talent and depth. Belfry is already nursing some unfortunate injuries, that at least on the surface would appear to shift the tide of the game more towards Huntington. Iíve said from the get go....Belfry has to avoid the injury bug. Thereís not a tremendous amount of depth on his team. At least not right now. That may change as the season unfolds.

Defensive line and secondary will be tested mightily. IMO, LBís will be fine....especially if we can keep the OL from crashing out to that level.

Belfry will put up a valiant fight.... but I believe Huntington takes control of the game by mid way thru 3rd qtr.
Send a private message to OutlawJoseyWales Add OutlawJoseyWales to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-19-2018, 02:44 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 4,075 Times in 2,989 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Anyway I know nothing about Huntington so I'm picking Belfry and hoping and praying to see them in Corbin in the semi-final we have some unfinished business to take care.

Belfry 28
Huntington WV 27
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-19-2018, 03:28 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 6,069 Times in 3,857 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Be careful what you wish for Big SUR!!

Old 08-19-2018, 03:55 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by 64SUR View Post
Anyway I know nothing about Huntington so I'm picking Belfry and hoping and praying to see them in Corbin in the semi-final we have some unfinished business to take care.

Belfry 28
Huntington WV 27

Thereís not a Belfry fan on the planet who wouldnít take that scenario. And love it. No disrespect intended...... if this were to happen, that would mean the Pirates would have vanquished the heavily favored Boyle Co. Easier said than done.
64SUR (08-19-2018), Patriot1 (08-19-2018)
Send a private message to OutlawJoseyWales Add OutlawJoseyWales to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-19-2018, 05:14 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 241 Times in 195 Posts
T-CATS is on a distinguished road
Think Huntington wins the game and should be a great game.
Send a private message to T-CATS Add T-CATS to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-20-2018, 01:42 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
itsus is on a distinguished road
Belfry 35 Huntington 31
Send a private message to itsus Add itsus to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-23-2018, 09:18 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

BelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of light
Will this be aired on WYMT?
Old 08-23-2018, 06:10 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by BelfryPride View Post
Will this be aired on WYMT?
I tried to see but couldnít find it so I canít answer that question BelfryPride. I no that Bobby and the coach will be doing it and the do a real good job. I hope to be at this game and watch the Pirates and hope they win but we all know Coach Haywood just wants them to get better each week and a loss now donít define the season.Going to be a good one to watch.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:19 AM
Starter
Liked 594 Times in 338 Posts
AtlPirateFan is on a distinguished road
WYMT usually carries the PCB games. Haven't found the link yet but sure it will be up sometime today.
Send a private message to AtlPirateFan Add AtlPirateFan to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-24-2018, 09:35 AM
Water Boy
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
kywvfan is on a distinguished road
I have been told it will be on WYMT. Can't find a link yet though
Send a private message to kywvfan Add kywvfan to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-24-2018, 03:04 PM
Starter
Itís game day for the Pirates itís time to buckle up and play football.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:09 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by Patriot1 View Post
Itís game day for the Pirates itís time to buckle up and play football.
Not a lot of talk so far about this team or game. Weíre still on page 1. It will be interesting too see how this Belfry OL and DL handle the size and athleticism of Huntingtonís lineman. Gonna be a stiff challenge. May be the best ďcollectionĒ of big guys Belfry will face all year.
Patriot1 (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 03:40 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by OutlawJoseyWales View Post
Not a lot of talk so far about this team or game. Weíre still on page 1. It will be interesting too see how this Belfry OL and DL handle the size and athleticism of Huntingtonís lineman. Gonna be a stiff challenge. May be the best ďcollectionĒ of big guys Belfry will face all year.
Definitely will be but Johnson Central has a big line also maybe not as talented. There is not a lot of talk on here from the Belfry fans have no idea what the problem is. Right about the stiff challenge, I am interested to see how Belfry stacks up against these guys too. Hope for an injury free game for both and a good game.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:05 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,273 Times in 886 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OutlawJoseyWales View Post
Not a lot of talk so far about this team or game. We’re still on page 1. It will be interesting too see how this Belfry OL and DL handle the size and athleticism of Huntington’s lineman. Gonna be a stiff challenge. May be the best “collection” of big guys Belfry will face all year.
I agree. Where are all the Belfry fans? Have they abandoned ship after last years early exit from the playoffs?

I'm going with Huntington in this one. I don't know much about them, but I'm assuming others know what they are talking about when they say Huntington will be deep and talented. If that is the case, Belfry will have their hands full.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-24-2018, 06:06 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Westside View Post
I agree. Where are all the Belfry fans? Have they abandoned ship after last years early exit from the playoffs?

I'm going with Huntington in this one. I don't know much about them, but I'm assuming others know what they are talking about when they say Huntington will be deep and talented. If that is the case, Belfry will have their hands full.
Ha! No one has "Jumped Ship" as much as you all would hope for that. Some people have other things going on in their life than sitting on a website for 12 hours a day. I am on because I am allowed to do so where I work. Some people cannot.

Anyway, I am here. haha that's all you need!

From what I gather, Huntington's QB is a D-1 prospect and has mad skills. He will probably give Belfry's backfield fits if it has not improved from last report. We will see. I have no idea about either of them at this point. Regardless of a win or loss, Belfry will learn from it and get better. Not concerned, Haywood is the man.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:09 PM
Water Boy
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Ole Kentucky is on a distinguished road
I think Huntington is going to run away with this one. Their defensive line is big, strong and fast. I see Belfy having a lot of trouble blocking them. With that said I expect Belfrey to battle back and be stronger latter part of the year.
Huntington 42
Belfry 14
Send a private message to Ole Kentucky Add Ole Kentucky to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-24-2018, 06:40 PM
Head Coach

Liked 1,098 Times in 776 Posts
Demarcus ware is on a distinguished road
Ha! No one has "Jumped Ship" as much as you all would hope for that. Some people have other things going on in their life than sitting on a website for 12 hours a day. I am on because I am allowed to do so where I work. Some people cannot.

From what I gather, Huntington's QB is a D-1 prospect and has mad skills. He will probably give Belfry's backfield fits if it has not improved from last report. We will see. I have no idea about either of them at this point. Regardless of a win or loss, Belfry will learn from it and get better. Not concerned, Haywood is the man.
The big OT is the one to watch. He’s either the #1 or #2 Tackle in the country with offerers from pretty much any school he wants including BAMA, Georgia and so on
Send a private message to Demarcus ware Add Demarcus ware to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 08-24-2018, 06:43 PM
Starter

Not me BelfryPride I am one of those 12 hours a day guys but I love it, sometimes itís nice to be old. I was worried too, but itís right now getting to be in full swing. I will be there to watch the Pirates tonight to see where they stand. Hope for a win but like you said Coach will bring them around 1 game at a time. Good luck tonight and hope for a injury free game for both teams
Closed Thread

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football